Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States (15845 Views)

New Directive In Force On Posting Of Corpers / No Redeployment For Corpers Currently Serving In Troubled States Says DG NYSC / NYSC Redeploys Corps Members From Troubled States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by addey(m): 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji: You people don't get it, Nigeria is on the verge of becoming a failed state. If Corp members cannot be posted to any part of this country, then the government has failed. Now, I agree that people should not be posted to crisis-ridden states. However, instead of corp members and their families selfishly seeking to "escape" those states, we must ask the question, what about people living in these troubled states? Don't they deserve to live a normal life? Away from looking out for "our own." What pressure have we put on the Federal Government to secure these people's lives and property.

People like me say this every week on Nairaland and elsewhere, we get labelled "enemies of GEJ". You should put the same pressure and energy that you have put into protesting posting of corp members to troubled states into pushing the government to actively and efficiently protect the lives of all Nigerians irrespective of where they live.

Anything short of this is selfishness and hypocrisy and you should be ashamed of yourself on that account.

I don’t think you will be happy if you are posted to Borno State.

My sister almost lost her live in Bauch last year.

We all want to know more about our country but our live is more important
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by ebere1712: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
My friend send your children as sacrificial lambs to the weakest of men, and we might consider following suit. Senile old aboki. Southern representatives and Governors, take a stand!!!!!!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by kaykaybaba(m): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
This minister is a bastard for all these statements! angry Only in Nigeria will you get away with all the things this man said. What is our sin in Nigeria gaaan?? Why are we cursed with all these fools in government? WHY
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by boyendowed(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji: You people don't get it, Nigeria is on the verge of becoming a failed state. If Corp members cannot be posted to any part of this country, then the government has failed. Now, I agree that people should not be posted to crisis-ridden states. However, instead of corp members and their families selfishly seeking to "escape" those states, we must ask the question, what about people living in these troubled states? Don't they deserve to live a normal life? Away from looking out for "our own." What pressure have we put on the Federal Government to secure these people's lives and property.

People like me say this every week on Nairaland and elsewhere, we get labelled "enemies of GEJ". You should put the same pressure and energy that you have put into protesting posting of corp members to troubled states into pushing the government to actively and efficiently protect the lives of all Nigerians irrespective of where they live.

Anything short of this is selfishness and hypocrisy and you should be ashamed of yourself on that account.

I hope they will post one of your loved ones to one of those states.Very twisted logic.Your post makes no sense.You are the selfish one and the hypocrite
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Akanbiedu(m): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
The problem is government has not demonstrated neither the capacity not commitment to combat crime. Worse still, our commander-in-chief admitted OPENLY he couldn't visit Borno for security reasons. So it doesn't make sense for the same government to ask unarmed civilians to go to troubled states.

Ordinarily, the position of the minister is the position of the law, therefore the minister can not be faulted on this issue. It's government's unseriousness that is making it difficult to defend some of these things.

What if Nigeria was at war with another country and those corp members were asked, forcefully, to join the army?
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Iveanyi: 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=maclatunji]You people don't get it, Nigeria is on the verge of becoming a failed state. If Corp members cannot be posted to any part of this country, then the government has failed. Now, I agree that people should not be posted to crisis-ridden states. However, instead of corp members and their families selfishly seeking to "escape" those states, we must ask the question, what about people living in these troubled states? Don't they deserve to live a normal life? Away from looking out for "our own." What pressure have we put on the Federal Government to secure these people's lives and property.

Anything short of this is selfishness and hypocrisy and you should be ashamed of yourself on that account.[end quote]

God bless U Mr. Tunji. My sentiments exactly! We will get nowhere as a people by looking out for our own only. And that is what all this noise of NYSC posting and scrapping is about. There are bankers and other professionals who get posted to these states as well. Are they the ones suitable for death? While I was serving in the north myself, an indigene of the state I was in, who happened to be a Christian, lost all his property and almost his life in one of the riots.
Is he supposed to relocate himself and his extended family to my village? What of the students in Northern Universities? Is my friend in 5th year medicine in BUK to dropout and write JAMB to Unilag?
Let's fight the fire and not the smoke!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
His Majesty: If GEJ could not visit some of these states just for a day or two with all his security details, is it ordinary corp members with little or no security that would go and stay there for a year.

And you kept quiet when you knew that what he said is a disgrace "for obvious reasons". Why bring it up now?
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
boyendowed:

I hope they will post one of your loved ones to one of those states.Very twisted logic.Your post makes no sense.You are the selfish one and the hypocrite

The logic is sound and I have loved ones there.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Mystiquet: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
Is this Idiot suggesting that Nigeria is at war and young graduates should be the casualties? That's what you get when you sit a pig in high chair, dung and phlegm instead of words. Oh he's of the boko haram tribe. Apparently he's worse than pigs. The civil war is an unfortunate incident we should do our best to forget and not replicate turns out a pig never forgets too. This minister is far lower than savage beasts.

1 Like

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by kaykaybaba(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2012

Anything short of this is selfishness and hypocrisy and you should be ashamed of yourself on that account

Iveanyi: God bless U Mr. Tunji. My sentiments exactly! We will get nowhere as a people by looking out for our own only. And that is what all this noise of NYSC posting and scrapping is about. There are bankers and other professionals who get posted to these states as well. Are they the ones suitable for death? While I was serving in the north myself, an indigene of the state I was in, who happened to be a Christian, lost all his property and almost his life in one of the riots.
Is he supposed to relocate himself and his extended family to my village? What of the students in Northern Universities? Is my friend in 5th year medicine in BUK to dropout and write JAMB to Unilag?
Let's fight the fire and not the smoke!

I just hope the two of you realize the inherent faulty logic in your posts. Youth corpers don't have any other choice, don't you get it? No Bank or 'other professionals' will just post workers to those areas, trust me. They're not irresponsible like this Nigerian government.
The fact that that region is in crisis and the government has CHOSEN to be slow to act should tell you that corpers go there at great risk to their lives. And the minister calls this a sacrifice to the nation shocked shocked
In fact I can't believe the two of you are even trying to rationalize this ministers statements. angry

3 Likes

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by foluks24(f): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
was d essence of loosing your dear life while serving this nation filled wt heartless leaders and unsecured future for the youths.this minister must be insane or probably dumb to the security isues in this nation.he probably just woke up from d grave wen he said dis.cant count aw mant corpers av lost deir lives while servin dis half dead nation. angry
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=Iveanyi][/quote]

I like the part of fighting the fire and not the smoke. A very apt proverb full of wisdom, all we have been doing is fighting the smoke not the fire.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by boyendowed(m): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

The logic is sound and I have loved ones there.

Boko haram is killing Christians and the last time I checked,you are not a Christian.So I don't expect you to understand.So to me,your logic is still twisted

1 Like

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
kaykaybaba:

I just hope the two of you realize the inherent lack of sense in your posts. Youth corpers don't have any other choice, don't you get it? No Bank or 'other professionals' will just post workers to those areas, trust me. They're not irresponsible like this Nigerian government.
The fact that that region is in crisis and the government has CHOSEN to be slow to act should tell you that corpers go there at great risk to their lives. And the minister calls this a sacrifice to the nation shocked shocked
In fact I can't believe the two of you are even trying to rationalize this ministers statements. angry

For the record, I do not support the Minister's comments. I am only asking: why is it on this topic that all of you are flexing your e-Muscles on what is going on in the North? You even know that you can ask the government questions but on other topics, it becomes "what can GEJ do?" "Why are you blaming GEJ?"

Can you connect the dots and see the full picture?
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Tee197: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2012

u are such a big FOOL......wat has d so called nigeria offer u d way u ar
come out of u stupid thots and b real.......... U don deserve to be a normal person
crap......mtsweeeew
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by CheetahOgologo: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
Does it therefore mean that youths of Nigeria should be sent to their early graves while the OLD THOUGHTLESS people live on? It is a crime and thouroughly evil for a father to bury his children. Any man that insists that youths should be sent to troubled states to serve shall not escape the sword of the Boko Haram. What you wish those youths is what you and your entire generation/decendants shall suffer. shocked
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2012
boyendowed:

Boko haram is killing Christians and the last time I checked,you are not a Christian.So I don't expect you to understand.So to me,your logic is still twisted

Awwwwww, your ignorance is so cute.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
Tee197:

u are such a big FOOL......wat has d so called nigeria offer u d way u ar
come out of u stupid thots and b real.......... U don deserve to be a normal person
crap......mtsweeeew

I am actually not normal, so tell me something new.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by jt2010: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

On the contrary, you lack the capacity to put my post in proper context. I have already said I don't support posting of Corp members in those volatile states. However, what you people fail to realise is that Nigeria is not all that big in terms of geography. What you think is far in all of those northern states is quite close to your doorstep. Hence, if it is self-preservation that you seek, you need to stop complaining or asking the government tough questions only when you or yours are posted to troubled states but at all times when it fails to act right especially on security in any part of Nigeria.

Then again, if all the people or the majority of people in those states left of their own "volition", what effect would that have on you, your food supply, security and standard of living?

Even if Nigeria were to break up, do you think your region would be exclusively populated by your tribe? There would be millions of people from other tribes with resources and yes weapons to bring the battle to your door step as illegal aliens. Your new country will not be able to build an effective army immediately but will have enough militants with heavy weapons bougth from around the world to make it a living hell.

In addition the two or more new countries would fight over assets and border demarcation, it won't be pretty.

You see the issues are not as simple as you seek to make them. Nigeria will sink deeper if most of its people continue to think like you and the next thing you will be looking for is a foreign country to run to. Do you think they will welcome you when you have messed-up yours?

Op, Simple and straight, you are speaking from the two side of your mouth!!! Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by OCHULORC(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
Nonsence and senseless talk.Good for nonthing leaders. why not recommend that the constitution be recommended as soon as possible if you must say something reasonable. THUNDER FIRE YOU WHEREVER YOU ARE. IDIOT
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by OCHULORC(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
Nonsence and senseless talk.Good for nonthing leaders. why not recommend that the constitution be AMENDED as soon as possible if you must say something reasonable. THUNDER FIRE YOU WHEREVER YOU ARE.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by boyendowed(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

Awwwwww, your ignorance is so cute.

I forgot I was arguing with a fanatic.What a waste of time.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by kaykaybaba(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

For the record, I do not support the Minister's comments. I am only asking: why is it on this topic that all of you are flexing your e-Muscles on what is going on in the North? You even know that you can ask the government questions but on other topics, it becomes "what can GEJ do?" "Why are you blaming GEJ?"

Can you connect the dots and see the full picture?

I get what you mean *kind of*, but I hope you realize that every issue is addressed nearly everyday and not just this one? I hope you also realize that some issues will cause more outrage than others? I like some of the things you said, but the logic is faulty. They sound good only in theory. It makes absolutely no sense to draft civilians into a terrorist-like situation! No sane government will do that. None
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Biafrarep(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
Dis is crass insensitivity of monumental proportions, what a bysma-dysmal rant of a psychotic sadist. Mr minister, may u and ur family b a victim of BH conflagration, so dat u guys would b immortalised in order 2 maintain d unity of dis geographic entity!

1 Like

Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Baawaa(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
Well-done,98.8% of those who comment on this topic condemned the speech of the minister,whereas we don't put into consideration that this could be the outcome of the meeting he had with the president.GEJ,will be the one that told them that NYSC was established by law,and it cannot be tampered for now because changing it now will have negative effect on his record.So,we should not see the minister alone as the one who want to sacrifice youth corpers.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maxwell837: 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
Insensitive government...that have confrontational might on the electorates rather than on catastrophic issues facing nigeria.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by boyendowed(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
Baawaa: Well-done,98.8% of those who comment on this topic condemned the speech of the minister,whereas we don't put into consideration that this could be the outcome of the meeting he had with the president.GEJ,will be the one that told them that NYSC was established by law,and it cannot be tampered for now because changing it now will have negative effect on his record.So,we should not see the minister alone as the one who want to sacrifice youth corpers.

I agree with you.Like I said in my first post,people should blame Jonathan and not the minister.He couldn't have said that without Jonathan's endorsement
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by OCHULORC(m): 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
Biafra rep: Dis is crass insensitivity of monumental proportions, what a bysma-dysmal rant of a psychotic sadist. Mr minister, may u and ur family b a victim of BH conflagration, so dat u guys would b immortalised in order 2 maintain d unity of dis geographic entity!
LWKMFAD
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by uncleb(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
Please can someone help me out how to create an opinion pool?

I consider this man to the the most foolish and wicked fellow of our generation, i want to know how many people share my sentiment so we can recommend jona to bestow an award on him for his idiocy and get a better person for his office.

Minister of youth affairs indeed!! Am sure his own family is abroad living large at our expense, and after graduation, if they come to Nigeria to serve they will be in Abuja or Lagos.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by Baawaa(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
boyendowed:

I agree with you.Like I said in my first post,people should blame Jonathan and not the minister.He couldn't have said that without Jonathan's endorsement
Exactly!!
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by maclatunji: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
kaykaybaba:

I get what you mean *kind of*, but I hope you realize that every issue is addressed nearly everyday and not just this one? I hope you also realize that some issues will cause more outrage than others? I like some of the things you said, but the logic is faulty. They sound good only in theory. It makes absolutely no sense to draft civilians into a terrorist-like situation! No sane government will do that. None

I haven't said corp members should be posted to those states. However, I want to know why the FG is failing in its primary duty of protecting lives and properties in those states and I don't want people to start being hypocrites again when we ask the tough questions.
Re: FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States by kaykaybaba(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

I haven't said corp members should be posted to those states. However, I want to know why the FG is failing in its primary duty of protecting lives and properties in those states and I don't want people to start being hypocrites again when we ask the tough questions.

The questions are no longer mutually exclusive at this point. They all have to be addressed as one. But that statement by the minister is unforgivable. Its the height of insensitivity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unemployment: How To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC / 2014 Batch C Corpers Posted To Adamawa Let Meet Here / Jewel Of The Savannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.