Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (43084 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
I can't find the thread on front page. Where is it there? Like in between what and what?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
Its not on front page now! It made frontpage few days ago when it was only a page worth. I made a comment on that page i think...

Maybe my complaints is stale now, i had wanted to say something about this then, but it escaped my mind.

Now its back and i just thought i should voice it out, so you guyz can tell us if there is now a modification to the rule governing stories that go fp.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
Okay I don't know about it. Lets wait for Obinnau
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
okay then smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
princesa: Err...Mr obinua, this is directed to you cos i perceive your handiwork in this...

Could you explain why a story just a page gone made it to fp (the last star) while stories with more juice are left to rotten into voluminous pages?

Doesn't it negate mynd's 'story must get to certain percent before they reach fp' speech?

Did that dude bribe you or something?

Should i think there's something fishy going on here?

Please reply me asapsad
Honestly Princesa, I am stunned. I still can't believe this came from you. I could have sworn you are a lot more different from what you just typified. Its all good. Have fun girl!

''...while stories with more juice...'' SMH

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Juice meaning quantity of content. Not quality or interesting quota.

Writers......smh
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2013
princesa: Err...Mr obinua, this is directed to you cos i perceive your handiwork in this...

Could you explain why a story just a page gone made it to fp (the last star) while stories with more juice are left to rotten into voluminous pages?

Doesn't it negate mynd's 'story must get to certain percent before they reach fp' speech?

Did that dude bribe you or something?

Should i think there's something fishy going on here?

Please reply me asapsad
it is not totally me that made his topic to make the front page. that decision is reserved only for the supermod. I recommended his story along with others and the supermod did her duties and selected what she felt was right. there is nothing like bribe involved. my name is obinnau pls identify me with that for faster response

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 9:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Mynd_44:
Juice meaning quantity of content . Not quality or interesting quota.

Writers......smh

thank you so much for that mynd, some people reason in an annoying and shallow way.

Now nkpume, if you don't get what i mean and if ur brain can't process my posts, please shut the f.uck up! angry
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2013
Obinnau:
it is not totally me that made his topic to make the front page. that decision is reserved only for the supermod. I recommended his story along with others and the supermod did her duties and selected what she felt was right. there is nothing like bribe involved. my name is obinnau pls identify me with that for faster response

why? Is there a machine that detects ur name when it is mentioned? As far as you know it was you am referring to, that should do, even though the correction has been noted...duh tongue

well yeah, i understand how the whole frontpage system goes, you suggest and they choose, am aware. My problem is that ordinarily his story shouldn't have been among the recommended because of its length. (which was just one page gone!)

mynd's rule before you say something different, but if there's a modification to it, then lay it bare for us...

They are so many stories i follow that are good but haven't made the required length of update, so i can't recommend them even though i would have loved to....You know why? Because I know the rules.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 9:41am On Oct 31, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Honestly Princesa, I am stunned. I still can't believe this came from you. I could have sworn you are a lot more different from what you just typified. Its all good. Have fun girl!

''...while stories with more juice...'' SMH

apologies if 'more juice' denoted something different to you, because whatever ur mind conjured, is not what i meant. Duh undecided
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2013
princesa:

why? Is there a machine that detects ur name when it is mentioned? As far as you know it was you am referring to, that should do, even though the correction has been noted...duh tongue

well yeah, i understand how the whole frontpage system goes, you suggest and they choose, am aware. My problem is that ordinarily his story shouldn't have been among the recommended because of its length. (which was just one page gone!)

mynd's rule before you say something different, but if there's a modification to it, then lay it bare for us...

They are so many stories i follow that are good but haven't made the required length of update, so i can't recommend them even though i would have loved to....You know why? Because I know the rules.
its just that each time I log on I local search my name to see where my name is referred to
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
princesa:

apologies if 'more juice' denoted something different to you, because whatever ur mind conjured, is not what i meant. Duh undecided
*cheers*
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Obinnau, Nkpume

okay guyz am coolsmiley
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
princesa: Obinnau, Nkpume

okay guyz am coolsmiley
hands her hot tea.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
princesa: Obinnau, Nkpume

okay guyz am coolsmiley
Okay dear. kiss

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Good evening Mods.
Often times, I find it difficult to modify a post. Is the fault from me? Or is there something I need to know?
Pls reply ASAP.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nkpume Iko: Good evening Mods.
Often times, I find it difficult to modify a post. Is the fault from me? Or is there something I need to know?
Pls reply ASAP.
What happens when you try to modify?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
What happens when you try to modify?
The post just refuses to open so I can edit.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
The post just refuses to open so I can edit.
After you click on "modify"? That's weird?

Please try it with a post on this thread and if it does not work, tell me when it started, your browser, phone type and ISP
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mynd why are you deleting my posts? sad
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 1:06am On Nov 05, 2013
princesa: Mynd why are you deleting my posts? sad
Stop derailling
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
After you click on "modify"? That's weird?

Please try it with a post on this thread and if it does not work, tell me when it started, your browser, phone type and ISP
For everywhere else, It does work, save for posts on my thread. Sometimes that is.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
For everywhere else, It does work, save for posts on my thread. Sometimes that is.

Well maybe you should try reducing the size of your updates. Make it shorter so instead of it to be on one reply, make it 2 instead
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2013
Mynd_44:

Well maybe you should try reducing the size of your updates. Make it shorter so instead of it to be on one reply, make it 2 instead
Thanks, advice noted.
The update was pretty too long i remember now. But since it has happened, can't the situation be salvaged?
My readers are left with the impression of 'comic divination' instead of 'cosmic divination'. See?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 8:32am On Nov 05, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Thanks, advice noted.
The update was pretty too long i remember now. But since it has happened, can't the situation be salvaged?
My readers are left with the impression of 'comic divination' instead of 'cosmic divination'. See?
My device can do long posts I don't know about Obinnau. But can you post it again? This time making them smaller?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2013
@ mkpume if you can point out the changes you need to make. I will be happy to oblige.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2013
Obinnau: @ mkpume if you can point out the changes you need to make. I will be happy to oblige.
Thanks Obinnau, just a minimal change. I need the phrase 'comic divination changed to 'cosmic divination' in my last update.
Mynd_44:
My device can do long posts I don't know about Obinnau. But can you post it again? This time making them smaller?
Posting it again it totally out of the question. Thanks again Mynd. High time I dumped the dumb device of mine.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Madawaki01(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nkpume Iko:

Posting it again it totally out of the question. Thanks again Mynd. High time I dumped the dumb device of mine.
FIXED
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Thanks Obinnau, just a minimal change. I need the phrase 'comic divination changed to 'cosmic divination' in my last update.

request done.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obinnau: request done.
Thanks a bunch man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41)

Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / Fierce / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.