Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! (10170 Views)

Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) / Our Male Bosses Punish Us For Refusing Their Sexual Advances: Policewomen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
I have met a number θf emotionally abusive people especially in the work place. These people are highly insecure people who derive pleasure in putting others down, criticizing at every minimal opportunity and are generally known as control freaks.

It is indeed a terrible situation if you work for someone with all θf these character defects because your efforts will never be good enough! I once did and had to flee even when I was offered my job back after a month, I fled farther! Reason? Such people are highly contagious and you wouldn't know how much damage they have done to your self esteem until they are done with you and you have become just like them!

Have you had similar experiences? Maybe not just bosses but colleagues, please share.

6 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Pacify: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2012
I've got this horrible boss that matches all the descriptions you put up. It's really that bad and I'm tryin to make a way out of this horrendous situation. I'm only taking his over-bearing insults cos there are very few jobs out there but once I get myself something else, I will be out for good. I'm really tired and it's something he does on almost a daily basis. he can sometimes be generous but his generosity cannot be compared to the badges of insults we get on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pacify: I've got this horrible boss that matches all the descriptions you put up. It's really that bad and I'm tryin to make a way out of this horrendous situation. I'm only taking his over-bearing insults cos there are very few jobs out there but once I get myself something else, I will be out for good. I'm really tired and it's something he does on almost a daily basis. he can sometimes be generous but his generosity cannot be compared to the badges of insults we get on daily basis.

I totally understand your plight! Please be very careful not to be like the sponge, soaking in every vile word hurled at you. While you are still there, always be on the look out for other opportunities and do not hesitate to take off once you get the chance! Even the bible warns us about been closely associated with ill tempered people lest we become like them! People like that will rip off your esteem and turn you into a pitiful being with no sense θf worth without your knowing. So please guard your heart.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Pacify: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Thanks for your advice. Really appreciated
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Pacify: Thanks for your advice. Really appreciated

Oh for nothing! Its what I do, for free if you like.

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by kaiter: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
I'm really tired and it's something he does on almost a daily basis. he can sometimes be generous but his generosity cannot be compared to the badges of insults we get on daily basis.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by olatomiwa(f): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
Go to Firstnation Airways, formerly Bellview Airlines and view emotional abuse at its worst! From Directors to Office assistants, we are all door mats to Kayode Odukoya. Msheeeew
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Joey82(m): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
i think at least 90% of bosses are abusive.
U may fly from one job to the other and just find out ur new boss is even worst.
Only solution; try to be ur own boss.

4 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Peaches90(f): 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
I once worked @ a company in Surulere, I've never met a more horrible person than the 'CEO'---Adebo.

He comes to the office and use swear words on his employees- words like 'In ur f**king family', Can u f**king tell me what you've been trying to do E.t.C and to think that he insults u without paying u!(He still owes me 450k till date...though he claimed it wasnt as much as that.

He has a way of bringing down ur morale anytym he wants. He keeps saying that there are over 5 million unemployed grads on d street- cant remember his exact figure now. He's had well over 20 people, if not more, sacked in less thatn 24 months. He's also in d habit of requesting for corpers and would ask them to leave before the end of their service year! He's had issues with virtually all d corpers posted to his office and i wonder why they keep giving him corpers. This guy told about 6 of us to go, that he wanted to shut down his company cos he wasnt making money (and he told sum other people that we had the guts to ask him for our outstanding salaries, that he was goin to see how we would get other jobs and ask to be paid, when He locks up!)...
Well, i got another job almost 1 week later- a verrry good one at that and almost sued him for not paying my salaries buh decided against it cos he is TROUBLE and i dont want to descend to his level cos he has soo many court cases, that his name is well known in the court in his vicinity.
He's always in one scandal or the other
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by inspirenet: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
olatomiwa: Go to Firstnation Airways, formerly Bellview Airlines and view emotional abuse at its worst! From Directors to Office assistants, we are all door mats to Kayode Odukoya. Msheeeew

smiley
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by naiko: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2012
wow, at firstnation heard arik was even better in attitude compare to them,i just tire for all this 9ja companies ooo
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Coefficient(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2012
I cannot but agree that this thread and the cases cited herein aptly describes what is going on in my workplace at the moment. I have set an exit date for myself anyway.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by ayojango(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
When I was in d bank my boss uses words like R u mad,u fool,no brains,daft and I waited for a day I would strike him

The height was one evening when I took a file to him for analysis he poured water from a cup on my face cos he had a female guest.

Nothin like walking away ohhh!! I slapped him straight he culdnt react cos he knows iv got a belt in karate and i was ready to break his bones. HR got me transferred to another branch.

18 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by boyendowed(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
Sometimes I wonder why some bosses are so horrible.This life is unpredictable and that person you are emotionally abusing can become your boss tomorrow.The best way to handle those people is to always maintain your composure and your confidence.Don't give him/her the satisfaction of crying or looking haggard.If you get a another job,you take a walk.

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by boyendowed(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
ayo jango: The height was one evening when I took a file to him for analysis he poured water from a cup on my face cos he had a female guest.

Nothin like walking away ohhh!! I slapped him straight he culdnt react cos he knows iv got a belt in karate and i was ready to break his bones.

Your boss went too far and you had every right to react the way you did.

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by slimyem: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
ayo jango: When I was in d bank my boss uses words like R u mad,u fool,no brains,daft and I waited for a day I would strike him

The height was one evening when I took a file to him for analysis he poured water from a cup on my face cos he had a female guest.

Nothin like walking away ohhh!! I slapped him straight he culdnt react cos he knows iv got a belt in karate and i was ready to break his bones. HR got me transferred to another branch.
this is serious!!
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
I thank God 4 my office where i'm working now. But my previous office was a crazy place. I only felt comfortable in the office when my technical director is not in town. The guy behaves like a lunatic. He's an American but can be very erratic. I remember one certain day, he tried pushing the blame for a poor job on my immediate boss but my immediate boss (a gd muslim & Hausa guy) tongue lashed him and raked him well well. The next morning, as early as 8.15am, the Technical Director came to my office & said "hey punk, if u're man enough, come and meet me outside for men talk". I went to meet him cos i wasnt scared of him, but the guy threw a punch at me. We got physical with each other before being separated. I called immigration office sharp sharp, the MD came and apologized. But that was my last episode cos i gave him something gd to think abt wen ever his demons wake up again.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by boyendowed(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2012
olatomiwa: Go to Firstnation Airways, formerly Bellview Airlines and view emotional abuse at its worst! From Directors to Office assistants, we are all door mats to Kayode Odukoya. Msheeeew

I think people should name and shame their abusive bosses

3 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by StarrMatthieu: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Koolking(m): 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2012

Uh! ^the name rings a bell. He must be an insidious character.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by habayommy: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
ayo jango: When I was in d bank my boss uses words like R u mad,u fool,no brains,daft and I waited for a day I would strike him

Am making you my mentor.... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
So all these things dey happen for naija. Chei, Nigerians can be very abusive especially the ones that were poor before. That's why i'd rather run my own company, no matter how small. Nigerian bosses are A-holes(no offense).
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
This thread should be on the frontpage.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
I believe that most of the abusive boss are either a product of their upbringing,or they never thought of being a boss in their life.so being a boss to them is a unexpected miracle.life is dynamic,but to them,they think life is static.i once had a boss like dat,but left him shaparly.thank God,i'm now my own boss.

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
I have a boss from hell too. She owes us salaries like its nothing,still has the effrontery to insult at will and flaunts her supposed wealth in our face(where's the wealth when she owe everyone?). For her,no crude stuff like "in your family do people blablabla" or f bombs. She will say some things that will leave you in no doubt that you're being put down e.g. "I believe that logic is one of the first things they teach you in primary school, what primary school did you attend by the way?" and some other crazy stuff. She not only owes salaries but owes banks and our vendors as well.
Her belief is that if you cant take her crap and go else where, you're gonna need a letter of recommendation and she won't give you a favourable one, so everyone just takes it till they get something better. Everyone knows her in the marketing research sector(Aderoju).
No wonder she's a single,old, fat and ugly like a muthafu grin
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Koolking(m): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
wise_many2k: I thank God 4 my office where i'm working now. But my previous office was a crazy place. I only felt comfortable in the office when my technical director is not in town. The guy behaves like a lunatic. He's an American but can be very erratic. I remember one certain day, he tried pushing the blame for a poor job on my immediate boss but my immediate boss (a gd muslim & Hausa guy) tongue lashed him and raked him well well. The next morning, as early as 8.15am, the Technical Director came to my office & said "hey punk, if u're man enough, come and meet me outside for men talk". I went to meet him cos i wasnt scared of him, but the guy threw a punch at me. We got physical with each other before being separated. I called immigration office sharp sharp, the MD came and apologized. But that was my last episode cos i gave him something gd to think abt wen ever his demons wake up again.

Mehn, that was hell. To the point of getting physical in the office front? However, your comment was funny as well. Your former office was a battlefield, good to resume in the morning very high on something else you get used like ping-pong
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by nep2ra(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
Otapiapia inside your boss's cup of tea will quiet him down for a looooooooong time. grin

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Afam4eva(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
fxtimi: I have a boss from hell too. She owes us salaries like its nothing,still has the effrontery to insult at will and flaunts her supposed wealth in our face(where's the wealth when she owe everyone?). For her,no crude stuff like "in your family do people blablabla" or f bombs. She will say some things that will leave you in no doubt that you're being put down e.g. "I believe that logic is one of the first things they teach you in primary school, what primary school did you attend by the way?" and some other crazy stuff. She not only owes salaries but owes banks and our vendors as well.
Her belief is that if you cant take her crap and go else where, you're gonna need a letter of recommendation and she won't give you a favourable one, so everyone just takes it till they get something better. Everyone knows her in the marketing research sector(Aderoju).
No wonder she's a single,old, fat and ugly like a muthafu grin
These are the kind of people that get assasinated.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2012
nep2ra: Otapiapia inside your boss's cup of tea will quiet him down for a looooooooong time. grin

On Point!!!! these pple need to know dat the world doesnt revolve around their rotten feet

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by taioluv: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
I had a horrible female boss, she has a a way of abusing Ýöû like dis,"Ýöû woke up and wore ur suit to work but Ýöû didnt come wt ur brain,or why are Ýöû tinkin like a mentally diasbled person or Ýöû must be high on coke, etc.
Despite she is married,she D̶̲̥̅̊ey f,uc,k small guys around.
Oh boy d day I left d company,I gave a powerful testimony in church

Nutin beats like being ur own boss jare.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by yamakuza: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
afam4eva: This thread should be on the frontpage.

lol ... na from where u see am?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Appoints Abubakar Suleiman As CEO / Army Council Approves The Promotion Of Senior Army Officers / PSC Approves Promotion Of 4,542 Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.