Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane (34576 Views)

IBB Opens Up On Dele Giwa's Death & 159 Officers On Crashed Plane / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 6:34am On Jul 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I honestly don't give a damn about your moral standards. I will state however that, most of what you wrote up there is not rocket science and is really common knowledge. Only a dullard will believe that there is no value in law enforcement.

Your rants however cannot rob me of my right to express my opinion. I maintain that this act by Fashola will not have any long lasting effect on the behavior of the people who break BRT rules. If you do not share my opinion that Fashola's act in this case is nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt, that's your own cup of tea.

Our law enforcement agencies can do better than this one off crap by Fashola. Fashola has no business personally enforcing traffic rules, why breach your own security protocol for cheap publicity? undecided

I don't give a crap about Publicity stunt!....I want to see scapegoats! I want to see SCAPEGOATS!!!!

If more Publicity stunts will make some otherwise invincible folks with self conferred immunity, scapegoats, then that works for me. I say yes to more stunts please! It may not have a long lasting effect, but it does send out signals that this isn't a jungle just yet.

Everyone has a responsibility on enforcing law and order, traffic or not!...If is see someone being ra[i]p[/i]ed, i'd step in if i can, not wait for the Police. It is this crap "not my job" mentality that keeps pushing this country down the pit!....more is expected from you (even much more if you are educated and sensible) than folding your arms and expecting others to build your country for you.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by naptu2: 6:37am On Jul 18, 2012
In 2008 he arrested an Air Force officer and a foreigner who were driving against traffic flow on Victoria Island. Last year he facilitated the arrest of a soldier who drove on the BRT lane at Anthony and was resisting arrest.

In 2008 he made a pledge to LASTMA that he would assist them in arresting violators of traffic laws. For this reason, there's usually a LASTMA vehicle in his motorcade.

Law enforcement officials (the governor is the chief security officer of the state) often break laws while trying to enforce the law. It is for this reason, for example, that policemen will drive against traffic flow while pursuing armed robbers.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by nduchucks: 6:44am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

I don't give a crap about Publicity stunt!....I want to see scapegoats!

If more Publicity stunts will make some otherwise invincible folks with self conferred immunity from the long arm of the law , scapegoats, then that works for me!

More stunts please!

I'm with you on the bolded, but I'd prefer that the governor puts effective enforcement mechanisms in place to achieve the objective. Having the Governor himself personally enforcing traffic laws is a sign of failure.

@naptu, I'm with you as well, but for goodness sake, the governor should not be out in the streets issuing citations for traffic violations.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by naptu2: 6:48am On Jul 18, 2012
Usually the scenario is that he is on his way to an event, etc, when he comes across someone breaking the law and he takes action. That is the duty of every citizen, not just law enforcement officers (citizen's arrest). This incident occurred very close to Lagos House Marina (the governor's residence) and was probably captured by the state house press corps.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I'm with you on the bolded, but I'd prefer that the governor puts effective enforcement mechanisms in place to achieve the objective. Having the Governor himself personally enforcing traffic laws is a sign of failure.

@naptu, I'm with you as well, but for goodness sake, the governor should not be out in the streets issuing citations for traffic violations.

Yes, we all prefer seeing effective enforcement mechanisms. You know, those street cameras, tracking devices, smart policing, an unbiased ruthless judicial system etc etc....We all want those!

But it won't happen just yet!..The country is in tatters, mostly left in this pitiable state by those who believe they are completely immune to the laws and could get away with anything. The only way we can get to the point we wanted is when more people are shown they can't get away with breaking common rules.

Leaders who aren't living by example must be made an example of!...that's the only way we can right the wrongs of the past and put the best foot forward to a better future!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Andrew3(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2012
I believe this was concocted. How did fashola beat all the traffic
and get to this point then the military car on an empty road was waiting for him.
And who is the ready made cameraman waiting to take this snap shot from behind?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 6:52am On Jul 18, 2012
naptu2: In 2008 he arrested an Air Force officer and a foreigner who were driving against traffic flow on Victoria Island. Last year he facilitated the arrest of a soldier who drove on the BRT lane at Anthony and was resisting arrest.

In 2008 he made a pledge to LASTMA that he would assist them in arresting violators of traffic laws. For this reason, there's usually a LASTMA vehicle in his motorcade.

Law enforcement officials (the governor is the chief security officer of the state) often break laws while trying to enforce the law. It is for this reason, for example, that policemen will drive against traffic flow while pursuing armed robbers.

That is wrong because the White people we look up to dont do that. A police officer/ public officer in the West will never break laws just so he/she could arrest you for a common traffic offense. Our Governor-in-chief wants to turn Lagos to small London and he cant even play the part of the Mayor of small London perfectly. He needs to watch more videos on how Governors in the West conduct themselves. He needs to realize that he is not the traffic enforcer-in-chief and he cant be every where at all times. There are professionals, Like LASTMA, with constitutional responsibility and legal backing to enforce laws as regards to conduct of commuters on the BRT lane. It is better we as a people copy our White masters to the letter and allow these professionals to do their job without fear or favor.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Acidosis(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

If Jonathan and PDP could carry Nigeria for head the way Fashola carry Lagos for head

Someone like you will not be jobless while also typing bad English for the world to see that you are a product of failed system.
If my statement was that bad, how come you understood my point?
The same people who taught me the bad English a.k.a ''Pidgin English'' (get this into your head), painted the lips of people like with oil. What contributions have you on the economy of the nation with all your PhDs in Grammar and Phonetics? Bloody servant of a failed government! I am jobless u said, but you are busy. . .busy doing nothing.

You learnt English by slaving day and night for the whites, you learnt their language and sampled their dress but you never learnt their manners- orderliness, manners.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by philoe: 6:54am On Jul 18, 2012
That someone is his right senses would condone such excesses by men in uniform is sad.

Ever heard of the world DISCIPLINE? That is what the armed forces should stand for. I am in the military in a civilized country and I can tell you that we are expected to live above board, even when not in uniform and nobody knows who we are. For a Colonel to drive on a dedicated BRT line is gross. And don't even tell me he is your hero; I'm not even a Sergeant but I know I have seen more military action than he will ever see in his lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 6:58am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

That is wrong because the White people we look up to dont do that. A police officer/ public officer in the West will never break laws just so he/she could arrest you for a common traffic offense. Our Governor-in-chief wants to turn Lagos to small London and he cant even play the part of the Mayor of small London perfectly. He needs to watch more videos on how Governors in the West conduct themselves. He needs to realize that he is not the traffic enforcer-in-chief and he cant be every where at all times. There are professionals, Like LASTMA, with constitutional responsibility and legal backing to enforce laws as regards to conduct of commuters on the BRT lane. It is better we as a people copy our White masters to the letter and allow these professionals to do their job without fear or favor.

You are a disgrace!...Go suck the white people's di[i]c[/i]k you blithering iidiot!....The instant i read the first crap you wrote, i knew you can't possibly have any smartness in you.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by nduchucks: 7:04am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

Yes, we all prefer seeing effective enforcement mechanisms. You know, those street cameras, tracking devices, smart policing, an unbiased ruthless judicial system etc etc....We all want those!

But it won't happen just yet!..The country is in tatters, mostly left in this pitiable state by those who believe they are completely immune to the laws and could get away with anything. The only way we can get to the point we wanted is when more people are shown they can't get away with breaking common rules.

Leaders who aren't living by example must be made an example of!...that's the only way we can right the wrongs of the past and put the best foot forward to a better future!

see me see trouble o. You don't make a good adversary at all! embarassed

How am I supposed to disagree with what you wrote above?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2012
Naija is just a jungle I swear. We need serious rebranding and purging. I am sure the colonel would not be prosecuted. Fashola would report him to his superiors and the col. would just receive a caution. The naija military are good in protecting their own, that's why they get away with so many crimes.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 7:06am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

Why don't you go su[i]c[/i]k the White people's di[i]c[/i]k you blithering iidiot! The instant i read the first crap you wrote about the "the white people we look up to"...i knew you can't possibly have any smartness in you.

Democracy is your father's idea on how to run your village abi? Abi the word Governor exist in your grandpa's vocab? Abi the English wey you dey write na your mama language? Ode oshi. Stupiddddd black man wan dey form yanga. Go form yanga with your fellow ape in your dark, untarred, highly uncivilized village, not here

Whether you want to admit it or not, everything we do, in one way or the other, is aimed at gaining acceptance and recognition from the more advanced species of our ever expanding kingdom.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by naptu2: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2012
saxywale: Naija is just a jungle I swear. We need serious rebranding and purging. I am sure the colonel would not be prosecuted. Fashola would report him to his superiors and the col. would just receive a caution. The naija military are good in protecting their own, that's why they get away with so many crimes.

Well, we can't be too sure. I'm not sure what happened to the airforce officer in 2008, but the soldier who drove on the BRT lane last year and resisted arrest was courtmartialled and dismissed from the army.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 7:14am On Jul 18, 2012
naptu2:

Well, we can't be too sure. I'm not sure what happened to the airforce officer in 2008, but the soldier who drove on the BRT lane last year and resisted arrest was courtmartialled and dismissed from the army.

What a gross, deliberate miscarriage of justice. Dismissing someone because they drove through BRT lane? Good luck finding another lazy coward to take his post. Black people and their lack of direction. . . hmmm
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

Democracy is your father's idea on how to run your village abi? Abi the word Governor exist in your grandpa's vocab? Abi the English wey you dey write na your mama language? Ode oshi. Stupiddddd black man wan dey form yanga. Go form yanga with your fellow ape in your dark, untarred, highly uncivilized village, not here

Whether you want to admit it or not, everything we do, in one way or the other, is aimed at gaining acceptance and recognition from the more advanced species of our ever expanding kingdom.

You are a person!..a re[i]t[/i]ard!

I have white people in my office who arrange my meetings and do the spiral bindings while i go on lunch breaks and occasional relaxed adventures. I have white people on my team who sit back and listen to my opinion and brainstorm how an objective could be met!

I don't look up to white people, you disgraceful son of worm! i treat them as equals and also were necessary as Juniors. I don't aim to gain acceptance from what you dunce called "more advanced" species, i force my opinion on them!...The slave era was decades ago, you blithering i[i]d[/i]iot. The fact that your fathers were slaves and you still share in the slaving mindset does not mean everyone is you!

If you are so tied to your slaving past, i would encourage you to go drown yourself and not propagate your DNA through the gene pool any further.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by naptu2: 7:18am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

You are a disgrace!...Go suck the white people's di[i]c[/i]k you blithering iidiot!....The instant i read the first crap you wrote, i knew you can't possibly have any smartness in you.

The Lord F-Stranger is one of the most intelligent people on nairaland. However, he loves going against popular opinion and provoking people. It makes nairaland great fun.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 7:19am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

You are a person!..a re[i]t[/i]ard!

I have white people in my office who arrange my meetings and do the spiral bindings while i go on lunch breaks and occasional relaxed adventures. I have white people on my team who sit back and listen to my opinion and brainstorm how an objective could be met!

You see, having White people work for/with you makes you happy grin. . . need I say more
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 7:22am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

You see, having White people work for/with you make you happy grin. . . need I say more

It doesn't "make me happy" you dunce!...It makes me push my opinion where necessary, gets my job done and my salary paid. I couldn't care less if the person doing the job is white or green.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 7:24am On Jul 18, 2012
naptu2:

The Lord F-Stranger is one of the most intelligent people on nairaland. However, he loves going against popular opinion and provoking people. It makes nairaland great fun.

I'm not Fstranger, mate!...I'm much smarter than him.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by naptu2: 7:26am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

I'm not Fstranger, mate!...I'm much smarter than him.

Hahahahahhahahhaahahhaha! You are arguing with F-Stranger (aka Anti-Tpia, Ojogbontomoye, Paptosibe, etc).
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

It doesn't "make me happy" you dunce!...It makes me push my opinion where necessary, gets my job done and my salary paid. I couldn't care less if the person doing the job is white or green.

I am glad you enjoy forcing your unsolicited opinion on White people in your village because i also enjoy working with them here in Obodo-oyinbo. And, I hope they enjoy being around you and your friends and family. Because with the kind of Black pride and Africanism you have shown here, I will be terribly disappointed to find out that you are somewhere far away from Nigeria, having lied your way out of the country so you can enjoy the best our White masters have to offer in their cold countries. grin
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by dabrake(m): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2012
If only

antitpiah

and

acidosis

will be diagnosed with lung cancer, I will sow a seed worth Bill Gate's annual tax

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2012
naptu2:

Hahahahahhahahhaahahhaha! You are arguing with F-Stranger (aka Anti-Tpia, Ojogbontomoye, Paptosibe, etc).

Oh!..i see!

he's always been a dunce, isn't he?
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by violent(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2012
antitpiah:

I am glad you enjoy forcing your unsolicited opinion on White people in your village because i also enjoy working with them here in Obodo-oyinbo. And, I hope they enjoy being around you and your friends and family. Because with the kind of Black pride and Africanism you have shown here, I will be terribly disappointed to find out that you are somewhere far away from Nigeria, having lied your way out of the country so you can enjoy the best our White masters have to offer in their cold countries. grin

You are not making any sense mate! You should have died a long time ago while you were nothing but just a s[i]p[/i]erm cell!

Your marginal contribution to the world's idiocy is alarming!
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by antitpiah: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2012
violent:

You are not making any sense mate! You should have died a long time ago while you were nothing but just a s[i]p[/i]erm cell!

Your marginal contribution to the world's idiocy is alarming!

Anyway, I need to get back to my other work. I am sure you get my point, which is that we should do things the way our masters taught us to do it so we can enjoy life the way they enjoy it in Obodo-oyinbo. They gave us democracy, separation of power and the concept of division of labor, why cant we just use the tools they gave us right.

PS: Fashola's main job is to rob Peter and Paul to pay Tinubu. Let him stick to that. We dont need him to transfer his incompetence and lack of coordination to our hard working LASTMA officers.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by ayobase(m): 8:00am On Jul 18, 2012
Kudos Fash!
One Governor once served as 'road safety' and now another acting as 'police'.
Good examples!
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by DammyFx: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2012
lmfao....Even Governor himself his trapped in traffic
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis:
If my statement was that bad, how come you understood my point?
The same people who taught me the bad English a.k.a ''Pidgin English'' (get this into your head), painted the lips of people like with oil. What contributions have you on the economy of the nation with all your PhDs in Grammar and Phonetics? Bloody servant of a failed government! I am jobless u said, but you are busy. . .busy doing nothing.

You learnt English by slaving day and night for the whites, you learnt their language and sampled their dress but you never learnt their manners- orderliness, manners.

I am so disappointed that its the same people that knows the law,also break the law

If truly you know about the manners and orderliness you would`t have made that first statement in the first place.

Ode
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Biggyd2: 8:21am On Jul 18, 2012
This is exactly my problem with these people. Why should it take the intervention of Fashola to arrest a uniformed official. The state has brought a new bill with stiff penalties for traffic offenders. Will the state traffic officials have the courage to arrest these force officials, local government officials, commissioners, law makers etc when they contravene the law? Or will Fasola leave his official duties and become a mobile traffic officer, looking for who to arrest?

Abegi, there should be no sacred cow o. What is good for the goose is so very good for the gander.
Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by Olaolufred(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: in own too much self abeg. .e just carry government and Lagos for head like say na him property.

You must be less than a goat.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests Army Officers On BRT Lane by deshclones(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2012
This army col should be sacked ASAP....imagine saluting for a mere civilian...a colonel for that matter..geeez...this army guy fall ma hand finish...if it were me..i will not stop till i get to the barracks...the army top hierarchy will sack him cause of this gross disrespect to his uniform...a colonel saluting and begging a governor in broad day light....i smh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / NIMASA Takes Over 20 Vessels From Tompolo’s Firm / EFCC Arrests Ponzi Scheme Operator, Amos Olaniyan Over ₦128m Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.