Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos (19486 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Balyz: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sagytarius: wrong use of words. It's DEFUSE and not DETONATE. Haba!
Now how do you know that the bomb was not actually detonated? Some bombs cant be defused due to various technical reasons, and so literally have to be detonated in a controlled explosion to eliminate the threat.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:
chooiii, see battle for grammar . .

well, ma mukina2 cause all these rubbish . . .

she's so infatuated with Seun, to the extent that she can't even use English language correctly.

Mukina2 my daughter, i sent u to school, u don't know how to spell "defuse" . . . grin grin grin

It is more like the newspaper was the source of the problem, here is the Title of the news: "BREAKING: Police detonate bomb in Ikeja, Lagos"
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
Emmzalon: 'How could å police detonate(unleach or activate) å bomb'? Was the questn dat came on my mind before ‎​ȋ̊ blogged dis page. Plz NL be mindful,critically scrutinize your news before posting them. ‎​ȋ̊ think 'intercept' will do next time.
because, if they could not defuse it, they'd evacuate everybody and detonate/ set it off..ie kaboom and you only intercept missiles or bombs dropped off aircraft or bullets...eg the way all of us reading your gbagaun are forced to intercept or dodge

3 Likes

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by gidiMonsta(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
Acidosis: Fashola oya go and beg the military to save Lagosians.

Like they saved the people in Yobe, Kano, Borno and Plateau abi? Abeg make una keep una military, we no want.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2012
Wen i first saw d news
wot i thought of wos dat police found d bomb, evacuated d area nd den detonate d bomb(i.e. D bomb actually exploded)
pls there is a saying dat google b4 u tweet, i tink u can apply it 2 NL too
Nd dis ban stuff, u kud ban me...i wud jst tweet, facebook, check linda ikeji's blog, skype, 2go...lots of oda tinz, i kud even sign up with another email
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by PaulJohn1: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
latest: His' is a topographic error and not a grammatical blunder as above, it's commonsensical to know that he actually meant to type "of".

grin grin Nairalanders no go kill person 2day.
"Topographi error"
"His' is a" grin grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
I think I'll start collecting all these gbagauns...one day they'll be worth a fortune
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
Paul John:

Bro you no try. You typed "is of" instead of "it is of" or "it's of" grin grin Nigeria sha

don't mind the fool . . pot wey dey call kettle black
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by sayso: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
Promhize: Wen i first saw d news
wot i thought of wos dat police found d bomb, evacuated d area nd den detonate d bomb(i.e. D bomb actually exploded)
pls there is a saying dat google b4 u tweet, i tink u can apply it 2 NL too
Nd dis ban stuff, u kud ban me...i wud jst tweet, facebook, check linda ikeji's blog, skype, 2go...lots of oda tinz, i kud even sign up with another email

Me too,the topic flashed through my mind and I wanted to see some explosion pictures only to see this grammatical misleading topic.Pls people stop given out news like that.
Let the topic be changed to defuse pls,even if the original post from the papers wrote detonate,let us not follow as well.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
So y'all have left the news at hand, eh?
We are now focused on the[i]"gbagauns"[/i] . . .

Do you know how many times I had to proofread this?
cos' I no want make a NairaLander insult me oh grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by PaulJohn1: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

don't mind the fool . . pot wey dey call kettle black
grin grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by sayso: 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

no be small thing oooohhh.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

no I sh...lol
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Sagytarius(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

Guy na so o. grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by PaulJohn1: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by PaulJohn1: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

grin grin same here. You no see say I dey use short words grin grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by sayso: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
so una wan make peps begin dey use short hand?
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Pelumiv(m): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
THE NEWS IS TRUE. JUST HEARD FROM TWO EYE WITNESS WHO WAS THERE. IT WAS GOD THAT SAVED THEM FROM THE BOMB.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
One_Naira:

Chineke see me see wahalla. I'm wishing nigerians goodluck on the account problem is increasing daily in that nation and I pray those still residing their are kept safe by the grace of God and you are attacking me for wishing una goodluck. Fine, I take back my Goodluck.

Wetin I do you? Na wa ooo!!!
lol. you no do me anything. Your statement came across as being selfish. one of those, i dont care as long as im no longer in the country, those that are there can help themselves etc. But then, you prolly didnt mean it that way. No vex. Peace bro.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^^

i swear d case tire me sef . . . the gbaguans wey dey here when "defused"
can "wipe in" the whole of Ikeja . . .

Mukina2, u don teach us "words & opposite" . . oya na, let's go there
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by LordBabs(m): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
Considering the technicality of the English language, words should be carefully selected, when delivering a delicate information. The media often falls short of this mistake. In this case, for instance, the word 'detonate' sometimes means 'to set off'(i.e.to cause a bomb or alarm to go off), which often is synonymous to 'defuse'(to cause to go off). So, to avoid ambiguity, 'defuse' will be apt in such a delicate situation, in lieu of 'detonate'.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
Pelumiv: THE NEWS IS TRUE. JUST HEARD FROM TWO EYE WITNESS WHO WAS THERE. IT WAS GOD THAT SAVED THEM FROM THE BOMB.
"from two eye witness who was there"
nna, nairalanders no go kill person o grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Pelumiv: THE NEWS IS TRUE. JUST HEARD FROM TWO EYE WITNESS WHO WAS THERE. IT WAS GOD THAT SAVED THEM FROM THE BOMB.

How? Explain please
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Akpan107(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sagytarius: wrong use of words. It's DEFUSE and not DETONATE. Haba!
May be they made it to EXPLODE, not just disconecting (defuse). It happened in Kano few Months ago, when Soldiers shot two bombs to DETONATE them, and we heard two loud Bang!!! So, it's not a wrong use of words.
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2012
Lord Babs: Considering the technicality of the English language, words should be carefully selected, when delivering a delicate information. The media often falls short of this mistake. In this case, for instance, the word 'detonate' sometimes means 'to set off'(i.e.to cause a bomb or alarm to go off), which often is synonymous to 'defuse'(to cause to go off). So, to avoid ambiguity, 'defuse' will be apt in such a delicate situation, in lieu of 'detonate'.
Bros ur own sef don con 2 much, we know sey u sabi english well well. Tank u
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by PaulJohn1: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
Promhize:
"from two eye witness who was there"
nna, nairalandess no go kill person o grin grin grin grin

You self catch am grin grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
Akpan107: May be they made it to EXPLODE, not just disconecting (defuse). It happened in Kano few Months ago, when Soldiers shot two bombs to DETONATE them, and we heard two loud Bang!!! So, it's not a wrong use of words.
Chairman, you did not go through the thread well. In this case, they defused, the police did not detonate anything - there was no explosion. Tank u
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by forkadict(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Wetin dey worry all of una? Ehn? wetin dey worry una?

Dem say Boko wan blow all of una head commot una come nairaland dey argue english? SMH

Next time, na explode the bomb go explode. I go com see the kind english una go dey argue for NL whether na Boko explode lagos; Boko exploding lagos; or Boko explosion lagos. We go see
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by sessydoo(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
berem: u guys should mind how u spread rumour! i drove past toyin street twice today and nothing of such happened! abeg make una take am easy before pesin go get high blood pressure!

Very funny! God pass them o babes
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by sayso: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
fork adict: Wetin dey worry all of una? Ehn? wetin dey worry una?

Dem say Boko wan blow all of una head commot una come nairaland dey argue english? SMH

Next time, na explode the bomb go explode. I go com see the kind english una go dey argue for NL whether na Boko explode lagos; Boko exploding lagos; or Boko explosion lagos. We go see

no dull moment for NL.Seun you too much
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
Paul John:

You self catch am grin grin
Dat kind blunder, i no fit miss am. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Police Detonate Bomb At Ikeja, Lagos by Deleahmed: 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
This one no be joke atall o. Wetin carry bomb drop for that hotel na. Hope this no be Boko boys at work again. All these hotel needs to tighten their security level o. I go advise say if u go any hotel now and proper security no de abeg turn back o. No be small walahi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara / 2019: APC Planning To Freeze Atiku, Saraki, Wike, Others - Timi Frank / Ooni Of Ife Advice Kingsley Moghalu To ‘fire On’, We Are Proud Of You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.