Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (230188 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by egesie(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
I've been curious to know how reverse gear is engaged in a bmw manual transmission, I'm yet to drive one, thk u
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
egesie:
I've been curious to know how reverse gear is engaged in a bmw manual transmission, I'm yet to drive one, thk u

To the far left and up. When pushing left you must pass some resistance before going upwards.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by egesie(m): 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
lungwun:

To the far left and up. When pushing left you must pass some resistance before going upwards.
Thx
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
erico2k2:

Good idea to change the Hob

I'll like to know the cost?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
I have been thinking...maybe we should create A whatsapp or bbm group where we csn all meet and discuss about our beemer..we can easily swap stories and experiences and also get current prices of parts...
I feel it will be beneficial to beemer owners anf lovers as well.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
adeniyisavage:
I have been thinking...maybe we should create A whatsapp or bbm group where we csn all meet and discuss about our beemer..we can easily swap stories and experiences and also get current prices of parts...
I feel it will be beneficial to beemer owners anf lovers as well.
Good. Just like how they do in the Mb thread.
I just noticed something about the Mercedes cars,based on the MB thread, the failure rate of systems in their cars is higher than the BMW...anyone notice this? Read about complaints that call to question the reliability of these current models...
been shopping for a car on the sideline for a while now, I test-drove an 04/05 e500, smooth and powerful, but didn't like it. The engine had a few oil stains smeared all over which pointed to the fact that it might have been worked on not long before then, a few things about it that I didn't trust so i ruled it out...nice sprightly v8 though...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
If you are in agreement do we need to communicate with the op?
Becos I need some advice...my bmw had weak piston rings the mecho said either change the rings in my old engine or you a buy a new one..
Why do mechanics always prefer buying a new engine? Is it too difficult or impossible to ring an old engine and it works perfectly?
I'm just a bit puzzled at the act....does it cost more to ring ?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
adeniyisavage:
If you are in agreement do we need to communicate with the op?
Becos I need some advice...my bmw had weak piston rings the mecho said either change the rings in my old engine or you a buy a new one..
Why do mechanics always prefer buying a new engine? Is it too difficult or impossible to ring an old engine and it works perfectly?
I'm just a bit puzzled at the act....does it cost more to ring ?
hmm, well if you've got the cash get a new engine, if you trust some mechanic to work on it to standard, why not,go ahead and fix it.
but for me it'll be a great concern to rebuild it,especially when you may have spent so much and gained little to no result. Considering that the job could be sub par, not properly done etc, I'll go for a new engine.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
thanks....i'll buy a new one.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by naijasaints: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Do you guys know about the exclusive BMW club if Nigeria?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
No we don't. Please enlighten us further
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
naijasaints:
Do you guys know about the exclusive BMW club if Nigeria?
yea, I have heard about it...just the name as you mentioned it, but nothing detailed.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by MOBBDEEP: 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
Please, @ all my senior bimmer users in the house especially Yungboss, kindly help tell me where in Nigeria I can get all my BMW tools, parts & maintenance resources sourced.
God just favored me to join your esteemed league of BMW owners.
It is a 2004 320i Exclusive Trim Bimmer.
Please, kindly help me.
My current location is Uyo & Calabar.
I would also appreciate if anyone can recommend a seasoned & trusted Automobile Technician savvy in BMW around these cities I mentioned.
Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xerotop(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
MOBBDEEP:
Please, @ all my senior bimmer users in the house especially Yungboss, kindly help tell me where in Nigeria I can get all my BMW tools, parts & maintenance resources sourced.
Please, kindly help me.
I would also appreciate if anyone can recommend a seasoned & trusted Automobile Technician savvy in BMW around these cities I mentioned.
Thanks

Kindly get ursef a good scan tool, and also get ursef connected to people who can always help you buy original repair & maintenance parts abroad. Also always go online and check bmw forums. It will help u alot Those are d only ways u can have peace of mind and enjoy ur car.
I stopped keepin bmws cos clowns in mechanic cloths. They abound everywhere. Fake parts also.

I discovered a very good,well equiped and modern worshop in my location in d north. Now i can comfortably own any car i desire.
I am surely goin back 2 bmw cos its my childhood fantasy.

Presently working towards an 09' 750i. I pray clearing allows me.
Wanted a 2006 model for the festive season, but my further research made me discover the 09. But presently beyond my budget. Its actually worth waiting for.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by MOBBDEEP: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
xerotop:

Kindly get ursef a good scan tool, and also get ursef connected to people who can always help you buy original repair & maintenance parts abroad. Also always go online and check bmw forums. It will help u alot Those are d only ways u can have peace of mind and enjoy ur car.
I stopped keepin bmws cos clowns in mechanic cloths. They abound everywhere. Fake parts also.

I discovered a very good,well equiped and modern worshop in my location in d north. Now i can comfortably own any car i desire.

Wanted a 2006 model for the festive season, but my further research made me discover the 09. But presently beyond my budget. Its actually worth waiting for.

I have started reading on Bimmer online forums & a lot of DIY threads.
I just need to do baseline servicing.
Don't know where to get an experienced hand, tools to even DIY nor place selling original parts/OEM.
By the way, your taste is very high & classy. Those high-end cars cost a fortune.
I'm quite sure that it will cost over a million naira to clear it. I'm referring to the 750Li Sir.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by danadam(m): 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
xerotop:

Where in the north do you reside? where's the workshop located? I will like to check em out for some repairs.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 12:10am On Dec 28, 2014
MOBBDEEP:
Please, kindly help me.
Thanks
congrats man, unfortunately I don't live in those areas mentioned, I myself have sourced for a few parts onine and from lag...i get stuffs too in ph. I heard there's a big spare parts market in calabar...i'll get more info from my colleague. She told me something about that.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xerotop(m): 12:38am On Dec 28, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

I have started reading on Bimmer online forums & a lot of DIY threads.
I just need to do baseline servicing.
Don't know where to get an experienced hand, tools to even DIY nor place selling original parts/OEM.
By the way, your taste is very high & classy. Those high-end cars cost a fortune.
I'm quite sure that it will cost over a million naira to clear it. I'm referring to the 750Li Sir.

Am sorry, i am not a sir, am jst a young man.
My choice of the 750i is jst that i want another bmw. I have owned 6 in the past and all are 3 series and 5 series. I wanted something different. Neva owned a '7'.
The '06 750i is a reality but the '09 is still a wish/dream.
Thats cos of d new duty by the FG come jan 1st 2015 and proposed charges on luxury cars. Aside clearing which i have not inquired, i got one for $23k. Not bad a price if u ask me for such a car.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xerotop(m): 12:43am On Dec 28, 2014
danadam:

Where in the north do you reside? where's the workshop located? I will like to check em out for some repairs.

So it wont appear like a cheap advert for them. Moreso advert not allowed on this section. Send me a mail and i will send u their details. Sorry for that please
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by danadam(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2014
xerotop:

So it wont appear like a cheap advert for them. Moreso advert not allowed on this section. Send me a mail and i will send u their details. Sorry for that please

ok... I understand. your email pls.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by MOBBDEEP: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
xerotop:

Am sorry, i am not a sir, am jst a young man.
My choice of the 750i is jst that i want another bmw. I have owned 6 in the past and all are 3 series and 5 series. I wanted something different. Neva owned a '7'.
The '06 750i is a reality but the '09 is still a wish/dream.
Thats cos of d new duty by the FG come jan 1st 2015 and proposed charges on luxury cars. Aside clearing which i have not inquired, i got one for $23k. Not bad a price if u ask me for such a car.

At that price, if it's a clean title, it's a very good deal.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by MOBBDEEP: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
yungboss:

congrats man, unfortunately I don't live in those areas mentioned, I myself have sourced for a few parts onine and from lag...i get stuffs too in ph. I heard there's a big spare parts market in calabar...i'll get more info from my colleague. She told me something about that.
Thank you Sir & God bless you.
I'll surely check them out before traveling back to Uyo this coming weekend.
Once again, thank you Sir.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
any hope in creating the bbm/whatsapp bmw group?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by thug: 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
In case the bbm/whatsapp thread is created, I would want my number to be added: 08037472841
Thank you
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
adeniyisavage:
any hope in creating the bbm/whatsapp bmw group?
yes...07030563619
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
A whatsapp group has been created for we beemer lovers...you can send requests to 08184052425...its open to all, experts And newbies,owners and admirers...let's get together and help each with experiences and tips. Everyone is highly welcome.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by olamega(m): 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
that's a very good development. I'm a member of the Lions (Peugeot) whatsapp group, and its been very very helpful. you get to share ideas, help people, learn from others, have fun, get informed on the latest developments etc.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by olamega(m): 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sometimes I wonder the kind of Technology that makes BMWs different from other cars, esp. when it comes to performance. a friend first asked me this question, and then again I have to ask the question again. Now lemme share my latest experience with you. I have this close friend of mine, he launched a brand new Toyota Corolla (1.8L)2013 model last year . Now he knows about my bmw but he always joke about challenging me on a race and dusting me.....one of his motivation is that his car is brand new , and especially since it comes with the Toyota VVTI technology, more over he is a very crazy,skilled driver. So to cut the long story short na so we enter road o (Kano-Zaria), we're just about half way into the journey when we pulled over at a filling station. Guess what he said? "what kind of car is this?" that he has almost blew up his engine trying to catch up with me, why because he pushed the car to the limit so much that whenever he reaches 200km/h, he notices that the tachometer has almost revved into the red zone, so he said "bros abeg i surrender", but you know the crazy part? I was smiling when my colleague sitting on the passenger's sit looked at me and was like "is that so or he is lying"? "i never knew we entered 200km/h, cos the car was dead stable" and we were chatting all along! But seriously I was impressed myself, cos each time I look at the mirror i feel like "why can't this guy catch up and even dust me? and guess what guys? this is a 2000 model e46 1.8L

3 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by danadam(m): 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
olamega:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of Technology that makes BMWs different from other cars, esp. when it comes to performance. a friend first asked me this question, and then again I have to ask the question again. Now lemme share my latest experience with you. I have this close friend of mine, he launched a brand new Toyota Corolla (1.8L)2013 model last year . Now he knows about my bmw but he always joke about challenging me on a race and dusting me.....one of his motivation is that his car is brand new , and especially since it comes with the Toyota VVTI technology, more over he is a very crazy,skilled driver. So to cut the long story short na so we enter road o (Kano-Zaria), we're just about half way into the journey when we pulled over at a filling station. Guess what he said? "what kind of car is this?" that he has almost blew up his engine trying to catch up with me, why because he pushed the car to the limit so much that whenever he reaches 200km/h, he notices that the tachometer has almost revved into the red zone, so he said "bros abeg i surrender", but you know the crazy part? I was smiling when my colleague sitting on the passenger's sit looked at me and was like "is that so or he is lying"? "i never knew we entered 200km/h, cos the car was dead stable" and we were chatting all along! But seriously I was impressed myself, cos each time I look at the mirror i feel like "why can't this guy catch up and even dust me? and guess what guys? this is a 2000 model e46 1.8L

He shouldn't have tried racing with a BMW. 13 yrs gap and u still dusted him, that's a Bavarian Machine for you. Anytime I vex, na 55 minutes I dey do kano-zaria.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Fritz007(m): 7:44am On Jan 02, 2015
danadam:

He shouldn't have tried racing with a BMW. 13 yrs gap and u still dusted him, that's a Bavarian Machine for you. Anytime I vex, na 55 minutes I dey do kano-zaria.

Sorry sir, vex no good oooo abeg no dey vex too much
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Fritz007(m): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Love this group and have been following up for sometimes now though am a Benz loyalist but I still admire the BMW, But I am surprised to find out (from this forum though) that the bemmer is not as bad as people paint it. The electrical faults, the cooling systems etc. Hope to learn more from u guys
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by olamega(m): 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
@danadam are you in the BMW whatsapp group? Pls come onboard if you're not

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.