Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309380 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2012
Yvete:

grin Looks like someone sneaked out of his hiding place last night! Guess its no longer cozy in there.

@Biofem2000 Congrats to your son.

Hehehehe. I've actually not been hiding you know. Been out here in the open, just silent & following attentively.lol. When the time comes for me for me to start receiving i-20s & start booking appointments, then I'll be sure to bombard the thread with my questions if any cheesy but then I'm really learning a lot already. & as to how cozy my "hiding place" is, feel free to come and find out! cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by swaggz101(m): 8:11am On Dec 20, 2012
dmoney104: Dos age hav any effect on visa granting,,,becos am 22yrs going 4 my master.....
Do you think ur too old or too young? most grad students abroad are between 20 to 24 years, maybe cos ur in naija thats y u think ur young sha, lol. I think its a huge advantage for you, it means ur a smart kid who can overcome the tough naija conditions easily and can definitely do well abroad. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2012
@yvette my brother saw the sch and told me about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2012
phateemah73: @yvette my brother saw the sch and told me about it

Don't worry about its reputation. Like i wrote to you earlier, use your associates as a reason for not writing SAT and take the proof/result/certificate with you. Correct all previous mistakes as marked below. Refrain from the words diploma, O' Levels, its confusing.
Your previous interview is kinda hard to read & decipher because you typed it messy. Good luck at your next interview!

phateemah73: I will tell u how it went so u can give me advice. Vo: which school in d state re u going, me: told her, vo: major, me: comp sci, vo: did u apply for other sch, me: yes told her the two Sach, (list 3-4 schools across the US) vo: why this sch and not the other one, me: i was contented (I am content with) about the sch and they av bla bla bla ( i told her what i saw on this Trend) (don't copy whats on here, be creative with your answers), (I fu.cked up (censor: grin bleep) there cos its a scholarship, vo: was a lil silent) did u use Sat for the admission, me: no, i didn't use toefl, i [s]used only my o level, transcript and my comp cert,[/s] (Plug in the other answer with your 2 yr associates) vo: i mean SAT, me: no (cos its been waived) SAT is waived because I've taken College level classes with a 2 year Associates degree at UI and sent proof of my result to the school before admission, and also got a partial scholarship with it. Say this verbatim, don't add or subtract. , vo: when did u finish ur high sch, me: 04, vo: so what av u been doing since den; me: i did a 2yrs degree foundation program in 2006, i did comp training and since then av been into biz wit my mum (Re-phrase and give better explanation to what you've been doing with your life since '06) , vo: are u wit ur transcript, me: yeah gave her; vo: who's ur sponsor, me: my parent( i put my mum in who will pay for ur trip in d ds 160) so i don't really know maybe i made a mistake there; vo: what re they doing; me: i told her, vo: do u av their statement here?, me: i gave her wit the reference letter, vo: she checked it slip by slip) u said u did a degree foundation program, do u av any proof here, me: i said no (You know what to do here, huh? And if asked about credit transfer, say the truth) . Dat was all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hope changing the number of schools i applied to won't raise any red flag cos i heard they always have the record of the first interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yetflakkie(f): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sent.
Got it....tanx a bunch! Merry xmas in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
dmoney104: Dos age hav any effect on visa granting,,,becos am 22yrs going 4 my master.....

Sweet you. Go on, you got no problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
phateemah73: @yvette... Pls what's the deal with liberty university lynchburg, virginia. Hope the sch is not bad sha

Fatima going to christian college *raised eye brow*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
kpolli:

Fatima going to christian college *raised eye brow*

lolzzzz.....Leave her abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dmoney104(m): 4:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
@imperiouxx, thanks 4 d comment, just dat am still afriad becos of my school(viu) and I did not write any of d exams, jst graduated dis year ba in English(uniport) GPA 3.5 and am going 4 my masters in VIU , (tesol...).ANY ADVICE ON DIS, MY INTERVIEW IS KUMIN UP SOON
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phateemah73(f): 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
Lol! Na to go school, Leave me o abeg...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
dmoney104: @imperiouxx, thanks 4 d comment, just dat am still afriad becos of my school(viu) and I did not write any of d exams, jst graduated dis year ba in English(uniport) GPA 3.5 and am going 4 my masters in VIU , (tesol...).ANY ADVICE ON DIS, MY INTERVIEW IS KUMIN UP SOON

At this moment, you should be thinking on how to defend yourself and leave everything to your luck. Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
phateemah73: Hope changing the number of schools i applied to won't raise any red flag cos i heard they always have the record of the first interview.

Type/write down about 20 questions, get your thought processes to work and prepare sample answers for your interview creatively. Study it! DON'T COPY OFF NAIRALAND.
The major issue you've got is 6 years gap of unproductivity. Could be the reason you were denied. Fix it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nw I'm really jealous of all you stem pple o!! *Crying* it's not fair joo! Wht would an Economics major like me nau do??! They shld better pass a bill for us aswel!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
Please house what is the meaning of student DSI?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hello house,merry xmas to everyone in advance, pls gurus am resuming
On d 8th of Jan for my undergraduate degree, pls how do I go abt d
Health issurance stuff my skool request tat I bring it along wen comin
Or I do it wen I get to d states and pls is dere anything else I need
To get before moving...pls let d gurus help me out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
@yvete
Pls any idea?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
Seunbunmi: @yvete Pls any idea?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
@yvete
Thanks,yes o I can't wait for d transfer o because MSU tuition is too
Expensive. You promise to help me on how to go abt d transfer
to HCC, pls kindly let me know what to do. Dis is my email I.d
Benjamin_tosin@yahoo.com tanx alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
Tee.tee:
Nw I'm really jealous of all you stem pple o!! *Crying* it's not fair joo! Wht would an Economics major like me nau do??! They shld better pass a bill for us aswel!

Face New York or San Francisco after graduating and u myt get sponsor for H1B
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Tee.tee:

Change to science and never say never......looool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:16am On Dec 21, 2012
Seunbunmi: Hello house,merry xmas to everyone in advance, pls gurus am resuming
On d 8th of Jan for my undergraduate degree, pls how do I go abt d
Health issurance stuff my skool request tat I bring it along wen comin
Or I do it wen I get to d states and pls is dere anything else I need
To get before moving...pls let d gurus help me out.

Without health insurance, International student won't be allowed to do course registration. You got to do it anywhere covering US territories. I use this site http://www.nriol.net/

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 1:40am On Dec 21, 2012
dammy1102:

@obusco4lyfe

NO............
Credit Card is not allowed for most countries, Nigeria Inclusive, so even if you try to make payments online it will tell you straight up that it's not allowed.

i usually make payment via western union quick transfer with all the I-20 details. it takes approximately 3-5 business days or less to have the receipt available online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/dhs/loadSearchPage.do

Anyone with a detailed info on the bold text should please help asap.

Awaiting your call imperiouxx, thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Square65:

Anyone with a detailed info on the bold text should please help asap.

Awaiting your call imperiouxx, thanks!

I'll surely do, let me out of this place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nifty: 2:39am On Dec 21, 2012
@imperiouxx and all here that has dealt with wes before there is this guy in who is currently studying in malaysia so he is trying to transfer to an american university his uni in malay sent his transcript to wes but the problem is with waec his waec result was recieved successfully and wes said they are waiting for verification letter from waec the guys that had to go to waec to get the verification letter and sent it to wes twice already via fedex but wes keeps refusing the verification letter saying it was not sent the its supposed to what might be the problem here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:20am On Dec 21, 2012
imperiouxx: Without health insurance, International student won't be allowed to do course registration. You got to do it anyway covering US territories. I use this site http://www.nriol.net/
Seunbunmi: @yvete Dis is my email I.d Benjamin_tosin@yahoo.com tanx alot. pls how do I go abt d Health issurance stuff my skool request ...

Didn't know you can purchase insurance for students online. Lemme forward it to the guy before he blames me for not getting it cheap!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:34am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Didn't know you can purchase insurance for students online. Lemme forward it to the guy before he blames me for not getting it so dang cheap!

That's what I use all the time(for summer, fall and spring registration). And you can buy as low as $180 for 4 months provided that you don't sick at all like me. If you are below 25 you pay lesser for the least plan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:38am On Dec 21, 2012
imperiouxx: That's what I use all the time(for summer, fall and spring registration). And you can buy as low as $180 for 4 months provided that you don't sick at all like me. If you are below 25 you pay lesser for the least plan.

I feel silly right now. You wont believe that I paid $650 each semester for 4 years! I went to the student clinic once in 2010 for a lil fever and they still billed me $2.50 for Ibrufrofen. I did a rough quote on that website and it showed like $90 x 5 months. That's so dang cheap! I'll get it for mamacita tomorrow. How much did you pay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:40am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

I feel silly right now. You wont believe that I paid $650 each semester for 4 years! I went to the student clinic once in 2010 for a lil fever and they still billed me $2.50 for Ibrufrofen. I did a rough quote on that website and it showed like $90 x 5 months. That's so dang cheap! I'll get it for mamacita tomorrow. How much did you pay?

For spring 2013, I paid $113 for 4 months for the least plan. I no dey sick, I only give the company free money every 4 months. Let mamacita spend some Naira o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:42am On Dec 21, 2012
imperiouxx: For spring 2013, I paid $113 for 4 months for the least plan. I no dey sick, I only give the company free money every 4 months.

Thanks for this info. Yeah she's under 25. Did they need any document from you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:44am On Dec 21, 2012
Yvete:

Thanks for this info. Yeah she's under 25. Did they need any document from you?

Never, just pay using debit or credit card.....You get your insurance ID number in your mail box. QED!

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.