Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (43010 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by skyscraperTM(m): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Her thread was locked to prevent plagiarism. 2go love was locked cos the OP asked that it should be. You have nothing to fear
GRACIAS!
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by adegwurulez(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Mods, please i checked the lady's thread and i still can't decipher why it was blocked. Is it that you guys lock and finished stories on this section because of plagiarism or what? Because i saw that 2go love was blocked and another finished story i checked was not blocked! I'm currently writing a story and i wouldn't want it to be locked when it's finished because i may need it for future purposes. I stand corrected though, please educate me.
same question i'v been wanting to ask. Oga mynd are u guys going to reopen the thread when the writer wants to make use of it?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2013
adegwurulez: same question i'v been wanting to ask. Oga mynd are u guys going to reopen the thread when the writer wants to make use of it?
Yes
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by adegwurulez(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
Yes
k tnx
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Detrickypat(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
Mod,

Please I have an on-going story on literature section titled FCT-Fake Cultural Territory...

I want to change the title to "Journey to Abuja"

Pls can you help me do that?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
De tricky pat: Mod,

Please I have an on-going story on literature section titled FCT-Fake Cultural Territory...

Go to the first post and click on "modify"
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
People can get problem...i Neva see grin

anyways mods, is there gonna be a poster of the year thingy or what?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2013
princesa: People can get problem...i Neva see grin

anyways mods, is there gonna be a poster of the year thingy or what?
we are not so sure if it will take place, but you will be notified if it will.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
That was fast...

Kk cool
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
De tricky pat: Mod,

done
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by adegwurulez(m): 1:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
ehm mods, thanks for unbanning me o but my post is still hidden, please you guys should release that post o
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by 360prince(m): 7:30am On Dec 15, 2013
oga mynd, good morning to you...

I have a big problem on my story "MY COMPLICATED LUV STORY WITH MY SCHOOL MUM", thats why am here to complain.

I had updated a page story before i got banned, now i cant see it again.
Sincerely speaking i would need an explaination where it has gone.

Thanks...
Prince
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Obinnau(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2013
360prince: oga mynd, good morning to you...

I have a big problem on my story "MY COMPLICATED LUV STORY WITH MY SCHOOL MUM", thats why am here to complain.

I had updated a page story before i got banned, now i cant see it again.
Sincerely speaking i would need an explaination where it has gone.

Thanks...
Prince
resolved.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by 360prince(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2013
Obinnau: resolved.
. Good morning sir...
Thanks for resolving the problems. I saw your text on my thread...
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by blazinglove(f): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2013
M trying to upload new post on my story- The last fight but the page is refusing to load.why?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2013
blazing^love:
M trying to upload new post on my story- The last fight but the page is refusing to load.why?
Click on reply from any page then
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by MsSpaqs(f): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2013
Who moved Kayemjay's story to the FP,you should have allowed it garner more updates since he just started it,I hope When it's no longer on Fp and people are clamoring for it to be there you would oblige their request at that time
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Spaqs: Who moved Kayemjay's story to the FP,you should have allowed it garner more updates since he just started it,I hope When it's no longer on Fp and people are clamoring for it to be there you would oblige their request at that time
It was not me
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by FoxyFlow(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
It was not me

grin grin grin grin

I say make I hail...
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by princesa(f): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Ms Spaqs:
Who moved Kayemjay's story to the FP,you should have allowed it garner more updates since he just started it,I hope When it's no longer on Fp and people are clamoring for it to be there you would oblige their request at that time

they make the rule and they break it. E tire person.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2013
princesa:

they make the rule and they break it. E tire person.
Go to your room and stay there. grin
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by 0393: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
My topic " LOVE IS NOT LIKE IN A MOVIE" was banned yesterday by an antispambot and the ban should have been lifted by 4: 20 pm today but it hasn't. I would appreciate it if the mods can look into this.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
0393: My topic " LOVE IS NOT LIKE IN A MOVIE" was banned yesterday by an antispambot and the ban should have been lifted by 4: 20 pm today but it hasn't. I would appreciate it if the mods can look into this.
Sorted. Please when next you are banned by the antispambot, send the mod a PM. Sorry for the inconvenience
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by DanWrites(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hi mods,
I want to know why my story didn't .make the front page despite several endorsement s from my readers.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Vivly(f): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mynd, I have a question for you. It's been bugging me. Please answer politely.
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
Vivly: Mynd, i have a question for you. It's been bugging me. Please answer politely.
ask away
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Vivly(f): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Concerning that thread you locked.
Is downloading of books for free illegal?
Why should I buy a book from Amazon when I can download it for free on other sites?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Vivly: Concerning that thread you locked.
Is downloading of books for free illegal?
Why should I buy a book from Amazon when I can download it for free on other sites?
Imagine you are a writer and you spend months putting a book together, you then issue it to amazon to sell and they will pay you royalties which is your profit and then another site puts such books up for free. It denies writers the money that should go to them ad is also illegal. This is contrary to Rule 9.

I hope I answered you
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Vivly(f): 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
In a way, Thanks. So, why then are those download sites still up since they are promoting and encouraging such?
And I know of some books which the authors permit these download sites to hold part (like series; let's say Book 1 & 2) maybe to help publicize it and then the readers will have to buy the final books if interested after downloading the first for free. You get my point?
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Mynd44: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Vivly: In a way, Thanks. So, why then are those download sites still up since they are promoting and encouraging such?
And I know of some books which the authors permit these download sites to hold part (like series; let's say Book 1 & 2) maybe to help publicize it and then the readers will have to buy the final books if interested after downloading the first for free. You get my point?
I get that some have persists but only a little percentage do that. Most are just pirates and this results in massive losses to writers . We can verify which is which hence we can't take the risk of promoting piracy
Re: Literature/Writing Complaints Thread by Vivly(f): 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Alright. Thanks. But you didn't answer my first question about why those sites are still up since they promote piracy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41)

Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Fierce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.