Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Lagos Is A Country. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is A Country. (4838 Views)

Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged / Our Commitment To Rebuilding Lagos Is Paying-Off - Fashola / Eko Ile, Lagos Is A Benin Town Not Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko ile are you researching with ur google?
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by phantom(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko Ile: These NL illeterates sha. Mention lagos and see them rush out to put down their own country for another country.

Do we now have to tell these ignorant people that Angola is a country with 100 billion oil money to burn while lagos is just a state within Nigeria with just 2 billion.

Shouldn't you olodo people be comparing with abuja which is a country capital like luanda instead of lagos?

If lagos is making so much moves with 2 billion imagine What we fit do with 100 billion.

I just wonder why you people don't weep and cry over your backward stone age villages.
o please.....so we are now comparing lagos to angola grin grin grin grin grin
....and please before you use the word 'illiterate'......learn how to spell it!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
The oil is in the ground. If Angola can sell it before it is pumped the better off they are. Angolans have been living without oil revenue for eons, their economy at least won't be oil dependent.

Mumu btw Lagosians and Luandans whom do you think is gettin a raw deal?
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by PapaBrowne(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2012
999_666: If you are going to show development in Angola, at least be honest enough that those building were paid for by the government with expected future oil earnings.
The people can't even afford such cities, they are basically ghost towns.
You may not be comfortable with Lagos level of development but be honest with your analysis and don't mislead others.

Check the link for more details. Angola have virtually mortgaged their future for a pie in the sky type of development.

Angola's Chinese-built ghost town
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18646243

Mr Man, if you've been to Angola, you wouldn't speak like this. That article you posted is a British perspective and I care too little about their perspective when it comes to African issues. They call these projects Ghost towns because its the Chinese building them. For crying out loud, these properties were commissioned only this year and they are to house 750,000 in a country of 14 million. Do you expect them to be sold out in 3 months? Even estates with 30 properties take years to fill up in lagos talkless of a town with over 100,000 properties.

About Angola's future oil earnings, you probably didn't realise that they have used it to solve their future housing problems.
Its amazon that Lagos cannot raise the money required to execute development projects but Tinubu can raise the money to start an airline, build two Oriental hotels and build a $100million shopping mall. Think, one man can raise the money(almost $300million) to execute these projects but Lagos is struggling with funds to complete the few projects that Fashola embarked upon.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
abeg tell the maggas
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by EkoIle1: 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2012
Back to the topic while I ignore these nuisance villagers.

Even with a very unless federal system and leadership holding lagos back, lagos is still the fastest developing and holding its own and I'm just so proud to be a lagosian.

Even the positive feedbacks from the international media and the new respect for lagos and its leadership is so heart warming.

Eko o ni baje for sure.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by PapaBrowne(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko Ile: These NL illeterates sha. Mention lagos and see them rush out to put down their own country for another country.

Do we now have to tell these ignorant people that Angola is a country with 100 billion oil money to burn while lagos is just a state within Nigeria with just 2 billion.

Shouldn't you olodo people be comparing with abuja which is a country capital like luanda instead of lagos?

If lagos is making so much moves with 2 billion imagine What we fit do with 100 billion.

I just wonder why you people don't weep and cry over your backward stone age villages.

The poster said LAGOS IS A COUNTRY. I was even nice enough to ignore his speech and compare Lagos directly with Luanda. If na Angola, whose population is about equal to that of Lagos, then Eko don baje, noni!
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by 999666: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Have a nice day mister
PapaBrowne:

Mr Man, if you've been to Angola, you wouldn't speak like this. That article you posted is a British perspective and I care too little about their perspective when it comes to African issues. They call these projects Ghost towns because its the Chinese building them. For crying out loud, these properties were commissioned only this year and they are to house 750,000 in a country of 14 million. Do you expect them to be sold out in 3 months? Even estates with 30 properties take years to fill up in lagos talkless of a town with over 100,000 properties.

About Angola's future oil earnings, you probably didn't realise that they have used it to solve their future housing problems.
Its amazon that Lagos cannot raise the money required to execute development projects but Tinubu can raise the money to start an airline, build two Oriental hotels and build a $100million shopping mall. Think, one man can raise the money(almost $300million) to execute these projects but Lagos is struggling with funds to complete the few projects that Fashola embarked upon.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by phantom(m): 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
999_666: If you are going to show development in Angola, at least be honest enough to inform others that those building were paid for by the government with expected future oil earnings.
The people can't even afford such cities, they are basically ghost towns.

You may not be comfortable with the level of development in Lagos, but be honest with your analysis and don't mislead others.

Check the link for more details. Angola have virtually mortgaged their future for a pie-in-the-sky type of development.

Angola's Chinese-built ghost town
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18646243
yeah yeah.....exactly the same ish you guyz said bout dubai and now your leaders are falling over themselves to own properties there....
you sef no go mind to own one one quarter room for their ghetto(thats if they ve got any)
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko Ile: Back to the topic while I ignore these nuisance villagers.

Even with a very unless federal system and leadership holding lagos back, lagos is still the fastest developing and holding its own and I'm just so proud to be a lagosian.

Even the positive feedbacks from the international media and the new respect for lagos and its leadership is so heart warming.

Eko o ni baje for sure.

how can the FG be holding you back when the FG is who made you?
All the investment the FG made in Lagos have not beared fruition but rather because of your opposition styled leadership things are getting worse as you wallow in your own tribalistic retarded drivel spit.
Do you expect to get more revenue than the ND regions which produce 90% of the money that you are clamouring for?

No wonder you goats where supporting the subsidy removal.
Very soon you won't even see a dime of oil money.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by EkoIle1: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
PapaBrowne:

The poster said LAGOS IS A COUNTRY. I was even nice enough to ignore his speech and compare Lagos directly with Luanda. If na Angola, whose population is about equal to that of Lagos, then Eko don baje, noni!

And you honestly bought that and took off running with your Angola comparison9 is Lagos a country? Are you in primary 2 or you were just too lazy to spot the difference?

Secondly, your luanda comparison was ignorant simply because luanda is a country capital where the country of Angola spends its money to develop while lagos is not the capital of Nigeria and the government of Nigeria is spending its money on abuja which is the capital of Nigeria.

You are free to create and enjoy your comedy show, but let it make a little sense.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko you started posting immediately the Luanda pics went up and my Lagos slum pics too.

Stop defending nonsense. Nobody in their right mind likes Lagos.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 9:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
The only reason anyone will like living in Lagos is maybe because they have never been anywhere else in their life or/and because they won't be able to function in a civilized setting.

Am guessing the latter in your case and that's a compliment too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by PapaBrowne(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko Ile:

And you honestly bought that and took off running with your Angola comparison9 is Lagos a country? Are you in primary 2 or you were just too lazy to spot the difference?

Secondly, your luanda comparison was ignorant simply because luanda is a country capital where the country of Angola spends its money to develop while lagos is not the capital of Nigeria and the government of Nigeria is spending its money on abuja which is the capital of Nigeria.

You are fee to create and enjoy your comedy show, but let it make a little sense.

Lagos is a capital of Nigeria and more money accrues to Lagos than to any other part of Nigeria. Lagos has more than enough potential but Fashola did not do anything to unlock that potential. Go to Nairobi and see what is happening there. Even Addis Ababa is experiencing some good development in comparison to Lagos.
The truth of the matter is that Fashola doesn't understand financial engineering. If he did, he would find more innovative ways to access capital than the meagre income that comes from taxation. Taxation is for social services. If you want real development, use your potential of both today and tommorow to buy debt and spread it into the future. Utilize that debt to create critical mass, your society blossoms, you get credibility plus increased credit ratings , acquire more debt, pay the old one and execute more projects, you society blossoms futher and on and on and on. Thats the secret and its working accross the capitalist world. Just be wiser enough to know the boiling point when to stop acquiring debt.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by PapaBrowne(m): 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Lagos is a capital of Nigeria and more money accrues to Lagos than to any other part of Nigeria. Lagos has more than enough potential but Fashola did not do anything to unlock that potential. Go to Nairobi and see what is happening there. Even Addis Ababa is experiencing some good development in comparison to Lagos.
The truth of the matter is that Fashola doesn't understand financial engineering. If he did, he would find more innovative ways to access capital than the meagre income that comes from taxation. Taxation is for social services. If you want real development, use your potential of both today and tommorow to buy debt and spread it into the future. Utilize that debt to create critical mass, your society blossoms, you get credibility plus increased credit ratings , acquire more debt, pay the old one and execute more projects, you society blossoms futher and on and on and on. Thats the secret and its working accross the capitalist world. Just be wiser enough to know the boiling point when to stop acquiring debt.

and to add to that; LASG should set the pace for private initiative drive for development. The useless taxation model they brought from the UK is being embezzled and killing investment steadily and thirdly, Lagos has no right to demand for taxation on businesses that will in future develop and grow her economy. Everything these ACN clowns see in London the export down here, e.g. BRT lanes, tolled roads, etc. London is on the verge of Bankruptcy and as such needs to bleed it's citizenry just to clean her streets.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by EkoIle1: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2012
Papab. You ignorance and lack of civic education is mind boggling and shameful.

1. It's a fact to many elementary school kids that lagos us not the capital I'd Nigeria and abuja is.

2. Its a fact to many elementary school kids that despite what lagos contributes to the national economy, its the 3rd largest recipient of allocations after rivers with 20 billion and 4 million people and Akwa with 17 billion and 5 million people. This is another ignorance on your part.

3. It's a fact that rivers states budget with just 4 million people is almost the same as lagos and in fact its sometimes higher than lagos with 20 million people and lagos still get more done than rivers and Akwa put together. By population and budget rivers is 4 times richer than lagos.

How do I even discuss anything with no basic knowledge people like you?

Now, let me excuse your ignorance and go back to you blindly equating a state like lagos with a country like Angola and its huge national resources.

You need to bury your head in shame.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 11:21pm On Jul 14, 2012
^^^^double post faggotry
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by Afam4eva(m): 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
alj harem:

haba bros afam, how can you say that. You have been to some parts of VI, Ikoyi and lekki before

Banana Island nko ? But yes Angola makes sense.
I remember I used to boast to one of my uncle's about how lekki and all those places you mentioned can be compared to America, where he lives. He finally came back and saw Lekki for himself and he warned me that he doesn't want to hear me blab about Lekki to him ever again because he was highly dissapointed. If those places are the best that Lagos can come up with, then it's highly unfortunate.

I wish Angola were an English speaking country, I would have considered moving there.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by Afam4eva(m): 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
Eko Ile: Papab. You ignorance and lack of civic education is mind boggling and shameful.

1. It's a fact to many elementary school kids that lagos us not the capital I'd Nigeria and abuja is.

2. Its a fact to many elementary school kids that despite what lagos contributes to the national economy, its the 3rd largest recipient of allocations after rivers with 20 billion and 4 million people and Akwa with 17 billion and 5 million people. This is another ignorance on your part.

3. It's a fact that rivers states budget with just 4 million people is almost the same as lagos and in fact its sometimes higher than lagos with 20 million people and lagos still get more done than rivers and Akwa put together. By population and budget rivers is 4 times richer than lagos.

Now, let me excuse your ignorance and go back to you blindly equating a state like lagos with a country like Angola and its huge national resources.

So now population should be a major factor in determining the allocations that should accrue to states? Compare what Lagos contributes to the center to what those states contribute.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 11:27pm On Jul 14, 2012
afam4eva:
I wish Angola were an English speaking country, I would have considered moving there.

Angola is darn expensive, don't even think about it.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by EkoIle1: 11:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
afam4eva:
So now population should be a major factor in determining the allocations that should accrue to states? Compare what Lagos contributes to the center to what those states contribute.

Making a logical point with population and saying categorically that it should be a determining factor is not the same thing. Use your brain and lern how to read comprehend properly. Even in normal countries, population determines what states and provinces get, even political representations like the number of reps and senators you get is based on population, its only in Nigeria we do things backward.

Now about what states contributes to the gdp, I know lagos state contributes 30% so feel free to tell us what other states contribute individually.

Please answer and discuss intelligently and don't troll as usual .
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 12:03am On Jul 15, 2012
Eko Ile:

Now about what states contributes to the gdp, I know lagos state contributes 30% so feel free to tell us what other states contribute individually.

Please answer and discuss intelligently and don't troll as usual .

^^^you knowing isnt the same thing as fact. So far I think it will be safe to say you know next to jack sh1t.
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by PapaBrowne(m): 12:25am On Jul 15, 2012
Eko Ile: Papab. You ignorance and lack of civic education is mind boggling and shameful.

I would have expected something more intelligent than this sha. This is a pathetic response. I can help you defend the failures of Lagos in a more intelligent way. It is sad and pathetic that all you are talking about is allocations from Abuja. Think for yourself: Dangote is one man. He is worth $14Billion. He doesn't go to Abuja to collect allocation. He collects his allocation from builders that buy his cement, tea drinkers that use his sugar, bakeries that use his flour and kids that eat his indomie.
Why can't Lagos with all the advantage Nigeria has given to it build a strong capital base that is non oil related.
Lagos has so much opportunity. It can earn from Business tourism If it had a world class convention centre. Lagos can make itself the Financial hub of Africa in the same mode that Singapore serves Asia, London serves Europe, New York serves America and Dubai serves the middle east. Lagos has all the ethos going for it in that direction, it just needs the right kind of policies. Lagos should have multi billion dollar budgets not those meagre $3 billion that should be reserved for countries like Liberia.
The sad thing is that Lagosians are glorying in the snail speed patch-patch development that Fashola is building and forgeting to notice the hi-speed with which Tinubu completes his own projects.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 12:32am On Jul 15, 2012
[size=20pt]GBAM GI DI GBAM[/size]
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Jul 15, 2012
phantom: na wa o!!! see luanda....kai i feel like crying....our leaders have finished us cry cry

Why complain? We need to give them all the money we have and a lifetime before we can expect anything tangible or close to Lunda there. . . that is the message we keep getting from the bullies-on-board. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by EkoIle1: 12:51am On Jul 15, 2012
PapaBrowne:
I would have expected something more intelligent than this sha. This is a pathetic response. I can help you defend the failures of Lagos in a more intelligent way. It is sad and pathetic that all you are talking about is allocations from Abuja. Think for yourself: Dangote is one man. He is worth $14Billion. He doesn't go to Abuja to collect allocation. He collects his allocation from builders that buy his cement, tea drinkers that use his sugar, bakeries that use his flour and kids that eat his indomie.
Why can't Lagos with all the advantage Nigeria has given to it build a strong capital base that is non oil related.
Lagos has so much opportunity. It can earn from Business tourism If it had a world class convention centre. Lagos can make itself the Financial hub of Africa in the same mode that Singapore serves Asia, London serves Europe, New York serves America and Dubai serves the middle east. Lagos has all the ethos going for it in that direction, it just needs the right kind of policies. Lagos should have multi billion dollar budgets not those meagre $3 billion that should be reserved for countries like Liberia.
The sad thing is that Lagosians are glorying in the snail speed patch-patch development that Fashola is building and forgeting to notice the hi-speed with which Tinubu completes his own projects.

You are too shallow and intellectually deficient to contribute anything meaningful beyond the silly opinion you are trying to deflect your obvious shortcomings with.

I will not let you shift the focus from the argument with your silly and redundant rant that means nothing to the topic. I know your game and I'm not falling for it.

You as a grown man do not know the capital of your own country and on top of that, you have no clue what GDP percentage each state generates.

And I was expecting you to repent and admit to your cluelessness and ignorance.

Please do that first.

Below is what I still need you to deal with...

You ignorance and lack of civic education is mind boggling and shameful.

PapaBrowne:

You are too shallow and intellectually deficient to contribute anything meaningful beyond the silly opinion you are trying to deflect your obvious shortcomings with.

I will not let you shift the focus from the argument with your silly and redundant rant that means nothing to the topic. I know your game and I'm not falling for it.

You as a grown man do not know the capital of your own country and on top of that, you have no clue what GDP percentage each state generates.

Please do that first.

PapaBrowne:

Please do that first.

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 12:53am On Jul 15, 2012
^^^ triple post faggortry!
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by PapaBrowne(m): 2:24am On Jul 15, 2012
Ok. I have to conclude that this Eko Ile guy is not worth it. Pretty childish guy. Wouldn't want to engage him for the simple fact that if I do, it would appear like we belong in the same class. Wouldn't want to give him that privilege.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by ODB1: 2:34am On Jul 15, 2012
PapaBrowne: Ok. I have to conclude that this Eko Ile guy is not worth it. Pretty childish guy. Wouldn't want to engage him for the simple fact that if I do, it would appear like we belong in the same class. Wouldn't want to give him that privilege.

Re: Lagos Is A Country. by Dainfamous: 3:03am On Jul 15, 2012
Angola capial beat Lagos hands down WOW shocked : COUNTRY WEY SEE WAR FOR 10YEARS STILL DEVELOP PASS LAGOS,THIS IS INSANE TIFIMBU NEED TO DO NWA AWO JUMP FROM THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE............
Re: Lagos Is A Country. by EkoIle1: 4:34am On Jul 15, 2012
PapaBrowne: Ok. I have to conclude that this Eko Ile guy is not worth it. Pretty childish guy. Wouldn't want to engage him for the simple fact that if I do, it would appear like we belong in the same class. Wouldn't want to give him that privilege.

You are right about one thing, we are not in the same class since your class is the ignorant and clueless class.

1st you foolishly equated a state with another country, then you dumbly labeled Lagos state as the capital of Nigeria and on top of that, you claimed that Lagos state collects the largest share of federal money when in fact it's rivers and Akwa.

With their little population, these states are siting on more and more money than Lagos state and they have little or nothing to show for it while Lagos with 20 million people is still progressing ahead with major projects that even the federal government can not and wont execute. I don't even see any of you losers saying anything about your backward villages and these useless state collecting tons of money with nothing to show for it.

You fools can cry and yell till eternity, the joke is on you losers especially you hate consumed grown ass oldodo with no basic civic education.

Again, shame on you and try go back to elementary school to at least find out that Abuja is the Capital of your country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N100M Stolen Petroleum-Products Destroyed In Calabar - Could This Be True? / Jim Nwobodo Loses Son / Gen Buhari’s Daughter Reportedly Married To Ali Modu Sheriff’s Son (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.