Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. (30128 Views)

The 10 Leading Family Businesses In Africa / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? / Clarification: Ghana Is Not Closing Legal Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by TheGeneral1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: This is clearly an act of agression.

The Federal Govt should retaliate appropriately.

Troops should be sent to protect Nigerians goods from being misappropriated.

GEJ - hope you've heard!
Hahahaha...I laugh in Igbo! Troops to be sent where? Nigeria should not make that mistake.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by OAM4J: 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Africason: Really??! SMH And I believe the Nigerian elitist who are intelligent have propelled that country to greater heights, no? Talking of an obnoxious statement from a supposed intelligent fella...lol
Like your silly prof that insulted Nigerians and Nigerian president?! If that what you call intelligence, I would say you are as deluded as your leaders!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by TheGeneral1(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
Rossikk: Personally I think we should BREAK DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS WITH GHANA.

This nonsense has gone on too long.

I can bet you their economy would collapse like a house of cards if we pulled the plug on them. Stop the low priced oil supplies, order our banks and financial institutions to divest from their economy. And finally, we could clandestinely sponsor their neighbours like Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso to destabilize them, since they have no real army to defend their country. In fact we could mess them up so badly they'd be worse than Somalia in 3 years. In the end, we'll send in our ECOMOG troops to save them from themselves, and they'll become another grateful Nigerian 'colony' like Sierra Leone and Liberia.

You think if Nigeria should do that it will affect Ghana? NO! The reverse is true.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
all4naija: Like you silly prof that insulted Nigerians and Nigerian president?! If that what you call intelligence, I would say you are as deluded as your leaders!

The Prof. never insulted anyone - he said what every sane Nigerian knows already.

Why do you guys argue blindly?

Ghana did the right thing here, and they have my support. cool
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SisiKill1: 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
iv4fb: @sisi-kill, such assumptions is totally wrong. Nonetheless, if Ghana be courageous enough, let them deport the Nigerians there and let's see what happens.

Dude, it doesn't matter! They are looking at where you are coming from and it ain't pretty. So when you tell them it is because of you they are doing fine, they scratch their heads in confusion and say why, if that's the case, are you fighting really hard to stay in our country? Why the hell can't you go do what you think you've done in our country. . .in yours??!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by omoghana22: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
iv4fb: @omoghana22, I doubt if you even have the SSCE you're talking about. Can't u just make a point without insults? Or are you demon possessed

i dont even have 1.....but i understand that GHANA IS DEMANDING A CERTAIN AMOUNT FROM FOREIGNERS (NOT NIGERIA) TO OPERATE BUSINESS IN GHANA AND THAT NIGERIAN ARE EXCEPTED SINCE THEY ARE ECOWAS CITIZEN. IF THIS IS DONE IN OPPOSITE WAY, I WILL NOT BE SAYING ANY SILLY THINGS TOWARDS NIGERIA......BUT IMAGINES THE MOST EDUCATED PEOPLE IN AFRICA SAY RUBBISH WITHOUT SOURCE......... ARE THEY NOT FOOLS? I AM GIVING THEM NUMBERS IN THE FORUM.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ghana, stand your ground..

It's your freaking country, and if they don't like it there - they can always return home. cool
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Africason(m): 10:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
londoner: Why is it that we are not hearing of nationals of European, Middle Eastern or Asian countries in Ghana going through the same thing under the regulation?

Cos they're not cry babies and they don't squirm and run and hide behind their moms skirt shouting wolf? cheesy lmao

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
The General: You think if Nigeria should do that it will affect Ghana? NO! The reverse is true.
You are right because Ghana is not a nation of productive African people.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by omoghana22: 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
The General: Hahahaha...I laugh in Igbo! Troops to be sent where? Nigeria should not make that mistake.

YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED THE BIGGEST FOOL IN THIS FORUM. THANK YU
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
@omoghana, I sense you might get a ban for ur wrong choice of words, you probably would have noticed that your posts are hidden, unlike Ghana, Nairaland (Nigerian run) is open to you all, but please learn to respect other people's opinion and do make a point without unnecessary insults. And if you can't do without insults, grow up!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by omoghana22: 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A FOOL TO DELETE MY POST AND LIVE THE IDIOTS[color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by TheGeneral1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
manny4life:

Sis, I LOVE YOUR POST. We share same ideology, Nigeria should sever diplomatic ties with Ghana immediately, this nonsense has gone on too long.
It is obvious that Ghanaians don't talk, they act!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by londoner: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
Africason: Cos they're not cry babies and they don't squirm and run and hide behind their moms squirt shouting wolf? cheesy lmao

Oh so they are also being closed down? Can you please provide the sources here. I would like to read them.....thanks.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by omoghana22: 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
iv4fb: @omoghana, I sense you might get a ban for ur wrong choice of words, you probably would have noticed that your posts are hidden, unlike Ghana, Nairaland (Nigerian run) is open to you all, but please learn to respect other people's opinion and do make a point without unnecessary insults. And if you can't do without insults, grow up!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE...MAY YOU RECEIVE MORE BLESSING FROM YOUR ANCESTORS. BUT PLS ADVICE YOUR PEOPLE TO GET FACT BEFORE THEY COMMENT. I LOVE MY COUNTRY JUST LIKE THEY DO AND AM EAGER TO DEFEND MY COUNTRY AND PEOPLE OF GHANA, WITH ALL MY STRENGTH AND ALL MY HEART. SO HELP ME GOD.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nigeria has colonized "Omoghana22." shocked

He's speaking 'Nigeria' lmao.

Omo + Ghana = Speaking Nigeria. grin

Gotta love Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Now I understand why the prof insulted GEJ and Nigerians. I'm sorry I do not know anything about Ghana or Ghananians but from this thread and from the article of Mr. Prof. I think that's the stuff they're made up of. They just must insult to make a point.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by londoner: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nigerians.....come home!!!!!

As soon as people there heard of the policy and realized they could not comply, they should have been making plans to leave.

They can not expect to be exempt from the regulation. We should know by now how Ghanaians actually feel towards us.

However, they handed them the green light. They did not comply.....simple.

Learn the lesson and divest from Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by manny4life(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2012
The General: It is obvious that Ghanaians don't talk, they act!

I know right, I can see how your actions are about to ruin you. undecided undecided undecided

Enjoy it while it last. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by maigaskiya1: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2012
dadde:

or its time for us to learn a lesson. we should develop our country
shekaina,my broda y re we complangafter all hav we 4goten d ghana must go saga.nw its nijas turn
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by omoghana22: 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
shymmex: Nigeria has colonized "Omoghana22." shocked

He's speaking 'Nigeria' lmao.

Omo + Ghana = Speaking Nigeria. grin

Gotta love Nigeria. grin

I CAN SPEAK YOU LANGUAGE BUT YOU CANT SPEAK MINE? THAT IS A SPY-MOOD. NOT COLONIALISM , FIST OF ALL COLONIZE THE WHOLE NIGERIA FIRST BEFORE YOU COME TO THE ME....LOL
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by manny4life(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
londoner: Nigerians.....come home!!!!!

As soon as people there heard of the policy and realized they could not comply, they should have been making plans to leave.

They can not expect to be exempt from the regulation. We should know by now how Ghanaians actually feel towards us.

However, they handed them the green light. They did not comply.....simple.

Learn the lesson and divest from Ghana.

If Nigerians will listen and start investing in their own nation, on another note, these folks need o leave this unfriendly place and focus on their own home. All this insult will STOP.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by manny4life(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
omoghana22:

I CAN SPEAK YOU LANGUAGE BUT YOU CANT SPEAK MINE? THAT IS A SPY-MOOD. NOT COLONIALISM , FIST OF ALL COLONIZE THE WHOLE NIGERIA FIRST BEFORE YOU COME TO THE ME....LOL

Speak what Language? Yoruba? Igbo? Hausa? Which is it? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by acidtalk: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
* first and foremost can someone read thes second paragraph were it said "are operating IlLEGAL businesses".

Nigeria is the ONLY country in the world that will enrich foreign nationals and IMPOVERISH its own citizens.

Only in Nigeria will expatriates treat Nigeria citizens worse than slaves and yet the government will turn its face the other way.

Only in Nigeria will the government monopolize the market by giving FOREIGN companies licenses to control a particular sector of the economy and then deny its own citizens their request to also operate. Vanswani and Chaugari brothers are typical examples.

It was OBJ that later turned that craziness by government around and started giving sole license otr fair playing ground to fellow indegenuos companies.

Take a look at Oil and Gas, Telecoms, Banking (before Soludo's recapitalization erra), Manufacturing, Phamaceutical, Construction, Avaiation, Hospitality and the rest, prior to Obasanjo's completion of 2nd term in office, those sectors were fully run by expatriates and they all (and still) treated Nigerian workers with so much disgust.

Ghana and other countries don't play with their citizens so if you can't develop your country the its your problem.

With China's cheap labour and harsh waorking conditions, they managed to bring their country to 2nd best economy in the world this is a sign that if India that looked up to Nigeria in the recent past and well as China can develop their countries (even South Africa), then what Nigeria's problem?

Don't blame the Ghanian government blame your useless Leaders.

r

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by macjive01: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ghana, should look reflect on what happened to Gabon in the early 90s when the country purged Nigerians from the country, to find common toilet roll what like getting fuel in obasanjo first time, let alone buying other essential items.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2012
How about sending a military to remove Boko Haram! Can a Southern Nigerian set up a business in the North without a Hausa-Fulani blowing it up!!? Ghana has a right to protect it's citizens and has a right to enforce its laws. The law is clearly there and the fact that criminal minded Nigerians did not follow the law means they must have their business closed down...

If the Nigerian armed forces can't even defeat 10,000 Hausa-Fulani militants how on Earth are they going to deal with Ghana. Where there is universal hatred of Nigerian criminals. If the United States could not defeat Afganistan or Iraq decisively what makes you think the useless Nigerian military who have been made to look foolish can touch a country of 25 million people? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by SmoothCrim: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2012
macjive01: Ghana, should look reflect on what happened to Gabon in the early 90s when the country purged Nigerians from the country, to find common toilet roll what like getting fuel in obasanjo first time, let alone buying other essential items.

Nigeria is a weak country. If Nigeria can't defeat Boko Haram Ghana will whip Nigeria!
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by ifihearam: 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
It will shock you to know that the nigerians in Ghana are more than the ghanians in nigeria
So who loses??

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by omoghana22: 11:02pm On Jul 06, 2012
manny4life:

Speak what Language? Yoruba? Igbo? Hausa? Which is it? undecided undecided undecided

HAUSA IS SPOKEN AT ALL WEST AFRICAN NORTH......I SPEAK THAT FLUENTLY. YORUBA...LOL, WHY I WAS IN LAGOS.....IGBO, I SPEAK IGBO BETTER THAN EWE.....BE CAREFULLL......YOU ARE INFECTED BY A SPYWAREE.
Re: Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra. by Africason(m): 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
all4naija: Like your silly prof that insulted Nigerians and Nigerian president?! If that what you call intelligence, I would say you are as deluded as your leaders!
Lol.... as deluded as ever! Another naija man making empty noise... I believe no Ghanaians make any comment about intelligence, on the other hand, a comment was made to the effect that Ghanaian elitists have no intelligence. Really?! All i can do is LMAO big time.hahahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Naira Extends Gains As Dollar Glut Hits Market / Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum / How To Open Diamond Bank Account With Your Phone Without Going To The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.