Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos (19489 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Ninapha(f): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
Paul John:
Lie get colour!? shocked grin
My bros, some things are unputdownable! Some lies are white in colour while d red lies are those dat concern bomb! Abi bomb dey white?
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
stupor:

Why the beef ?
Either you use the word Detonate or defuse we are not in an English class Mr Akowe ta Wura !

Besides,Detonate and Defuse fall into the same Vocab with very little similarity.

Am surprised at seeing Chicken-heads like your comments,I can bet you all fall into same category,Empty vessels make the loudest of noises.

Repeat after me again: detonate and defuse fall under the same Word Vocabulary but with little synonymous characteristics !

Repeat it 100 times after me so that it will stick into your forgetful and volatile brain or send you back to school for English lessons !
no, no, no...they dont! check yourself Bro!
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by LadyGaga1(f): 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sagytarius: wrong use of words. It's DEFUSE and not DETONATE. Haba!

Mr. Sagytarius: Personally I don't think that detonated is something bad.

Dailypost just learnt that a bomb has been detonated by the Anti Bomb Squad around Toyin Street, Ikeja. Very correct

Dailypost just learnt that a bomb has been defused by the Anti Bomb Squad around Toyin Street, Ikeja. Very correct
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by igboboy1(m): 9:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
afam4eva:
We're talking of boms here and not JT. Btw, why does it seem as if you're defending bokoharam like your life depends on it.

are u new on NL? everyone know Ndu chukcs is zamfara man masquerading as igbo
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
Lady Gaga:

Dailypost just learnt that a bomb has been detonated by the Anti Bomb Squad around Toyin Street, Ikeja. Very correct

Dailypost just learnt that a bomb has been defused by the Anti Bomb Squad around Toyin Street, Ikeja. Very correct

Errm, ma'am. please, kindly follow the posts to the very end so as to understand my point.

I'm not saying that, as a sentence, it is wrong. I meant it is wrong in the context of use; in which case, the bomb didn't explode.

If there was actually an explosion, I take back my comments. But if not, well...
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Lady Gaga:

Choooiiii, u're a classic MUCHOKO [pronounced: mooo-cho-ko]
You can check Google if u don't understand what i mean
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 19, 2012
Paul John:

grin grin Nairalanders no go kill person 2day.
"Topographi error"
"His' is a" grin grin
dude, any problem with my write up? U seem to be having problems with "is and was"
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 19, 2012
Paul John:

grin grin Nairalanders no go kill person 2day.
"Topographi error"
"His' is a" grin grin
i think i should still enlighten u more on this cos i see u er retarded in the use of tenses. His' (with an apostrophy after the "s"wink is the shortest form of describing the subject rather than saying "His Writing" or "His.... what ever". besides pronouns that ends Not with an "s" usually do have the apostrophy before the "s" e.g Her's and His'
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by tompat86(m): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2012
na d koko b d@...mr grammarian go stay 4 toyin street because person mk wrong use of words n claim say u knw understand...
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by remarkD(m): 4:14am On Jul 19, 2012
I noticed a few errors in your write-up, but I'll just point out one, a simple one which has to do with a subject/verb agreement when the subject is either in a singular or plural form ... "illiterate/illiterates and seeks/seek.
... re-read your post, make the correction and tell me if you can find out the other GPS errors you made.
[color=#990000][/color] grin
stupor:

if i'm under the influence of drugs,I'll still you basic Lexis and Structure with my eyes closed and even in my sleep.

My tag name says it all,at least I spelt it well (stupor) and also know it's meaning.

It shows how little you know and how complex your self attitude is and those who follow in your direction,I can only call you guys,stereotyped illiterates who seeks cheap attention or otherwise you might go numb if you don't say anything.

Kettle calling kettle pot black !

Once again just in case you might forget,repeat after me 100 times over till it sticks into your numb-skull.

'The word Detonate and defuse belong to the same Word Vocab can be used categorically except with little dissimilarities or similarities as you may choose !

Mr Johny Sagytarious the English Celeb Mogul, who cannot even spell his Tag name very well.

Nonsense,like Fela ! Teacher don't teach me nonsense !

Correct yourself first,by spelling your Tag-name correctly,before spewing twaaash !

Olodo !
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by ojofree: 5:52am On Jul 19, 2012
Jenams: But ¶ jst called someone stayin I̲̅n toyin street & they said notin like is happened Йą! Which kind strategy be dis u mukina?
It wasn't Toyin street, the bomb was planted in Majekodumi street. It was a hellish moment, very close to my office, the street was cordoned off by the anti bomb squad.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by BeraBera(f): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2012
Then I guess the security agents especially the Nigerian Police Force has risen up to the challenge. More kudos to the police. I also remember how they dealt with bank robbers in Portharcourt last week. At least, people would start reposing trust in their ability in this fight against terror
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by sayso: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2012
So are we back to the original thread or still battling with all these parts of speech lessons?
Pls I 've to proofread dis so many times and enter pigin for my own sake.abeg NL any error mercy 4 me.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
"pidgin" NOT "pigin" grin grin grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2012
sayso: So are we back to the original thread or still battling with all these parts of speech lessons?
Pls I 've to proofread dis so many times and enter pigin for my own sake.abeg NL any error mercy 4 me.
i had to proofread not "i've to proofread"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll / Hunters Arrest Five-Man Kidnap Gang In Kogi (Photos) / Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.