Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Boring Boring Higgs Boson - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boring Boring Higgs Boson (6077 Views)

Thanks, Seun! The Religion Section Is Now Officially Boring. / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / I Find Church Services Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
musKeeto:
And how is this similar to blind faith?

If you cant see it then you are indeed blinded by an irrational, illogical faith in pseudoscience.
What thehomer presents as "evidence" of the big bang is NOT evidence perse but arguments in favor of the big b[i]a[/i]ng as a valid theory. There is no empirical evidence in the lab to show that smashing two atoms together will generate any thing useful enough to become the earth. grin
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

What we have are explanations in search of a theory to justify. No evidence that a big b[i]a[/i]ng will create anything as complex as the earth and life forms.

Obviously, you're deeply ignorant on how science progresses for you to make such a statement.
So how do you think the earth and the organisms on the earth came into existence?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

If you cant see it then you are indeed blinded by an irrational, illogical faith in pseudoscience.
What thehomer presents as "evidence" of the big bang is NOT evidence perse but arguments in favor of the big b[i]a[/i]ng as a valid theory. There is no empirical evidence in the lab to show that smashing two atoms together will generate any thing useful enough to become the earth. grin

Do you have evidence for another idea that is reasonable?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

Obviously, you're deeply ignorant on how science progresses for you to make such a statement.
So how do you think the earth and the organisms on the earth came into existence?

As usual, since the atheist cannot cogently marshall his point, he plays musical chairs by pretending to ask a "question" he already knows the answer to.
We have discussed your question here times without number. The earth and organisms came into existence by the command of God (read Genesis 1 if in doubt).

The question being discussed here is the scientific alternative... pls stick to that. I for one am sick of ignorant dolts trying to avoid uncomfortable truths about the massive gaps in science and the blind faith required to believe that the earth somehow appeared by chance.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Kay17: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

What came first... the earth or the physical laws? Explain pls.

As long as there are entities interacting, there are physical laws.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

Do you have evidence for another idea that is reasonable?

Why should i? I think the bible idea is valid enough. you're the one trying to convince me you have a logical alternative. Try harder.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

Why should i? I think the bible idea is valid enough. you're the one trying to convince me you have a logical alternative. Try harder.

How on earth is the Bible a valid idea? Do you now consider it to be a good source of scientific information?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Kay 17:

As long as there are entities interacting, there are physical laws.

and those entities interacting appeared from where? What came first? the interacting bodies or the physical laws?

If you say the interacting bodies then how did they start interacting AFTER the emergence of the physical laws? Did the moon float into place after gravity appeared?

If the physical laws came first then why? What was the point of a useless set of laws guiding the interactions of nothing?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

How on earth is the Bible a valid idea? Do you now consider it to be a good source of scientific information?

Sorry, that is not the point of the discussion. Please answer the questions put to you. you can create another thread for this.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

As usual, since the atheist cannot cogently marshall his point, he plays musical chairs by pretending to ask a "question" he already knows the answer to.
We have discussed your question here times without number. The earth and organisms came into existence by the command of God (read Genesis 1 if in doubt).

The question being discussed here is the scientific alternative... pls stick to that. I for one am sick of ignorant dolts trying to avoid uncomfortable truths about the massive gaps in science and the blind faith required to believe that the earth somehow appeared by chance.

No, we haven't agreed that the Bible even has a snowball's chance in hell of being valid.
We aren't really discussing the scientific theory, I'm simply telling you what scientists have discovered.
Since you've dragged your Bible in here, don't cry when it is easily shown for the myth collection it actually is.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

Sorry, that is not the point of the discussion. Please answer the questions put to you. you can create another thread for this.

No, it is part of the discussion since you seem to think that the ideas in it can be compared to the theories put forward by scientists.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

No, we haven't agreed that the Bible even has a snowball's chance in hell of being valid.
We aren't really discussing the scientific theory, I'm simply telling you what scientists have discovered.
Since you've dragged your Bible in here, don't cry when it is easily shown for the myth collection it actually is.

We have both agreed the bible is a myth times without number. you simply use it as a smokescreen when you cant cogently explain your own alternative... that the scientific theories are themselves empty myths that require as much blind faith to believe as the mythological bible.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

No, it is part of the discussion since you seem to think that the ideas in it can be compared to the theories put forward by scientists.

DAft. At no point did i think biblical ideas are on par with scientific ideas EXCEPT the fact that both are founded on pure faith.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

We have both agreed the bible is a myth times without number. you simply use it as a smokescreen when you cant cogently explain your own alternative... that the scientific theories are themselves empty myths that require as much blind faith to believe as the mythological bible.

How can we both agree to that when you just said you're basing your opinions on it?
I can explain the scientific ideas to you but you would be better off actually reading up on them. If you think the Bible can be compared to the work done by scientists, then you shouldn't be afraid to defend it with something better than blind faith.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Kay17: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

and those entities interacting appeared from where? What came first? the interacting bodies or the physical laws?

If you say the interacting bodies then how did they start interacting AFTER the emergence of the physical laws? Did the moon float into place after gravity appeared?

If the physical laws came first then why? What was the point of a useless set of laws guiding the interactions of nothing?

I said Everything had always existed and that as long as entities interact, there is physical laws. So asking who came first is nonsensical.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

How can we both agree to that when you just said you're basing your opinions on it?
I can explain the scientific ideas to you but you would be better off actually reading up on them. If you think the Bible can be compared to the work done by scientists, then you shouldn't be afraid to defend it with something better than blind faith.

I could explain the bible ideas to you but you would be better off actually reading up on them as well.

Here, i can attach links too - http://www.bible.com/

Atheists are such a dishonest ignorant lot. they open 100 threads a day demanding biblical explanations from you on the spot... ask them to defend their point and they either slink away or post 1000 links and ask you to go read on your own. You too should go and read. The bible is only a few pages long.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

DAft. At no point did i think biblical ideas are on par with scientific ideas EXCEPT the fact that both are founded on pure faith.

Insane. If you don't think they're on par, then why are you citing it as your source of information on the origin of the earth and the organisms?
Maybe your illness is acting up again thereby causing you to confuse your faith and ignorance with evidence (which I've actually presented).
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

I could explain the bible ideas to you but you would be better off actually reading up on them as well.

Here, i can attach links too - http://www.bible.com/

I've read it. Now are you ready to defend it?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Kay17: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

Faith is blindly and unjustified assumptions. And faith is not a requirement for scientific theories.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

I've read it. Now are you ready to defend it?

I read your links too long long ago, rather than defend it here you simply post more links. Go and read more...

here a few more links - http://www.biblegateway.com/
http://www.biblestudytools.com/
http://www.bibleexplained.com/
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

Insane. If you don't think they're on par, then why are you citing it as your source of information on the origin of the earth and the organisms?
Maybe your illness is acting up again thereby causing you to confuse your faith and ignorance with evidence (which I've actually presented).

where did i do such a thing? projecting much?

The "evidence" your presented (aka the links you posted)... say exactly what?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

I read your links too long long ago, rather than defend it here you simply post more links. Go and read more...

here a few more links - http://www.biblegateway.com/
http://www.biblestudytools.com/
http://www.bibleexplained.com/

They're the same Bible aren't they? My point is that I posted three lines of evidence which I'm ready to defend can you present three lines of evidence from the Bible that you're ready to defend? Note that I didn't post links.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
Kay 17:

Faith is blindly and unjustified assumptions. And faith is not a requirement for scientific theories.

it doesnt have to be a requirement, its just a part of it.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Kay17: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
The first mistake the bible made is: failing to provide why it was necessary for God to design the world.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

They're the same Bible aren't they? My point is that I posted three lines of evidence which I'm ready to defend can you present three lines of evidence from the Bible that you're ready to defend? Note that I didn't post links.

Did you read those links at all? One is a list of helpful bible commentaries to answer your questions and another is a step by step verse by verse explanation of the bible.

If you need more links just ask my dear. I too can post links too. Surely you are very interested in reading just as much as you ask me to read your own links.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Kay 17: The first mistake the bible made is: failing to provide why it was necessary for God to design the world.

As if science has provided us a rational for why the earth had to exist in the first place? what is the point creating humans so they can die after 70 worthless yrs? What are we recycling here? Our lives?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

where did i do such a thing? projecting much?

The "evidence" your presented (aka the links you posted)... say exactly what?

I didn't post links.

This is from someone suffering from short term memory loss. Note the emphasis.

davidylan:

. . . .

Who made the above statements?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by thehomer: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

Did you read those links at all? One is a list of helpful bible commentaries to answer your questions and another is a step by step verse by verse explanation of the bible.

If you need more links just ask my dear. I too can post links too. Surely you are very interested in reading just as much as you ask me to read your own links.

Is something wrong?
Can you show me where I've posted a link on this thread? It looks as if you're already getting cold feet and wish to hide behind confused Bible writers.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

Oh sorry... let me post bullet points then...

1. God created the earth
2. God created man in His own image
3. By faith, i can feel and acknowledge the presence of the Most High.

If you want further explanations of the above reasons why i believe the bible to be true... just ask... i have more links for you.

Two can play the dishonest game of musical chairs no?
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

Is something wrong?
Can you show me where I've posted a link on this thread? It looks as if you're already getting cold feet and wish to hide behind confused Bible writers.

just the same way you hopeless empty heads hide behind theories you dont understand. When pressed to provide evidence you simply show up with baseless bullet points saying nothing and links you cannot defend.

Dont worry, its not a case of cold feet. If you provide only links and bullet points, dont expect me to go into a lengthy explanation of my own viewpoint.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
thehomer:

I didn't post links.

This is from someone suffering from short term memory loss. Note the emphasis.

Who made the above statements?

Read my first link. You should see evidence for my answer there.
Re: Boring Boring Higgs Boson by Kay17: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
davidylan:

it doesnt have to be a requirement, its just a part of it.

If Science uses Faith, why does it have space for Research? Why does it place a value on discovery?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

It Will End In TEARS AND MOURNING-A Prophecy About Nigeria In The Month Of June / Why Did Jesus Tell His Disciples To Buy Swords Before Crucifixion? / Identify The Sixteen Hidden Books Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.