Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? (3375 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 7:01am On Jul 17, 2012
macdaddy, in response to ur mundane post, let me ask u a question is the word daddy a noun, verb, pronoun or adverb. dont talk like an illiterate. to u Christianity is a religion. thats okay by me. ure an ignoramus for calling me a deciever, that is also okay by me. go look up the meanin of religion and ask urself if ALL Christians u know behave religious. and as for who we want to decieve, obviously not u becos, right now, in the scope of things that matter, YOU DONT MATTER. so whistle.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: fizeul, i agree wit ur post. u couldnt have said it better. but thats not ALL that goes on in a church. any church. so please rephrase... if u like, that is.

as for the D guy, have YOU been around for 1700yrs? in ur many years of adult life, have u been able to understand anything of import? like what makes up a photon? or how d brain works? or ugly u are yet u have a babe, nd draw breath? dont try to unnestan Christianity. believe by faith first. dats ur only hope.
have you ever considered the fact that there are lots of religion in the world?
do you realise that all these religion claim attachment to a divine being?
do you realise that adherrents of this religion accept them without even understanding what it says?
do you realise that you're a christian only because the ocean allowed access to the south while the muslims are muslims because the deserts allowed access from north african touaregs?
just imagine for a second that christianity went to the north and islam came to the south.
do you now understand why there are so many probabless that make it obnoxious to just "accept by faith"?
rational beings need to understand what they delve into and in the course of trying to understand,you discover numerous anomalies that begs the question,is this really "God's word"?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2012
and macdaddy, i see ure in the habit of askin people to shut up if they have nuffin to say wheras u are so dumb, U should shut up as a favour to ur family at home cos wheneva u open ur mouth, dumb isht spill out.

has it occured to u dat this is now a discussion not just a topic? or u want to put the cuss in discuss? dont even try. read dat Bible verse nd see that Christians can also be dammed.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 7:41am On Jul 17, 2012
delfruta, u make a very valid point and i will answer. i really dont want to start with these words... the Bible makes us understand... i know u have heard those words a thousand times. so i will tell u this- pick any religion and find out what that religion says about "the truth" and seeking it. 2 things will stand out- faith or believe and study or questing. and as for that islam north nd Christian south thing u people keep sayin is played out. think! why do hausas convert to Christianity today? and
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2012
and igbos convert to islam every day? and even atheism. or are u pretending that atheism is not a religion? or u dont know yet? maybe when u become a practising atheist u will find out "the truth".

i am wondering why ur questio is- is it really Gods Word? do u believe in God in the first place? why should u bother about His Word?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by fizeul(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Christianity is a religion. I dont know who you and Skillet want to deceive.

Oga.. I never said christianity is not a religion o.. It is..and so is islam, and others. But if u view these two prominent religions as a way of life, if we adhere to their real doctrines, u'd realize our nature should be similar, we'd see good in everyone, and we'd encourage peace. And erm, no one is tryin to deceive anyone jare, u should have made up ur mind before u start reading na..
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: macdaddy, in response to ur mundane post, let me ask u a question is the word daddy a noun, verb, pronoun or adverb. dont talk like an illiterate. to u Christianity is a religion. thats okay by me. ure an ignoramus for calling me a deciever, that is also okay by me. go look up the meanin of religion and ask urself if ALL Christians u know behave religious. and as for who we want to decieve, obviously not u becos, right now, in the scope of things that matter, YOU DONT MATTER. so whistle.

See this ignoramus? The very fact that someone is a christian means that the person is religious. The belief alone is religious. How someone can say that christianity is not a religion is beyond me.

re·li·gion (r-ljn)
n.
a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship

lol, christianity fits in the very first definition.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
fizeul:
Oga.. I never said christianity is not a religion o.. It is..and so is islam, and others. But if u view these two prominent religions as a way of life, if we adhere to their real doctrines, u'd realize our nature should be similar, we'd see good in everyone, and we'd encourage peace. And erm, no one is tryin to deceive anyone jare, u should have made up ur mind before u start reading na..

Yes, there is good in everyone. However, both christianity and islam are outdated practices that need not be in 21st centuries. They rely on impossibilities (miracles) and logical fallacies (Religions that both had many wars in their beginning calling themselves religions of peace).
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: and macdaddy, i see ure in the habit of askin people to shut up if they have nuffin to say wheras u are so dumb, U should shut up as a favour to ur family at home cos wheneva u open ur mouth, dumb isht spill out.

has it occured to u dat this is now a discussion not just a topic? or u want to put the cuss in discuss? dont even try. read dat Bible verse nd see that Christians can also be dammed.

So you're a christian?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by fizeul(m): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Yes, there is good in everyone. However, both christianity and islam are outdated practices that need not be in 21st centuries. They rely on impossibilities (miracles) and logical fallacies (Religions that both had many wars in their beginning calling themselves religions of peace).

Oga.. I now understand where u stand. Been thinkin in that line sometimes back but discarded the idea. If only u know how much people crave to believe in something, if only u know how much people look up to these religions for hope, u'd discard the idea as well. True, you speak for yourself......how about others?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
fizeul:
Oga.. I now understand where u stand. Been thinkin in that line sometimes back but discarded the idea. If only u know how much people crave to believe in something, if only u know how much people look up to these religions for hope, u'd discard the idea as well. True, you speak for yourself......how about others?

Some people are selfish. Because religion works for them, they ignore all the others that suffer because of the same religion and it's rules.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
mac daddy, i said shut it! how many times will we say, Christianity is a religion? are u in some sort of time loop? CHRISTIANITY IS A RELIGION.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: mac daddy, i said shut it! how many times will we say, Christianity is a religion? are u in some sort of time loop? CHRISTIANITY IS A RELIGION.

lol....finally, the truth!
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by fizeul(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Some people are selfish. Because religion works for them, they ignore all the others that suffer because of the same religion and it's rules.
What exactly is ur point, pls dont be vague..
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
fizeul:
What exactly is ur point, pls dont be vague..

Footballers genuflect and give thanks to God. Oscar winning actors thank God for their oscars. Religious peeps shout "gods will" whenever something good happens to them. What about the not so fortunate? Are they ignored by god?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-0raGlr2Grk4/TvLMm3FgPUI/AAAAAAAAAuI/zSZSaR2C5xY/s1600/399110_282117091840938_213909128661735_900371_1501519552_n.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by fizeul(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
sigh.. Bro.. I'm really sorry.. I cant keep up wit u and how skilfully u change ur line of argument. Its been nice sha.. Have fun..
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
fizeul: sigh.. Bro.. I'm really sorry.. I cant keep up wit u and how skilfully u change ur line of argument. Its been nice sha.. Have fun..

Huh?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
mac, do u think if every body in those poor countries, rich or poor believed in one God that they wuld have problems?

btw, what is ur faith? if u have any...
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Areaboy2(m): 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: mac, do u think if every body in those poor countries, rich or poor believed in one God that they wuld have problems?

So then it is right for them to suffer since the believe in something else ?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: mac, do u think if every body in those poor countries, rich or poor believed in one God that they wuld have problems?

dude,are you alright?so in your warped opinion,those suffering folks suffer because they dont believe in god?are you that shallow?do you have any idea what folks go through in darfur?do you have any idea what folks went through in kosovo,bosnia,armenia,poland,russia,rwanda,burundi,somalia,sierra leone,biafra,ivory coast,indonesia,burma,china,romania,cuba etc?so in your "sagacious" opinion,those folks deserved to suffer because the god that created them enjoyed the scenario of "sinners" screaming and writhing in pain?with all our godmania in nigeria,90% of folks cant afford to eat talkless of shelter or clothing.folks drink from dirty streams every day of the week and still go to church on sunday,then they fall sick,pray for god to heal them,then die and blame satan for it.dude,you need to stop taking whatever drug it is that gives you "highness" and come down to the level of we mere mortals that dont know "GOD"
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by IdiAmin2(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
I read in an earlier post, someone wrote: 'Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life'
Everytime I hear a christian make this stetment I go just dey laugh.
Anytime you tell someone to believe in someone and follow a set of laws and rules, and if you don't the someone who you refuse to believe in will send you to hell forever to burn! There is no way you can dance around this, that is called a RELIGION.

To add to the list:
When you tell a christian of the ugly scenes in the old testament such as God authorising genocide, murder, blood sacrifices etc, I've heard christians claim we are in a new & better covenant, the blood of jesus has done away with the old covenant and we don't have to follow the laws and rules in the old testament. But isn't Malachi 3 also in the old testament and before the blood of jesus was shed? so the blood should have done away with Malachi 3 and tithes as well
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by cyrexx: 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
Or if i may add,
is the old testament God not the father of the new testament Jesus.
Or has Jesus dissociated himself from his own father's actions in the old testament.
I'm just wondering o, i dont mean to offend anybody o.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2012
delfuta, i said u were blind nd you proved it. i said if they all believed in one God. if unbelievers like you, kill their brothers, what do u want God or Christians to do? take a look at those places u mentioned nd u will see that politics or economics caused their problems. not God, not Christians, not u or me. so please grow up nd leave this matter or ask intelligent questions. please.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Areaboy2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
cyrexx: Or if i may add,
is the old testament God not the father of the new testament Jesus.
Or has Jesus dissociated himself from his own father's actions in the old testament.
I'm just wondering o, i dont mean to offend anybody o.

actually trinity makes us believe that they are one. so whatever God d father did in the old testament, thats what Jesus did. He only came in flesh to change the approach he and his dad (which is actually him) had earlier. Hence changing the unchangeable god. lol grin
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: delfuta, i said u were blind nd you proved it. i said if they all believed in one God. if unbelievers like you, kill their brothers, what do u want God or Christians to do? take a look at those places u mentioned nd u will see that politics or economics caused their problems. not God, not Christians, not u or me. so please grow up nd leave this matter or ask intelligent questions. please.
you must be a big buffoon.cant waste my bandwith on straightening because you cant be straightened out.mumufied ignoramuses like you give a bad name to their god.so in your i.diotic opinion,your all-powerful god can do absolutely nothing even when folks who spend their entire life serving him are been butchered.he cant cause a fire from heaven like he did on ordinary rams to help elijah win a s.tupid contest or cause a plague like he did with the egyptians or cause the enemies to fight among themselves like the amalekites.isnt he supposed to be the same yesterday,today and forever?have bis powers suddenly waned?he's probably wary of technological advancement that may repel his chariots back to the stratosphere.
90% of christians in nigeria are in the low class.they strive to eat on the meagre income they make,they pay tithes and offerings,pay firstfruits,sacrifices,pledges,good women dues,galant men contribution and even contribute money for their greedy pastors to buy jets and build universities their children wont be able to attend and sickos like you come on here to say people suffer because they dont believe in god.dude YOU ARE FRIGGING GETTING ON MY FRIGGING NERVES WITH YOUR FRIGGINGLY I.DIOTIC POSTS.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by cyrexx: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
O, it seems his power is only available in our second life where he vows to torture us alive forever in flames.

Powerful god indeed!
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
and if the people suffer, why dont they hold their leaders accountable? Christianity teaches that they enmancipate themselves
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: and if the people suffer, why dont they hold their leaders accountable? Christianity teaches that they enmancipate themselves
which christianity?the one that says if they slap you,give them a horsewhip to beat the daylight out of you?think again
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
delfruitty, i was wondering when u were going to crack grin buh sha, bros, u fall ur hand o. no more arguments? tantrums? i thot irrationality was the sole perogative of "Christians"? please save ur bandwith. if u were in muslim or fascist controled countries, u wuldnt have the liberty of bandwith.

and as for ur vocab? poor. very poor.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2012
haba. where are all the confused atheists? come out to play. cool
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Areaboy2(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: haba. where are all the confused atheists? come out to play. cool

you make me laugh.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
but since ur signature shows dat u laugh in the face of danger are u saying am dangerous or dat u have a medical condition which makes u laugh, EVEN in the face of danger?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / T / How To Overcome Temptations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.