Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training (25417 Views)

INEC Agent, Dan Joko, Arrested By Police For Collecting Money To Rig Election / EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal / US Begs Nigeria For Help To Contain Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Abrantie: 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Their decision to come to Nigeria cannot be far from the fact that despite Nigeria's abysmal failure in leadership, most African countries still see Nigeria as the Giant of Africa.

Giant Azzhole of Africa, that is.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
tadysmart:

Chei you are simply the bomb of this debate.
hoha! Gbam! The guy has changd my mindset abt 9ja police.i am realy reasoning with him and of a truth those officers are trying...pls Ileke idi and co,go and yansh down.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by PosCaricature: 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
[quote author=ROSSIKE]This is why I say that Nigerians greatly underestimate what they have in their country. The Nigerian police are actually very well trained. If we can only pay them a decent wage and offer them decent working conditions, we'll find that they are comparable to the best anywhere in the world. Instead they are left to depend on stuff like extortion of drivers etc, to make up for their income shortfall. The reason they always display their best in places like South Sudan and wherever they're posted in the world, is that they are well renumerated there, so their best comes out.
[You've said it all.]
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
bittyend:

Learn how to improve your penmanship before talking about 'intellectual conversation'.

Oh yeah, the same people in the states that goes around killing unarmed civilians everywhere, no? Or you want me to start digging up evidences of people getting killed all over America by their police?

And those in the AMerican Police Department are WELL EQUIPPED and WELL PAID!!

Fvck off, and go eat amala, you dark shyte!!

And hell yeah, I'm a black man - and I backing up a BLACK POLICE FORCE!!

RARELY Would you see an american police kill an innocent civilian, unless that police has some kind of mental problem/illness. AND YOU SIR, DON'T TALK ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW. I CAN SHOW YOU TO NUMEROUS OF ARTICLES THAT WOULD TELL YOU HOW UNDERPAID THE POLICE IN THE STATE ARE. Stop wasting my time and go get some sense Nincompoop, cause you obviously dont have one! instead of "backing up a BLACK POLICE FORCE" Why don't you help Fix them instead.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
binger: hoha! Gbam! The guy has changd my mindset abt 9ja police.i am realy reasoning with him and of a truth those officers are trying...pls Ileke idi and co,go and yansh down.

Atleast I'm not "co". It's good to be recognized.

Anywaz, about your reasoning. . . . tell us more about it.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by manny4life(m): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Abrantie:

Because they see Nigeria as an Arab/Al Quaeda/Hausa/Non-Christian/Sahara desert dwelling/nomad/unstable country just like theirs. That means Nigeria's police force would have experience working in such fuvcked up environment.

Bottom line -- Nigeria police is the worst, but that's exactly what South Sudan needs to deal with their stubborn population.

You will NOT DIE of HBP about anything Nigeria. Keep hating, in fact, I'll get more hate-o-rade for you.

IMO, I think the Nigerian Police needs rehabilitation, their outside mission may be next to perfect, however, their mission inside Nigerian borders isn't a good one. The have more negative views in their home nation as compared abroad.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Heck: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE

well done
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Shaw007(m): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Whao! whao!! whao!!! Is dis some kinda joke or somE'In undecided
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by surgicalblade: 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE:

ANSWER THE QUESTION I POSED AND STOP TALKING RUBBISH. Why have they not approached Ghana police to train them?

Nonsense.
Guy abeg gogle which country has the best police in africa so that you can back up dude so that you can know the diffrence between police men and uniformed robers we have in this country which am one allakiayi HISBA beter pass 9ja police
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by mamaafrik(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dey hv d market 4 our avalanche NYSC pple,y nt send dem there if dere'll b gud agrement of dem being taken careof?
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
tadysmart:

Chei you are simply the bomb of this debate.
hoha! Gbam! Ileke idi and co shud go and yansh down
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by samfibby(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
It is comments from some of nairalands supposed brainiacs that destroy this country. It is only in nigeria that an ill-equipped police would detonate IED without proper training and sometimes get blown to pieces, all in the name of serving their country. This is to show that with more commitment and motivation from the citizenery and leaders the nigerian police can become world class. Its a pity a sudanese is telling us the potentials that we have. I insist that nigeria has no problem but it is the citizenery that has issues.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by PhysicsQED(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by bittyend(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

RARELY Would you see an american police kill an innocent civilian, unless that police has some kind of mental problem/illness. AND YOU SIR, DON'T TALK ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW. I CAN SHOW YOU TO NUMEROUS OF ARTICLES THAT WOULD TELL YOU HOW UNDERPAID THE POLICE IN THE STATE ARE. Stop wasting my time and go get some sense Nincompoop, cause you obviously dont have one!

Can you compare how much people in the American Police Department are paid, with their Nigerian counterpart? Hell No!!!

Can you compare how well quipped they're to their Nigerian counterparts? Hell No!!

Our Police Force don't even have RIOT GEARS - talk about a useless country. I have seen Kenyan Police in riot gears, but I've NEVER seen the Nigerian Police in riot gears - that only shows how bad/inhumane these people are treated...Yet you want them to perform wonders!!

Just take a look at the population of the country - and compare that with the number of people in the Nigerian Police Force and their lack of policing equipments, yet you want them to be everywhere solving crimes, no? They're HUMAN not ROBOTS!!!

American police killing unarmed civilians (I can dig up hundreds of these):

1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129203/8-LAPD-police-officers-shoot-kill-unarmed-man-19-90-rounds-dramatic-car-chase-caught-live-TV.html

2) http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8529162

3) http://rt.com/usa/news/anaheim-police-shoot-another-833/

4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkBbAdySNc

5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6S7LRrCru8
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
ROSSIKE: This is why I say that Nigerians greatly underestimate what they have in their country. The Nigerian police are actually very well trained. If we can only pay them a decent wage and offer them decent working conditions, we'll find that they are comparable to the best anywhere in the world. Instead they are left to depend on stuff like extortion of drivers etc, to make up for their income shortfall. The reason they always display their best in places like South Sudan and wherever they're posted in the world, is that they are well renumerated there, so their best comes out.
Loll @ Nigeria police are well trained, visit Police College @ Ikeja and have a first hand experience of what those officers are passing through.... Dirty, stinking environment, not even qualified to be called a dumping ground... Now tell me what kind of world class training can someone who's been trained to protect your life & property get from there?
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by SmoothCrim: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Only Ghanaian RULE can save the World!!!
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ACM10: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
juman:

nigeria police always perform well when doing international assignments.

But our system that is bad is the cause of poor performance of police at home (in nigeria).

You can't be serious! Nigerian policemen serving under UN in Congo DR were indicted in raape cases. They were subsequently expelled. Nigerian police has acted dishonourably on a countless of occasions and has been an embarrassment on the international scene.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
SmoothCrim: Only Ghanaian RULE can save West Africa!!!
Gosh STFU plz
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
bittyend:

Can you compare how much people in the American Police Department are paid, with their Nigerian counterpart? Hell No!!!

Can you compare how well quipped they're to their Nigerian counterparts? Hell No!!

Our Police Force don't even have RIOT GEARS - talk about a useless country. I have seen Kenyan Police in riot gears, but I've NEVER seen the Nigerian Police in riot gears - that only shows how bad/inhumane these people are treated...Yet you want them to perform wonders!!

Just take a look at the population of the country - and compare that with the number of people in the Nigerian Police Force and their lack of policing equipments, yet you want them to be everywhere solving crimes, no? They're HUMAN not ROBOTS!!!

American police killing unarmed civilians (I can dig up hundreds of these):

1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129203/8-LAPD-police-officers-shoot-kill-unarmed-man-19-90-rounds-dramatic-car-chase-caught-live-TV.html

2) http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8529162

3) http://rt.com/usa/news/anaheim-police-shoot-another-833/

4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkBbAdySNc

5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6S7LRrCru8

REALLY SIR STOP WASTING MY TIME! For every "American police killings" You find I would give 100 nigerian police killing to go along with it, And like i said rarely would you see an american police kill an innocent civilian unless that police as a mental problem/illness. And yes, I can compare the amount of money the american police are paid to their nigerian counterpart. DONT LET THE EXCHANGE RATE FOOL YOU!! THEY AREN'T PAID MUCH.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
They go teach them professionalism in bribery ooooo. Lmao
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by onuwaje(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
I pity south sudan..... Na roadblock and how to collect money dem wan teach dem??
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by SSaemoenl(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
We Shall See. They should add 'Rogar' in their curriculum while teaching them.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ayox2003: 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Hey Hey look here Mr " I am a black man" This place is not for children! If you know you aren't smart enough to hold an intellectual conversation go run along and go play with your fellow shi*theads. WHAT DOES THE AMOUNT THEY ARE PAID HAVE TO DO WITH THE WAY THEY TREAT CIVILIANS!!!! THE POLICE HERE IN THE STATES AREN'T PAID THE BIGGEST SALARY BUT YOU DON'T SEE THEM GOING AROUND AND BEATEN UP/SCARING CIVILIANS!! Like i said go get some sense Nitwit! Until then you are not allowed to talk to me.

P.S- Where in the world did you get that i have tribal marks from?? Is something wrong with your brain? or have you seen me before? Please go to a doctor, your behaviour is not normal.

And who said they should earn the biggest salary?

A moderate salary would do. Even in the States, rife are cases of bribery and corruption.

So don't put that here. Do u also know that there are so many Nigerian-born police officers over there? Why do they put up good attitudes there?

Frawzey
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by kcool2(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Its funny hw nigerians dont respect thier own....for christ sakes this dudes re confrontin death on a daily basis and this is what yall have to say.....pATHETIC
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Igweka(m): 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
afam4eva: Ha ha ha...they should better look elsewhere if they don't want to destroy their country. I don't know why some countries still believe in the capability of Nigeria. Don't they read the news.
Humanbeing dnt value what he have until he loose it. Like it or not we remain the best. Only fools and criminals hate Niaja police. Up NPF enemies must die. If u hate police knock ur head on the wall.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ifeci: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
this topic is really laffable, its only those who reside outside Nigeria or who hv not hd an encounter with those fools called Nigerian police would commend them. mayb south sudan just said dt out of the corner of their mouth for relationship purposes. Nigeria police ke? bunch of rogues!
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by mhsanni(f): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
hahahaha....as my people wud say 'In d land of d blind, d one eyed man is crowned king'
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Tolaaaaannni(f): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
ayox2003:

And who said they should earn the biggest salary?

A moderate salary would do. Even in the States, rife are cases of bribery and corruption.

So don't put that here. Do u also know that there are so many Nigerian-born police officers over there? Why do they put up good attitudes there?

Frawzey

Apperently Bittytend here thinks all police officers should earn the biggest salary because afterall they are "Humans" And I don't know why the nigerian-american police officers put on good attitudes in the state, maybe its because there are laws to be followed, and if they aren't followed their would be punishment. No one is above the law.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by MacLovington(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
afam4eva: Ha ha ha...they should better look elsewhere if they don't want to destroy their country. I don't know why some countries still believe in the capability of Nigeria. Don't they read the news.

My aunt used to be a police supritendent in the 1980s and worked in training & recruitment and later CID. One of the neatest women I have ever seen. I shudder when I see dirty police uniform now.

Anyway, Naija police training was actually top notch, at least in those days.
With good leadership and decent pay (around 170k monthly)to start with zero tolerance for corruption, NPF will improve dramatically. You will see graduates signing up.

If pay is decent, at least the God-fearing ones will be afraid to lose their job because of 10 Naira bribe.
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

[b]RARELY Would you see an american police kill an innocent civilian, unless that police has some kind of mental problem/illness. AND YOU SIR, DON'T TALK ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW. I CAN SHOW YOU TO NUMEROUS OF ARTICLES THAT WOULD TELL YOU HOW UNDERPAID THE POLICE IN THE STATE ARE. Stop wasting my time and go get some sense Nincompoop, cause you obviously dont have one! instead of "backing up a BLACK POLICE FORCE" Why don't you help Fix them instead[/b].
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training by ifeci: 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
Igweka: Humanbeing dnt value what he have until he loose it. Like it or not we remain the best. Only fools and criminals hate Niaja police. Up NPF enemies must die. If u hate police knock ur head on the wall.

oga u r speaking English. its either u r ignorant or u reside in the moon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja / Facts Versus Fiction By Reno Omokri: Excerpts / Buhari Blames Nigerian Media For Failing To Showcase His Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.