Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Plane Crash-lands In Benin - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Crash-lands In Benin (21518 Views)

Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra / IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Babasessy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
Breaking: Plane crash-lands in Benin
July 5, 2012

Travellers at the Benin Airport panicked on Thursday when an air force plane crash-landed on the runway.

Sources confirmed that none of the two pilots onboard the aircraft, with registration number 5N-BKS, were injured in the incident.

“The plane landed on the runway with its tyres locked in, an indication that the tyres did not shoot out,” said a source at the airport. “But only the pilot can really explain what happened.”

An airport rescue team led Air Maritime Operations responded promptly with the emergency team.

The incident caused delays in flight operations for some hours.

The airport manager, Segun Ayodele, who confirmed the incident, however said he was not at the airport when it occurred.

The plane has been evacuated to Okada aircraft hangar along airport road.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/breaking-plane-crash-lands-in-benin/
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by inspirenet: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
undecided
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by elari(m): 12:59am On Jul 06, 2012
grin . . . Hehe! The gods are angry o.
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by AK481(m): 1:01am On Jul 06, 2012
Thank God
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by fankasibe: 1:06am On Jul 06, 2012
I'm serious, Nigeria is under a curse.....GOD why did u even created me into this somalia-in-disguise??
I wonder wat will happen before i wake up.....maybe the president might have gone missing.

8 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Ruq: 1:24am On Jul 06, 2012
fankasibe: I'm serious, Nigeria is under a curse.....GOD why did u even created me into this somalia-in-disguise??
I wonder wat will happen before i wake up.....[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]maybe the president might have gone missing

That would be great news

5 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by dapsyd1(m): 1:27am On Jul 06, 2012
Lets just thank God for d safety of those on board and moreover that it didn't crashed on any building unlike dana plane

5 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by juman(m): 1:40am On Jul 06, 2012
fankasibe: I'm serious, Nigeria is under a curse.....GOD why did u even created me into this somalia-in-disguise??
I wonder wat will happen before i wake up.....maybe the president might have gone missing.

You are funny. grin

1 Like

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by MrNigeria2(m): 1:59am On Jul 06, 2012
not again
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by benpuzzy(m): 2:02am On Jul 06, 2012
Dana Plane Again? Lore what is happening? cry
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by iykak47: 2:02am On Jul 06, 2012
Is it only in Nigeria such incident occurs?
Talking about curse, if you are under curse talk about yourself, don't rope Nigeria into it.
Having access to computer is not a licence to be posting r ubbish all in the name of free speech.

32 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by b03liberty(m): 2:05am On Jul 06, 2012
may God have mercy on this nation sad
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by moderatorr: 2:05am On Jul 06, 2012
desperate attempt to link the president to a tireless plane.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Murphy7h4: 2:08am On Jul 06, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 06, 2012
Why are all these planes falling down from the sky like poisoned birds?!

3 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by tigerleggs(m): 2:24am On Jul 06, 2012
Babasessy: aircraft,
with registration
number 5N-BKS,
Nigerian Air Force has no such aircraft with this registration marking. I don't know what to believe again in this country. @OP, how well do trust your source? Congrats sha, you've made front page.

5 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by born2boink(m): 2:42am On Jul 06, 2012
Nigeria has been truly curse! Death taketh us away one by one! May God forgive everyone of us, I must start rushing Bleep because I don't know what will happen tommorow in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by damilola15: 2:58am On Jul 06, 2012
Babasessy:
Sources confirmed that none of the two pilots onboard the aircraft, with registration number 5N-BKS, were injured in the incident.

What about the passengers?
They could give information about the pilots.
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by GAR3TH(m): 2:59am On Jul 06, 2012
DA42 MPP makes belly-landing at Benin Airport

A Diamond Twin Star (DA42 MPP, registered 5N-BKS), operating as a light surveillance aircraft for PICOMSS, made a gear-up landing at its base, Benin Airport, this afternoon. No one was hurt in the incident. The airport was closed for some time but has re-opened.

http://nigerianaviation./2012/07/05/da42-mpp-makes-belly-landing-at-benin-airport/

2 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Tgirl4real(f): 3:07am On Jul 06, 2012
elari: grin . . . Hehe! The gods are angry o.

They need to be apeased
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by chiefkpokp(m): 3:13am On Jul 06, 2012
shut up, na like this una take dey carry rumour waka so, you and 247 news, there is nothing like plane crash mugu, the airport trainer skidded the runaway, its didnt crash, nothing happen, i wonder, why una dey lie like this, hope guys reads on the network news, that they confirmed there was not nothing like plane crash, na God polish ur mouth and 247 for this ilegal news.
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by chelseabmw(m): 3:15am On Jul 06, 2012
thank God no one was hurt
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Odunnu: 3:44am On Jul 06, 2012
damilola15:

What about the passengers?
They could give information about the pilots.
*smh*
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by greall1: 3:50am On Jul 06, 2012
For give almighty god. Is like our sin is too much.
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Mandelaguy(m): 4:03am On Jul 06, 2012
Some people talk senselessly. A brand new plane can crash as a result of technical errors or a just developed fault. Thank God for not allowing us have a bad news again.
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 06, 2012
Babasessy: Breaking: Plane crash-lands in Benin
July 5, 2012

Travellers at the Benin Airport panicked on Thursday when an air force plane crash-landed on the runway.

“The plane landed on the runway with its tyres locked in, an indication that the tyres did not shoot out,” said a source at the airport. “But only the pilot can really explain what happened.”

An airport rescue team led Air Maritime Operations responded promptly with the emergency team.

The incident caused delays in flight operations for some hours.

The airport manager, Segun Ayodele, who confirmed the incident, however said he was not at the airport when it occurred.

The plane has been evacuated to Okada aircraft hangar along airport road.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/breaking-plane-crash-lands-in-benin/
Mr. Moderator, you don't just see something and bring it to front page, you have to first and foremost clarifies.. Plane didn't crash land, it mises run way and it happen four days ago because the Benin Airport has been undergoing reconstruction the minister of Aviation then shut down the airport an as i am writting this Friday morning, the Airport has be reopens on Thursday and the source is AIT..
Before posting anything, you have to be sure..

3 Likes

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by Solomonadejo(m): 4:22am On Jul 06, 2012
Nah small Plane sef...... cheesy

Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by waja(m): 4:44am On Jul 06, 2012
This is not what the Wright brothers had in mind b4 inventing it.
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by toygod2: 5:01am On Jul 06, 2012
GOD SAVE NAIJA,MY DEAR NATION.....LEST WE ALL DIE FLYING
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by KINGwax(m): 5:10am On Jul 06, 2012
fados4sure:
Mr. Moderator, you don't just see something and bring it to front page, you have to first and foremost clarifies.. Plane didn't crash land, it mises run way and it happen four days ago because the Benin Airport has been undergoing reconstruction the minister of Aviation then shut down the airport an as i am writting this Friday morning, the Airport has be reopens on Thursday and the source is AIT..
Before posting anything, you have to be sure..
dear friend, why did u talk like d moderators have a brain to reckon wit?
Re: Plane Crash-lands In Benin by PopeUDENSI1: 5:10am On Jul 06, 2012
tigerleggs: Nigerian Air Force has no such aircraft with this registration marking. I don't know what to believe again in this country. @OP, how well do trust your source? Congrats sha, you've made front page.
I laugh in Hebrew tongue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugandan Couple Die In Fatal Accident Just One Week After Their Wedding. Photos / Boat Capsizes In Bayelsa: Pregnant Woman, NYSC Member, Five Others Missing / Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.