Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? (1900 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife-to-be Does This... / When You Don't Like Your Spouse's Company/friends / Ladies, How Do You Like Your Men? Muscular, Lanky, Short, Tall: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 10, 2012
It is a general belief that husbands and wives will eventually resemble each other physically and even behaviorally a few years into their marriage.

I have seen a number of couples undergo this transformation lately.

For me, I find it totally disgusting. wtf! And I told it to my fiance's face, though in a mild tone. I don't think we'll ever resemble each other physically.

Behaviorally, yes!, physically no!!

What's your take?
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by captainbraide: 3:14am On Jul 10, 2012
IF THERE IS TRUE LOVE BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE,THEY MUST RESEMBLE THEMSELVES PHYSICALLY.IT IS WHAT I USUALLY USE TO KNOW IF THERE IS TRUE LOVE BETWEEN THE COUPLES.SO,BEGIN TO PRAY THAT YOUR WIFE SHOULD LOOK LIKE YOU

1 Like

Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 10, 2012
^^^
Wow! So you don't mind your wife resembling you physically? ok.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by captainbraide: 3:44am On Jul 10, 2012
YEA,I DON'T MIND.AFTERALL WE ARE ONE
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 10, 2012
^^^
Nice one o.
So your kids will resemble both daddy and mummy? grin grin grin
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2012
Y do i hv ds feeling u dnt like d way u look physicaly undecided
cos i dnt undastand y u dnt want ur wife 2 be like u
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2012
captainbraide: IF THERE IS TRUE LOVE BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE,THEY MUST RESEMBLE THEMSELVES PHYSICALLY.[b]IT IS WHAT I USUALLY USE TO KNOW IF THERE IS TRUE LOVE BETWEEN THE COUPLES.[/b]SO,BEGIN TO PRAY THAT YOUR WIFE SHOULD LOOK LIKE YOU
What a flawed assumption. . .

So, invariably, you mean to say that since i don't look like my wife and vice versa, there is no love between us?

You should be flogged publicly for this statement!
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Chidyhels

If I dare post my picture, you would toast me unconsciously. tongue
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Mynd44: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
Where do people get all these assumption and statistics sef? How can you say a husband will eventually resemble his wife if he loves her. What if he married two wives?
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Sijo01(f): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
sexkillz:
What a flawed assumption. . .

So, invariably, you mean to say that since i don't look like my wife and vice versa, there is no love between us?

You should be flogged publicly for this statement!

Nope, he should be ban.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Sijo01(f): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mynd_44: Where do people get all these assumption and statistics sef? How can you say a husband will eventually resemble his wife if he loves her. What if he married two wives?

hahahahahaha
he will end up having both faces
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by mspookie: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
seriously! ow long did it take u to consider startin dis 'resemble' thread
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Mynd44: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sijo01:

hahahahahaha
he will end up having both faces
That shows how silly and dumb this thread is
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ms pookie

I had been pondering over the possibility since the phenomenon started drawing attention and comments.
It is commonly said that daddy and mummy G.O resemble each other.
My pastor in one of his marriage sermons described it as a physical representation of the oneness a couple will eventually attain.

@Mynd
The thread isnt dumb!
A man having 2 wives or more has violated God's law on marriage and family.
Another set rules guides such aberration.
They are just not the same
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by mspookie: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
PStylish: @ms pookie

I had been pondering over the possibility since the phenomenon started drawing attention and comments.
It is commonly said that daddy and mummy G.O resemble each other.
My pastor in one of his marriage sermons described it as a physical representation of the oneness a couple will eventually attain.

it is a rhetorical question....pls get something better doing and close this thread. thank u!
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
ms pookie:

it is a rhetorical question....pls get something better doing and close this thread. thank u!

You are sad!!!
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by mspookie: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
PStylish:

You are sad!!!

If am sad, u are a sadist.
N:B-we all get sad at one point so its still cool if am sad about yr meaningless thread.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by xavier3(m): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
smiley
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by xavier3(m): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
My fiancee & i look alike. though i later saw d resemblance while dating her, cos she one day came visiting while i was ill & looked like a younger version of my mum that i almost ran away as i thought i was hallucinating. People countless times mistake her 4 my sis. I asked her why she looks like me & my mum. She simply said 'iv known for quite sometime that i look like u but uv been blind...praise d lord for u can now see'....laff wan kill me die dat day
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by xavier3(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
Face don finish for dis world sha
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
ms pookie:

If am sad, u are a sadist.
N:B-we all get sad at one point so its still cool if am sad about yr meaningless thread.
[quote author=ms pookie]

ehya.
Lesson time:
A sadist is NOT a sad person.
Rather, a sadist is one who delights in hurting people or delights in other people's pain and misfortune.

Thankfully, I'm none of the above.

You either contribute to the thread positively or leave!!!

Condemning will do you no emotional good.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
xavier3: My fiancee & i look alike. though i later saw d resemblance while dating her, cos she one day came visiting while i was ill & looked like a younger version of my mum that i almost ran away as i thought i was hallucinating. People countless times mistake her 4 my sis. I asked her why she looks like me & my mum. She simply said 'iv known for quite sometime that i look like u but uv been blind...praise d lord for u can now see'....laff wan kill me die dat day

lol.it seems ladies fancy the phenomenon.
My fiancee was shocked and disappointed when,against her expectation, I told I would never want us to resemble physically.
I was with her over the weekend and we discussed the possibility in a very light mood.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by mspookie: 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
[quote author=PStylish][/quote]

See dis wan wey wan teach me english...smh! U r a sadist.
Your thread causes me pain, and i have asked u to close d thread. cheesy

N:B-google works on my phone, olodo! He dey gimme dictionary meaning!
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 11, 2012
ms pookie:

See dis wan wey wan teach me english...smh! U r a sadist.
Your thread causes me pain, and i have asked u to close d thread. cheesy

N:B-google works on my phone, olodo! He dey gimme dictionary meaning!

May you continue to languish in the pain. grin grin grin

BTW, I hope you are not ... in disguise.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by strong60(m): 3:44am On Jul 11, 2012
hey boo why being mean to each other huh?
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by adminsupport(m): 4:57am On Jul 11, 2012
it usually happens, the man resembling the woman. Not once,not even twice. Sometimes I wonder if true love has to do with resemblance?
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by mspookie: 5:14am On Jul 11, 2012
cry

Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Mynd44: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2012
PStylish:

@Mynd
The thread isnt dumb!
A man having 2 wives or more has violated God's law on marriage and family.
Another set rules guides such aberration.
They are just not the same
Stupidity 1: where is it written that God said you must marry one wife? So you mean David, Solomon, Jacob and the rest sinned by marrying more than one wife?
Stupidity 2: Putting Adeboye and his wife as a case study is completely silly and dumb. So out out of over 6 billion people in the world, you only saw one example? My grandma does not look like my grandpa and they have been married longer than the Adeboyes
Stupidity 3: So before the advent of Christianity in this part of the world you mean those people did not follow God's plans?
Stupidity 4: the reason why they look alike is that people get so used to seeing them together that they imprint their faces in their memory not that they actually look alike.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by JojoArmani(m): 8:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Mynd_44: Where do people get all these assumption and statistics sef? How can you say a husband will eventually resemble his wife if he loves her. What if he married two wives?
hahhahahahahahhahahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa laff wan kill me.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2012
@Mynd

Dude. You are suffering from chronic depression and megalomania

Nairaland exists and is indeed a success because of people like you.

I can't imagine how folks like you will survive without a forum where you can vent and express your psychological disorders .

Seun deserves a GCON for saving you from imminent suicide and straight hell fire.

Meanwhile, thanks for keeping my thread alive.
Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by Mynd44: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
The Poster above me is insane, pay him/her no mind

1 Like

Re: Would You Like Your Wife To Resemble You? by richy5(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
leks toast

(1) (2)

Being Ditched: How do you react? / So Girls Can Be this Cruel? She Abandoned Me After All My Love For Her. / 50 Relationship Questions To Test Your Compatibility.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.