Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Nigerian Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Love (4689 Views)

Nigerian Love,determind By Phone Call, / How To Show Nigerian Love / American And Nigerian Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Love by vetty: 12:47am On Dec 04, 2007
How can a Puerto rRcan woman make things work out with a Nigerian man,?they are not romantic undecided
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 04, 2007
LOL. . . .oh lordy. . . cheesy
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 1:48am On Dec 04, 2007
I tell you how to make it work I am an irish lady married to a nigerian man for four years now. I say learn about his culture, don't get impregnated before marrige, ask of his families and hope they are all well, respect him, cook his food for him and hand it to him, make sure the place is very clean at all times, give him sex when he wants it, don't ask him lots of questions about his whereabouts, don't let him catch you looking in his phone, don't nag him, treat him like a king and you will have a marriage made in heaven. grin
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 04, 2007
vetty:

How can a Puerto rRcan woman make things work out with a Nigerian man,?they are not romantic undecided

and u think PR men are more romantic? cheesy Keep deceiving urself.

Leilah:

I tell you how to make it work I am an irish lady married to a nigerian man for four years now. I say learn about his culture, don't get impregnated before marrige, ask of his families and hope they are all well, respect him, cook his food for him and hand it to him, make sure the place is very clean at all times, give him sex when he wants it, don't ask him lots of questions about his whereabouts, don't let him catch you looking in his phone, don't nag him, treat him like a king and you will have a marriage made in heaven. grin

tell them abeg! You are the ideal wife! grin
Re: Nigerian Love by Dreloaded(f): 1:58am On Dec 04, 2007
ideal zombie.

stand at ease
fall in fall out
about turn
quick march
salute
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 1:58am On Dec 04, 2007
as for the romance, ehmmm can anyone help me out here.

my dear they are not known to be romantic (thats not to say he doesn't love you though) they are macho a bit like some south american men also. Therefore they are not 'soft' men like the white man who believe in candle lit dinners and caressing and hugging and kissing in public.  Nigerian men are raised to be very strong men unlike white men who will jump to the white womans beck and call. Thats not to say they are not good men. They have difficulty in being romantic (unless they really have to be) becasue being romantic might damage their strong male super ego.  They like to be the head of the family also and are raised to be the breadwinners of the family but plenty of nigeiran ladies work also nowawdays. If I were you I would not question him about the romance bit. Hope this is of some help.
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 04, 2007
D-reloaded:

ideal zombie.

fall in fall out
about turn
quick march
salute

grin grin grin as long as the man is happy.

Ride on Leilah! Help us educate our women.
Re: Nigerian Love by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:51am On Dec 04, 2007
davidylan:

grin grin grin as long as the man is happy.

Ride on Leilah! Help us educate our women.

indeed. i don't need an education where am turned into a robot. i can do anything for him, but he also has to do his part and why won't i know where my husband is going too. say wetin happen. angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Love by Gamine(f): 3:02am On Dec 04, 2007
as long as the man is happy.

Ride on Leilah! Help us educate our women

i c

whut do these guys want sef embarassed

if na robot u want, go get am

if na real woman u want, with that attitude u no go get am oooh
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 04, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

indeed. i don't need an education where am turned into a robot. i can do anything for him, but he also has to do his part and why won't i know where my husband is going too. say wetin happen. angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin

lol we dont need a robot to be honest . . . just a woman who understands us and doesnt put too much pressure on our fragile shoulders. A woman who trusts us to make the right choices and is willing to help us when we stumble, for we are not infallible afterall.
If all we wanted was a slave, we wont be taking so long to get married.

I hope Gamine is also satisfied. grin
Re: Nigerian Love by Gamine(f): 3:38am On Dec 04, 2007
lol

y is dat so hard to find undecided

smtimes i wish i cld share/multiply myself cheesy

seriously.
Re: Nigerian Love by scambater(m): 3:44am On Dec 04, 2007
@ leilah,

You must know a lot about Nigerian men, how many have you dated or even married ?
Re: Nigerian Love by uspry1(f): 3:45am On Dec 04, 2007
@vetty

If i was in your shoe making things work out with Nigerian man, then i would study my man understanding everything his characteristics, background, habits, culture, family, religious and likeness/dislike as well as teach him romantic/compassionate if he is the right compatible with only few flaws for me in order to be his ideal wife he wants!!!!

Read existing topic at below links very helpful:

7 Reasons Why Females Get Hurt In Relationship
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-94423.0.html

10 Insights You should take steps into serious relationship before you get marry her/him
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95533.0.html
Re: Nigerian Love by uspry1(f): 3:48am On Dec 04, 2007
scambater:

@ leilah,

You must know a lot about Nigerian men, how many have you dated or even married ?

Leilah has already married to Nigerian man for 4 years. Read above posting she replied.
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 3:54am On Dec 04, 2007
scambater the one I have married is the only one I have touched and will ever touch grin

its not rocket science! and as I have stated in some other posts I have a muslim background which made it even easier for me to figure it out (given that women also play subservient roles in that culture)
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 04, 2007
Gamine:

lol

y is that so hard to find undecided

smtimes i wish i cld share/multiply myself cheesy

seriously.

huh good question. . . its not everyone who fits the profile that you will be compatible with.
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 3:58am On Dec 04, 2007
In an ideal situation of course a man is gonna like to have a wife with all of those qualities i mentioned above. Thats not to say I have all of those and practice those!

I am a liberal person not a doormat. I am simply stating what a naija man, in my opinion might be happy with and that is only half of my list!
Re: Nigerian Love by scambater(m): 4:05am On Dec 04, 2007
Leilah:

In an ideal situation of course a man is going to like to have a wife with all of those qualities i mentioned above. Thats not to say I have all of those and practice those!

I am a liberal person not a doormat. I am simply stating what a naija man, in my opinion might be happy with and that is only half of my list!

Pleas don't stop at half, let it all out.
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 4:42am On Dec 04, 2007
You must have a religion and take all of your children to place of worship
keep em interested, dress up, stay slim, change your hairstyle, don't raise your voice higher than your husbands. Don't disrespect him by 'jeering' him in front of his friends, don't comment on the size of his manhood or belly or speak openly about sex,
Don't drink, don't smoke becuase he won't like that either. Don't challenge his decisions, goals, ambitions etc. Do not tell him 'no youre not going away on holidays without me' - let him go he knows were his matrimonal home is grin. Do not reiterate I AM YOUR WIFE your darling baby knows that. Do not ask him to change diapers. Do not ask him to wash dishes, esp in front of other men. Do NOT be domineering. Do not talk too much. make sure the hallway is clear for him when he enters home.

The list is absolutely endless!
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 04, 2007
na wa o
Do you have a list of dos and don'ts
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 4:51am On Dec 04, 2007
yes, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific with regard to the do's and dont's

Will get back to you on that i'm getting into bed now. nite
Re: Nigerian Love by Dreloaded(f): 4:57am On Dec 04, 2007
[ Do not ask him to change diapers. Do not ask him to wash dishes, esp in front of other men. Do NOT be domineering. Do not talk too much. make sure the hallway is clear for him when he enters home.
[quote][/quote]

My dad would spit and laugh at you.

I hope you're just being sarcastic and joking cos seriously you are scaring me. Im surprised Mr. Man unlocked your shackles and allowed you on the computer. Did you ask for his permission?
Re: Nigerian Love by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 4:59am On Dec 04, 2007
Leilah, you are so right there about Nigerian men. However, the things are changing slowly especially in Nigerian cities and abroad.
Re: Nigerian Love by Dreloaded(f): 5:00am On Dec 04, 2007
Leilah:

! and as I have stated in some other posts I have a muslim background which made it even easier for me to figure it out (given that women also play subservient roles in that culture)

Muslim background eh? I guess that explains it. I did feel like I was reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" when I read your posts. So you're a white woman who married an Igbo Muslim?
Re: Nigerian Love by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:03am On Dec 04, 2007
D-reloaded:

Muslim background eh? I guess that explains it. I did feel like I was reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" when I read your posts. So you're a white woman who married an Igbo Muslim?

lol. grin grin grin grin grin, am curious also, would like to know Leilah?
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 04, 2007
No she's a liberal Muslim woman who married an Igbo man with no religion.
I have read her say that somewhere else.
I know some Muslim on this forum who would have done anything to make you his second wife.
He'll soon make a comment.
Re: Nigerian Love by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 04, 2007
Leilah:

yes, perhaps I should have been a bit more specific with regard to the do's and don't's

Will get back to you on that i'm getting into bed now. night

abeg go and sleep.
His "abunna" awaits. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Love by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:08am On Dec 04, 2007
nwando:

No she's a liberal Muslim woman who married an Igbo man with no religion.
I have read her say that somewhere else.
I know some Muslim on this forum who would have done anything to make you his second wife.
He'll soon make a comment.

oh, that answers the question.
Re: Nigerian Love by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 5:11am On Dec 04, 2007
She does not appear to be a white woman, more like from middleeast.
Re: Nigerian Love by uspry1(f): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2007
@adick

Leilah already mentioned that she is a white Irish liberal muslim married to Nigerian man for 4 years.

Google somewhere for her depth of her marriage to Nigerian man on the Nairaland family section here. There is lot of her postings. I already read her marriage experiences in Nairaland family section.

However the poster is a Puerto Rico woman with a English-Spanish speaking in Spanish descent to seek for advices how to make things work with Nigerian guy, she never mentioned whether she is married or engaged or in love with?

Puerto Rico is a island near Carribean and Cuba on the Atlantic Ocean outside of the USA.
Re: Nigerian Love by Leilah(f): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2007
I am white I have a lot of make up on there in this picture I'll post another and I look irish it just depends anyway I was born in Ireland to an irish mother and a jordanian father who later seperated. Bottom line I am married to a igbo man.
Re: Nigerian Love by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2007
So I was kind of right about the middle east link.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats The Essence Of Been A Virgin? / There Needs To Be A Female Version Of Emusmith And Tosyne2much For Balance / 12 Things Guys Like In A Girl Besides Her Appearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.