Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle (12409 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) / LASTMA Official Dies After Chasing Vehicle (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by SpaceAngel: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
one thing i hate about lastma and all those uniformed men that control traffic is that they can accuse you of anything and then it becomes your word against theirs. They are so callous and can demand whatever from you especially if you drive a nice looking car. With the new fines and imprisonment imposed on offenders (scape goats) in lagos, the BRIBE they will be collecting will now be outrageous. Imagine your tyre being on top, not crossing the BRT lane marking and a lastma official stopping you and saying if you dont give me X naira you will be charged for driving against traffic and you know it's a three year jail offence.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Sagytarius(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by wirewire(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Tonitelli:
The same story at the tail end says he was trying to enter the vehicle and was crushed...make una try read reach the end naa.....
What a story. was he crushed chasing a car or was he hit from behind? either way he has died.
RIP, others be carefull because seriously i hate the sight of you men on the road.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by wirewire(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
SpaceAngel: one thing i hate about lastma and all those uniformed men that control traffic is that they can accuse you of anything and then it becomes your word against theirs. They are so callous and can demand whatever from you especially if you drive a nice looking car. With the new fines and imprisonment imposed on offenders (scape goats) in lagos, the BRIBE they will be collecting will now be outrageous. Imagine your tyre being on top, not crossing the BRT lane marking and a lastma official stopping you and saying if you dont give me X naira you will be charged for driving against traffic and you know it's a three year jail offence.
dnt worry the bad ones will all be cruched soonest
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by menix(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
psoto:
I'm nt suffering from anything. If u can't read well, I can. D story says d driver was on d wrong side of d road n he hit him n ran away( τ̅☺ save his head). Tu comprend
kindly go back 2 d stowii nd read dat of the police public relation officer...
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Skmoda360(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
Osama10: This is stupidity.
indeed!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by alex406(m): 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
Why must our journalist mislead the readers? The truth is the lastma official was chasing a bus with a bike,on getting close to the bus,he speedily jumped from the bike while the bike was on motion and a bus from behind crushed him.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by fankasibe: 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
Let me explain the headline
The LASMA was chasing the car from behind and he got tire and died wit blood gushing out from his body.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by nikkyshyne(f): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
TroGunn:

You should read the article again, though it has contradictions about what really happened.

Thank God you know it has contradictions. I still can't read in the article where the official was "chasing" the bus. There were 2 stories given for the death. One was narrated by the Lastma guyz themselves who were eyewitnesses. One was narrated by 1 Ngozi who was probably sleeping on her office desk at the time of incidence.

How can a person be crushed to death just by being at the side of a vehicle zooming forward. While the person at the forefront wriggled out? undecided

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by andyanders: 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
That is pure murder he will be facing and not manslaughter. Most of these Danfo drivers are hired assassins and should be executed.

They don't have brain only think with their legs. Well, at least he should be looking at life imprisonment and nothing else.
I still do warn most of these LASTMA officials. Most of them do not know their duty at all. You see them asking for money shamelessly from these motorists and that is why these drivers don't respect them. Most of these officers come out to look for their private cash despite that they were been paid.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by awesomet1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
miteolu: The deceased Adeleke, 34, joined the Lagos State Civil Service in 2002 as a Traffic Assistant, was married and had children.
Is this how fragile life is? RIP bro
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by psoto(f): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
menix:
K. I'll do jst dat.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by psoto(f): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2012
menix:
Now I have read it. Sorry for d earlier insult. So I can't read well after all. Smh for myself.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by olushollys(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
floriana: I wish he is the same one that extorted N10K from me last month. And if he is not the one, I pray a similar thing happen to that particular rogue.

Kilode? Abeg 4give him now how much is 10K dat u want him dead? All of us has sined or cheated oone anoda b4 biko,pls don't wish ur broda dead!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by touchmehard: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
This reminds me of Sergent Sunday Badang who died in Kano trying 2 defuse a bomb in Kano. Just look at what the level of recklessness and disobedience to law and order has caused.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
O ni fe pa LASTMA si one way? joooooooooooooooooooooooooooor oooo grin
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Keegan: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2012
Thank you all for your contributions, positive and negative alike. People have suggested better ways as been done elsewhere. Government should please listen, and do something urgent. Today it is the LASTMA man and it could be anyone tomorrow. What if as the driver sped off, then rammed his vehicle on other road users e.g. school children, bystanders even other vehicle which could be yours or mine? We are getting more and more careless and precious lives are been lost on daily basis via avoidable occurences. It is time we join hand together and start doing what is right. As someone wrote in his post above, our law enforcers surpose to be helpers and friends of the public, but unfortunately not.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by menix(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
psoto:
Now I have read it. Sorry for d earlier insult. So I can't read well after all. Smh for myself.
Laughz in nkpokiti....U ve acted maturedly nd am proud..
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by geniusbami(m): 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
Super1759: That driver must be a fan of james bond and jack in 24 very much.
Camera! Light!! Action!!! Abeg, wey the stunts man in yellow top? ..still practicing how to enter a vehicle in motion. THE END!!
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by fm7070: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
these are what you get when an institution is not people friendly.
come to Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and see how police and other paramilitaries interact with citizens
when LASTMA guys arrest, distabilise you over a simple thing they should have corrected you, next time you see them, you will run away before they try to put heavy load on your head again. Same thing goes with FRSC.
If any of them ever try to stop me and I see that the road is free, they're dead meat already.
I've been a good citizen with them in the past, but I realise that they're bunch of tugs, thieves and idiots
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by inice(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
I think these ppl should be ethically trained not to be running after vehicles. It's nt done lyk this abroad.
Motor no dey look face.
Anyway R.I.P
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by wolebs0007(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
Rip
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by y2kaustin(m): 8:45am On Jul 20, 2012
Isaactop9: 9jaria dont need ppl lyk u but we need ppl lyk him who are ready to die for the truth.
...How did u know he was ready to die d truth,u urself r u sincerely read 2 die for d truth now?No lie oh
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by Skywalker5(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2012
fankasibe: Let me explain the headline
The LASMA was chasing the car from behind and he got tire and died wit blood gushing out from his body.

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by doublecross(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2012
EyesWideOpen: That headline is grossly misleading!
I deducted from the story, as would any reader, I assume, that the LASTMA official wasn't chasing the driver, he was standing by the road and the bus came from behind him.
Why must you mislead people Haba!
Mutane irinka matsala ne ga aikin jarida, 'people like you are a problem to journalism!'
i hate stories like this. this is a very bad and misleading report. this is a blow to journalism.
Re: LASTMA Official Dies Chasing After A Vehicle by stalexy: 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
dont blame him. he needed to confirm d realities of dose actors in dere movies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern States To Construct Lagos-Calabar Rail Line / I Don’t Care If Obaseki Betrays Me – Oshiomhole / I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.