Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle (12408 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) / LASTMA Official Dies After Chasing Vehicle (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by psoto(f): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2012
@Paoster, r u suffering from a writing disease? Can't u see dat d topic isn't going wit u explanantion? Sick is an understatement for ur condition. Mschewww...
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
The Lagos State House of Assembly wants to pass a bill that will punish offenders but some people are complaining that the punishments are too stiff. Now, can you all See what One-Way driving has caused? Abeg, jail the driver and subsequent offenders of One-way driving.
No two ways about it. The least sentence he'll get is life.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2012
Thats what you get when you have fucktards running your Country.

Cut and join measures..

If we had a comprehensive database, there would be no need for this foolishness called LASTMA.. All they would do is simply take down your number, and arrest you from the comfort of your living room...

These LASTMA touts and other state touts can be very over-zealous in the dispensation of their functions...

Its sad he is dead, but I feel no mercy for him...

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by warrior01: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2012
floriana: I wish he is the same one that extorted N10K from me last month. And if he is not the one, I pray a similar thing happen to that particular rogue.
you are not alone on this; one equally extorted 11000 from me in june on an allegation that i crossed the traffic line by some inches. May they all be crushed to pieces. Thieves
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 19, 2012
Whoever created this report should be ***** angry. What confusing elements.

Anyways, crushed chasing a vehicle, crushed trying to Board the vehicle or crushed looking at the vehicle, eh. . . RIP.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by ypzilanti: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2012
Okija_juju: Thats what you get when you have fucktards running your Country.

Cut and join measures..

If we had a comprehensive database, there would be no need for this foolishness called LASTMA.. All they would do is simply take down your number, and arrest you from the comfort of your living room...

These LASTMA touts and other state touts can be very over-zealous in the dispensation of their functions...

The man was a foot soldier, doing his job as he was trained to do it.

Its not his fault that the government has no data base.

LASTMA with all it's flaws is an agency that Lagos State cannot do without, and many of them are proffessional and dedicated in carrying out their duties.

Imagine if na only 'yellow fever' dey conduct traffic for lagos state.

Please remember that a man just died working to feed his family. No allegation of bribe taking has been alleged here.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by DonHummer(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2012
Its very obvious dat evry one here hates dis lastma pple....one thing i am sure dat hapend here is dat d lastma guy opend d door trying to get into d bus forcefuly while d bus is still on d move.. D driver knowin how much dey will collect 4rm hm decided to tak d risk...whc led to d disaster....watch out 4 part 2!!!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by merije1010(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Na waoo R I P.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Skywalker5(m): 10:58am On Jul 19, 2012
Okija_juju: Thats what you get when you have fucktards running your Country.

Cut and join measures..

Word. Spot on.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by oluchi557(f): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2012
Dats terrible
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2012
floriana: I wish he is the same one that extorted N10K from me last month. And if he is not the one, I pray a similar thing happen to that particular rogue.

Guy leave it. I know it's painful. But you have to forget about it and move on. I have once been a victim of traffic police at lions mouth aka Allen junction roundabout. Was particularly painful as they saw it as an opportunity to extort a young driver who has done nothing wrong. Drove all the way from OAU (with all my savings for the semester) without any issues until I was 10min away from home in lag. I swore and cursed the officer after the incident but it was until I put it behind me that I was able to overcome the hurt. RIP Lastma official, may God protect your wife and children from this cruel world.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2012
Too bad! Its just dat a fellow woman have been made a widow and some children fatherless! SMH!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by menix(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2012
psoto: @Paoster, r u suffering from a writing disease? Can't u see dat d topic isn't going wit u explanantion? Sick is an understatement for ur condition. Mschewww...
Sure u aint sufferin 2?... Was d bus packed nd d tout got crushed..4 all i care dey accosted b bus nd d unfortunate happend..
Y wuld pple blive dat a lastma official seez a traffic offender thus turnin his back so dat he did b hit frm behind..
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by muchbeauty(f): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2012
psoto: @Paoster, r u suffering from a writing disease? Can't u see dat d topic isn't going wit u explanantion? Sick is an understatement for ur condition. Mschewww...
must you insult, nigeria ehn....
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2012
warrior01:
you are not alone on this; one equally extorted 11000 from me in june on an allegation that i crossed the traffic line by some inches. May they all be crushed to pieces. Thieves

na waoh, 11k. Highest I ever paid was 3k to traffic police for a very similar offence i.e my front tyres just crossed the stop lines by inches. I reversed when he alerted me of my offence but it was too late and he was adamant on arresting me. He tried forcing me to drive to their mobile court at the council where my car would be seized, had to part with my 3k.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2012
warrior01:
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by floriana(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2012
warrior01:

My 'offence' is the same as urs. The traffic light turned red as I was moving and half the trunk of my car had crossed the line. While one was asking me to retreat, the other had forcefully jumped into my car and took me to where they were smoking igbo where they extorted the 10k on a day I went job hunting. To all those running their mouths about my culpability I say may you experience a day with these evil men and again, I say again may all evil LASTMA officials be crushed to death by any moving objects driven on one way by mad drivers.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by psoto(f): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2012
muchbeauty: must you insult, nigeria ehn....
I didn't mean τ̅☺ insult d guy. Jst dat when I read d topic, I was blaming d poor LASTMA man, only for me τ̅☺ read d story n I found out dat he was innocent. He jst confused us. Make he no vex.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by mankand(m): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2012
Isaactop9: 9jaria dont need ppl lyk u but we need ppl lyk him who are ready to die for the truth.

Die for which truth?

Last time i saw this incindent was 2010 along ojota road where a Lastma official was chasing the driver trying to extort money from him and both were practicing stunts and luck ran against him when he was crused to a contruction truck.

There is never a truth in Nigeria. Ask your PASTORS
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by psoto(f): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2012
menix:
Sure u aint sufferin 2?... Was d bus packed nd d tout got crushed..4 all i care dey accosted b bus nd d unfortunate happend..
Y wuld pple blive dat a lastma official seez a traffic offender thus turnin his back so dat he did b hit frm behind..
I'm nt suffering from anything. If u can't read well, I can. D story says d driver was on d wrong side of d road n he hit him n ran away( τ̅☺ save his head). Tu comprend
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2012
floriana:

My 'offence' is the same as urs. The traffic light turned red as I was moving and half the trunk of my car had crossed the line. While one was asking me to retreat, the other had forcefully jumped into my car and took me to where they were smoking igbo where they extorted the 10k on a day I went job hunting. To all those running their mouths about my culpability I say may you experience a day with these evil men and again, I say again may all evil LASTMA officials be crushed to death by any moving objects driven on one way by mad drivers.

Seems they like arresting drivers that crossed the stop line by few inches. No wonder those agberos and commercial bus drives call them "LINESMAN" instead of "Lastma". grin
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by AnotherOkija: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2012
ypzilanti:

The man was a foot soldier, doing his job as he was trained to do it.

Its not his fault that the government has no data base.

LASTMA with all it's flaws is an agency that Lagos State cannot do without, and many of them are proffessional and dedicated in carrying out their duties.

Imagine if na only 'yellow fever' dey conduct traffic for lagos state.

Please remember that a man just died working to feed his family. No allegation of bribe taking has been alleged here.

The man is a foot soldier.. However, what he was doing was more about selfishness than it was about doing his work.. I can bet my bottom dollar that when he jumped that vehicle, he was more intyerested in the bribe he would extort from the driver than he was in getting the driver to obey the traffic laws..

Its not his fault that the government has no Data base, however, its not the governments fault that he stood in front of a vehicle.. I can bet you thats not in his scope of work..

LASTMA is an agency that Lagos cannot do without and I absolutely agree with you, but however, it dosent negate the fact that LASTMA is only there because the Traffic unit of the Nigerian Police and the FRSC which are a better and more professionally trained outfit, have both neglected their duties hence the use of untrained touts to molest drivers..

The man died working, however he died foolishly and inasmuchas no allegation of bribery has been indicated, all drivers who have experinced the molestation of LASTMA know that its a case of Guilty until proven innocent..

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2012
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by hbrednic: 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
even though i have no love for the devils called LASTMA,
I feel for the departed young man.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by plato7: 12:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
Rip,died on active duty
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by echobee(f): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
one by one
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Melahou(m): 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
1000 ways to die [b][/b]
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Sagytarius(m): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Despite the fact that I wouldn't want to disobey traffic laws, but I'll always have my all-four-doors locked and windows wound up.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Felicita(f): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
Only two months ago, one of them colleceted 20,000.00 from me, for cutting and dropping an incoming call.

Was even demanding for 60,000.00, but settled for that when we got to their Office in Victoria Island.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
nikkyshyne: This is gruesome. But is this Op guy ok at all? Where in the story did the lastma guy chase the driver to meet his doom? O boi, u need to go back to school.

You should read the article again, though it has contradictions about what really happened.

One of them stood in front of the vehicle while another one attempted to enter the passenger side. However, the driver sped off. The LASTMA official standing in front of the car managed to escape but the one attempting to enter the passenger’s side was crushed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anyim Pius Anyim Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today / Saraki, Kwara's New Law And Its Implication For Our Democratic System / Buhari Summons IGP Over Benue Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.