Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle (12396 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) / LASTMA Official Dies After Chasing Vehicle (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by free2ryhme: 5:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
[img]http://1.bp..com/-l9R30L6DdTY/UAbH_UUfrPI/AAAAAAAAfik/DecmYR9xwzU/s400/00r.jpg[/img]

A Lagos driver driving against traffic has reportedly crushed an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Mustapher Adeleke to death with his blue Volkswagen Bus with registration number: LSR 942XC.

It was gathered that the victim met his untimely death while performing his duty at Oke Afa, Ejigbo area of Lagos with his colleagues who were part of the team deployed in the area to checkmate those driving against traffic along Mile 2.

According to Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA) authorities, it was while the driver of the bus, later identified as Haruna Nuru, was driving against traffic from Isolo end of the road that he hit the 34-year-old officer from behind and sped off when noticed that he had hit a government official. Witnesses at Abimbola Road, near Isolo Bus Stop, later arrested him.

Mustapha was rushed to the Isolo General Hospital where he was confirmed dead by the doctors. His corpse was deposited at the hospital’s morgue.

According to the General Manager of the agency, Mr. Babatunde Edu, the suspect was handed over to the Police at Okota Police Station.

While condoling with the deceased’s family, Edu however prayed that God would grant them the fortitude to bear the loss.

Edu advised motorists to obey traffic rules in the state and desist from attacking, maiming or assaulting innocent officers.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide who confirmed the incident said, “On July 17, 2012, around 1pm at Pako Junction, Okota Road, an accident occurred after the driver of the said vehicle drove against traffic. Five LASTMA officials accosted him.

“One of them stood in front of the vehicle while another one attempted to enter the passenger side. However, the driver sped off. The LASTMA official standing in front of the car managed to escape but the one attempting to enter the passenger’s side was crushed.

“The suspect has been arrested and may be charged with murder or manslaughter based on investigations,” she disclosed.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/19/one-way-driver-crushes-lastma-official-death-lagos/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=one-way-driver-crushes-lastma-official-death-lagos
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Sunofgod(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2012
Died in the line of duty . . . may he rest in pieces.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Osama10(m): 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
This is stupidity.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Isaactop9(m): 6:36am On Jul 19, 2012
Osama10: This is stupidity.
9jaria dont need ppl lyk u but we need ppl lyk him who are ready to die for the truth.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Osama10(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2012
^^^^^

What prevents him from taking the details of the vehicle and following it up from there rather than killing himself for the few change he would have gotten from the offender.

He died because of his greed and that is stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Super1759: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2012
That driver must be a fan of james bond and jack in 24 very much.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Salesmultichoi: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Gone too soon oga ooooo ile je lasma oficial
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by gegee(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2012
these commercial bus drivers ar usually reckless
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by megxo(m): 9:17am On Jul 19, 2012
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa RIPP
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by miteolu(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2012
The deceased Adeleke, 34, joined the Lagos State Civil Service in 2002 as a Traffic Assistant, was married and had children.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by saydfact(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2012
RIP
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by leunamme93(m): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2012
Osama10: ^^^^^

What prevents him from taking the details of the vehicle and following it up from there rather than killing himself for the few change he would have gotten from the offender.
I guess u did not read this line
Haruna Nuru, was driving against traffic from Isolo end of the road that he hit the 34-year-old officer from behind and sped off when noticed that he had hit a government official.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2012
That headline is grossly misleading!
I deducted from the story, as would any reader, I assume, that the LASTMA official wasn't chasing the driver, he was standing by the road and the bus came from behind him.
Why must you mislead people Haba!
Mutane irinka matsala ne ga aikin jarida, 'people like you are a problem to journalism!'

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by floriana(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2012
I wish he is the same one that extorted N10K from me last month. And if he is not the one, I pray a similar thing happen to that particular rogue.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by joskin: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2012
floriana: I wish he is the same one that extorted N10K from me last month. And if he is not the one, I pray a similar thing happen to that particular rogue.

1. What was your offence?
2. If you did not have skeleton in your cupboard you should not have given him money.
3. Are you father xmas? Even millennium father xmas collect gate fee
4. Who knows how you too get your money?
5. That was a good judgement for you because you would have cheated somebody before such event could happen yo you.

5 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Euroclydon(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2012
Him no use him head sha... May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by ifihearam: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2012
Do you know I really don't pity these people and the police each time I hear of their death because they have caused series of death in an attempt to chase bus drivers all because of meagre amount they want and not necessarily traffic offenders.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by dein77(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2012
EyesWideOpen: That headline is grossly misleading!
I deducted from the story, as would any reader, I assume, that the LASTMA official wasn't chasing the driver, he was standing by the road and the bus came from behind him.
Mutane irinka matsala ne ga aikin jarida, 'people like you are a problem to journalism!'
me too tire for this kind reporting oo
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2012

“On July 17, 2012, around 1pm at Pako Junction, Okota Road, an acciden occurred after the driver of the said vehicle drove against traffic. Five LASTMA officials accosted him. One of them stood in front of the vehicle while another one attempted to enter the passenger side. However, the driver sped off the LASTMA official standing in front of the car managed to escape [b but the one attempting to enter he passenger’s side was crushed."[/b]

Frankly, I find it difficult to sympathise with these LASTMA goons whenever any (deserved) misfortune befalls them. They should take a cue from the FRSC which is more civilised and sophisticated. As long as you have an erring driver's vehicle details, it is sufficient to trace him or her and administer appropriate sanctions later. This barbaric style of pursuing people all over the place and trying to gain forceful entry into their vehicles is extremely foolish. Is that how traffic management is done in civilised countries? Let them continue dying for all I care. I shouldn't waste a single tear for these goons.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by nikkyshyne(f): 9:39am On Jul 19, 2012
This is gruesome. But is this Op guy ok at all? Where in the story did the lastma guy chase the driver to meet his doom? O boi, u need to go back to school.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 19, 2012
God knows how many times I have felt like hitting these guys, along with dem 'Road safety'. Rather than assist you when you seem to be having car trouble they will dodge and waylay you suddenly, like predators. Common touts, most of them. That said, R.I.P.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Abujafood: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2012
Osama10: ^^^^^

You sound like a fool!

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Chanchit: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2012
!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Chanchit: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2012
1mins silence for the dead, jst try ur best to continue ur good job, wherever u find urself... Cos egunje dey sweet ooo....! The most annoying part is how they open the door to d owners side sharp sharp, like say them they wait for pesin to commit...

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by GenOrumov: 9:56am On Jul 19, 2012
What sort of headline is this? The driver who took One-way hit him from behind and not what the headline potrays.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 19, 2012
One down,more to go....the st.up.id Lastma has only succeeded in putting the driver in trouble with his st.u.pid Death..to Hell with him.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2012
floriana: I wish he is the same one that extorted N10K from me last month. And if he is not the one, I pray a similar thing happen to that particular rogue.

Man, you're nefarious!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Tonitelli: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
What sort of headline is this? The driver who took One-way hit him from behind and not what the headline potrays.
EyesWideOpen: That headline is grossly misleading!
leunamme93:
I guess u did not read this line
Haruna Nuru, was driving against traffic from Isolo end of the road that he hit the 34-year-old officer from behind and sped off when noticed that he had hit a government official.
The same story at the tail end says he was trying to enter the vehicle and was crushed...make una try read reach the end naa.....

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Skywalker5(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2012
See why Nigerian has problems. No one is condemning the driver that drove against traffic. This guy died trying to enforce the law and see how people are insulting him. He was chasing a criminal and you all sit be hide computers to insult him. You guys are pathetic

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by GenOrumov: 10:12am On Jul 19, 2012
The Lagos State House of Assembly wants to pass a bill that will punish offenders but some people are complaining that the punishments are too stiff. Now, can you all See what One-Way driving has caused? Abeg, jail the driver and subsequent offenders of One-way driving.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Johnsinia(m): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2012
Although, d story state dat d driver hit d lastma guy frm behind. Bt common guys, dats only wat we heard, and i dnt believe it bc d oda lastma guys wuld ve painted d story dat way. What i believe is dat d deceased lastma guy was chasin d driver n on d process of greed, he met his death and dats a straight pathway 2 hell. Anyway, only God knws wat truly happend bt i dnt believ dat story of hitting frm behind joor.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by oiseworld: 10:21am On Jul 19, 2012
RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Near Emir's Palace In Yobe? / I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole / Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Ex-rep’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.