Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students (13646 Views)

Macedonian Government Scholarships For Foreign Students. / UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants / Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by cheddarking(m): 7:01am On Jul 09, 2012
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2012
Ronaldo200:

How would you claim I am not current? When I have just told you that my younger siblings have both just secure job and having visa processed?
You are trying to tell me that the big investment banks, Top 10-15 accountancy firms won't hire foreign graduates? My brother was short listed for 3 jobs with law firms and received one offer, I am not there but definitely the guy applied for graduate vacancies and the rules clearly state that any registered employed can hire any amount of foreign graduates that they want, so long as the job pay minimum £20,000.
Nothing in this is rocket science. There is a list on the government website that clearly states who you can work for and it contains thousand upon thousands of companies on that's list.
All one needs to do is, search for job and then make sure that this employer is on that approved list (here is that list) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/pbsregisterofsponsors

For my sister it was more difficult but she went through recruitment agency, but she already had many years work experience and a masters so that is helping her, and all jobs she has applied for we're approved employers on that list.
All I am saying is go out and look for job, PSW or now PSW. All PSW did was give you an extra time to search, but any serious-minded career focused person, even nder PSW, wouldn't have taken job for less than 20k per year so the only difference that PSW cancellation makes is that one has to be quick to start applying.

In which way am I not current?

pato405 has a point, getting a job after graduation as a foreign student is not as easy as you claimed, please tell us when those your brother and sister graduated.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by pato405(m): 7:53am On Jul 09, 2012
justwise:

pato405 has a point, getting a job after graduation as a foreign student is not as easy as you claimed, please tell us when those your brother and sister graduated.

my brother, help me talk to this guy, I'm just tired of arguing with him. I'll have to ignore him. Everyone knows that getting a job as a foreign student is NOT an easy task here in UK. He's making it sound like it's a piece of cake. most people who get jobs that pay them up to £20,000 get such jobs after MSc usually during the 2yr post study work. some expend the whole 2yr post study without getting it - then, they go back home or try another country.

now, the 2 yr post study work which usually gives them the grace to search for such jobs have been cancelled - meaning they must get such jobs while their Msc is on-going (first 12months) OR immediately after their Msc (the remaining 4months since they usually give 16months visa for a 1yr course). that is a herculean task. something that they find difficult doing in 40months (16 Msc + 24PSW) has now been reduced to 12/16 months (Msc only) to search for because PSW (24months) has been cancelled. this analysis is simple na. angry
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by justwise(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2012
pato405:

my brother, help me talk to this guy, I'm just tired of arguing with him. I'll have to ignore him. Everyone knows that getting a job as a foreign student is NOT an easy task here in UK. He's making it sound like it's a piece of cake. most people who get jobs that pay them up to £20,000 get such jobs after MSc usually during the 2yr post study work. some expend the whole 2yr post study without getting it - then, they go back home or try another country.

now, the 2 yr post study work which usually gives them the grace to search for such jobs have been cancelled - meaning they must get such jobs while their Msc is on-going (first 12months) OR immediately after their Msc (the remaining 4months since they usually give 16months visa for a 1yr course). that is a herculean task. something that they find difficult doing in 40months (16 Msc + 24PSW) has now been reduced to 12/16 months (Msc only) to search for because PSW (24months) has been cancelled. this analysis is simple na. angry

I totally understand what you are saying, its a bitter truth some people do not want to tell. Very very few foreign students will get graduate job with student visa while there are about 3million British citizens out of work.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Legalplayerz: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
That Ronaldo guy is lost in the past, this is 2012 mate. Things don change.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by buchibabe: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
Mr.Lu.Gold:

"justnotwise" i live in Abuja, Calabar and Lagos. Three places i'm prouder to say i live in than Camden or Central London or whatever metropolis in UK you live in that makes you feel you are more special than the dust i swept out of my office this morning. That's right! i said it Negro!!

I can see u have not even been to d airport bfor ,let alone travel out dats y ur talikng dis way if not u will understand what dis guy is saying.he's nt boastin about where he lives bt d ratio of asians living iin d named areas
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by Patsey: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ronaldo200:

How would you claim I am not current? When I have just told you that my younger siblings have both just secure job and having visa processed?
You are trying to tell me that the big investment banks, Top 10-15 accountancy firms won't hire foreign graduates? My brother was short listed for 3 jobs with law firms and received one offer, I am not there but definitely the guy applied for graduate vacancies and the rules clearly state that any registered employed can hire any amount of foreign graduates that they want, so long as the job pay minimum £20,000.
Nothing in this is rocket science. There is a list on the government website that clearly states who you can work for and it contains thousand upon thousands of companies on that's list.
All one needs to do is, search for job and then make sure that this employer is on that approved list (here is that list) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/pbsregisterofsponsors

For my sister it was more difficult but she went through recruitment agency, but she already had many years work experience and a masters so that is helping her, and all jobs she has applied for we're approved employers on that list.
All I am saying is go out and look for job, PSW or now PSW. All PSW did was give you an extra time to search, but any serious-minded career focused person, even nder PSW, wouldn't have taken job for less than 20k per year so the only difference that PSW cancellation makes is that one has to be quick to start applying.

In which way am I not current?

You come across as someone who is absolutely clueless about the current UK visa scenario. Apparently, you were relying on secondary sources of information. Also, except you were married to a British or an EU citizen, even at the time you were talking about (2006-07), it was not possible to obtain ILR and British Citizenship in 3 years. In 2007 WPs were issued for 5 years following which you apply for ILR. And, except you're married to a British, you had to wait another 1 year after the date of your ILR to get your British Citizenship.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by BUSHMAN1: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
whats with all this school here school there, psw,msc, all you have to do get the right conections go into metal export buisiness like me, and make millions after all its all about making money school or no school
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by dustydee: 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
pato405:

Ronaldo200 is right. It may not be as easy as it used to be but foreign students are getting permanent jobs. If you visit your schools career service they will tell you that the best time to start applying is september/october immediately you start your program. i didn't quite get that into my head. There are companies recruiting international students. You should not wait until after your graduaton. Employers keep telling us to apply as early as possible (I know what I am talking about cos I applied for a position late and several months after the assessment was told they had filled the spaces available but will contact me if they had an opening. Delliote said they stop recruiting international students by April so they can process visas for the ones they have (UKBA told them to do that) Go online and check Ernst and young, pwc,Deloitte websites, they are yet to fill their quotas for this year but can't take international students cos of the time it will take to process visas. I know of at least 2 Nigerians who have secured their offers and are waiting to round up their program to start work. The only thing is that the offer may be based on your result which you should have by september (not certificate but result from your school so they can show UKBA that you have studied in the UK for AT LEAST 6 months). The first thing I will advice any student seeking to stay is as soon as you resume, visit you careers service and let them go through your cv, then attend recruitment fairs and know what companies are looking for. If the companies visit your school try to attend cos they will give you tips on how to fill the application form and not be rejected. Also note that not all companies are willing to take non EU students( check Thales and BAE, they have been advertising for as long as I have known them and they are yet to fill their vacancies because they require UK citizens and in some cases EU- they are defense contractors). I am waiting for my offer letter soon. Another thing it will be difficult if you have no form of work experience ( polish you industrial training and NYSC experience and that should do).
NB:DO NOT WAIT TILL AFTER YOUR GRADUATION START SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER BEFORE YOU GRADUATE, THAT IS WHEN MOST BIG COMPANIES RECRUIT.
Re: UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students by dustydee: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
forgot to say that your school can also play a role. There are companies who will only recruit from certain schools-not necessarily the well known ones but good schools so you may want to check your departments ranking. DO NOT GO TO JUST ANY SCHOOL BECAUSE YOU WANT A DEGREE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travel Agent/consultant.(information Needed) / Bus From Lagos To Ibadan / First International Flight Set To Be Receved At Kaduna Airport This Morning.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.