Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! (7773 Views)

Amaechi, Ayade, Ita-Giwa March For 'Plant-A-Tree' Event At Calabar Carnival / Traffic Law: Lagos Lists Vehicles That Can Operate From 6am-9pm / Climate Change: Lagos May Vanish In 50 Years - Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by babestella: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2012
Well, I think Lagos state govt surveyors should be involved here so that people who can and wants to plant do so properly so that it doesn't just get cut down prematurely by successive government policies in future.

That is my opinion sha.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by jmaine: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2012
babestella:

No space, but seriously, you can plant a tree in your room, I have a coconut and a mango tree in my room. lol lol lol lol, cos the next governor might just hate trees and green vegetation. It happened in Festac town, one good morning I woke up and alas! all trees from 1st avenue to 7th avenue were all gone, turned into fire wood for akara sellers along the road. Reason?? order from Local govt council. So better plant your in your room, it is safer. Muheheheheeehhehehehe. I laugh in latin

lol . . .The unique policy somersault disorder all tiers of our government suffer from embarassed. . . .

I sure say that your coconut and mango tree for inside your house na the plastic version wey Billyonaire bin talk about cheesy
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by kennytidistar(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2012
ok, fashola dont worry, i will plant one in my toilet and bathroom so that i can pay more for PSP when the leaves drops and your plan tax levy on plantation and vegetation. HMN! just know that we are only waiting for you to complete your tunure and go back to the bar that is only if NBA did not de-rank you from senior advocate then. gudluck and greet your family that you both stole lagoon tax together.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by Cyberconnect12: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2012
Kobojunkie: Every house should have at least one good tree on the property, in my opinion. But really it is to the advantage of those who live in these homes, as their cooling bills would be reduced as a result.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by kwajahafiz(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=eledalo]so that you can charge me 'tree tax' and 'vegetation cultivation charge' in a years time abi? wink bros abeg focus on 4th mainland[/quot
Aah ,spoken like an ignoramus.
Trees will do wonders for the environment,
And the man made barren landscape of Lagos.
Just look at the west. How beautiful the trees make the
Place look.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by Kobojunkie: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2012
kwajahafiz: Aah ,spoken like an ignoramus.
Trees will do wonders for the environment,
And the man made barren landscape of Lagos.
Just look at the west. How beautiful the trees make the
Place look.

Are you sure you are not the ignoramus here? He is right to be concerned that the same Government might turn around and charge him "tree tax", and others should be as well and make sure their Government does not do such in the near future.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by kcsider: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2012
where you wan plant the tree grin in a rented apartment? Landlord go pursue you comot na!
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by chucky234(m): 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
Tree planting is a very healthy habit but where is the space in Lagos for tree planting and what relevant will the trees be to Lagos since our roads are still in shanbolic state.
With the millions of trees in Festac town the place is still ridden by erosion because of the poor drainage facilities in the area,we need put our roads in top shape first before thinking of planting trees.
Places like Ajegunle,Mushin,Isolo,Oshodi,Ebute-Metta,Yaba,Apapa,Ijora,Surulere,Orile,Iganmu,Okoko,Ajangbadi,Fadeyi,Onipanu and so many other places in Lagos don't have space for a single tree not to mention trees, with the exception of Ikeja,VI,Lekki,Ajah and Ikoyi my question is where in Lagos are the trees going to be planted?
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
Adrenaline: Why couldn't he leave this one to his[b] commissioner, [/b]why must his name be mentioned in everything!? Bloody glory-seeker
Because those ones will only just embezzle the money......
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by EkoIle1: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2012
Adrenaline: Why couldn't he leave this one to his commissioner, why must his name be mentioned in everything!? Bloody glory-seeker

No, because good leaders lead by example.
Re: Climate Change: Lagos Lists Mitigation Measures - Go Plant A Tree! by nikkyshyne(f): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
nakedall:

Yes, you and your Ogbanje' friends will be hosting meeting under the trees.
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Wears Uniform With Rank Of A Field Marshal As He Commands Army(video) / Southwest Vs South South (which Is More Developed) / Akpabio Lost His Senatorial Seat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.