Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane (34854 Views)

IBB Opens Up On Dele Giwa's Death & 159 Officers On Crashed Plane / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:29am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

So stopping your car in the middle of the road,impeding the flow of traffic and causing a reckless or dangerous situation, is right in your retardeddd mind?

Fashola is just as guilty as the officer
Now now now. lets troubleshoot. I knew there was a problem somewhere, either your lens have failed or the entire left lobe of your head has. The Governor was caught up in traffic like everyother person DUH! THere's a picture to prove it.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2012
eghost247:
Nobody is Above the law

But stopping your car in the middle of the road impeding free flow of traffic and causing accidents and a slew of missed appointments and lateness is perfectly acceptable if you are the governor?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by malc619(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

SO it is wrong to grant those Military officers, who are willing and ready to defend our failed country with their lives, just a little privilege like driving on an empty BRT lane . . . is that too much to ask for? Too much privilege to grant these officers? Really?

Some of these soldiers are worse than agberos. They lack discipline and show utter disregard for law and order. Good one BRF. Show those "Bloody Military Men" who the "Boss" is in Lagos..

Nobody is above the law, NO, not even some Beasts in Uniform...

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 12:35am On Jul 18, 2012
wesley80: Now now now. lets troubleshoot. I knew there was a problem somewhere, either your lens have failed or the entire left lobe of your head has. The Governor was caught up in traffic like everyother person DUH! THere's a picture to prove it.

Are we looking at the same thing? There was no traffic ahead of him. What he did by stopping in the middle of the road was to make an already bad situation worse for many an innocent commuter. There is no excuse for his error in judgment. He could have written the officers plate numbers down and then report them to their superiors. There is no point making a show out of what would turn out to be a non-issue. The BRT lane was empty and the officers are upstanding members of the society, a little privilege here and there for these patriotic men will not kill the governor and his corrupt entourage.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by malc619(m): 12:44am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

Are we looking at the same thing? There was no traffic ahead of him. What he did by stopping in the middle of the road was to make an already bad situation worse for many an innocent commuter. There is no excuse for his error in judgment. He could have written the officers plate numbers down and then report them to their superiors. There is no point making a show out of what would turn out to be a non-issue. The BRT lane was empty and the officers are upstanding members of the society, a little privilege here and there for these patriotic men will not kill the governor and his corrupt entourage.

F O O L.....y is it so hard to get this simple fact into ur POO-Filled Brain.
Soldiers cannot and will never ßξ above the laws of the land
The stupid-uniformed-swine broke a law and should face the "music"....

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 18, 2012
Fasola is a good leader.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by manny4life(m): 12:49am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

SO it is right for him to break several laws on the other lane because he wanted to catch a law breaker on the BRT lane?

How do you mean break several laws? In what world do you live in?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 12:49am On Jul 18, 2012
I hate to argue blindly but the problem here is the point you guys are trying to make- ''Humility and "Nobody is above the law syndrome"

1.''He was caught up in traffic and seeing a military man accelerating his 406 at a steady uninterrupted speed on another lane got him angry''

. . . assuming the man driving was Asiwaju Tinubu, what do you think would have happened?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

[quote author=antitpiah] Like I said, the Governor was caught up in traffic like every other person. There couldn't have been more than a 10 or 20yard distance if any existed in front of his vehicle so there shouldn't be any talk of worsening any situation. In any case, his greatest achievement in doing this is the MESSAGE he has clearly sent out - zero tolerance to lawlessness. Now tell me, would that have been accomplished if he'd taken down his number in the comfy of his jeep? And lest I forget, are military officers more upstanding than Governors?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 18, 2012
Lol. Very embarrassing. But I hope Fashola would also arrest Tinubu, because I know that frog-eyed thief also violates the BRT lane restriction at will.

By the way, I find the Colonel's reaction quite funny, but refreshing at the same time. Nice to see the Colonel saluting Fashola. . .it shows that he recognises and respects civilian authority in a constitutional democracy; very symbolic. Usually, in this country, the only civilian that his type can salute is the Commander-In-Chief.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by wesley80(m): 12:56am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: I hate to argue blindly but the problem here is the point you guys are trying to make- ''Humility and "Nobody is above the law syndrome"

1.''He was caught up in traffic and seeing a military man accelerating his 406 at a steady uninterrupted speed on another lane got him angry''

. . . assuming the man driving was Asiwaju Tinubu, what do you think would have happened?
Then tell us you've seen him allow Tinubu have a free ride on the BRT lane lets condemn him for his hypocrisy - Have you?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by jmaine: 1:01am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: in own too much self abeg. .e just carry government and Lagos for head like say na him property.

We dey call am passion . . .sub -consciously, all those Danfo drivers wey feel say na them dey build road give, go give themselve plenty brain in respecting traffic rules

Fash the man . . .i gbadun this ya James Bond parol grin . . .

Correct one . . .

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 1:04am On Jul 18, 2012
jmaine:

We dey call am passion . . .sub -consciously, all those Danfo drivers wey feel say na them dey build road give, go give themselve plenty brain in respecting traffic rules

Fash the man . . .i gbadun this ya James Bond parol grin . . .

Correct one . . .

Thank God he still has his life intact . . . he might not be this lucky next time. I hope he learns his lessons. He is not a police officer, it is not his job to arrest law breakers
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 1:05am On Jul 18, 2012
Eko Ile: Keywords>>>

How many leaders obey traffic laws, sits in traffic without sirens or mopol just like the average man?

You and your leaders have a lot to learn from this man...

what are you trying to prove with this?
Humility? or
Nobody is above the law?

If its Humility, then I'll answer your question
How many state governors can buy corn by the road side without any protocol? Fayose of Ekiti did and even more like driving public buses a.ka. Akoto around Ado town. But what can you say about him today?

Never let a governor foo.l you by being humble.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by malc619(m): 1:07am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: I hate to argue blindly but the problem here is the point you guys are trying to make- ''Humility and "Nobody is above the law syndrome"

Another Toad in da House.....
Read below and let's see if ur brain wakes up...
F O O L.....y is it so hard to get this simple fact into ur POO-Filled Brain.

Soldiers cannot and will never ßξ above the laws of the land

The silly-uniformed-swine broke a law and should face the "music"..

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by jmaine: 1:09am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

Thank God he still has his life intact . . . he might not be this lucky next time. I hope he learns his lessons. He is not a police officer, it is not his job to arrest law breakers

He made a far reaching public statement with those Military officers about the need to obeying civic laws . . .cos even he, as the No 1 citizen of the state respected the law

@ The police angle . .who be that police wey go get liver wan go arrest on their own . . .Na correct brushing dem go take do them send off grin .
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by EkoIle1: 1:12am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis:

what are you trying to prove with this?
Humility? or
Nobody is above the law?

If its Humility, then I'll answer your question
How many state governors can buy corn by the road side without any protocol? Fayose of Ekiti did and even more like driving public buses a.ka. Akoto around Ado town. But what can you say about him today?

Never let a governor foo.l you by being humble.

You are pretty much worthless and don't mean shittttt to me or the good people of Lagos state so go and bother those who are into your type of idiocy....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 1:19am On Jul 18, 2012
jmaine:

He made a far reaching public statement with those Military officers about the need to obeying civic laws . . .cos even he, as the No 1 citizen of the state respected the law

@ The police angle . .who be that police wey go get liver wan go arrest on their own . . .Na correct brushing dem go take do them send off grin .

. . .By stopping in the middle of the road impeding free flow of traffic and causing dangerous situation on the road? I thinketh not. In my book he is a law breaker, just as guilty as the patriotic officer on the empty BRT lane.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by serrajay(m): 3:12am On Jul 18, 2012
Is Fashola now a LASTMA official? or is He just after his BRT bus revenue
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:31am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: in own too much self abeg. .e just carry government and Lagos for head like say na him property.

If Jonathan and PDP could carry Nigeria for head the way Fashola carry Lagos for head

Someone like you will not be jobless while also typing bad English for the world to see that you are a product of failed system.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Blyss: 3:38am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

SO it is wrong to grant those Military officers, who are willing and ready to defend our failed country with their lives, just a little privilege like driving on an empty BRT lane . . . is that too much to ask for? Too much privilege to grant these officers? Really?

Yes it is. There are no exceptions to law and order. An American military officer will have his azz arrested and disciplined just as any other if they are caught breaking the law. A man should not be rewarded with the right to break the law of the land, for simply doing their job in which they willing signed up for. That would be preposterous.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by EkoIle1: 3:48am On Jul 18, 2012
serrajay: Is Fashola now a LASTMA official? or is He just after his BRT bus revenue

I know some of you spew your rubbish just to get a rise, but you clowns end up sounding like deranged loonies and disgrace to humanity.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:53am On Jul 18, 2012
BRF you try - arrangee performance. i take that road everyday and I still see Military and Private Cars on the BRT lane, some LASTMA big guns also take the BRT lane getting a full five-finger salute from LASTMA officers grin grin grin good show sha
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by dayokanu(m): 4:29am On Jul 18, 2012
With comments on this thread, can we safely say It would be hard for the country to get better

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by emiye(m): 4:37am On Jul 18, 2012
Long years of military rule has eroded the right thought process of an average nigerian.

Good job Fashola !

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by nduchucks: 4:43am On Jul 18, 2012
Some Nigerians are jokers! Fashola did not arrest anyone, if anything, he caused a massive traffic jam which resulted in millions of naira in lost revenues related to productivity losses enabled by Fashola's gustapo activities. I'm not sure you people know the meaning of arrest. BTW which law did Fashola break by stopping his convoy in heavy traffic? Isn't that a lawless act as well?

This stunt reminds me of those of American rappers, just before they drop CDs. I suspect Fashola's new PR firm will get a bonus for setting this one up.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by IfyUgeh: 4:51am On Jul 18, 2012
He might have caused a traffic jam but he did the right thing. In other countries have u heard of military officers flouting rules n regulations? This action serves to check one's sense of responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 5:37am On Jul 18, 2012
ndu_chucks: Some Nigerians are jokers! Fashola did not arrest anyone, if anything, he caused a massive traffic jam which resulted in millions of naira in lost revenues related to productivity losses enabled by Fashola's gustapo activities. I'm not sure you people know the meaning of arrest. BTW which law did Fashola break by stopping his convoy in heavy traffic? Isn't that a lawless act as well?

This stunt reminds me of those of American rappers, just before they drop CDs. I suspect Fashola's new PR firm will get a bonus for setting this one up.

I can't believe the things i read sometimes!

Come here in a week, and you will see individuals like this and acidosis raising hell banners on why Nigeria is hell bent on the path to hell!

Nigerians are often born and raised without moral standards, and becoming naturally lawless. It now becomes laughable when these lawless individuals turn around to blame leaders for the country's many woes. If you want a better Nigeria, you must first be a better Nigerian, why is that even hard to understand?

Theoretically, millions of naira may have been lost in productivity, but the law, which is priceless, was enforced at that point in time. I can't see why any Nigerian with good intentions for the country will oppose such an action. What gave the military officer the right to drive on the wrong side of the road? Does he have a different Nigerian passport?

Nigerian men in uniform are known to often behave as though the law doesn't apply to them. Little wonder you have cases of battering and killings perpetuated by these people and times without number, get away without impunity. Someone has got to restore order!!!

I wonder if you will also repeat your nonsensical statement about the heavy traffic, if the governor had stopped to intervene in the case of a public member getting assaulted by the men in Uniform?

9 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by nduchucks: 5:55am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

I can't believe the things i read sometimes!

Come here in a week, and you will see individuals like this and acidosis raising hell banners on why Nigeria is hell bent on the path to hell!

Nigerians are often born and raised without moral standards, and becoming naturally lawless. It now becomes laughable when these lawless individuals turn around to blame leaders for the country's many woes. If you want a better Nigeria, you must first be a better Nigerian, why is that even hard to understand?

Theoretically, millions of naira may have been lost in productivity, but the law, which is priceless, was enforced at that point in time. I can't see why any Nigerian with good intentions for the country will oppose such an action. What gave the military officer the right to drive on the wrong side of the road? Does he have a different Nigerian passport?

Nigerian men in uniform are known to often behave as though the law doesn't apply to them. Little wonder you have cases of battering and killings perpetuated by these people and times without number, get away without impunity. Someone has got to restore order!!!

I wonder if you will also repeat your nonsensical statement about the heavy traffic, if the governor had stopped to intervene in the case of a public member getting assaulted by the men in Uniform?

I honestly don't give a damn about your moral standards. I will state however that, most of what you wrote up there is not rocket science and is really common knowledge. Only a dullard will believe that there is no value in law enforcement.

Your rants however cannot rob me of my right to express my opinion. I maintain that this act by Fashola will not have any long lasting effect on the behavior of the people who break BRT rules. If you do not share my opinion that Fashola's act in this case is nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt, that's your own cup of tea.

Our law enforcement agencies can do better than this one off crap by Fashola. Fashola has no business personally enforcing traffic rules, why breach your own security protocol for cheap publicity? undecided
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by umechuma: 6:06am On Jul 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I honestly don't give a damn about your moral standards. I will state however that, most of what you wrote up there is not rocket science and is really common knowledge. Only a dullard will believe that there is no value in law enforcement.

Your rants however cannot rob me of my right to express my opinion. I maintain that this act by Fashola will not have any long lasting effect on the behavior of the people who break BRT rules. If you do not share my opinion that Fashola's act in this case is nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt, that's your own cup of tea.

Our law enforcement agencies can do better than this one off crap by Fashola. Fashola has no business personally enforcing traffic rules, why breach your own security protocol for cheap publicity? undecided
Aboki na Aboki come rain,come sunshine.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Abdeyaz: 6:14am On Jul 18, 2012

http://badb-carding-services-ukraine.2299435.n4.nabble.com/

WE WILL HELP YOU MAKE MONEY!!

THINKING OF D+P ? DON'T BELIEVE YOU COULD GET SOME? DON'T WORRY TRY US

ATM DEBIT CARD POWER IS ME!!

EXPENSIVE WITH GREAT QUALITY!! cheesy

NOTE :Only OTR chat or Fuckoff!

ICQ NUMBER 313804492-- ONLY SUPPORT

ICQ Number 606870912--ONLY
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by nduchucks: 6:17am On Jul 18, 2012
umechuma:
Aboki na Aboki come rain,come sunshine.

I'm sure you know that "Aboki na" translates to "My Friend". You too are my friend, rain or shine. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

President Bola Tinubu Welcomes Senate President Godswill Akpabio To The Villa / Group Faults Urhobo Inclusion In Biafra Map / IPOB Asaba Gave Nnamdi Kanu A Portrait & Title Of 'OJI IGODO BIAFRA'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.