Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City (6259 Views)

James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital / David Mark Solely Sworn In As A Mark Of Respect / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
isn't it funny that some people judge a state by the CAPITAL CITY alone?someone once made a statement here on nairaland that cross river is a developed state because she visited calabar and saw the beauty there.what is the size of calabar compared to cross river state?same thing i hear about owerri and imo state.reminds me of state i once visited and on just about a km of living the capital city i saw donkeys and human beings struggling for water in a stream.u

2 Likes

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
I would also like to know this myself.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
sometimes one just gets the feeling some people cannot think beyod state capitals like as if villages should remain the way they where 50 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2012
asha 80: isn't it funny that some people judge a state by the CAPITAL CITY alone?someone once made a statement here on nairaland that cross river is a developed state because she visited calabar and saw the beauty there.what is the size of calabar compared to cross river state?same thing i hear about owerri and imo state.reminds me of state i once visited and on just about a km of living the capital city i saw donkeys and human beings struggling for water in a stream.u

Nobody judges a state solely on the capital city except in your imagination. The truth is that in the states that are progressing rapidly, the capital is only the dramatic representation of good development going on in other parts of the state. In Cross River state for instance, many of the rural roads are a beauty to behold. Schools and hospitals are well maintained etc etc. Same trend in Akwa Ibom, Edo, Enugu states etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
rossike some peope do.i did not start thinking about it now.have you heard some people say a state is not developing or developed(infrastructure wise anyway) because much infrastructure work is not going on there?do you think the donkey eg i gave is a joke?moreover the city in question is quite developed by nigerian standards.

1 Like

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2012
Not sure what you're talking about as per donkeys and people ''struggling for water in a stream''. Was there a shortage of water in the ''stream'' or something? You're not making any sense at all with that comment. I think you're just relating your silly prejudices here and nothing else.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by jude33084(m): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
I am just passing cool
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
asha 80: sometimes one just gets the feeling some people cannot think beyod state capitals like as if villages should remain the way they where 50 years ago.

I am with you there. In my state, the surrounding towns and villages have remained in dire need of infrastructural development for the most part but I have read many on here submit that the state is developed because pictures of the capital city and many of the areas occupied by the elite appear developed by Nigerian standards.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
"donkeys and humans struggling for water in a stream" meaning paucity if not absolute absence of amenities(here public taps or boheholes) just a km outside the city.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by BlackPikiN(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
asha 80: isn't it funny that some people judge a state by the CAPITAL CITY alone?someone once made a statement here on nairaland that cross river is a developed state because she visited calabar and saw the beauty there.what is the size of calabar compared to cross river state?same thing i hear about owerri and imo state.reminds me of state i once visited and on just about a km of living the capital city i saw donkeys and human beings struggling for water in a stream.u

You know Imo has more to offer than Owerri.

The SE and most part of the SS is not a one city state.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am with you there. In my state, the surrounding towns and villages have remained in dire need of infrastructural development for the most part but I have read many on here submit that the state is developed because pictures of the capital city and many of the areas occupied by the elite appear developed by Nigerian standards.

First, spare us this your ''by Nigerian standards'' BULLSHIIT. Development IS development, by ANY standards.

Second, give us the name of your state, so we can make a judgement ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by maigaskiya1: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
asha 80: sometimes one just gets the feeling some people cannot think beyod state capitals like as if villages should remain the way they where 50 years ago.
my frnd kan u pls tel ds forum where ure frm nd tel us where in imo state hav u been nd whic part of imo state u saw donkey let alone drinkng frm d same source wit human bengs.am waitng 4ur reply
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Obiagu1(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
mai gaskiya: my frnd kan u pls tel ds forum where ure frm nd tel us where in imo state hav u been nd whic part of imo state u saw donkey let alone drinkng frm d same source wit human bengs.am waitng 4ur reply

I don't think he said the donkey example he gave was in Imo State, did he?
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
asha 80: "donkeys and humans struggling for water in a stream" meaning paucity if not absolute absence of amenities(here public taps or boheholes) just a km outside the city.

That villagers are fetching water from a stream does not imply there is an ''absolute absence of amenities''. Also, could you tell us the NAME of this state, because they are not too many places one goes in Nigeria and sees donkeys... especially ''a km outside the city''. Care to name the city/state or have you forgotten?
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by kaiter: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
Nice post thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by maigaskiya1: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2012
Am frm rivers state nd hav travld virtualy every part of nija.4 asha 2 cm hear nd make a remark of such on imo state shows that hes been bnrd out of a dry pocket ds sunday nd hav no place 2 go.nwerri as a capital,is surounded by wel developd rural areas dat is far more developd dan ur state.namely nekede,egbu.orji,amakhohia,irete,naze,ihiagwa,obimze nd co.none of ds areas drink frm d stream.dy hav pipe born waters or bore holes.so mr sick writer 2dy is sundy if u dnt hav money 2flex cm mak i dash u.na poverty dy wory u

1 Like

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
mai gakiya i am from imo born and brought up in owerri(aladinma to be precise).@blackpikin i know and i schooled in okigwe(fgc).i am also familiar with nguru in mbaise and avutu in obowu.is there anyplace that compare with owerri infrastructure wise in imo( except maybe orange drugs hometown.i cannot remember the name now though i have been there before) .
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2012
ROSSIKE:

First, spare us this your ''by Nigerian standards'' BULLSHIIT. Development IS development, by ANY standards.

Second, give us the name of your state, so we can make a judgement ourselves.

Spare me your brain-farts first!
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Afanna1: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Nobody judges a state solely on the capital city except in your imagination. The truth is that in the states that are progressing rapidly, the capital is only the dramatic representation of good development going on in other parts of the state. In Cross River state for instance, many of the rural roads are a beauty to behold. Schools and hospitals are well maintained etc etc. Same trend in Akwa Ibom, Edo, Enugu states etc.

i like what oshiomhole is doing in edo..i wish he was my state gov... angry
i live in benin city i know Comrade Adams Oshiomole is doing his best..

Some of Gov Adams Oshiomole rural roads in Edo state..

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
BlackPikiN:

You know Imo has more to offer than Owerri.

The SE and most part of the SS is not a one city state.

But on the majority, they are treated as if they are, and that development in that one selected city amounts to state-wide development. And this is not limited to SE states. In the SW, the same methods of measuring/judging is applied by many.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
bia mai gaskiya i never say the donkey issue is in imo.a nwu m onye ara?who does not know where donkeys a are found in the country? In case one wants to know the city was lafia in nassarawa

1 Like

Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by epeul: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
ROSSIKE:

ROSSIKE:

Talk for yourself stop making general statement .
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by maigaskiya1: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2012
Asha 2 show ure a pathological liar tel us geographcaly wic region kan u fnd donkeys nd horses.except d north,idint go bk 2ur doctor 4 brian reprogram.its only in d north wer u se animals nd semi human beings drink frm d same source .evem as dirty as d yorubas dy kant try dat let a alone d ibos
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Obiagu1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2012

I understand what you're saying but we still need villages, though they should have basic infrastructure like good roads (tarred or dirt), electricity, water supply, etc.
There are villages everywhere in North America and some a just one/two city states/provinces.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2012
Obiagu1:

I understand what you're saying but we still need villages, though they should have basic infrastructure like good roads (tarred or dirt), electricity, water supply, etc.
There are villages everywhere in North America and some a just one/two city states/provinces.

You still need villages? As in No clean Water sources, no decent tarred roads, no electricity, no proper drainage Villages, no waste management system in place, no functioning police stations and schools VILLAGES?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What village in North America compares to what Village in Nigeria that you know of?
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Lebee4(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2012
mai gaskiya: my frnd kan u pls tel ds forum where ure frm nd tel us where in imo state hav u been nd whic part of imo state u saw donkey let alone drinkng frm d same source wit human bengs.am waitng 4ur reply
wanted to pass by before but your comment just sound too funny for me to belive.
The OP never mention a particular state where he saw Donkey and human strugling for water which common sense(although not common) should tell you he is not referring to Imo or any of the State he mentioned.
The OP is not far awy from the truth somehow because Abuja is even worse.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by spyder880(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
Apart from the capital cities, almost every state in the south east have at least 4 other developed towns. The south east is a place where people build houses in the village with the first lump sum they make, go and see festive seasons like xmas and see everywhere bubbling. Thats why we like to deepen the developement of other towns apart from the capital city.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by Obiagu1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You still need villages? As in No Water, no decent tarred roads, no proper drainage Villages, no functioning police stations and schools VILLAGES?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked What village in North America compares to what Village in Nigeria that you know of?

I said they should have basic infrastructure that MUST include electricity. Water supply depends the size of the village, here some have no central water supply system and depend on personal boreholes. Roads must not be tarred, there are many untarred but well maintained dirt roads everywhere in North America. You don't waste money tarring roads that are barely used like it's done in most Northern states; that's how resources are managed in North America.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by StarrMatthieu: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
mai gaskiya read before replying@ obiagu i am not not saying that the villages should be turned to urban jungles.what i mean is that basic things public water or borhole as the case may be,good tarred roads within and connecting the villages and even well equiped schools etc.i even prefer this type of setting than the kind of urban settings we have.
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by maigaskiya1: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oky oky oky sory i taugt ure refarng 2 ala owere d custodian of ibo cultrural entaimtanment nd hospitality
Re: Why Judge The Development Of A State Solely On The Capital City by asha80(m): 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2012
spyder880: Apart from the capital cities, almost every state in the south east have at least 4 other developed towns. The south east is a place where people build houses in the village with the first lump sum they make, go and see festive seasons like xmas and see everywhere bubbling. Thats why we like to deepen the developement of other towns apart from the capital city.
if you ask me governors should concetrate at least 70 percent of money meant for infrastructure outside their state capital

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Compels Employees To Take Oath Of Secrecy / Government Sabotage: President Buhari, APC Are Their Own Saboteurs / Breaking News! Police Arrest Suspected Hackers Of INEC Servers In Maitama Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.