Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? (4676 Views)

Parents Or Intending Parents, You Must Read This / Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? / Is Marriage An Achievement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by AGgal(f): 1:46pm On May 06, 2013
I see it as a responsibility n also as an achievemen. Cos its no every parent dat can meet up wit dat responsibility. E no easy!
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by badoist(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2013
Each parent must aspire ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ dia children τ̅☺ be beta dan dem, Ƨ̲̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ I'll say its dia responsibility, even d poor ones wish dey can do beta. A Ǧ☺☺ϑ Education IS̶̲̥̅ d best inheritance Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can give τ̅☺ ur child. But notwitstanding, a parent should be proud of his/ her achievement cos its not easy especially when ur child makes Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ proud. If Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ aint a parent yet, Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ won't know wat Ȋ̝̊̅̄†̥ entails 2 sponsor ur ward τ̅☺ skul, guess d child can never pay back ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ dat, Ƨ̲̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ its a priviledge ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ child, if Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ don't bliv ♍Ƹ̴ jst tink of au much ur parent maust av invested I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊, try 2 add all ur schoolfees, pockect money, money τ̅☺ buy books, transport fare, feeding... Tis not easy 2 b a parent. On one side its dia responsibility on d oda side its an achievement of both parties, especially d child ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ not dissapointing aπϑ d father ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ not relenting.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by mysticgal(f): 1:57pm On May 06, 2013
too much engrish eg santictomy:-|
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by okechukwu2013: 2:04pm On May 06, 2013
If goverment has provided job for the parents, training of their children becomes their responsibility but in a country were unemployement rules and the only good schools are private school with top of the ceiling school fees, training a child then becomes an acheivement to the parents
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by okechukwu2013: 2:06pm On May 06, 2013
okechukwu2013: If goverment has provided job for the parents, training of their children becomes their responsibility but in a country were unemployement rules and the only good schools are private school with top of the ceiling school fees, training a child then becomes an acheivement to the parents

50 likes lol
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by newacca: 2:23pm On May 06, 2013
BOTH
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by mymz(f): 2:29pm On May 06, 2013
when a child undertakes paying his/her way through secondary school and the university that a father, who made the decision to bring them into this world should have undertaken, they'd feel robbed and a great injustice done to them.

It is the parents' responsibility as the decision to make you was theirs. From primary, secondary through to tertiary level education. From thereon, it becomes a matter of choice for the child as he/she is a full fledged adult who understands the ramifications of the world he/she lives in and can make his/her way through it and decide whether to go further or not. It no longer becomes an obligation to the parent from that point.

The very wealthy parents and those that appreciate the true worth of seeing their wards go the whole nine yards, go as far as masters level and even leave a trust fund for doctorate degrees if their wards feel so inclined.

The basics however, are their responsibility which in turn, becomes an achievement because it makes them proud seeing what they've become as a result of their investment. It's like building a house only for the entire community to admire that house so much so that it becomes like a landmark someday.

1 Like

Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:40pm On May 06, 2013
thatchic: God save us from backward mentality. It is the parents DUTY and OBLIGATION. If you don’t want to pay tuition don’t have kids, simple.
It is not the child’s privilege, it’s their BASIC RIGHT.
dude, being a father is dated way back simce school doesn't even exists, and parents has been performing their obligations as they deem fit!
School, is an investment. And if a parent decided to send his child to school, it becomes a responsibility to him to pay up d tuition.
The same way a father who sent a child on as an apprentice is investin in the child. His responsibility will now include providing the right tools needed.

And the term investment doesn't necessarily means to expect returns, but to save him from taking on more responsibility over the child. At least, a father who's child is already makin money on his own is savin the father a lotta cash!
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by VANENON(f): 2:58pm On May 06, 2013
BOTH.
Its an achievement and a responsibilty.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by NotNairalandi(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2013
If the boy/gilr is above 18years .it is not a responsibility but a very powerful achievement
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by sellydion: 4:44pm On May 06, 2013
both go together. Acceptance of responsibility well done lead to achievment
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 06, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Na u go start am. U ar at fault dude!!
Admit it n lets roll dis nice convo on.
Sadly, I don't tolerate bullshît. The Opening Post reeks of sanctimony. If people had commented before I did flagelating the "achieving" fathers, this thread would be fifteen pages thick condemning these men.
In a nutshell, @Chikk thinks these men have no reason to be elated, I think she's full of shît. Period!
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by chijike(m): 7:08pm On May 06, 2013
when you consider what it takes to educate a child via formal education beyond the first nine years (compulsory education by Nigerian law ) you will understand why parents consider education of their child/ward a big achievement.However it is the responsibility of parents to ensure that their child (wether through informal or formal education) becomes an effective member of the society.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by bamto(m): 7:21pm On May 06, 2013
I think it's a privileged right. It's like someone owing you some amount of money. You have a right to a refund, but what if the person doesn't have money or any tangible asset the court can sell off? It's more of a moral obligation. Some parents don't have, and they don't strive to send you to school. Some only pay school fees, and hardly care how you survive. The worst you can do is to ridicule them. No one can compel them to. Every child must acknowledge his parents for being true to their moral obligation. That's all.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by loswhite(m): 7:37pm On May 06, 2013
thatchic: God save us from backward mentality. It is the parents DUTY and OBLIGATION. If you don’t want to pay tuition don’t have kids, simple.
It is not the child’s privilege, it’s their BASIC RIGHT.
lol .... U go call police
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by chikk(f): 7:45pm On May 06, 2013
fresh_dude: Sadly, I don't tolerate bullshît. The Opening Post reeks of sanctimony. If people had commented before I did flagelating the "achieving" fathers, this thread would be fifteen pages thick condemning these men.
In a nutshell, @Chikk thinks these men have no reason to be elated, I think she's full of shît. Period!

You've so refused to respect yourself oga and refused to say what I did to you. I ask again; do I know you from somewhere? Say what you like, I have nothing to say to you. You've proven to everyone reading this thread that by standards, I'm way ahead of you. Keep ranting...
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by loswhite(m): 7:48pm On May 06, 2013
i.:
When Govt builds road, rehabilitate Schools or provide Water, is it an acheivement or their responsibility? It all depends on who is looking! To me, its the parents responsibility, but we all know how the economy is... So if they can seccuessfully train a kid then they can count it as an acheivement! Ps: it doesn't mean the Kid should turn to the Parents Retirement Plan.
Ps: In this day and age where Bsc no dey get Job, a parents responsibility stops at graduation from University, Masters Na Jara.
so don't they list d above u mentioned as their achievement during their reign in office and by the way hw do u rate their performance in office?
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by dasparrow: 7:53pm On May 06, 2013
jidegirl12: Like easterners will say to Father of a well educated Lady/gentleman; 'You do well my brother' grin

Parents also take a deep sigh ( after their kid graduate) and say to themselves ; We did it! grin

OP it's an achievement first lets face it......many Nigerians in the west go to higher institution on student loans , many international students drop out after year one cos their parents back home can't afford to go on anymore.

Therefore If a parent successfully sponsor a kid thru university level then it's the greatest achievement among his ( parent) peers.

Raising a kid till high school level (grd 12) is enough obligation.
So kids should be appreciative and stop running their mouth cos its not compulsory for those parents to sponsor them thru college/university. angry

A broke parent is not obliged to send his kids via Uni, they can only try. ( abi he should carry gun??)

@Bolded

No, he should get himself castrated or not get a woman pregnant if he cannot afford to send the kid or kids all the way to the university. Only today, a lawyer was saying on wazobia FM Brekete family that a parent can go to jail for not sending their kid/s to school. Sending one's child to school is a child's basic universal right according to the United Nations. Any adult who cannot care for and send their child to school should have no business becoming a parent.

I look forward to the day African adult children will begin to forsake their selfish African parents in old age for bringing them into a world of extreme hardship and poverty knowing fully well that they - the parents - barely had enough money to feed and take care of themselves talk more or less of taking care of and feeding extra mouths that come in the form of children.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by loswhite(m): 7:54pm On May 06, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Na u go start am. U ar at fault dude!!
Admit it n lets roll dis nice convo on.
is dis ur contribution to the thread? Jeez!who made u a judge ?
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by loswhite(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2013
Every_LadY: @op,I think most people has answered right.Depending on what angel you are looking at it from.It is both an achievement and a responsibility.Parents take pride in knowing that they did not fail in their responsibility to their children,so it becomes an achievement.
on point
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 06, 2013
chikk:

You've so refused to respect yourself oga and refused to say what I did to you. I ask again; do I know you from somewhere? Say what you like, I have nothing to say to you. You've proven to everyone reading this thread that by standards, I'm way ahead of you. Keep ranting...
Lol. One would expect that someone who has "high standards" to at least ignore some "rubbish", no need joining in roforofo tinz.
And, I admit you're ahead of me. Ehen, after that nko? Next is a Nobel prize for your aheadness? Ok, congrat
ulations.

PS: Sorry, I never meant to hurt you.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by loswhite(m): 7:56pm On May 06, 2013
DICKtator:
Angel?
grin grin grin grin
lol ... But u knw say na auto correct frm her fone
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by damiso(f): 9:42pm On May 06, 2013
I would say both.Dont bring kids into the world if you cant cater to their at least BASIC needs one of which is Education.And that does not stop at the classroom.Have the no of kids you can take care of properly and dont breed loads with the hope as i hear is the case in some homes that there will be ' probably' be at least 2 or 3 out of 8 that will take care of you in old age.

That said it is not an easy task to raise a well rounded and adjusted member of society so i think some kudos needs to be given to parents if that happens.
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by deasy(m): 11:29pm On May 06, 2013
I think what we should discuss here is (Parent Responsibilities) what is SCHOOLING?
what is EDUCATION?
(Parent Achievement)
What achievement will SCHOOLING bring?
What achievement will EDUCATION bring?
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by flyforall: 1:32am On May 07, 2013
I stand by the notion if you can't train a child don't bring him or her into this world to become a liability. Education shoud be a righ as food, shelter and clothing are necessities...indeed it isn't easy to train children and parents take pride to see their children graduate(what an achievement as school no easy)but every child should have the right to learn as knowledge is the only thing that can't be taken away.I just wish our govt will see the investment in education our children the future leaders of tomorrow
Re: Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? by carol1107: 11:31am On Oct 30, 2020
It is the parents who develop in the child the desire to comprehend new things and form his desire to learn. Many of us, when raising children, choose different ways to increase the motivation for learning. Each of these methods, depending on the style of upbringing, has different results, each of them has positive and negative sides, but, most importantly, it stimulates us parents to improve ourselves throughout our lives. I found great skill books for my kids. They became so independent with them, I am even sure that I will learn a lot from them smiley I ordered here, they have notebooks for all classes and preschool children. I hope you find it useful! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On How To Get Pre-paid Meters In Lagos / Some Women Don't Have Sense / Why Men Lose Interest In Their Wife After Some Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.