Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (231012 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Asegzy: 1:09am On Apr 22, 2017
Pls add my number to d bimmer group
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by baslone: 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
naira4doll:
Plz I need a very good Bmw mechanic for my x6 5.0i V8 Twin Turbo. Been using one Anayo but tired of his delays, stories and repeated issues.

Have you found a good mechanic for this please?

I am having same problem.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
Good evening, house. I just acquired an e90 325i 2008. Went with a scanner to inspect upon paying for it. Nigerian used and just registered last September 2016 but in all sincerity, the previous owner seems to be pretty reckless and carefree for a BMW owner.

The mechanic scanned and we noticed a few electrical faults which he advised can be fixed as they wouldn't be much of a hassle.

On driving today, start was smooth until I crossed a bump and at first, it flashed the screen wipe water symbol and then started flashing the engine light and also a 4x4 symbol. Now the engine light means loss of power (meaning the engine might not be getting enough fuel from the pump). The 4x4 probably has something to do with its four wheel drive (I'm just guessing anyways).

Since it flashed both lights, car stopped by itself and doesn't respond to acceleration anymore. Upon turning it off and restarting, it revs just once and then doesn't respond again.

Now what it does after starting the engine is that it revs by itself and doesn't respond to the acceleration pedal anymore. Could it be a faulty fuel pump? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Find attached the dashboard lights that came on and the codes obtained after scanning.

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oh... and I'd like to join the BMW WhatsApp group, please. 08092300924
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by mayor2013: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
lanray88:
Good evening, house. I just acquired an e90 325i 2008. Went with a scanner to inspect upon paying for it. Nigerian used and just registered last September 2016 but in all sincerity, the previous owner seems to be pretty reckless and carefree for a BMW owner.

The mechanic scanned and we noticed a few electrical faults which he advised can be fixed as they wouldn't be much of a hassle.

On driving today, start was smooth until I crossed a bump and at first, it flashed the screen wipe water symbol and then started flashing the engine light and also a 4x4 symbol. Now the engine light means loss of power (meaning the engine might not be getting enough fuel from the pump). The 4x4 probably has something to do with its four wheel drive (I'm just guessing anyways).

Since it flashed both lights, car stopped by itself and doesn't respond to acceleration anymore. Upon turning it off and restarting, it revs just once and then doesn't respond again.

Now what it does after starting the engine is that it revs by itself and doesn't respond to the acceleration pedal anymore. Could it be a faulty fuel pump? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Find attached the dashboard lights that came on and the codes obtained after scanning.

Call multiautolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837 to have the car fixed if in lagos
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by erico2k2(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2017
lanray88:

Thanks in advance.

I hope you fix ur car, but lesson learnt, never buy a car with a know fault if you aint a mechanic
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by simplywhy(m): 2:51pm On May 01, 2017
Please add me to the bmw whatsapp group. 07032512004. Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2017
erico2k2:

I hope you fix ur car, but lesson learnt, never buy a car with a know fault if you aint a mechanic

I actually didn't make the conclusion single-handed my, it was a long time mechanic friend that assisted with its purchase. None the less, lesson learnt. Thanks a lot.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2017
lanray88:

I actually didn't make the conclusion single-handed my, it was a long time mechanic friend that assisted with its purchase. None the less, lesson learnt. Thanks a lot.
ok noted
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by TPound(m): 11:22am On May 02, 2017
I'm looking to go for a BMW M6 but so far so good,I haven't heard anyone talk about M powered BMs. Can M Powered BMs work on Nigerian Roads?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by michaelchinedu(m): 1:34am On May 03, 2017
I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean. 
Direct from Germany.
call +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too for more pictures and clean Business thanks

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

Price - 1.2 million
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by dotedote: 9:09pm On May 03, 2017
You can please add me on 08028552222. I'm a BMW fan and owner. Thanks.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 03, 2017
That's limp mode which is normal in BMW to prevent damage to engine if it notices something isn't working right. Sure u should be seeing "engine malfunction, reduced power".

Could be fuel pump, MAF sensor, crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs, coils. All these have made my car go into limp mode before. At least a scan would isolate crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs and coils. U can also disconnect the socket plugging into the maf sensor to isolate it too. If car responds well while unplugged​, then it could be the sensor

Cheers

lanray88:

Thanks in advance.

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 12:24am On May 05, 2017
dillinger:
That's limp mode which is normal in BMW to prevent damage to engine if it notices something isn't working right. Sure u should be seeing "engine malfunction, reduced power".

Could be fuel pump, MAF sensor, crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs, coils. All these have made my car go into limp mode before. At least a scan would isolate crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs and coils. U can also disconnect the socket plugging into the maf sensor to isolate it too. If car responds well while unplugged​, then it could be the sensor

Cheers

Thanks for the response. I actually thought as much but then I figured I wouldn't want to waste time/resources on guess work so I got a good scanner and had the tech guy come over.

On the phone, he guessed it to be an ECU/brain box issue and when he came over, he immediately affirmed it to be what he guessed. He said it'd either be replaced or I can have him work on mine - with which it's faulty parts will be replaced with those of an entirely different and functioning ECU. I agreed to that as I wouldn't be able to afford a brand new ECU. We both eventually settled for 80k which I paid yesterday.

Today, new ECU came in, he tested all connections and wiring before starting the car. All got fixed properly and seem to work fine. All error codes cleared and car driven for a while to see if the warning lights reappear. Nothing.

A few minutes later, he noticed that it's having a high starting. Then we saw a red wheel symbol on the dash which indicates gear/transimission issue. On opening the gear from within the car, a wire was cut off so he had that back together but symbol still persists. Through scanning, he figured out where the fault was and said I'll have to replace a sensor/switch which it's end got broken/damaged from a previous repair done.

In summary, car drives superfine now with no warning lights on dash. Except for this evening when "service engine soon" came on. Another thing I noticed is that after turning off the car and having the gear on P (park) the P light comes on and doesn't go off.

Every other thing works perfectly. I told him (the tech guy) and he said I should give it some time and if it doesn't change, he'll look into in when he's here on Saturday.

That's my report. Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 05, 2017
Happy to hear this. The P light will go minutes after locking the car. Mine does that too, heard it's normal. The ECU installed, is it a recent one different from the one that came with your car.

Check the P light before you unlock your car, u will see it might be off

lanray88:

Thanks for the response. I actually thought as much but then I figured I wouldn't want to waste time/resources on guess work so I got a good scanner and had the tech guy come over.

On the phone, he guessed it to be an ECU/brain box issue and when he came over, he immediately affirmed it to be what he guessed. He said it'd either be replaced or I can have him work on mine - with which it's faulty parts will be replaced with those of an entirely different and functioning ECU. I agreed to that as I wouldn't be able to afford a brand new ECU. We both eventually settled for 80k which I paid yesterday.

Today, new ECU came in, he tested all connections and wiring before starting the car. All got fixed properly and seem to work fine. All error codes cleared and car driven for a while to see if the warning lights reappear. Nothing.

A few minutes later, he noticed that it's having a high starting. Then we saw a red wheel symbol on the dash which indicates gear/transimission issue. On opening the gear from within the car, a wire was cut off so he had that back together but symbol still persists. Through scanning, he figured out where the fault was and said I'll have to replace a sensor/switch which it's end got broken/damaged from a previous repair done.

In summary, car drives superfine now with no warning lights on dash. Except for this evening when "service engine soon" came on. Another thing I noticed is that after turning off the car and having the gear on P (park) the P light comes on and doesn't go off.

Every other thing works perfectly. I told him (the tech guy) and he said I should give it some time and if it doesn't change, he'll look into in when he's here on Saturday.

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Coldplay007(f): 9:46am On May 06, 2017
lanray88:

Lol. you don enter 1 chance. you don enter the trap of a BMW kazeem, it's a never ending vicious cycle. 80k today, 60k tomorrow 70k the following week. Until you see the light.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2017
lanray88:

Thanks in advance.

How is a 325i showing 4x4 sign. Is it an xdrive?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by puntmaniac: 5:35pm On May 06, 2017
please reads me to the whats app group 08139337174.
I'm a proud owner of x5 m53 3.0i
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2017
Coldplay007:

Lol. you don enter 1 chance. you don enter the trap of a BMW kazeem, it's a never ending vicious cycle. 80k today, 60k tomorrow 70k the following week. Until you see the light.

You think?! I'd like to hear your opinion on what could have been wrong with the car, ma'am?

Secondly, there is no cycle with me. I could afford to have the ECU, and I'm damn sure anyone would do the same to have a recently purchased car back on its feet.

Finally, I used an 02 accord for 1.5yrs, an 04 accord for 4yrs right before this. So I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about Kazeems, unfortunately he's not one. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 11:42pm On May 06, 2017
dillinger:
Happy to hear this. The P light will go minutes after locking the car. Mine does that too, heard it's normal. The ECU installed, is it a recent one different from the one that came with your car.

Check the P light before you unlock your car, u will see it might be off

Absolutely true! I just checked and the P (park) light is off. So I guess it went off a few minutes after I'm parked.

According to him, my car is still running on its original ECU (the one that came with it). Only difference is that it's faulty components were replaced with those of another ECU for an e90.

Did a lot of city movements today and car drives fine still. Only thing left is the "rough start". Talked to him earlier today and he said, it's a minor thing and he'll take care of that when he comes around. Looking forward to that!
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lanray88(m): 11:46pm On May 06, 2017
Gee2728:

How is a 325i showing 4x4 sign. Is it an xdrive?

Yes it is an all wheel drive.

Btw, I'm yet to be be added to the WhatsApp group still! sad 08092300924
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 4:23pm On May 07, 2017
lanray88:

You think?! I'd like to hear your opinion on what could have been wrong with the car, ma'am?

Secondly, there is no cycle with me. I could afford to have the ECU, and I'm damn sure anyone would do the same to have a recently purchased car back on its feet.

Finally, I used an 02 accord for 1.5yrs, an 04 accord for 4yrs right before this. So I think I'm pretty knowledgeable about Kazeems, unfortunately he's not one. Thanks.

Your reply is epic!

1,000,000 likes

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 08, 2017
lanray88:

Absolutely true! I just checked and the P (park) light is off. So I guess it went off a few minutes after I'm parked.

According to him, my car is still running on its original ECU (the one that came with it). Only difference is that it's faulty components were replaced with those of another ECU for an e90.

Did a lot of city movements today and car drives fine still. Only thing left is the "rough start". Talked to him earlier today and he said, it's a minor thing and he'll take care of that when he comes around. Looking forward to that!

For the rough starts,

1. Your engine oil may be due for change, change engine oil and oil filter

2. Your camshaft position sensors could be clogged, usually from dirty engine oil. Clean them after changing engine oil

3. it could be engine misfire from dead plugs or ignition coils. use a scanner to identify it and change accordingly

4. Blocked catalyst/"indomie"? I strongly feel there's a connection but I prefer an expert to explain
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by simplywhy(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2017
simplywhy:
Please add me to the bmw whatsapp group. 07032512004. Thanks
please add me back to the group. Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by gadgetman: 5:37pm On May 10, 2017
Pls add me to the group 09065832014
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by siralabai(m): 8:18pm On May 12, 2017
Hey guys, I'm a BMW fan and enthusiast, I got hooked when a 760 hse owner spoke of his exploits with the car, I was astonished when I heard that the beast can gross 300km/h easily despite the weight it carries. Personally, I was swept off when I saw the digits churned out by the M6, I fell in love with the streamlined look of that baby.
PS. I'll love to join the group on WhatsApp here's my email address: siralabai@gmail.com
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by alert20: 12:51pm On May 14, 2017
How much can I get bmw 3series or old lady in Nigeria
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 17, 2017
Pls add 08035540279. I also need a good BMW mechanic in Abuja, pls recommend one
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by earlameen8: 4:41am On Jun 04, 2017
We shall keep it beema
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by kraizybone(m): 11:22am On Jun 05, 2017
I wanna sell my E39.
Price is 600k.
It's in good condition.
Location is PH.
Call me on 08166765044

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by kraizybone(m): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2017
No one wanna have this baby? cry
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by kraizybone(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2017
SA

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.