Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353134 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
This is my first topic here and I very well hope to enjoy a lot of patronage... I'd like to know of and about your experience(s) with ur Lexus/Toyota models! I currently drive a Lexus ES...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by camaro(m): 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
lay more emphasis on what you have at heart and you will hear from people.
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
Very well bro... I'm looking to start a Club-lexus kinda thing, I checked & found a lot of other brands like the BMW, Toyota, PUG, Mercedes-benz & co... Cars are man-made so they're bound to screw-up regardless of their reliability history... I jst want folks to join-in the club, talk about what they love & things they face everyday on the road while driving their Lexus/toyota brands... There's every likelihood that members will learn a bunch from other's comments... Cheers Camaro!

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by sholatech(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2013
Subscribing...Used to have Rx 330 and currently use Lx570 & Gx 470...switched over to Lexus Brands from Volvo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2013
sholatech: Subscribing...I have Rx 330 and Gx 470...just switched over to Lexus Brands last year from Volvo
Sir what year model is your RX330 and what can you say about the car based on fuel economy, handling, and durability?
Re: Club-Lexus by bayooz(m): 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
I drive 2005 GX470. I enjoy every bit of the SUV. Aside from the expected fuel consumption in the city, it is a great car. I have no single regret for buying it.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by sholatech(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
sholatech: The Rx330 is 2005 model..great handling and drives like a sedan. Like most Lexus models, its also reliable and fuel economy is good on the Rx..I love my Gx470 better though!!

Thanks a lot,

Edmunds.com, Aol.com, Kbb.com etc states the Lexus RX330 have a fuel consumption rate MPG of 18city, 23highway. Are these statistics true based on your own driving experience (does your Rx consume more or less)?

2. Taking the sloping rear glass door/boot design into consideration, do you think the RX330 rear passenger area and the boot compartment is as big as that found in the Highlander 2003 (its twin sibling from toyota).

3. I'm also concerned about the models with air suspension (automatic ride height adjustment)
I've not heard people talk about it, considering also other vehicles such as Mercedes, Land/Range Rover, etc usually develop air suspension issues. Have you had issues with yours (if yours is equipped with that feature) how much is replacement?
Re: Club-Lexus by lacasa: 12:24am On Oct 26, 2013
Nice thread. Saw a Gs350 zoom past me at 100km + on thee highway n since that day 've bn thinkin of goin d Lexus way.

Wat can u tell me abt the GS models cool
Re: Club-Lexus by Trac: 4:34am On Oct 26, 2013
lacasa: Nice thread. Saw a Gs350 zoom past me at 100km + on thee highway n since that day 've bn thinkin of goin d Lexus way.

Is that what motivated you? wink

lacasa: Wat can u tell me abt the GS models cool

To answer your question: it's Toyota's technological pinnacle in road-going production. Hence the name, "Grand Sport" (GS). It's configuration is for refined performance (silk) and not brutal/ish unlike its first ancestor. Don't get it wrong, Toyota quintessentially hooked it and it becomes a problem for certain people. You either like it or you don't. It is a car you have to test-drive to determine if you will like it or not (all Lexus'). It's remote-like as you ply. While this is cherished by some, this is repelled by some (for lack of a better word). It is also dependable.

Pinnacle: what about the LS? The LS has a bias in its design-planning. The GS is an all-rounder in attributes as it originally was engineered for performance-in-comfort (now it's more comfort-in-performance). With the "pinnacle" reference, I'm only repeating what Toyota stated many years ago as "pinnacle of their technological advancement." So, a lot more engineering details reflects upon the GS than the LS. For example: the current iteration was driven in its pre-production phase an equivalent of 26-times the earth's distance to get that the exact threshold of kinematic tune in response and performance marinated in sheer comfort. Some serious field-analysis-test.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by macIB(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2013
Very soon lexus will be more popular among Nigerians cause it is a superb machine! I am in the process of getting one for myself.... A RX 330 or 350....I just love that SUV

11 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by michaelala(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2013
I drive a 2003 gs 300 and its performance is woow, but recently i'v started having issues with the tranny, it may nt engage reverse in the morning or when the engine is cold. I did a scan and was told its a faulty speed sensor
Pls auto-gurus in the house, can you explain this. Or do I simply change the tranny.
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
First-of, I'd like to show my appreciation for ur contributions, u're are amazing... Any1 making a switch to any lexus model(s) is making an absolute good choice. futhermore, u must put into consideration that u're launching into a luxury version of related-toyota models, Lexus models are equally as dependable as Toyota's...my car has almost all its components produced by Toyota(or so I think, they all have "Toyota" written on them) so keep it coming guys...much love!
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
michaelala: I drive a 2003 gs 300 and its performance is woow, but recently i'v started having issues with the tranny, it may nt engage reverse in the morning or when the engine is cold. I did a scan and was told its a faulty speed sensor
Pls auto-gurus in the house, can you explain this. Or do I simply change the tranny.
I think that I may have experienced that...here's what I did...do NOT dis-engage emergency/hand-brake b4 pulling the gear to reverse, engage reverse b4 hand-brake off...if ur speed-sensor is faulty then u shld have a CHECK-ENGINE/TRAC-OFF on ur dash, besides I don't reckon speed-sensor failure causing tranny issues in the morning, our scan systems in Nigeria are wack, except a few dependable ones! Try my idea first, Cheers..

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Good move Lacasa, very good move..Trac seems to have done a brilliant Job selling the GS's to u, good-luck
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
sholatech: Subscribing...I have Rx 330 and Gx 470...just switched over to Lexus Brands last year from Volvo

Sholatech owns two lexus models, he's d man...Volvo models are cooler these days, good build/ride quality but Lexus(s) are way coolers...to find out, check Edmunds.com & read consumer reviews...u get your money's worth!
Re: Club-Lexus by bayooz(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hi Lexus owners. I want to know what your experience is with GX470 SUV. Mechanics, wear and tear, maintenance, ride quality, etc.
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
bayooz: Hi Lexus owners. I want to know what your experience is with GX470 SUV. Mechanics, wear and tear, maintenance, ride quality, etc.
Ride Quality is marvelous, the GX is the copy of the Prado...parts are readily available & slightly more expensive though but they are rugged, doesn't wear quicker than other SUV models & mechs in Nigeria are as kind as they are to Toyota's...
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:12am On Oct 28, 2013
Love every bit of my Lexus GS430. The drive is smooth, gear change is like witchcraft (no clicks or bangs). Once the V8 silently purrs away, your fuel bill rapidly mounts !!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 12:24am On Oct 28, 2013
In my summation and experience, Lexus showrooms spoil their customers. Compared to other dealerships. They make you feel proud of owning a Lexus, and truly a ' Pursuit of Perfection '.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by bayooz(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
‘Jägermeister’:

Ride Quality is marvelous, the GX is the copy of the Prado...parts are readily available & slightly more expensive though but they are rugged, doesn't wear quicker than other SUV models & mechs in Nigeria are as kind as they are to Toyota's...
Thanks very much for the information. I will keep calling back here for more guidance on Lexus models.
I got the 2005 GX470 in May this year. It is phenomenal. Very solid and pleasurable. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dom(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2013
I drive an Rx 300. 2002 model. So far so good. No complaints.

4 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by JUO(m): 9:28am On Oct 29, 2013
Edmunds.com, Aol.com, Kbb.com etc states the Lexus RX330 have a fuel consumption rate MPG of 18city, 23highway. Are these statistics true based on your own driving experience (does your Rx consume more or less)?
this car consumed 130 litre of fuel in a distance of 360 miles with reserve light on at the end of the journey.
my brother that car is not friendly with fuel. is a good car to own but very wicked to fuel. far better than highlander although with lesser space. i need to know, does driving with all-wheel consume more fuel than 2 wheel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Two Lexus cars I like, Gs and is. The rest I don't really care much about. Any variant of these two will be a great car to own and drive. above average fuel consumption for engine size, drive comfort, tonnes of toys to play with and reliability to name but a few. If you're feeling happy, then the mark levinson premium audio system with 14 speakers will blow your mind away.

Gs 350 SE-L (only available in the states anyway) other locations settle for the 300
Is 250 SE-L (or even the F sports)

Forget suv's if you're not on a dirt road, whats the flipping point?

I'm getting a 2010 is250 SE multimedia pkg. Cant wait grin grin grin grin (Road tax and insurance on the GS is stupid else I would have had that)

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 29, 2013
sholatech:

Thanks a lot,

2. Taking the sloping rear glass door/boot design into consideration, do you think the RX330 rear passenger area and the boot compartment is as big as that found in the Highlander 2003 (its twin sibling from toyota).

3. I'm also concerned about the models with air suspension (automatic ride height adjustment)
I've not heard people talk about it, considering also other vehicles such as Mercedes, Land/Range Rover, etc usually develop air suspension issues. Have you had issues with yours (if yours is equipped with that feature) how much is replacement?

I Lomomike typed and submitted the questions I just quote above some days ago, how manage did the username change from "Lomomike" to "sholatech"?
I need explanations pls..
Re: Club-Lexus by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2013
lomomike:

I Lomomike typed and submitted the questions I just quote above some days ago, how manage did the username change from "Lomomike" to "sholatech"?

Lomomike, I put it to you that, as 1 of the mod's of this section. You should answer the question yourself !!! (Abi Oga pass Oga?)
NB: Plagiarism is not an offence on nairaland !!!!
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Lexusgs430:

Lomomike, I put it to you that, as 1 of the mod's of this section. You should answer the question yourself !!! (Abi Oga pass Oga?)

Haaa! This has nothing to do with my being a Mod or not. Prior to my being a mod, I typed freely and with an openmind, I being a moderator DIDN'T change that even a bit. I still see myself and react to issues as a floor member. But, I'm really surprised at the change.
Sorry 4 derailing.

Back to the hijacked questions please, I know you use a GS430 but do u know how durable Lexus air suspension is (considering Mercedes, Range Rover et al, air suspension palava)?
Re: Club-Lexus by Ikenna351(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lexusgs430:

Says who?

Please, it's not allowed.

Ikenna.
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
bayooz:
Thanks very much for the information. I will keep calling back here for more guidance on Lexus models.
I got the 2005 GX470 in May this year. It is phenomenal. Very solid and pleasurable. grin grin grin
U can't get it any better with any other brands, not even with the conventional marcs(benz)... enjoy, cheers bro
Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
JUO: this car consumed 130 litre of fuel in a distance of 360 miles with reserve light on at the end of the journey.
my brother that car is not friendly with fuel. is a good car to own but very wicked to fuel. far better than highlander although with lesser space. i need to know, does driving with all-wheel consume more fuel than 2 wheel?
All-wheel is better on gas-mileage, it has a quicker acceleration therefore reducing the amount of cylinders/valves it fires @ a time, they're designed to apply more horse-power quicker than 2-wheelers, this improves fuel economy! locking differentials are better active on typical 4-wheelers too,if available!

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Jagermeister(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
lomomike:

Sorry bro...patent/copyright infringement!
Re: Club-Lexus by Tunarps: 3:35am On Nov 01, 2013
Area_boy: Two Lexus cars I like, Gs and is. The rest I don't really care much about. Any variant of these two will be a great car to own and drive. above average fuel consumption for engine size, drive comfort, tonnes of toys to play with and reliability to name but a few. If you're feeling happy, then the mark levinson premium audio system with 14 speakers will blow your mind away.

Gs 350 SE-L (only available in the states anyway) other locations settle for the 300
Is 250 SE-L (or even the F sports)

Forget suv's if you're not on a dirt road, whats the flipping point?

I'm getting a 2010 is250 SE multimedia pkg. Cant wait grin grin grin grin (Road tax and insurance on the GS is stupid else I would have had that)

Please I will like to know your take on the GS 300 2000 model
Re: Club-Lexus by Tunarps: 3:44am On Nov 01, 2013
Trac:

Is that what motivated you? wink

To answer your question: it's Toyota's technological pinnacle in road-going production. Hence the name, "Grand Sport" (GS). It's configuration is for refined performance (silk) and not brutal/ish unlike its first ancestor. Don't get it wrong, Toyota quintessentially hooked it and it becomes a problem for certain people. You either like it or you don't. It is a car you have to test-drive to determine if you will like it or not (all Lexus'). It's remote-like as you ply. While this is cherished by some, this is repelled by some (for lack of a better word). It is also dependable.

Pinnacle: what about the LS? The LS has a bias in its design-planning. The GS is an all-rounder in attributes as it originally was engineered for performance-in-comfort (now it's more comfort-in-performance). With the "pinnacle" reference, I'm only repeating what Toyota stated many years ago as "pinnacle of their technological advancement." So, a lot more engineering details reflects upon the GS than the LS. For example: the current iteration was driven in its pre-production phase an equivalent of 26-times the earth's distance to get that the exact threshold of kinematic tune in response and performance marinated in sheer comfort. Some serious field-analysis-test.
Please what can you say about the GS 300 2000 model and the ES 300 2002 model. I don't see many of the ES 300 around and I love the car

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.