Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (31157 Views)

Beltus Kwene, Cameroonian Soldier That Died Yesterday / Boy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing In A Cameroonian Village (Graphic Pic) / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by sambos994(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
This thread don kolo.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by TerryCarr(m): 5:24am On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 5:26am On Dec 08, 2012
TerryCarr:
most of the people probably live in slums in Abidjan

u can say dat for all the african countries undecided

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by TerryCarr(m): 6:00am On Dec 08, 2012
onila:

u can say dat for all the african countries undecided
true
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by alanmwene: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
onila:

naa stay with yr bantu central Africa. .cameroon leaving CEMAC, its just wrong, considering yr central african=physically, culturally historically

we cant be good partners, u guys fear Nigerian invasion 2 much

u guys cant even allow dangote build his factory in cameroon undecided
so u see, u guys are too stubborn and unnecessarily proud to co-operate
in terms of natural ressources,central africa is 1000times richer than west africa and bantus are the most ingenious and smartest people in africa.with the right leadership,centrak africa will be the richest region in africa.the problems in central africa originated in colonization:we were colonized by the wrong people!Frenchs and belgians brought their wrong ethos(laziness,clientelism,lack of economic dynamism,etc,,,) to central africa.Had congo been colonized by england,congo would ways ways above nigeria today.it is also a fact that white people like west africans more than bantus.The reason being that west africans are easy to manipulate.100% of africans who were used as mercenaries,henchmen,killers,etc...by whites during colonization were west africans.West africans were liked for their lack of morals!99.9% of africans who fought the white man were of bantu origin!Even today in france and belgium,a west african(senegalese,malian,...) has 10times more chances to make it big in the public service than a bantu.But, we shall overcome!
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 5:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
alanmwene:
in terms of natural ressources,central africa is 1000times richer than west africa and bantus are the most ingenious and smartest people in africa.with the right leadership,centrak africa will be the richest region in africa.the problems in central africa originated in colonization:we were colonized by the wrong people!Frenchs and belgians brought their wrong ethos(laziness,clientelism,lack of economic dynamism,etc,,,) to central africa.Had congo been colonized by england,congo would ways ways above nigeria today.it is also a fact that white people like west africans more than bantus.The reason being that west africans are easy to manipulate.100% of africans who were used as mercenaries,henchmen,killers,etc...by whites during colonization were west africans.West africans were liked for their lack of morals!99.9% of africans who fought the white man were of bantu origin!Even today in france and belgium,a west african(senegalese,malian,...) has 10times more chances to make it big in the public service than a bantu.But, we shall overcome!

grin

you are smarter. .ghana is probably the most progressive country in Africa yet they are they west african

with all the resources congo have-you guys are still a shitty country. .a tiny puss..y country like rwanda is able to cause turmoil in a big country like congo.. shame undecided

cameroonians are dying to leave cemac to join less smarter ecowas i guess they are fed up with french puppetry in the region and central african bantu stupiditygrin

there is no prgressive country in central africa
cameroon who claims to be the country with the highest GDP in central africa can only compete with ivory coast in west africa tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by alanmwene: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
onila:

grin

you are smarter. .ghana is probably the most progressive country in Africa yet they are they west african

with all the resources congo have-you guys are still a shitty country. .a tiny puss..y country like rwanda is able to cause turmoil in a big country like congo.. shame undecided

cameroonians are dying to leave cemac to join less smarter ecowas i guess they are fed up with french puppetry in the region and central african bantu stupiditygrin

there is no prgressive country in central africa
cameroon who claims to be the country with the highest GDP in central africa can only compete with ivory coast in west africa tongue undecided

the is a difference between people smartness and bad leadership!many great races and great nations went through situations worse than what congo is exxperiencing!Rasputin,a drunkard,homosexual,pervert ruled russia!Conchini an italian adventurer ruled france!jews are supposedly the smartest people on earth,yet it took them 1000s of years to get their shit right!Even rome failed into destitution thanks to sick and depraved people like nero,caligula,caracala,etc....Italians bankers who civilized englishs(who civilized nigerians) were convinced that englishs were animals,savages unfit for progress,But guess what?England ended up ruling the world!Equatorial guinea is doing way way better than ghana!And nigeria isnt doing that great!I checked nigeria`s state by state GDPs and I was totally disapointed.

lagos:population 10 millions,gdp=30billions.same gdp as botswana that has 1million of people!
And lagos state is the richest state in nigeria!
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: AN IVORIAN TALKING ABOUT CAMEROONIAN GIRLS WTF, THEN THE FOOL SYBELLAH WILL OPEN HER MOUTH HERE
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flyv-FqrmFY

Fool! angry quand tu entends l'accent la ca ressemble a Ivoirien? Nonsense
Now I start doubting about "you having meeting Ivorians" that always try to compare to u in Foot since u can't even tell the accent undecided
Nonsense!

@Onila: judging by his accent, he is not Ivorian, don't know where he is from.
Also I dun even know what he is saying, he speaks too much and I dun really have the patience to listen to him undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
Don't know what wrong with the list i am trying to post, I am gettin banned, gotta find the wrong link undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sysy:

Fool! angry quand tu entends l'accent la ca ressemble a Ivoirien? Nonsense
Now I start doubting about "you having meeting Ivorians" that always try to compare to u in Foot since u can't even tell the accent undecided
Nonsense!

@Onila: judging by his accent, he is not Ivorian, don't know where he is from.
Also I dun even know what he is saying, he speaks too much and I dun really have the patience to listen to him undecided

hes from cameroon
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 10, 2012
onila:

hes from cameroon
learn french he is not Cameroonian..lmao he is ivorian and she knows that.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2012
alanmwene:
inspiring and so true.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by onila(f): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: learn french he is not Cameroonian..lmao he is ivorian and she knows that.
]]

hes from cameroon, dumb, dumb. .i know him
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nayah(f): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
Onila you know I like you so much especially for your dialy exagerations grin "Cameroon is dying to enter in ECOWAS"? which Cameroon are you talking about? Not those I know honey we can't leave CEMAC ( rich and not too many) to enter in a sub region with which we don't share many cultural aspect( maybe a bit with Nigeria) or language.
I like Africa and Africans and I know West Africa( many countries) thank God but I'm not so sure ( in fact I'm sure) that Cameroonians wouldn't have any advantage to enter in this insitution that I pointed as useless like any other sub regional institution in this Continent. Africa needs to fight against many internal issues ( ethnico tribal among them) and those monitored insitutions won't help them. Onila you like talking about "French puppets" but the ECOWAS in which Nigeria is taking part is ruled but this French in case you don' t know grin

But back to the topic every African country has its goods and bads but please leave comparison dear because even Somalia or Sudan got buildings but we all do know what's their "power" level in Africa, and a country is NOT just the capital and that's the problem with you everything is about capital while other regions are totally left, just an example compare North Ivory Coast Odiénné or Séguéla( I've been there) and other village in Equatorial Guinea for or Maroua and Garoua example then we'll discuss
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2012
alanmwene:
the is a difference between people smartness and bad leadership!many great races and great nations went through situations worse than what congo is exxperiencing!Rasputin,a drunkard,homosexual,pervert ruled russia!Conchini an italian adventurer ruled france!jews are supposedly the smartest people on earth,yet it took them 1000s of years to get their shit right!Even rome failed into destitution thanks to sick and depraved people like nero,caligula,caracala,etc....Italians bankers who civilized englishs(who civilized nigerians) were convinced that englishs were animals,savages unfit for progress,But guess what?England ended up ruling the world!Equatorial guinea is doing way way better than ghana!And nigeria isnt doing that great!I checked nigeria`s state by state GDPs and I was totally disapointed.

lagos:population 10 millions,gdp=30billions.same gdp as botswana that has 1million of people!
And lagos state is the richest state in nigeria!
lagos has no land and natural resources unlike botswana. The lagos economy is fueled completely by man power.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by igbo2011(m): 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
Why has Biya been president for so long? Who's interests does he serve.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by igbo2011(m): 2:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Also why is it that many cameroonians I only speak English and French but no African dialect? Also why is it most cameroonians go by their French name and not their African name? Do Europeans go by African names and not their European names?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2012
[q whicjuote author=igbo2011]Also why is it that many cameroonians I only speak English and French but no African dialect? Also why is it most cameroonians go by their French name and not their African name? Do Europeans go by African names and not their European names? [/quote] which Cameroonian language do u know nd understand? If they speak when u r here nd dnt understand wont u complain and say its rude?
As for the name every Cameroonian has his African name unfortunately not the same with the first name but there is a reason ,the BANTU who constitue the majority) never had first name they used to double the last name eg: lua will become lualua etc.
I dnt know whats you mean by french name there is a variety of first name out there coming from the western not only from french nd i think it is due to the invasion/colonization where those western destructed our cultures and identity.but i doubt Camwroonian nd Cameroon have the exclusivity on this serious issue..
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 13, 2012
igbo2011: Why has Biya been president for so long? Who's interests does he serve.
long story.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:12am On Dec 13, 2012
lol, you guys have started with the West Africa vs. Central Africa nonsense again. . .
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:14am On Dec 13, 2012
alanmwene:
in terms of natural ressources,central africa is 1000times richer than west africa and bantus are the most ingenious and smartest people in africa.with the right leadership,centrak africa will be the richest region in africa.the problems in central africa originated in colonization:we were colonized by the wrong people!Frenchs and belgians brought their wrong ethos(laziness,clientelism,lack of economic dynamism,etc,,,) to central africa.Had congo been colonized by england,congo would ways ways above nigeria today. it is also a fact that white people like west africans more than bantus.The reason being that west africans are easy to manipulate.100% of africans who were used as mercenaries,henchmen,killers,etc...by whites during colonization were west africans.West africans were liked for their lack of morals!99.9% of africans who fought the white man were of bantu origin!Even today in france and belgium,a west african(senegalese,malian,...) has 10times more chances to make it big in the public service than a bantu.But, we shall overcome!

grin grin grin

You can't be serious. This entire paragraph is so absurd. grin
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by igbo2011(m): 2:25am On Dec 13, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: [q whicjuote author=igbo2011]Also why is it that many cameroonians I only speak English and French but no African dialect? Also why is it most cameroonians go by their French name and not their African name? Do Europeans go by African names and not their European names? which Cameroonian language do u know nd understand? If they speak when u r here nd dnt understand wont u complain and say its rude?
As for the name every Cameroonian has his African name unfortunately not the same with the first name but there is a reason ,the BANTU who constitue the majority) never had first name they used to double the last name eg: lua will become lualua etc.
I dnt know whats you mean by french name there is a variety of first name out there coming from the western not only from french nd i think it is due to the invasion/colonization where those western destructed our cultures and identity.but i doubt Camwroonian nd Cameroon have the exclusivity on this serious issue..

All my friendswho are Cameroonian go by a French name. I have Nigerians who go by Igbo Yoruba, etc name but I have yet to see a Cameroonian who goes by their African name. I eeven ask my cameroonian friends if they speak their native tongue and none of them do. Only English and French. Some rather learn Spanish, Chinese, Japanese before their mother tongue. Is it due to Christianity. I know most of my friends who are Nigerian go by their Christian or Muslim names.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nayah(f): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
PhysicsQED: lol, you guys have started with the West Africa vs. Central Africa nonsense again. . .

Definetely agree
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
igbo2011:

All my friendswho are Cameroonian go by a French name. I have Nigerians who go by Igbo Yoruba, etc name but I have yet to see a Cameroonian who goes by their African name. I eeven ask my cameroonian friends if they speak their native tongue and none of them do. Only English and French. Some rather learn Spanish, Chinese, Japanese before their mother tongue. Is it due to Christianity. I know most of my friends who are Nigerian go by their Christian or Muslim names.
what do yo mean by who don't go by his African name ? like you asked them and they refused to tell you? when i first meet someone i don't give him my last name na waaa ooo? i have to know you before giving u my family name.
where do you live? an those Cameroonians , they were bred an raised in Europe or in Cameroon? undecided
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2012
PhysicsQED: lol, you guys have started with the West Africa vs. Central Africa nonsense again. . .

no ivory coast vs Cameroon
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2012
PhysicsQED:

grin grin grin

You can't be serious. This entire paragraph is so absurd. grin
i don't totally agree with the form but he is not totally wrong it is a fact that britain and germans are more liberal they don't try to put a hand on everything in their former colony , every time an ex french colony want to change their currency or diversify their partners french kill the president or do everything to jeopardize it. even back in the colonization time both county were different in their colony management britain used the indirect rule while french used the direct rule.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by igbo2011(m): 12:10am On Dec 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: what do yo mean by who don't go by his African name ? like you asked them and they refused to tell you? when i first meet someone i don't give him my last name na waaa ooo? i have to know you before giving u my family name.
where do you live? an those Cameroonians , they were bred an raised in Europe or in Cameroon? undecided

At the moment I am in AMerica. SOme were born and raised in Camerroon, some born and raised in France, and some born and raised in America. All of them go by their French names.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2012
igbo2011:

At the moment I am in AMerica. SOme were born and raised in Camerroon, some born and raised in France, and some born and raised in America. All of them go by their French names.
french first name you mean? cause i really don't know any Cameroonian with a french name. anyway it is sad undecided but like i said i only give my last name(family name ) to friends ,at school and when i have to fill a form undecided.
could you give me an example of those french names please?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 21, 2012
igbo2011: Why has Biya been president for so long? Who's interests does he serve.

exactly.
i don't like the guy. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Ukraine war: NATO will respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons - Biden / Angela Merkel Wins German Election / Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.