Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos (19488 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Beaf!:

^
Exactly!
When I saw this i thought the Police are attacking Lagos. Lol

My thought too, cos the topic made it sound so . . .
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
kokozain: na another man buttocks he no check im own Bleep up nice job my guy. Correction master watch it next time

Guy, Clear!
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by OneNaira6: 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
Egba girl:

Biko, keep your goodluck to yourself o. Very selfish statement.

Chineke see me see wahalla. I'm wishing nigerians goodluck on the account problem is increasing daily in that nation and I pray those still residing their are kept safe by the grace of God and you are attacking me for wishing una goodluck. Fine, I take back my Goodluck.

Wetin I do you? Na wa ooo!!!
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Beaf1: 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

when a Bomb is diffused beside you, you might not even know, it is the topic that MIGHT be wrong.

^
It is Defused not Diffused
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
Beaf!:

^
It is Defused not Diffused

Thanks, Pal
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva:
Na war that one go be oo.
afam4eva!! At last, you've been unbanned. Don't mind them Tinubu boys. You are welcome.. smiley
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by daygeee(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sagytarius: wrong use of words. It's DEFUSE and not DETONATE. Haba!

When a bomb can't be defused, it is detonated safely. That's what is done by our Nigerian antibomb squad most times.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
Beaf!:

^
Exactly!
When I saw this i thought the Police are attacking Lagos. Lol
Oga beaf, I see you o..

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva:
Did you go to reliance hotel?
i didnt go to the hotel but i was close to it. if something like dat happened u would have seen policemen patrolling that area or people gathering to know what actually happened! so its a blatant lie!
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
Biyi1471: afam4eva!! At last, you've been unbanned. Don't mind them Tinubu boys. You are welcome.. smiley
Thanks.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Acidosis(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
Fashola oya go and beg the military to save Lagosians.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
daygeee:

When a bomb can't be defused, it is detonated safely. That's what is done by our Nigerian antibomb squad most times.

Detonate : To explode or cause to explode - this would have made Ikeja a "no go" area
Defuse : Remove the fuse from (an explosive device) in order to prevent it from exploding
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by TBD(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
Where do live?
One_Naira: With the way things are going in Nigeria, I'm happy I don't live there.

Good luck to Nigerians.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by fankasibe: 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Defuse oo!
Detonate oo!
Dead body no dey speak english.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
fankasibe:
Defuse oo!
Detonate oo!
Dead body no dey speak english.

lol
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by ypzilanti: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
YEEEE! My girl went that direction today. grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Olaolufred(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]
Where did i mention military? I meant the boko boys.[/quote

Boko Boys no longer exist.
Goodluck had succesfully put them out of existence.
He promised an end to the Boys by June ending,
And he delivered his promise.
He said Boko is not behind the Plateau massacre,
So he knows the new group terrorising Nigeria,
But definitely not Boko.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2012
One_Naira: With the way things are going in Nigeria, I'm happy I don't live there.

Good luck to Nigerians.

But i am sure you would know someone that know the other that live there . . . so the pain of Nigerians is all OURS.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Dedax(m): 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
@ OP
I must join previous Nairalanders in their corrective efforts.
Please use correct words. That's the purpose of a dictionary.
We have words and opposite.
I am sure you meant "defuse" and not detonate.
To detonate is the exact opposite of what you intended to say.

Words say exactly what they mean and not what we "think" they should mean.
As for "detonating safely" with all due respects that is not what the thread said.
It is still passing very wrong information.

For all it is worth, thanks for the alert.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
Vickyt:

Wrong use of sentence and incorrect word “of not “if. Lol

Nobody is above mistake bro. Peace!
His' is a topographic error and not a grammatical blunder as above, it's commonsensical to know that he actually meant to type "of".
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
daygeee:

Of course, but not if it is
mukina2:

detonated by the Anti Bomb Squad around Toyin Street, Ikeja, the Lagos State capital.

With this, it is no longer a safe detonation.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by LordBabs(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
At Mukina, I expected you to have diligently responded to the correction of some Nairalanders on the word DETONATE & DEFUSE. These things are important. You could have just modified the topic or apologised for the inaction. Your superciliousness is just becoming insufferable! You can now ban me. . .

1 Like

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
latest: His' is a topographic error and not a grammatical blunder as above, it's commonsensical to know that he actually meant to type "of".

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by jayM: 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva:
Around where? If i was around there, i for don run commot there since.
GBAM!Seconded.korect Guy.laffin in YEWA
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
chooiii, see battle for grammar . .

well, ma mukina2 cause all these rubbish . . .

she's so infatuated with Seun, to the extent that she can't even use English language correctly.

Mukina2 my daughter, i sent u to school, u don't know how to spell "defuse" . . . grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
alaoeri:
Mr grammarian defuse or detonate ωε all understand what the op means, anyway thank God oh can't imagine bomb exploding at toyin street.
no...we don't understand oh. because they completely have 2 different meanings and if you understood, you'd know that. ...what's the problem with people these days...sheesh
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Emmzalon: 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2012
'How could å police detonate(unleach or activate) å bomb'? Was the questn dat came on my mind before ‎​ȋ̊ blogged dis page. Plz NL be mindful,critically scrutinize your news before posting them. ‎​ȋ̊ think 'intercept' will do next time.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
gmyguy: no...we don't understand oh. because they completely have 2 different meanings and if you understood, you'd know that. ...what's the problem with people these days...sheesh

Later on, they'll cry fowl that WAEC's statistics on those who passed English Language is bogus.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
Lord Babs: At Mukina, I expected you to have diligently responded to the correction of some Nairalanders on the word DETONATE & DEFUSE. These things are important. You could have just modified the topic or apologised for the inaction. Your superciliousness is just becoming insufferable! You can now ban me. . .
Have you ever seen Mukina defending herself before? In her mind she's like "All of you can go to hell for all i care"
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
alaoeri:
Mr grammarian defuse or detonate ωε all understand what the op means, anyway thank God oh can't imagine bomb exploding at toyin street.
and if you really understood, you said "can't imagine a bomb exploding at Toyin street", detonation infact means the bomb was set off...ie it exploded! which is why the other guy said defuse, do you understand?!
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by PaulJohn1: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
Jojo Armani: correction master, is of not if

Bro you no try. You typed "is of" instead of "it is of" or "it's of" grin grin Nigeria sha
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by gidiMonsta(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2012

It could be a controlled detonation. Like the type they used to clean up Ikeja Cantonment after the blasts.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Spends N5bn On Presidential Fleet In 15 Months / Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Escape Assassination / Nigerians In China Blamed By House Of Representatives Panel Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.