Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (9886 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by Ubenedictus(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
MyJoe: @BARRISTERS
I hope to read and comment on your post during the week.
Dear myjoe please end this thread and if u have a case against d JW bring it on another thread, one topic per thread thatway u position wont b misunderstood.
Peace.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
@ubenedictus

Are you begging someone not to exercise his right? common leave the tread the way it is abeg, i appreciate your concern,but its getting interesting this way,thanks!!
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: Dear myjoe please end this thread and if u have a case against d JW bring it on another thread, one topic per thread thatway u position wont b misunderstood.
Peace.
If my being misunderstood is what you are concerned about, opening a new thread will not solve it. Some people have elected to ascribe to me things I have not said at all just to rubbish a discussion they have nothing left to contribute to. Anyway, I did not open the thread and I’m not talking to myself, so asking me to end it is amiss. And, no, I don’t have a case against the JW. You may have noticed that I am responding to issues as they arise and I will continue to do so as I see fit. Try to relax and read the thread like everyone else. But if you choose to open a new thread to discuss any issue you believe deserves one, I will be reading the thread and may even contribute to it.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
BARRISTERS: @Myjoe
i still wonder why you quote bibles and think it will partly surport your appologetics only to leave you with plenty holes to fill,see below;
An “apologetics” is a piece of theological writing aimed at proving the truth of a religious body or its tenets. What does one make of your use of word the word, then? That I have been defending my religion on this thread? Or that you are using the word to pre-empt others from referring to your apologetics as apologetics? What does one make of your understanding of words, then, as you have carried on using them in this hit-or-miss manner all along?

Act as free men, in what areas and why?
verses 5-9 explained the transformation from the old law to faith in christ, while the old law required circumcision to be called among the 'sons of God' christ sacrifice has opened the door to
12,the gentiles who were formerly required to circumcise before now were declared to have freedom from the requirements of old law.

and that is still the same thing that paul was also emphasizing below in your quote;

Yes…

just as the isrealites of old celebrates 'new moon'and 'sabbath'etc....

1 Chronicles 23:31 1 Chronicles 23 1 Chronicles 23:30-32 and whenever burnt offerings were presented to the LORD[color=#000099] on Sabbaths and at New Moon festivals and at appointed feasts. They were to serve before the LORD regularly in the proper number and in the way prescribed for them.[/color]
I’m still waiting for the “holes”.

your bible quote below does not even support your point;

It does. I’m surprised you can’t see it.

you should have even given some thought into the directions given through paul earlier in the book of 1 corinthians 14:34-37

if you compare your statement with the other direction given through paul below;

1 Corinthians 14:34-37

34 [size=14pt]Let your[a] women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive[/size], as the law also says. [size=14pt]35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
[/size]

[b]now, has paul burdened down the church members,isn'nt it? or even deprived the women of their right?
or maybe paul has assumed the 'centre brain' for women knowing fully well that 'he will instruct them not to allow theirself to be judged or determined by leaders including paul himself, is that not how you understood it?

can you see parallels with paul's case below;
34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive[/size], as the law also says. [size=14pt]35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.

you would have asked same question from paul,questioning his authority,and accusing him of ''assuming the centre brain''brand.
not so?
Look, you have no point. The scripture text I quoted showed that Christians are not to be burdened by anyone’s dictates in personal matters. If I have to spell it out for you, the mention of eating, drinking, Sabbath and new moon are mere examples of the kinds of things we are talking about. The message is clear: Christians are to be free to choose in such personal matters as they are not under the old Law system. Paul was clear about this. Now you are asking me to remember that Paul legislated on the matter of women speaking in the church! Whatever happened to your understanding of the basic rules of interpretation. The way church services are ordered, and how Christians make their health decisions, are not in the same category, Barristers. “Only men should serve as elders” and “don’t take organ transplants”. Those two don’t sound alike, sir. One concerns the ordering of church services, while the other concerns a personal health decision on which the Bible is not clear.

Whatever I would have accused Paul of is of no moment here. Deal with the ones I have accused of control. I just showed you that even Paul did not legislate on personal health decisions. He forbad such oversabi. Thank you.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
@Myjoe,
Im not a mouth piece of jws,because i have explained my stand earlier,but i need to point some things out;
Why does the church’s leadership not allow Christians to decide for themselves in matters of medical treatment when the Bible is not clear on the matter? For example, blood transfusion, vaccines and organ transplant.
im revisiting this quote again to draw home some points.

It is a fact that that jws members did not make a complain about their leadership,neither do they complain of any leader or overseers robbing them on their decision-making in matters of medical treatment,and so your cry here as regards the unexisting issue of 'church’s leadership not allowing Christians to decide for themselves in matters of medical treatment' looks very empty and misleading,until you supply us a legitimate issue here,one that can be confirmed,and not the type that was unfounded which you related here earlier this way;(Your-friend's-classmate's-mother-back-in-the-day's)and attempt to shed more light on the matter proved abortive as you declined not to go into detail,only to have an afterthought on mentioning a name but in another encounter when you alledged to be 8 yrs old,to make up the story,while the first one concerning the woman was abandoned by you, so supply a legitimate issue that you can sustain here that the jws leadership was accused by a victim of not allowing him or her to decide in matters relating to blood.i will be glad to see that so that we can continue from there.but as it is now,nothing like that exist.

your above quote again above,is uncalled for the first place in its entirety,
and nothing appart from a seeming fabricated and a calculated attempt as you make it sound as if someone is being denied an advantange like the one that cause eve to commit the first sin,innorder to discredit the leadership of jehovahs witneses by unfounded allegations which do not even exist,or which the members do not even share or aware of, why do i say that;

1, you are the only one at least on this forum who in your own discretion, accuses the leadership of jws of 'not allowing Christians to decide for themselves in matters of medical treatment when the Bible is not clear on the matter' jumping several issues progresively such as;

(1)you did not even accept the fact that their leaders are even qualified to lead them in the first place,and maybe the members share the idea with you that they accept the direction of their leadership or not,

before

(2)proceeding on blood related matters,

and

(3)the issue that maybe the bible is clear or not

or

(4)what constitutes ones acceptance of the bible inspired instructions,and the fact that if Myjoe sees the Bible as a mere textbook filled with opinions or that should not be taken so seriously,or Myjoe's personal belief that the bible is filled with ambiguities, and based on that every other member of jws should accept Myjoe's eye opener at all cost,and that since there are alledged posibilities that makes the bible ambigous and as such the jw members should now go on to demand that the leadership should denounce belief from following bible counsels found in the bible due to an alledged ambiguity and follow Myjoe's own concept.

and its just laughable when you said that bible is not clear on the matter of Blood.instead of telling me that Myjoe is not clear,now myjoe in a desperate bid to create a case where there is none choose to speak for people who dont even share his own view and idea talkless of talking on their behalf(i will touch that briefly)

and after explaning to you and proving to you that the members of jws 'willingly studied and make reseach on their own,can choose to signify their intention to be a full member by baptism'or may choose not to,and that does not stop the person from participating in some aspect of the worship or being greeted as a brother/sister, and therefore if one choose to proceed for baptism,then he or she have accepted the leadership's direction from God,which is different from 'surrendering freedom to choose' as you further put it below;did i mention 'surrender?' but you have just help me to fill in the gap,making the sentence misleading;

that people willingly agree to surrender their freedom to choose in these matters, therefore, they can’t complain.

this proclamation above on your part after explanations now shows that there is the need to pay moore attention to how you understands,and your standards used in evaluating matters rather than feeding you with more and more facts.

let me put something forward here to prove you wrong,and pls dont think that i want you to be convinced,but because your standards used for understanding scriptural matters still need to be known first, then discussed and evaluated to form possibly common grounds with the bible standards, or maybe it may not even be outrightly neccesarily to try that dialogue .

But get these straight;

No member of jws is under coersion of anytype from their leadership not to accept blood, but a member choose on his own wheather to take a blood or accept an alternative blood boosting medications.

this is a decision that a member choose to consider when he/she weigh considering his/her full trust on the bible's inspired guidance on blood issue,here are some scripture that a member on his/her own considers first to make his/her decisions based on clear instructions which he or she belived, an instruction being agreed upon durind the first christian era;

In a conference occurred in 49 C.E., in which the apostles and older men of Jerusalem who served as a central body of elders for all Christians held a discussion. In this discussion, Jesus’ half brother James brought to the council’s attention certain essential things that he deemed important to include in their decisions, in particular, "to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood." (Acts 15:19-21)

He referred back to the writings of Moses, which reveal that even before the Law was given, God had disapproved of immoral sex relations, idolatry and the eating of blood, which would include eating the flesh of strangled animals containing blood.
There are two different issues that are sorted out;

1,Among the Christian gatherings were the jewish law teachers,[b]who still canvassed the need for non-jews known as gentiles to get circumcised as it used to be before under the law,so as to be to be reconcilled to the christian faith,and it was noted this way;
Acts 15:23-25;
23 They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,

To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings.

24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law” —to whom we gave no such commandment—

but

A formal declaration in verse 16-17 evidently showing that the gentiles or non-jews have been reconciled with God and circumcision's burden which they trouble the non-jews with is now unneccesary,this way (bold)

Acts 15:19 and
19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God,
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden
than these necessary things:

verse 15 above shows the extent of the burden,that is the circumcision, but were they given outright freedom?no, how we knew this can be read in later part of verse 28 '' than these necessary things''

pronouncing the content of verses 29 ' these necessary things':

29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[g] If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

looking at the greek meaning of abstain as used in the context will not mean the same thing with myjoe's own meaning;

ἀπέχομαι

apechomai

ap-ekh'-om-ahee

[size=14pt]to hold oneself {off}[/size] that {is} refrain: - abstain.

so,a true christian accept this as inspired direction from God throungh his servants/leaders.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
so after taking care of the burden of circumcision as the first issue in that meeting, what is termed 'These neccesarry things followed' which formed the second part of the conference that occurred in 49 C.E., in which the apostles and older men of Jerusalem who served as a central body of elders for all Christians held a discussion,so the 2nd issue;

2,And what are 'These neccesarry things' that followed; considering the greek word used in the new testament manuscripts,

ap-ekh'-om-ahee

to hold oneself {off}

emphasized the importance of drawing parallels with some issues among others here and the bible was clear on the matter;

29 that you abstain from[b] things offered to idols[/b], from blood, from things strangled, and from[b] sexual immorality[/b]. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

the same paul who you reffered to his writing that he was saying that one should act as 'free men' wrote aggain to the christian churches;
1 corinthians 5 9-13

9[b] I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.[/b] 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. [size=14pt]11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.[/size]

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. [size=14pt]Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”[/size]

paul instructs,not admonition here clearly that when someone violates these clear rules, he/she must dis-associated,keep out of 'company' of brethren as clearly seen here,

now,where is the bible not very clear here? for goodness sake! and where is freedom surrendered here?

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. [size=14pt]Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”[/size]
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
paul distinguished 'those that are outside' saying that the christians 'will need to get out of the world'(1 cor 5:10) which hereinafter means that 'a proffesed christian that is called a brother, is not in the same category in anywaywhatsover with those outside the christian faith whose judjement paul refers to God,but paul signify apportioning some measure of discipline to anyone who clearly violates what he wrote to the christians (1 cor 5:11).

the only thing that can make someone says that this is not clear to him can be traced to a 'distorted' understanding.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
@Myjoe,

Im touching this part again because you have rejected buiding logical common grounds earlier,when we both agree on bringing issue on one-by one to be meaningfull,but you only copy part of a discussion built to a level and want me to buy it, below are part of your reply, just to remind you,

myjoe's response...;Yes. It would take more than merely thinking like everyone else.

Your earlier response above confirms that you are not interested in logical building of a topic for discussion despite my plea for a meaningfull discussion that can also benefit others, and that assertion was echoed lately where someone who is not even a jw's (ubenedictus) observe and said this below;

(ubenedictus)....It seem d aim of this thread is to find fault, after looking critically, i dont think it is a thread worth reading. If d op really wants to point out something he should take one topic for one thread.
Peace

im pointing this earlier process out so that when i start adressing the issue the way it merits your suited well ways here,it should'nt be a surprise.
now back to your earlier claim,

I am saying that your church is denying Christians, many of whom are very sincere, their God-given freedom to think and choose for themselves, even in matters the Bible is not clear on which ought to be left to the individual. This freedom can be determined from reason.
in adressing this issue above again from this particular direction that you choose;
we should have build up the foundation of:
what constitutes jws as an orgaisation,
their leadership..Annoited or not,members who are called brothers/sisters,
then their beliefs and those that seemed to be unclear to you must have been built up in discussion between myself and you,and that can also serve as a reference without complicating matters,even for onlookers here.
but since you refuse that, and you choose to deliberately enter into the heart of the discussion,then i will only assume that you only read about jws,but could not have the patient to examine their ways before you form a conclusion, so;

in using the words in quote ''I am saying that your church is denying Christians, many of whom are very sincere''
your words in quote above shows that you recognise the members of the jws as 'sincere christians' including who they agree to be their leaders,
so lets see what will not be an issue to be recognised here;
a,Maybe jws leaders are worthy to give directions to its members or not,or maybe they are sincere in your opinion or not,
b,any relating discussion or notions not build up relating to this topic will not be an issue after admitting that the members are sincere.
but the issue here 'is to the extent that' that you need clarification is on alledge denial of ''freedom to think and choose for themselves, even in matters the Bible is not clear on which ought to be left to the individual. This freedom can be determined from reason''.

now the answer you neede here is that,i want to say here that the main or body of instruction that jehovahs witneses is upholding on this issue is solely based on what is found in the book of acts verse 15:17-29, already discused above, and that the burden of who prepare such imformation that directs someone to 'hold one self off' from the use of blood alongside idolatory and sexually immorality or of which if person who is called 'brother' or a member of true christians is found guilty,that the christian association should quit mixing in company with the person as a discipline(1 cor 5:9-13),the burden or onus of the body of who mandates the or responsible for instituting the instruction lies on the 1st century christian leaders and apostles while the jws leaders only act as what can be understood in legal terms as only' vendor of the first part' only in maintaining that the tenets and instructions were duly followed as time changes.

even in matters the Bible is not clear on which ought to be left to the individual.

when you said ''matters the Bible is not clear on which ought to be left to the individual'' i lter saw what could have caused you not to see it clearly in clear terms, it because of what you said here;'This freedom can be determined from reason''.

i have helped you to see why determining Such matters only from your own reason and understanding is faulty in the next paragraph.
but again i have to brief the point again to show you that it was stated clearly;

paul still reiterates and give direction on judgement on anyone found guilty called a brother, they should “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

paul distinguish judging of brothers as neccesary from people who still live immoral lives as ''people of the world that need to get out of the world''
he wrote that the christian leadership only have their judging business only with those inside the christian associasion.

is that clear now, so you can see that jws christian org. only guides members to follow and not force anybody here because every member reads and understands this[b] before willingly accepting to follow what is written inside their own bible,of which myjoe is making it to look as if the members have a secret oath, but we can see now that what you term as depriving of God giving freedom is due to what you termed as 'to determine from reason'[/b] of which members agreed to follow the same rules that govern the first century christians.read again for clarity before you starts to say 'acts as free men' or your earlier bible verse that you quoted but could not sustain,this one below has encapsulate that and it has also given an extent to its vaidity,[/b]read;

1 corinthians 5 12-13
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

This freedom can be determined from reason''.
it is very wrong of you to determine Such matters only from your own reason and understanding,read below;
Proverbs 3:5-6
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And [b]lean not on your own understanding;

Besides, does Watchtower admit this or are decisions slyly presented as the individual's?
Watchtower is not in anyway guity of anything here other than your misconception which i have treated above,except if you can be honest to appologise,but i dont even think they will need your apology.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
BARRISTERS: @Myjoe,
Im not a mouth piece of jws,because i have explained my stand earlier,but i need to point some things out;

im revisiting this quote again to draw home some points.

It is a fact that that jws members did not make a complain about their leadership,neither do they complain of any leader or overseers robbing them on their decision-making in matters of medical treatment,and so your cry here as regards the unexisting issue of 'church’s leadership not allowing Christians to decide for themselves in matters of medical treatment' looks very empty and misleading,until you supply us a legitimate issue here,one that can be confirmed,and not the type that was unfounded which you related here earlier this way;(Your-friend's-classmate's-mother-back-in-the-day's)and attempt to shed more light on the matter proved abortive as you declined not to go into detail,only to have an afterthought on mentioning a name but in another encounter when you alledged to be 8 yrsold,to make up the story,while the first one concerning the woman was abandoned by you,
There was no “attempt to shed more light on the matter”. Go read that portion again. You dismissed the story and I said, fine, let it rest, since my point stood well without it. The story was told as an example to illustrate a point. Yes, I refused to go into details about it.If you consider that a victory and want to gloat over it, have fun. But going into the story was not even necessary since the point that brought about the story has not been denied by you – the fact your church’s leadership decides for its members in matters, even where the Bible is not clear. And how can the issue we have been about suddenly become “unexisting”?

so supply a legitimate issue that you can sustain here that the jws leadership was accused by a victim of not allowing him or her to decide in matters relating to blood.i will be glad to see that so that we can continue from there.but as it is now,nothing like that exist.
You are being, as they say, clever by half. Please show me where I said Witnesses are complaining or how that became the issue here. Is “Deeper Life forbids its members from drinking alcohol” the same thing as saying that when a Deeper Lifer chooses to drink the church prevents him? The issue is that Watchtower decided on blood transfusion, vaccinations and organ transplants and all Witnesses were expected to comply. I have stories involving Witnesses and blood I can relate here to illustrate how the church responds when members accept blood, but I won’t bother.Of course, an adult Witness can choose to accept blood transfusion and the church or its agents will not physically prevent the transfusion from taking place like the police would do if it was a government law. That is not what I am saying, Barristers, and I have no doubt you know it. But what happens to the Witness who accepts blood transfusion? Will the church respect his decision as your post might suggest to the ignorant? No. He will be summoned before a panel of elders and told he has violated the law of God as stated in the Bible. He will be “disfellowshipped” and that will result in the loss of all his friends in the church and the chance to fellowship freely with a Christian group he may feel tremendous attachment to. This is what happens.

To reiterate, even though I am sure you got it already, I am sayingthat the Witness was not allowed to arrive at whether blood transfusion breaks God’s law or not through his personal study of the Bible or spiritual enlightenment.

The whole world knows that Witnesses do not accept blood transfusion. They know that this decision was taken centrally since ALL witnesses voice opposition to blood transfusion. The same way I learnt, even as a kid, that there is a policy on people with two wives who become Witnesses – something you have tried to present as a story made up to cover up for another. (I mentioned it to let you know how I first learnt of the policy on polygamous converts, a policy you have not denied exists, leaving one to wonder what your point really is. Let’s say, for the sake of argument, the story is made up. How does that help your argument? Are people allowed to get baptised while having two wives?) Older people may know that the JW once forbad vaccinations and organ transplants. So I don’t know what you are you on about asking me for cases of people who complained about not being allowed to take blood. Perhaps you want to read the woman’s story again and show where I said I was citing it because she complained to me or to anyone about the church’s leadership.

You want a legitimate issue I can sustain? Here is it: Why does the JW’s leadership decide for its members, even in matters on which the Bible is not clear like blood transfusion, vaccination and organ transplants?
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2012

your above quote again above,is uncalled for the first place in its entirety,
and nothing appart from a seeming fabricated and a calculated attempt as you make it sound as if someone is being denied an advantange like the one that cause eve to commit the first sin,innorder to discredit the leadership of jehovahswitneses by unfounded allegations which do not even exist,or which the members do not even share or aware of, why do i say that;

1, you are the only one at least on this forum who in your own discretion, accuses the leadership of jws of 'not allowing Christians to decide for themselves in matters of medical treatment when the Bible is not clear on the matter' jumping several issues progresively such as;
How many people do you want? Having company on this thread does not make you right. Anyway, I am not the only one saying anything. You and your comrades have not denied that the church hands down policy in these matters. In fact, you have admitted it and one of your comrades has boasted about it. Your point was that the Witnesses agreed to this way of doing things, having had things explained to them before baptism, not so?

(1)you did not even accept the fact that their leaders are even qualified to lead them in the first place,and maybe the members share the idea with you that they accept the direction of their leadership or not,
I’m not sure I have made the qualification of the JW leadership the substance of any argument here. I only recall differentiating them from Moses and the Bible prophets since they themselves make such distinction. I think the members generally accept the leadership – reason tells us they would not stick there if they didn’t, right? There is a lot to say about the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, how it got its authority, how it maintains absolute CONTROL, how the members are selected and a lot else, but I have not done anything in that direction in this thread. Unless you want to bring it up at this time, tick to the issues already raised.

before

(2)proceeding on blood related matters,

and

(3)the issue that maybe the bible is clear or not
I already explained how we know the Bible is not clear on a matter. I cited my experience with one of your house to house callers on the strangled meat matter. Now, we know the Bible is clear on that. On the other hand, we know the Bible is not clear on, say blood fraction, because the church has changed its doctrine countless times. In coming out with a policy and then reversing itself, and then reversing itself again, the church’s leadership is saying loudly that the Bible is not clear on the matter. In saying that the Bible is not clear on blood transfusion, or at least, blood fractions, I am only reiterating what they themselves have shouted from the rooftops.

When I say the Bible is not clear on a matter, I am not necessarily alleging ambiguities, as you have misunderstood it, but making a concession to the Witnesses and to those – the majority, actually – who hold the opposite view. Here is what I mean. The Bible, in my opinion, and those of many others, says nothing about blood transfusion being wrong. Yet, the Witness’ ruling council have elected to say the Bible says so. Since it does not mention transfusion but it does say something about “abstaining” from blood which the Witnesses interpret as forbidding blood transfusion, the position that perhaps the Bible is not clear on the matter - since there are different interpretations - is automatically a fair one for the unbiased enquirer to start from. To put it differently, if a non-Witness Christian comes to me and say, “Look, there is nothing unclear about this verse. It says nothing about blood transfusion.” I will agree, while conceding to you that it might not be. In cases such as vaccinations and blood fractions, the church’s leadership has long confirmed this position of non-clarity.

or

(4)what constitutes ones acceptance of the bible inspired instructions,and the fact that if Myjoe sees the Bible as a mere textbook filled with opinions or that should not be taken so seriously,orMyjoe's personal belief that the bible is filled with ambiguities, and based on that every other member of jws should accept Myjoe's eye opener at all cost,and that since there are alledgedposibilities that makes the bible ambigous and as such the jw members should now go on to demand that the leadership should denounce belief from following bible counsels found in the bible due to an alledged ambiguity and follow Myjoe's own concept.
You are trying hard to obfuscate what I have said and stagnate the discussion. I will not let you. At least, I will restate what I have said clearly and those reading us can make up their minds. I have shown you scriptures allowing Christians to be guided by the spirit, as Paul was guided by the Spirit in the understanding of matters. Christians are to be guided by the Bible. But where the Bible is not clear, they are to meditate and pray for guidance. Their individual understanding of the Bible based on their study, meditation, prayer and spiritual advancement, should guide them. Some people are more spiritually advanced than others and are bound to see things differently. How is that the same thing as saying that the Bible is filled with ambiguities and should not be taken seriously? I don’t recall using the word “ambiguity”, buthow in any case is ambiguity the same thing as saying something should not be taken seriously?Or that JWs should demand that their leadership stop following the Bible? What you have said is untrue. It is not true. It is false.

But what are you people afraid of in letting the individual Christian’s enlightenment guide him where the Bible is not clear? Seriously, what? Since the Governing Body says it is not “inspired”?Everyday you pray to God, what do you pray for, if not the ability to understand the Bible for your own guidance and the will of God for your Christian life? Even Watchtower makes preachments individual conscience, even though it does not allow it to work.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2012

andits just laughable when you said that bible is not clear on the matter of Blood.
You laughing? I take it you don’t play chess. Just wait, Mr Higgins.

instead of telling me that Myjoe is not clear,nowmyjoe in a desperate bid to create a case where there is none choose to speak for people who dont even share his own view and idea talkless of talking on their behalf(i will touch that briefly)

and after explaning to you and proving to you that the members of jws 'willingly studied and make reseach on their own,can choose to signify their intention to be a full member by baptism'or may choose not to,and that does not stop the person from participating in some aspect of the worship or being greeted as a brother/sister, and therefore if one choose to proceed for baptism,then he or she have accepted the leadership's direction from God,which is different from 'surrendering freedom to choose' as you further put it below;did i mention 'surrender?' but you have just help me to fill in the gap,making the sentence misleading;

this proclamation above on your part after explanations now shows that there is the need to pay moore attention to how you understands,and your standards used in evaluating matters rather than feeding you with more and more facts.
I think the word I used, “surrender”,was appropriate in capturing what you said. You don’t like it? Feel free to change it to: “that people willingly agree to let the church’s leadership hand down decisions in these matters, therefore, they can’t complain.”
It’s the same thing, Barristers, and I wasn’t trying to slur anyone when I used the word I did. And no, you didn’t “prove” anything to me. You merely repeated something I already knew and wasn’t disputing.

let me put something forward here to prove you wrong,andplsdont think that i want you to be convinced,but because your standards used for understanding scriptural matters still need to be known first, then discussed and evaluated to form possibly common grounds with the bible standards, or maybe it may not even be outrightlyneccesarily to try that dialogue .
What standards do you want? When the Bible clearly states that Christians should avoid things strangled, what standard is needed to understand that? That is how you people seek to mystify things when it suits you yet when you are preaching you present a “simple” message for the “honest-hearted”. When you knock on someone’s door to preach to them, what standard do you demand of them to understand “the meek shall possess the earth” that you read to them? Everything I have written here is commonsensical. I have shown you things in the Bible, read the way reason demands we read them. On this thread, there is no single place I have rejected a scripture on the basis that my opinion is superior .But you want me to produce a textbook standard as dictated to me by someone or a group I look forward to for spiritual guidance. You may look for a long time.

But get these straight;
Ok. . .

[b]No member of jws is under coersion of anytype from their leadership not to accept blood, but a member choose on his own wheather to take a blood or accept an alternative blood boosting medications.

this is a decision that a member choose to consider when he/she weigh considering his/her full trust on the bible's inspired guidance on blood issue,
It is not a fight, Barristers, so we may come to an understanding of the matters, yet. You may even prove me outright wrong about one or two things.Now, let’s get things really “straight” and if I am wrong, I have no problem accepting it. Please say.If a Witness accepts blood transfusion and this is known to the elders of his parish (called congregation), will there be consequences or not? I mean, will she be “disfellowshipped” and shunned or not?(I have already asserted that this is what happens.) If yes, you have told a direct lie. If no, I have some explaining to do and I need to update my information since that practice has existed.

here are [b]some scripture that a member on his/her own considers first to make his/her decisions

Is it the case the seven million or so Witnesses, or those of them who have faced a blood situation, individually read Acts 15 and came to the conclusion that blood transfusion is bad, without the church’s leadership having made the decision and handed it down? I don’t think that is what you are saying. You may recall that a collective decision was taken which was handed down by the leadership of the church. You may recall, too, that every Witness carries a special document, drafted by the church’s leadership, printed by the church’s printing press, which informs doctors and medics that in case he gets in an accident and is unconscious no blood is to be transfused unto him under any circumstances.

Now, Barristers, I want you to consider these statements. Imagine you are in Faculty of Humanities at Unilag, abi Maulag, and on entering the exam hall, this question jumps at you as number one:
Which does the JW church preach and say to its members officially?
A. “In the light of Acts 15, blood transfusion is wrong, scripturally prohibited for Christians.”
B. “In the light of Acts 15, each Christian should let his full trust on the bible's inspired guidanceguide him on whether to take blood transfusion or not.”
C. “In the light of the Bible’s guidance such as that found in Acts 15, each Christian should decide for himself in health matters, including blood transfusion.”

The two portions above are meant either to pin you down and stop you from escaping by manipulating words or prove me wrong and get my apology. So answer straight.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2012

based on clear instructions which he or she belived, an instruction being agreed upon durind the first christian era;

In a conference occurred in 49 C.E., in which the apostles and older men of Jerusalem who served as a central body of elders for all Christians held a discussion. In this discussion, Jesus’ half brother James brought to the council’s attention certain essential things that he deemed important to include in their decisions, in particular, "to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood." (Acts 15:19-21)

He referred back to the writings of Moses, which reveal that even before the Law was given, God had disapproved of immoral sex relations, idolatry and the eating of blood, which would include eating the flesh of strangled animals containing blood.
There are two different issues that are sorted out;

1,Among the Christian gatherings were the jewish law teachers,[b]who still canvassed the need for non-jews known as gentiles to get circumcised as it used to be before under the law,so as to be to be reconcilled to the christianfaith,and it was noted this way;
Acts 15:23-25;
23 They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,

To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings.

24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law” —to whom we gave no such commandment—

but

A formal declaration in verse 16-17 evidently showing that the gentiles or non-jews have been reconciled with God and circumcision's burden which they trouble the non-jews with is now unneccesary,this way (bold)

Acts 15:19 and
19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God,
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden
than these necessary things:

verse 15 above shows the extent of the burden,that is the circumcision, but were they given outright freedom?no, how we knew this can be read in later part of verse 28 '' than these necessary things''

pronouncing the content of verses 29 ' these necessary things':

29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[g] If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

looking at the greek meaning of abstain as used in the context will not mean the same thing with myjoe's own meaning;

ἀπέχομαι

apechomai

ap-ekh'-om-ahee

[size=14pt]to hold oneself {off}[/size] that {is} refrain: - abstain.

so,a true christian accept this as inspired direction from God throungh his servants/leaders.
[/quote]
Many Christians – spanning Catholics to evangelicals, African churches to Mennonites, do not agree with the explanation of Acts 15 as banning blood transfusion. The theologians and scholars I have read on the subject offer differing perspectives that make sense to me just as much as Watchtower’s may make to you. Now, I am not saying all this because I think the majority must be right, but just to remind you that there are differing views on that verse. But let’s say, for the sake of argument, that Watchtower is right – afterall the church has been consistent in maintaining that blood transfusion is wrong so the Bible may actually be clear to them on the matter. So let’s say that the Bible is clear on that one. Let us move to an area where things are clearly not clear, yet, the church goes ahead to legislate.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
BARRISTERS:
paul distinguished 'those that are outside' saying that the christians 'will need to get out of the world'(1 cor 5:10) which hereinafter means that 'a proffesedchristian that is called a brother, is not in the same category in anywaywhatsover with those outside the christian faith whose judjementpaul refers to God,butpaul signify apportioning some measure of discipline to anyone who clearly violates what he wrote to the christians (1 cor 5:11).

the only thing that can make someone says that this is not clear to him can be traced to a 'distorted' understanding.
It would appear the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society has a “distorted understanding”, then. In the following issues of The Watchtower and Awake magazines, the church’s leadership changed its understanding on the use of blood fractions five times in less than 10 years, demonstrating that the Bible is not clear on the matter.
Blood Fractions
* Not Allowed– aw56 09/08 p20
* Allowed– w58 09/15 p575
* Not Allowed– w61 09/15 p557
* Allowed– w61 11/01 p670
* Not Allowed– w63 02/15 p123-4
* Allowed– aw65 08/22 p18
The Awake of September 8, 1956, in banning blood fractions, attributed it to Scripture. Here: "Certain blood fractions, particularly albumin, also come under the Scriptural ban." – aw56 09/08 p20. See also w61 11/01 p669

Shortly afterwards, we all know the scripture said something else – the opposite. Is the Bible clear on this matter to you, Barristers?

@Myjoe,

Im touching this part again because you have rejected buiding logical common grounds earlier,when we both agree on bringing issue on one-by one to be meaningfull,but you only copy part of a discussion built to a level and want me to buy it, below are part of your reply, just to remind you,

Sorry, I’m not sure I am with you here. You asked a direct and directed question thus:
BARRISTERS:
before i proceed here, do you agree that it takes 'more than just mere thinking like others' to be involved in managing Gods people?
i dont need questions please, but give a yes or no, because, this is the area that actually defines the role of leadership of Gods people.
dont answer with questions pls.
And I responded thus:
MyJoe:
Yes. It would take more than merely thinking like everyone else.
Please explain what the problem is here.

Your earlier response above confirms that you are not interested in logical building of a topic for discussion despite my plea for a meaningfull discussion that can also benefit others, and that assertion was echoed lately where someone who is not even a jw's (ubenedictus) observe and said this below;

im pointing this earlier process out so that when i start adressing the issue the way it merits your suited well ways here,itshould'nt be a surprise.
If you have anything to say, I think you should get on with it. Imagining yourself preparing one of them cases, you chose the preliminary preliminaryobjection option – abandoning the main issue to “destroy” a story even while admitting the point I sought to make by it. You were within your bounds to do that, but if you then omitted to address the main issues properly, I am not responsible for that. Now it appears that points occur to you or, far more likely, you just found the JW publications dealing with the subject and you are here making excuses and saying that is how it suits me. But your excuses are not necessary since I am not in any contest trying to win medals and so won’t find any problem with any order you respond.Besides, I am not even making effort to convince anyone of the initial issue thehomer was punching about - that the Witness takes instructions from the centre even in personal matters the way people of other Christian groups don’t – you and the others already agreed to that.

What has Ubenedictus’ observation about the fact frosbel listed many issues at a go to do with this? But I understand why you love Ubenedictus’ post – Witnesses usually can’t take what they dish out.Of course, the thread was opened to find fault – it says so in the title and one would have expected anyone who doesn’t have a stomach for faultfinding to stay off it. Now, there is nothing wrong with finding fault as long as the faultfinder has the decency to retain his honesty and the highmindedness to maintain objectivity - even the Bible says there is a time for everything. JWs spend much of their waking lives finding faults and discrediting those it calls “false religion”. If memory serves me right, I saw a thread you opened in this section to find fault with churches.And what is wrong with taking to task a group that asserts that the rest of us are marching to the slaughter? But if it’s any consolation to anyone, I am not here to find faults. I only made a clarification and have fsubsequently responded to the issues as they arise.

I don’t agree that I have refused to follow issues logically. A lot of issues have since come up that I have deliberately skipped or glossed over. But certain matters can’t be treated in this way if the discussion is to benefit others. While I have brought in points that help to address the issue as I see fit – and will continue to do so - I have stayed focused on the point all along. However, if you think this discussion has not been as streamlined as much as you would have preferred it and you think I am responsible for this, bear with me and try to respond to the issue or issues the way you can. But I doubt you have been less guilty of anything you accuse me of.

now back to your earlier claim,

inadressing this issue above again from this particular direction that you choose;
we should have build up the foundation of:
what constitutes jws as an orgaisation,
their leadership..Annoited or not,members who are called brothers/sisters,
then their beliefs and those that seemed to be unclear to you must have been built up in discussion between myself and you,and that can also serve as a reference without complicating matters,even for onlookers here.
but since you refuse that, and you choose to deliberately enter into the heart of the discussion,then i will only assume that you only read about jws,but could not have the patient to examine their ways before you form a conclusion, so;
Again, an afterthought. You could have built your argument on these blocks as you want and I won’t have stopped you. I don’t see how they would have helped but it’s your call. If you expected me to ask you what constitutes the organisation or the “anointed” and the others you mentioned, sorry. I know what constitutes the “anointed”– remember I once asked you in passing if you know why the number of “anointed” now goes up every year instead of going down and how this is related to the great purge at Brooklyn in 1980.

And I know what constitutes the JW, the sources of its doctrines, and how the leadership manages to retain CONTROL and unquestioning loyalty. And it is my prerogative to respond to your posts in ways that best address the matter and get my point across. I have had the patient to examine the JW’s ways; whether you agree or not does not matter. What would is if you show a single factual error I have made.But maybe you will when you answer the specific questions I posed earlier today.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2012

Watchtower is not in anywayguity of anything here other than your misconception which i have treated above,except if you can be honest to appologise,but i dont even think they will need your apology.
Are you reading what you are writing? If so, please show me something to apologise for, for I can be honest enough to apologise. Watchtower decides for its followers in personal matters – that much you have admitted – with the explanation that the individual studied and freely agreed to this system before baptism. I then asked if the Watchtower admits that decisions on blood transfusion and vaccines are made centrally or if it tries to make it look like the individual’s own (like you yourself have done prompting me to raise the questions earlier), and you are asking me to apologise?

“Can be determined from reason” simply means that.I thought “reason”, as used there, was clear enough hence I saw no need to explain it. By reason, I mean that which the majority of people will find agreeable before any biases are introduced. For example, I was appealing to reason (which the known canons of interpretation just like most laws draw from) when I said you cannot pick a single sentence in a verse and call it “not literal” while taking the rest of the verse as literal. Reason tells us that taking what is not yours without permission is bad. Reason tells us that an elderly man producing a pocket knife from his pouch and slaughtering 42 kids for making fun of him is bad. It is because reason tells us that that Barristers will agree it is bad before any biases, for example, “it happened inside the Bible with a man called El. . .”, is introduced.

That is what I mean by reason – that which can be objectively determined by thinking people. By reason I do not mean “Myjoe’s reason and understanding” as you have misunderstood it. If I mean my own view I would refrain from the using the word “reason” and call it opinion. If I wrongly label my own opinion as reason you can point this out and show where the error is. Now, reason dictates to us that individuals are free to make their own decisions, especially where these are personal decisions bordering on health. I’m not sure I understand the other things you have written or appreciate the inferences that you have made.

I have explained what I mean by your people being deprived of their “God-given freedom” as stated in the Bible. You erred when you say that is due to “determine from reason” and I hope you can see that already. There is no misconception. Or is there? Okay, let’s treat what you call a misconception and then some other matters arising from your post:
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by MyJoe: 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2012

is that clear now, so you can see that jwschristian org. only guides members to follow and not force anybody here because every member reads and understands this before willingly accepting to follow what is written inside their own bible,of which myjoe is making it to look as if the members have a secret oath, but we can see now that what you term as depriving of God giving freedom is due to what you termed as 'to determine from reason' of which members agreed to follow the same rules that govern the first century christians.read again for clarity before you starts to say 'acts as free men' or your earlier bible verse that you quoted but could not sustain,this one below has encapsulate that and it has also given an extent to its vaidity,read;
You are deploying words here to serve a purpose. You are contradicting yourself. Or not being forthright – depending on how you mean these words. What do you mean by “only guides members to follow”? If they only give broad guidelines, why are there serious repercussions for default? Do you really believe these contradictions you are writing? You already agreed that the leadership of the church decides for the rank and file in these matters (with the explanation that members willingly agreed to this arrangement at baptism) why do you now make it sound as if members gather to discuss these things and reach a decision like the Athenian democrats? Might it be case, or am I misunderstanding you, that members once gathered in large auditorium, read the Bible and understood that blood fractions are bad, later met and read the Bible and understood that they are okay, and later met and ....?If you mean it like the Beroean Christians, is a Witness permitted to examine the scriptures for herself and dissent and remain in good standing with the church or is the examination only permitted to followed a pre-programmed path?

And –this takes us right back to the heart of the issue – is it really “what is written inside their own Bible” or what the leadership of the church says is currently written inside their own Bibles, since we know it may change before long? See, again, Awake of September 8, 1956, and Watchtower of November 1, 1961, p669.

I have said or implied nothing about an oath – I don’t know where you got that from. And I have not cited a scripture I did not sustain.Mentioned the scripture.But it seems you are still at a loss about the “freedom” verse.Let me break it down further. Paul said Christians are to be “free men”. At least, you saw the verse yourself. It’s inside the Bible. This does not mean that Christians are free to engage in immoral conduct – of course, Paul could not have meant that. What he was talking about then? It is something called “Christian freedom”. There is a book of that title. Christian freedom is a concept I believe will be completely alien to you, since the brand of Christianity you are defending here is all about “Don’t's.” “Don’t. . . blood transfusion”; “don’t . . . your aunty’s birthday or your boss’ son’s naming ceremony”; “don’t. . . religious literature, other than ours”; “don’t . . .your grandmother’s thanksgiving service;” “don’t. . . TV if they are showing boxing or wrestling”; “don’t. . . .” Christian freedom simply means what Paul said – that nobody dictates to you in these personal matters that your understanding of scripture and level of spiritual enlightenment ought to guide you on, especially if the Bible does not clearly forbid it. No, I am not “diverting” or derailing. I am explaining “act as free men” since you either don’t understand it or have not understood the application I sought to make of it.

Maybe you want to expound on “the same rules that govern the first century Christians”, using Bible references.I don’t think you are following any rule that governed first century Christians. You should certainly not be compared to them. If we were talking about the Bishop of Rome or any of the other popes who claim apostolic succession, I would ask that we examine the claim in the light of scripture. But for the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, that issue does not arise for examination since the body does not claim apostolic succession or divine inspiration. Its only claim to leading the true religion, the reason seven million people follow them as the mouthpiece of God and the guardians of the world’s sole fountain of truth, is because they study the Bible very much and, in their own opinion, they follow its tenets more than anyone else.

The first century Christians had the inspired apostles with them. Even then, I already reminded you that Paul was not the in habit of making constant reference to Jerusalem. He was led by the spirit for the most part. And he advised the Christians to do the same and not let anyone rule their Christian lives.The first century Christians had their Christian freedom to choose medical treatment, to eat what they liked, and to act in Rome as the Romans do, while being mindful of stumbling anyone and knowing their limits as people who were not of the world but followers of Christ.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by truthislight: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
@truthslight

[quote]@myjoe

1. the fact is that JW dont take blood or it main components.

To me, this is the blood itself also.
They are the main parts that makes up the blood. Eg, red blood, white blood.

But the extractions from platelet are different extractions and are not the main blood component this i think are different issues from the main blood parts.

So, when you bunch every every as fractions, it is not as clear as you put it "blood fractions", there are differences and parts extractions.

So, making an absolute statement that the JW dont take blood fractions is not entirely correct.

It depends on the parts of the fractions.
So it is a yes and a no.

2. On the issue of organ tramsplant the JW dont have an order for that just as the bible does not.

IT IS A MATTER OF INDIVIDUAL CONSCIENCES.

I believe that will put this issues to rest.
I had to confirm those to clear this issues up.[quote]

let me handle this pls, there is a pattern to handle matters, thanks.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by BARRISTERS: 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2012
@truthslight

Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by truthislight: 12:33am On Aug 25, 2012
BARRISTERS: @truthslight

fine
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by truthislight: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2012
D P
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by truthislight: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2012
truthislight: @myjoe

1. the fact is that JW dont take blood or it main components.

To me, this is the blood itself also.
They are the main parts that makes up the blood. Eg, red blood, white blood.

But the extractions from platelet are different extractions and are not the main blood component this i think are different issues from the main blood parts.

So, when you bunch every every as fractions, it is not as clear as you put it "blood fractions", there are differences and parts extractions.

So, making an absolute statement that the JW dont take blood fractions is not entirely correct.

It depends on the parts of the fractions.
So it is a yes and a no.

2. On the issue of organ tramsplant the JW dont have an order for that just as the bible does not.

IT IS A MATTER OF INDIVIDUAL CONSCIENCES.

I believe that will put this issues to rest.
I had to confirm those to clear this issues up.
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by grandstar(m): 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
frosbel: There are five important facts to remember about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Organization.

1. They have accepted the Organization as the Prophet of God.(You are twisting things here. Jesus Christ has a "faithful and discreet slave class which he has appointed has domestics, to give them their food at the proper time".

In the first century when they had the problem of the circumcision, they went to Jerusalem where the Governing Body resolved the issue(Acts 15). If the congregations rejected the directive from the governing council, would they not be rejecting the one that appointed them(Luke 10:16)

The head of the Congregation has appointed one mouthpiece. God is a God of peace and not disorder. This has prevented the kind of disorder so prevalent in many churches today where different kind of teachings prevail Its so bad that some pastors do not invite other pastors in their churches. This is not the will of God.(Mark 3:24)

2. They have accepted the Organization as God's sole channel for His truth.(Yes- Ephesians 4:5. There can only be one truth! Just one. Believe whatever you want but that is the truth (Matthew 7:13,14). Many false prophets nowadays reign presenting themselves as sheep meanwhile they turn out to be oppress

In our Kingdom halls the opposite happens. The elders who take the lead are not paid. They are called brothers(Matthew 23:8-13) There is not special seat for anyone.Nobody seeks prominence(Matthew 23:1-7) A monthly account is given on how monies received is spent. There are no ushers but rather a contribution box somewhere in the kingdom hall.(Matthew 6:3,I have never heard a brother say he can not come for meetings because he has no money!

Jesus told his opposers that even if they reject his teachings, they should accept the many witnesses borne about him Pls read John 5:31-41) Our teachings should not be the only way of knowing what we preach is the truth(1 Peter 2:12, 1 Peter 3:16). Even Saul was not converted through preaching. Jesus said that "by their fruits you shall know them". Pls find out more about our fruitage.

3. They believe that to reject the Organization is to reject God.(Read above)

4. They believe that only the Organization can interpret the Bible; as individuals they are unable to do so.(This is either is a twist or an exaggeration.

We do not believe in blind faith. We thoroughly reject it(Acts 17:11). That is why we always use the scripture like Appollos to prove what we preach(Acts 18:28). No Witness was ever brainwashed into becoming a beleiver (1 Timothy 3:14)

5. They believe the Watchtower Magazine contains God's truth, directed by Him, through the Organization.(Yes. But we have several publications, books and CDS. They are all bible aids.

What does the Organization and Watchtower Magazine teach that is in conflict with Orthodox Christianity?

1. That Jesus is a created being/a creature.(The bible in Collosians 1:15 says that Jesus is the "firstborn of all creation" and verse 16 said he helped to create all other things. That is why is he called the only begotten son of God has he was the only person made directly by Jehovah. All others things were made with him(Proverbs 18:22-18: 31)

2. That Jesus is actually Michael the Archangel (In Jude 9, it says that when Michael the Archangel had...", it conveys the impression that there is only one archangel and which means chief of angels. Then in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 it says that the "Lord will descend with an archangel voice and with God's trumpet".
3. That Jesus was not resurrected bodily, but as a spirit being.

4. That Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 (secretly to the Organization)(Wrong! When Jesus resurrected, He did not immediate get kingdom power(Psalms 110:1). It was only in 1914 he began ruling as king in heaven with tumultous consequences for mankind Revelations 12:7-12). This what the start of "the last days of these system of things"

5. That Jesus was only a man when on earth, not the Word Become flesh.(We believe the word became flesh. We simply do not accept that he is God (Isaiah 42:cool. He himself acknowledged he was not equal to God(John 8:32)

6. That the Holy Spirit is only an active force, not the person of God.Yes(Genesis 1:2, Isaiah 40:26)

7. That Hell is simply the grave. (Please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna and read)

What punishment did God give Adam- to dust you are and to dust you shall return (Genesis 3:19). Romans 6:23 says the wages sin pays is death. 2 Thessalonians 1:8,9 says they shall undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction.
2 Peter 2: 6 says by "reducing the city cities of Sodom and Gomorah to ashes, he set a pattern for ungodly persons of things to come! Revelations says evildoers will be thrown into the Lake of Fire which means "the Second Death". It stands for everlasting destruction.

What is death- Eccl 9:5,10 says the dead are conscious of nothing at all. This also ryhmes with Psalms 146:3-4.

The teaching about hell has its origins in false teachings when apostasy began and started twisting bible teachings( Acts 20:29,30, 1 Timothy 4:3-4, 2 Timothy 4: 1-5, 2 Peter 2 :1-3).

Also what has entrenched this false teaching is the mislantranslation of the scriptures from the original languages Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.

Below for example are 4 different interpretation of Matthew 10:28. See what the word translated Hell in Jewish bibles and go look up the word in wikipedia or simply search for it in Google.

I wish you the best!

New International Version

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell

Matthew 10:28 (Complete Jewish Bible)
“Do not fear those who kill the body but are powerless to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Gei-Hinnom.

Mattityahu 10:28 (Orthodox Jewish Bible)

And do not fear those who kill the basar (flesh), but are unable to kill the nefesh (soul); but rather fear the One who is able to destroy both basar and nefesh in Gehinnom.

Matthew 10:28 (Young's Literal Translation)
28 `And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna.

Please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna to have further knowledge about what Gehenna is

7. That Heaven's doors is open to only 144,000. Not all righteous people are going to Heaven(2 Peter 3:13, Revelations 21:3-4) Jehovah made this earth for humans. It is what the bible says (Psalms 115:16, Isaiah 45:18)

8. That the majority of Witnesses must remain on earth- Yes and not a bad idea either (1 Corinthians 2:10)

9. That salvation is found only through the Organization.(Already amswered)

10. That it must be maintained by energetic works for the Organization until the end when one may merit eternal life on a paradise earth. (You are twisting things here. Our work is for Jehovah God and to save people .(1 Corinthians 3:9, Ezekiel 33:1-6,1 Timothy 4:16,

The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe or teach some of the very basic tenets of Christian doctrine.

They deny:

1. The Omnipresence of God. (Can you please tell me in the bible where it says God is omnipresence? The word does not even exist in the bible! King Solomon called Heaven His "established place of dwelling"(1 Kings 8:49). Isaiah says God is dwelling above the surface of the earth. Isaiah 40:22).

Rather Jehovah God from a distance, yes from a distance (as a pentecostal sang) sees all that we do, whether good or bad (Psalms 11:4-5,Hebrews 4:13)

2. The Deity of Christ. (Jesus asked Peter 2 questions. First, "Who are men saying the Son of Man is'? and Peter gave a series of answers. Jesus now asked him "You, though, who do you say I am?" And Peter answered "You are the Christ the Son of the Living God." And Jesus said"Happy you are son of Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my father who is in the heavens did".(Matthew 16:13-17) From Peter's inspired answer we can conclude who the Christ was-Matthew 4:10,John 3:16, John 5:17,30,John 8:32, 1 Corinthians 11:3, 1 Corinthians 15:27,28)) .

3. The bodily resurrection of Christ. (I don't understand this)

4. The visible return of Christ. (I can not do justice to this piece here)

5. The Promise of Heaven to all believers.(Was Adam placed in Eden or in Heaven? Or is Eden in Heaven? Psalms 115:16 says that" As regards the Heavens, to Jehovah the Heavens belong, But the earth he has given to the sons of men. Isaiah says 45:18 says Jehovah did not create the earth simply for nothing but formed it to be inhabited. Is it not humans who will inhabit? The bible does not promise Heaven for all believers. It is not a scriptural belief.

Do you know what those who go to heaven will exactly do there? I will appreciate it if you can answer it here.

6. The necessity of the New Birth for all believers.( Only those going to heaven will have a new birth. 1 Peter 1: 3-4 says that those who have the new birth have their citizenship in the heavens. Since he has given the earth to the sons of men, most believers can therefore not be born again.)
Re: What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE by brocab: 9:38am On Dec 05, 2015
We need to understand people' the JW's bible isn't the same as the bible we read. Mainly because of some bright spark Charles Russell a 33 Rd Freemason discovered a new way to rewrite the bible. Russell started up a church calling himself a Jehovah witness, which he believed was the true church of Christ-this is what he is telling his followers anyway.
Russell wanted to change history, he couldn't accept the truth about Jesus, so he continualed to misquote scriptures from the bible, the Freemasons plans are to change the world, as we know it.
Russell and his colleges coursed confusion across the globe-and of course the spirit of Freemasonry led many of his new followers to believe.
Russell couldn't settle with only one master.
Matthew 6:24 "No-one can serve two masters, he will either hate the one or love the other.
SOMEONE TOLD ME IF YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK A GOOD YARN, PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE IT.
And sure enough millions did.
There are many scriptures taken out of context Acts 8:37 "I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. When thinking about this issue, why did they? When we all know Jesus Christ is Lord.
The JW's believe Jesus is the Arc angel Michael, who had become a man and later returned to God as a angel, the angel now sits in heaven on the right side of God, as Jesus.
There are to many scriptures the JW's have taking out from the bible, which of course' problems have risen with other believers, this is why, between us all, we find so many confused miss quotes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Ways To Abandon A Life Of Sin - Kikiotolu / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote / Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.