Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! (10174 Views)

Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) / Our Male Bosses Punish Us For Refusing Their Sexual Advances: Policewomen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by t4thayour: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
cheesy grin
nep2ra: Otapiapia inside your boss's cup of tea will quiet him down for a looooooooong time. grin
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by t4thayour: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2012
Emancipate urself from mental slavery...

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by RiffRaff: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
ayo jango: When I was in d bank my boss uses words like R u mad,u fool,no brains,daft and I waited for a day I would strike him

The height was one evening when I took a file to him for analysis he poured water from a cup on my face cos he had a female guest.

Nothin like walking away ohhh!! I slapped him straight he culdnt react cos he knows iv got a belt in karate and i was ready to break his bones. HR got me transferred to another branch.

I doff my Hat.. Nice Reaction. Respect man!
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by slimming: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
my own is worse, this woman am working with will insult me from morning till evening , she will say am lousy ,am this am that, come to think of it this is one of the reputable oil and gas company and all of us including her begged to apply, this woman will call me at home once the management are on her head and start blaming me for her mistakes, on tuesday she made me to cry infront of my kids laying abuses on me for her own mistakes. i wish God can just provide another job for me so that i can take walk immediately, becos the whole thing is telling on me. she will tell me that no one is indisposable that she can sack me but one thing she dosent know is that her sack is not putting fear on me. she made me hate muslims be she covers herself from hair to toe but equity and fairness is far from her dictionary, i have other people in my department but they are all muslims except me. the day they changed my former boss and brought her to texaco i was happy but barely few months she started showing me her stuff forgeting that no office is permanent, the only permanent thing in this life is death

since you are not ready to resign bare it.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by JAkpayen(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
my own is worse, this woman am working with will insult me from morning till evening , she will say am lousy ,am this am that, come to think of it this is one of the reputable oil and gas company and all of us including her begged to apply, this woman will call me at home once the management are on her head and start blaming me for her mistakes, on tuesday she made me to cry infront of my kids laying abuses on me for her own mistakes. i wish God can just provide another job for me so that i can take walk immediately, becos the whole thing is telling on me. she will tell me that no one is indisposable that she can sack me but one thing she dosent know is that her sack is not putting fear on me. she made me hate muslims be she covers herself from hair to toe but equity and fairness is far from her dictionary, i have other people in my department but they are all muslims except me. the day they changed my former boss and brought her to texaco i was happy but barely few months she started showing me her stuff forgeting that no office is permanent, the only permanent thing in this life is death

Guy your own is even better, imagine today my ma'am in the office told me that I'm brain dead 'cos it's just 0.01% of the large transactions that were wrong coming from another person's input which affected my work. I'm preparing seriously to leave and I've gone as far as marking the day I'll leave on the calendar.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2012
A lot of people forget no condition is permanent. Some1 who is your boss today, maybe your employee tomorrow, so when your boss is being mean to you fantasize about that

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by desertboom(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
why is most of the abuses coming from female boss? Na waooo
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
Peaches90: I once worked @ a company in Surulere, I've never met a more horrible person than the 'CEO'---Adebo.

He comes to the office and use swear words on his employees- words like 'In ur f**king family', Can u f**king tell me what you've been trying to do E.t.C and to think that he insults u without paying u!(He still owes me 450k till date...though he claimed it wasnt as much as that.

He has a way of bringing down ur morale anytym he wants. He keeps saying that there are over 5 million unemployed grads on d street- cant remember his exact figure now. He's had well over 20 people, if not more, sacked in less thatn 24 months. He's also in d habit of requesting for corpers and would ask them to leave before the end of their service year! He's had issues with virtually all d corpers posted to his office and i wonder why they keep giving him corpers. This guy told about 6 of us to go, that he wanted to shut down his company cos he wasnt making money (and he told sum other people that we had the guts to ask him for our outstanding salaries, that he was goin to see how we would get other jobs and ask to be paid, when He locks up!)...
Well, i got another job almost 1 week later- a verrry good one at that and almost sued him for not paying my salaries buh decided against it cos he is TROUBLE and i dont want to descend to his level cos he has soo many court cases, that his name is well known in the court in his vicinity.
He's always in one scandal or the other

Hahaha, hmmm. Thank God for you! Most times we keep ourselves stuck in a spot because we are scared, if you hadn't been pushed out, you would not have seen how much more embraced a better opportunity.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Afam4eva(m): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
desertboom: why is most of the abuses coming from female boss? Na waooo
Me sef dey wonder. I thought female bosses would be more gentle.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
ayo jango: When I was in d bank my boss uses words like R u mad,u fool,no brains,daft and I waited for a day I would strike him

The height was one evening when I took a file to him for analysis he poured water from a cup on my face cos he had a female guest.

Nothin like walking away ohhh!! I slapped him straight he culdnt react cos he knows iv got a belt in karate and i was ready to break his bones. HR got me transferred to another branch.

Oh my gawd lol! Seriously? My oh my! Mehn guts is all we need o! You weren't even fired! Wooow!
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by olumidazz: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
Let's start by posting the names of those vampires here.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Me sef dey wonder. I thought female bosses would be more gentle.

you never jam

if the female boss is in a happy marriage maybe - outside of that you will see transferred aggression like its going out of style

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2012
Wow! All θf the threads made me realise that the topic is a very severe issue! I mean, employees are not some bunch θf insignificant slaves been done a favor, employees offer valuable services that is why they were hired in the first place!

Seriously now, how can we solve this demoralizing issue?

I also want to suggest that if you are not ready to loose your job, please DO NOT post the names θf your abusive bosses or the company as they may just stumble on your post and the consequence may be one you aren't prepared for.

please let's talk suggestions on how we can deal with these bosses!!! Anything other than "stay calm and bear, or quit and be your own boss", will suffice.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by olumidazz: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
12 years ago I worked as an associate for some big money boys in v.I, one of them was so proud and abusive, having no regard for etiquettes, or work place principles, I remember how he deducted my salary 4 6 months to buy another laptop that was damaged, his reason was that I was the last to use the laptop, today d same guy always patronising and lobbying in my office 4 contracts cos I got an appointment with state govt.

3 Likes

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by oobim(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2012
I used to have one morafukcn b.astard as a boss.A fat olodo wey no finish high schl(stil wonda hw he became a billionaire).d smelly fool insulted me n evryone else every day.I poured my mind b4 i left him(he cudnt believ anyone cud challenge him.they security had to bundle me out).he has managers,yet,he makes every decision.nobody prospers under him.a deeper life,but wicked and evil.i wish i could put hs name.he fukcs late Okadigbo's young wife and hes first lady's man.dem dey give am contract like water
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by poj(m): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
All these happening in an organisation? I must be missing something for being on my own all this while. Chei
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by fankasibe: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
I once had a boss who always say to me 'what is d relationship btw u and my daughter' 'i don't like u looking at my daughter like that' 'must u always ask for salary everymonth?'
my boss is a womanizer, he once dated my girl fwend telling me i'm too small to keep one.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Les: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2012
Make hunger kill me but i can't be alive and get such intimidations. Insult me if you like, na me hold your mouth? But touch not ma salary and do ma money no harm, if not am gon raise hell for dat so called boss. I can go to d extent of paralyzing him/her for him/her to be alive and bear d pain he/she has caused ppl.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by bigx(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
Watching with Pop-Corn n Coke, 3D Glasses on grin

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by fankasibe: 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2012
My Big Boss(illitrate) use to speak some bloody english, he use to write his vacancies like dis:
'SAEL BOY IS NEDEED HER, APLY IN PASON, SALARY IS ATRATIV'.... I even uploaded d sign post on my facebook

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Abyjah: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
fankasibe: My Big Boss(illitrate) use to speak some bloody english, he use to write his vacancies like dis:
'SAEL BOY IS NEDEED HER, APLY IN PASON, SALARY IS ATRATIV'.... I even uploaded d sign post on my facebook
Lol, not even the gods can decipher such atrocious gibberish. If you want to deal with your boss, come to my shrine-- *thinking*
I can make 'it' an imbe if you want. grin

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2012
fxtimi: I have a boss from hell too. She owes us salaries like its nothing,still has the effrontery to insult at will and flaunts her supposed wealth in our face(where's the wealth when she owe everyone?). For her,no crude stuff like "in your family do people blablabla" or f bombs. She will say some things that will leave you in no doubt that you're being put down e.g. "I believe that logic is one of the first things they teach you in primary school, what primary school did you attend by the way?" and some other crazy stuff. She not only owes salaries but owes banks and our vendors as well.
Her belief is that if you cant take her crap and go else where, you're gonna need a letter of recommendation and she won't give you a favourable one, so everyone just takes it till they get something better. Everyone knows her in the marketing research sector(Aderoju).
No wonder she's a single,old, fat and ugly like a muthafu grin
I surely know who you are talking about, let me give u a clue, your office is at Ikeja... Right?

1 Like

Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by benvivi: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2012
JAkpayen:

Guy your own is even better, imagine today my ma'am in the office told me that I'm brain dead 'cos it's just 0.01% of the large transactions that were wrong coming from another person's input which affected my work. I'm preparing seriously to leave and I've gone as far as marking the day I'll leave on the calendar.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
Anoda mudafvcka i'll mention is ....dont wanna mention it,he's a devil,he owes Staffs salaries as if its going out of fashion.he pays salaries only at midnite,and u mustnt spend it within the company.he's fetish.he sacks at will,and the company is at Antony village.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
poj: All these happening in an organisation? I must be missing something for being on my own all this while. Chei

Is your business still at the teething stage or you have people reporting to you? If not I believe you would want to grow to the point θf having employees. Then pay attention to whats been shared on this thread so you will not be under the category θf the bosses mentioned on this thread.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by bigx(m): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

Is your business still at the teething stage or you have people reporting to you? If not I believe you would want to grow to the point θf having employees. Then pay attention to whats been shared on this thread so you will not be under the category θf the bosses mentioned on this thread.

I've a couple of people on my payroll with 3 reporting directly to me & I'm yet to see myself in these posts, maybe I'm doing something wrong? undecided
spicy v:

I've a couple of people on my payroll with 3 reporting directly to me & I'm yet to see myself in these posts, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by inice(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

I totally understand your plight! Please be very careful not to be like the sponge, soaking in every vile word hurled at you. While you are still there, always be on the look out for other opportunities and do not hesitate to take off once you get the chance! Even the bible warns us about been closely associated with ill tempered people lest we become like them! People like that will rip off your esteem and turn you into a pitiful being with no sense θf worth without your knowing. So please guard your heart.
Cheers.
I also had the same dreadful horrible horrendous situation with my boss. He once called me evil. I prayed and prayed. Now ve got a job tyms 4 of d pay. Hallelujah!
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by chievo: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2012
Mine was sth i cudnt explain,i used 2 teach in a sch were am more qualified dan my boss,bt i wasnt bothered cos age wise,shes far older dan me,she wl insult teachers in sch everyday dat fellow colleagues cry 4 her abuses,she has a way of makn u feel so wretched n she wl make u leak her feet,as a grad in lagos,i was paid 13000naria bt she wl make sure u dnt get d whole salary by month end,she reduces our salary at anytym she lks bt peeps,d truth is she hardly speaks correct English,she even asks d male teacher out n if u refuse,ur salary wl b gone,d funniest thing is dat d nearest police station is her 2nd office,immediately i got another oppourtunity,i ran n didnt luk back n i even left my 1 month salary wt her n i wasnt bothered at al,i thanked God i came out of there in 1 piece
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 12:06am On Jul 14, 2012
bigx:

I've a couple of people on my payroll with 3 reporting directly to me & I'm yet to see myself in these posts, maybe I'm doing something wrong? undecided

I've a couple of people on my payroll with 3 reporting directly to me & I'm yet to see myself in these posts, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Good to know you aren't on any θf the posts or maybe your employees are yet to dicover nairaland or this thread? Just wondering!!! (Wink)
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 12:08am On Jul 14, 2012
inice:
I also had the same dreadful horrible horrendous situation with my boss. He once called me evil. I prayed and prayed. Now ve got a job tyms 4 of d pay. Hallelujah!

I rejoice with you darlain, lol. You shall keep soaring higher dear.
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by spicyv1(f): 12:10am On Jul 14, 2012
chievo: Mine was sth i cudnt explain,i used 2 teach in a sch were am more qualified dan my boss,bt i wasnt bothered cos age wise,shes far older dan me,she wl insult teachers in sch everyday dat fellow colleagues cry 4 her abuses,she has a way of makn u feel so wretched n she wl make u leak her feet,as a grad in lagos,i was paid 13000naria bt she wl make sure u dnt get d whole salary by month end,she reduces our salary at anytym she lks bt peeps,d truth is she hardly speaks correct English,she even asks d male teacher out n if u refuse,ur salary wl b gone,d funniest thing is dat d nearest police station is her 2nd office,immediately i got another oppourtunity,i ran n didnt luk back n i even left my 1 month salary wt her n i wasnt bothered at al,i thanked God i came out of there in 1 piece

I am more thankful to God on your behalf dear. The best awaits you!
Re: Emotionally Abusive Bosses!!! by aieromon(m): 12:21am On Jul 14, 2012
Hmm,I thought I was the only one that experienced this mental abuse from a superior.

Like a wise woman once told me,the adversity of a superior towards your work performance will only strengthen your desire to be prosperous and reach greater heights.Just tell yourself its time to move on and you'll be amazed at the fantastic opportunities out there.

Damn the unknown and take a bold leap of faith.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Council Approves The Promotion Of Senior Army Officers / Sterling Bank Appoints Abubakar Suleiman As CEO / PSC Approves Promotion Of 4,542 Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.