Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (31159 Views)

Beltus Kwene, Cameroonian Soldier That Died Yesterday / Boy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing In A Cameroonian Village (Graphic Pic) / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
YAOUNDE

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
ekt_bear: nice thread.
thanks bro it's far from the big cities of nigeria but what do you think about yaounde
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
just love my hometown and my country

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
ONGOLA(OTHER OF YAOUNDE IN EWONDO LANGUAGE WHICH MEANS BARRIER/FENCE....THE CENTER AND HIS CAPITAL "YAOUNDE/ONGOLA" is THE HOMETOWN OF EWONDO

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
YAOUNDE

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by dayokanu(m): 8:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
What are the popular local languages in cameroun
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yeske!:
Why is Paul Biya still in power after so many years and what are you guys doing about it?
Is it true that Anglo-Cameroun is being discriminated against?
Why is your currency CFA still tied to Euro via the French franc, does it mean you guys are incapable of maintaining your monetary system?
All for now.
that's false Anglophone are not discriminated we just don't understand each other...they want to keep their region for them and still block any development ... they make quotas in their university and school of medicine..when they are allowed to school in francophone schools without any restrictions...you can't ask the population to love each other 100 %...but the government is doint the best to keep everything fair....unfortunately for them they don't want to be involved in the music and movie industry...so they are not very represented ....and they dress bad with no taste so people are joking and laughing about them....and they say we think that we are superior which is wrong they just dress very bad
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu: What are the popular local languages in cameroun
CAMEROON IS DIVIDE IN 10 regions so :

1) FAR NORTH, NORTH & ADAMAWA: THEY TALK FUFULDE

2)CENTER & SOUTH: EWONDO

3) WEST& LITTORAL : Bamileke & Duala9littoral is the hometow of duala people however they are outnumbered by others ethnicity especially bamileke and they are now a minority in their own land) note that Douala is the greatest city of Cameroon and Bamileke are traders etc with the port there it was inevitable .....by the way Douala love to go in french(with their i can die without going to mbeng/panam(france)
4) the others regions which are south west north west and east..are constitued of minority which speak their languages but unfortunately are not very popular ..so they will speak Ewondo which is most of the time the lingua franca
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
YAOUNDE

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
yaounde. OKAY WE WILL TOP THERE FOR YAOUNDE>>>OR WE WILL NEVER FINISH...

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by not2long(m): 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
hey cameroon pride, i insist u post pics of ur ghettos
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Yeske2(m): 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: that's false Anglophone are not discriminated we just don't understand each other...they want to keep their region for them and still block any development ... they make quotas in their university and school of medicine..when they are allowed to school in francophone schools without any restrictions...you can't ask the population to love each other 100 %...but the government is doint the best to keep everything fair....unfortunately for them they don't want to be involved in the music and movie industry...so they are not very represented ....and they dress bad with no taste so people are joking and laughing about them....and they say we think that we are superior which is wrong they just dress very bad
I'm sure an Anglo-Cameroonian will see this post in bad taste----tu les détestes but what about my third question?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by dasparrow: 12:39am On Jul 18, 2012
not2long: hey cameroon pride, i insist u post pics of ur ghettos

Who is this one? angry

Please don't destroy this beautiful thread. What do you intend to gain by seeing the slumps/ghettos of Cameroon? Just look around our beloved Nigeria and you will see enough ghettos to last you a life time. Even here in america, there are some ghetto areas and run down neighborhoods in almost all if not all their major cities. So kindly stop with the negativity and enjoy the thread.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by dasparrow: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: just love my hometown and my country

That is good and you definitely should love your country/hometown because Cameroon is the only country you've got.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by dasparrow: 1:07am On Jul 18, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: the finest,sexiest, most beautiful , they got style and taste, well mannered the best among the best in Africa....move here and make your move.....especially if you talk french...however you have to know some cameroonian customs and act cameroonian they hardly date non-cameroonian except when they are abroad..

Very nice! I am impressed with your response Cameroonpride. If it were my fellow compatriots (the Nigerian males) that one asked such a question about Nigerian females, they will run our females down with their bad mouth and say all sorts of unkind things about them. Makes you wonder if they have no Nigerian mothers, grandmothers, sisters, female cousins, and nieces to make them spew so much hate from their mouths or keyboards rather. Sexism/misogyny continues to be a big problem in Nigerian society along with our ever present tribalism, corruption and religious fanaticism.

Overall, good job with the pictures and how you have politely answered all the questions you have been asked. Yaounde looks nice and Cameroon seems like a beautiful country. I have some more questions:

1. What part of Cameroon is her excellency Mrs Biya from? I ask because Mrs Biya looks mixed like someone who has a black and white parent. She does not have that typical African look if you know what I mean.

2. What are some of your local delicacies? In other words, what are some of your popular Cameroonian dishes? Can you post some pictures of those?

Once again, good job!

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 18, 2012
Yeske!:
I'm sure an Anglo-Cameroonian will see this post in bad taste----tu les détestes but what about my third question?
i do not hate them...je ne les deteste pas....but some anglophones(a minority) refuse to see Cameroon as one .i will never fight a cameroonin or such a ridiculous reason: they speak another foreign language.......sincerely francophne are the majority and anglophone the minority however they are not discriminated ......In their school they uotas anglophone first,theri chairmaan are always anglophone,our Prime minister is always an anglophone(mutual accord)..... another problem let's say they yoruba become the largest ethnicity in Nigeia...they make movies ,shows,they have shops..etc of course in their movies they will represent yoruba culture ..if yoruba spoke russian ..they will of couse use russian in their shop and movies...and if you want to enjoy you will learn russian...unfortunately anglophone don't do that not only they dislike french but they do nothing to make their culture known by the rest of cameroonians ...others ethnicity have accepted that we are one ...they should do the same and start developing their region....another example they have factories but nothing to entertain the population ...this is why nobody want to go their their towns are clean ....cool but boring...if you want to open a night club they refuse, a rotisserie they refuse.....their reason you want to come here to dominate them and they don't want french things.....je ne les deteste pas ......fortunately it's only a minority who disturb others are becoming very open mind....for your third question unfortunately i'm not an economist...but most of them are for our own currency they keep writing documents etc to the authority....politic is complex game ...the one who keep us with those french has his benefits....but our economy is not weak .....it's very diversify and our strategic position allow us to be the food basket of Cenral Africa.......
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 18, 2012
Yeske!:
i do not hate them...je ne les deteste pas....but some anglophones(a minority) refuse to see Cameroon as one .i will never fight a cameroonin or such a ridiculous reason: they speak another foreign language.......sincerely francophne are the majority and anglophone the minority however they are not discriminated ......In their school they uotas anglophone first,theri chairmaan are always anglophone,our Prime minister is always an anglophone(mutual accord)..... another problem let's say they yoruba become the largest ethnicity in Nigeia...they make movies ,shows,they have shops..etc of course in their movies they will represent yoruba culture ..if yoruba spoke russian ..they will of couse use russian in their shop and movies...and if you want to enjoy you will learn russian...unfortunately anglophone don't do that not only they dislike french but they do nothing to make their culture known by the rest of cameroonians ...others ethnicity have accepted that we are one ...they should do the same and start developing their region....another example they have factories but nothing to entertain the population ...this is why nobody want to go their their towns are clean ....cool but boring...if you want to open a night club they refuse, a rotisserie they refuse.....their reason you want to come here to dominate them and they don't want french things.....je ne les deteste pas ......fortunately it's only a minority who disturb others are becoming very open mind
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 18, 2012
dasparrow:

Very nice! I am impressed with your response Cameroonpride. If it were my fellow compatriots (the Nigerian males) that one asked such a question about Nigerian females, they will run our females down with their bad mouth and say all sorts of unkind things about them. Makes you wonder if they have no Nigerian mothers, grandmothers, sisters, female cousins, and nieces to make them spew so much hate from their mouths or keyboards rather. Sexism/misogyny continues to be a big problem in Nigerian society along with our ever present tribalism, corruption and religious fanaticism.

Overall, good job with the pictures and how you have politely answered all the questions you have been asked. Yaounde looks nice and Cameroon seems like a beautiful country. I have some more questions:

1. What part of Cameroon is her excellency Mrs Biya from? I ask because Mrs Biya looks mixed like someone who has a black and white parent. She does not have that typical African look if you know what I mean.

2. What are some of your local delicacies? In other words, what are some of your popular Cameroonian dishes? Can you post some pictures of those?

Once again, good job!
1) S.E BIYA is 100% Cameroonian a pure Cameroonian ....he is from the South Region especially Mvomeka'a .....typicall look lmao....nahh he is Cameroonian and may are even lighter than him..however his wife is half Cameroonian hal-french(father)

@) some are ndole/okok/ etc...okay before douala i will post our local dishes pics
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by not2long(m): 9:49am On Jul 18, 2012
dasparrow:

Who is this one? angry

Please don't destroy this beautiful thread. What do you intend to gain by seeing the slumps/ghettos of Cameroon? Just look around our beloved Nigeria and you will see enough ghettos to last you a life time. Even here in america, there are some ghetto areas and run down neighborhoods in almost all if not all their major cities. So kindly stop with the negativity and enjoy the thread.
mr sparrow, please ask your question and i ask mine, he has been saying things good about his country and he should be brave enough to give us some pictures about the bad things about his country,unless he wants to tell me everything is perfect in Cameroon
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
not2long:
mr sparrow, please ask your question and i ask mine, he has been saying things good about his country and he should be brave enough to give us some pictures about the bad things about his country,unless he wants to tell me everything is perfect in Cameroon
that was not the point of this thread ...the title is ask a cameroonian...if your question is do you have ghetto? i will say no.. do you have poor quarters? :yes...slum yes in those quarters which are formed anarchically and therefore cannot be reached by HYSACAM(hygiene &salubrite du Cameroun).....now if you want to see some pics google it ...i don't have pic of slums in my comp....

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
@Dasparrow there are too much food...in Cameroon i have +2000 pics i can't upload all there so i will put some....randomly ...after that i will put a link for you it's a Cameroonian facebook page...about our local food....presented by a woman ...she put everything how to do sometimes with videos...i suggest you to take a look at this page if you are very interested.......now here come to food this is why we would have wiped your army cause we eat healthy ...a diner in the average family is like a feast ..enjoy your meal
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
WE EAT WE EAT COME EAT WITH US

1 Share

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
still hungry follow me....

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
you must chop if you want to grow well

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
when you think it's finish when you think there is no more food.....but there is still to eat

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
ZA DI (come eat in EWONDO)

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Yujin(m): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2012
Nice pix of the dishes you've got. Hope they taste nice as well! That greenish soup in the first pix, what is called?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
Yujin: Nice pix of the dishes you've got. Hope they taste nice as well! That greenish soup in the first pix, what is called?
They taste very nice .. cameroonians girls/boys are good cordon bleu...the green soup is called...NKENLENKELE
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2012
my comp bug so i will continue with Douala tomorrow ..... her we go

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 10, 2012
to be continue

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 10, 2012
douala again

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 10, 2012
DOUALA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Ukraine war: NATO will respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons - Biden / Russian Plane Crashes On Its Way To Syria. 9 Journalists, 83 Others Aboard / Angela Merkel Wins German Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.