Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Can I Make It With, B.eng In Civil Engr - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can I Make It With, B.eng In Civil Engr (1431 Views)

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / FG Sacks Top Civil Servants Over Employment Racketeering — Minister / Help: DSS Aspirant With 3rd Class Civil Engr Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make It With, B.eng In Civil Engr by Willy411: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
What is my chance of making it, with bachelor of civil engineering, i really want to know.
Re: Can I Make It With, B.eng In Civil Engr by Insanity(m): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
That's not a good question to ask. You can be successful in whatever you do if you are hard working, zealous etc., doesn't matter which degree you got in school.
As a civil Engineer, you have to decide which career path you want. Can you design with the latest softwares; AutoCaD, SACs, STAADpro, PDMS etc. A Civil Engineer has options of industries to venture into, you can decide to be on youя own, a freelancer, design reinforced concrete structures, steel structures with youя AutoCAD for clients and get paid. If you want to be in the petroleum industry, you need SACs, STAADpro, PDMS, HYSYS etc all these are design softwares that most of the companies use for oil and gas designs, plant design,offshore platforms.
Which specialization in Civil Engineering did you major in? Geotechnical, Structural, Transport,Enviromental resources or water resources? Decide on which one you have a passion for and very strong in, start now to know about the industry its very relevant to, because that's how you know the skills you need to acquire.
i hope that was helpful to the question you asked? Am a Civil Engineer like you, just finished my service year and am loving the petroleum industry. Right now, i am onto skill acquisition, i want to learn PDMS, P&id pipeline process design, if am lucky enough, SACs and STAADpro.All these softwares are quite costly to learn but there are some low priced online design training you can subscribe to,i know of some that are ok. Nigerian schools don't train you on these, you have to be determined enough to know what you want and go for it. Gear up bro, the journey just started.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It With, B.eng In Civil Engr by Donetyno: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2012
@insanity, pls can Ʊ name some of †ђξ low priced online training Ʊ know?...thanks, waitin 4 Ʊr reply
Re: Can I Make It With, B.eng In Civil Engr by Insanity(m): 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
Structuralsolutions have online oil and gas platform design, pile design, tall building design, HSE, project management and some others...google them...you'll get more info from there.
Goodluck

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? / Prospects For Material Science Engineers In Nigeria! / Veterinary Doctors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.