Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,153 members, 7,852,930 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309573 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 3:01am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

Well when there are more nurses than patients, shey the ppl that u made switch careers would still agree wiv u

Which bitter truth? Sorry to say anyone that came to this country and switched cos of situation can at best end up comfortable and not rich... How many nurses can set up successful businesses?

Where in my post have I advised people to switch career? I am only talking from my own personal experience. If I am to advise people to switch careers, it won't even be nursing. I assume you already know what career I would advise people to switch to.

In any case, a prudent BSN holder will successfully set up a business back home if he/she wants.

Or are you telling me that the IT guys or engineers who earn 6 figures can't save up and set up a business if they want?

Let's be realistic bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 3:02am On Jan 06, 2013
Yvete:

You're perfectly fine with physics. Don't worry about it. Having witnessed frustration from many friends here owing to the H1b thing, I always advise people to major in something marketable in the US. I've know Nigerians with MBAs that are doing well and know a lot that have moved back to Nigeria with frustration. The question is, what concentration or focus did you major in? Think about it this way, its you against the pool of applicants most of which are authorized to work. How do I make myself worthy of sponsorship by my Employer? That's the idea. With your degree, you'll be alright.

So on point.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:09am On Jan 06, 2013
@ Geodarmy.

Don't mind kpolli. You meant well with your posts though like he rightfully said, people with low reasoning will think that its STEM or nothing. Well, if they are moving back to Nigeria or confident in their future goals with a degree like Anthropology for instance, there is nothing to worry about. To be marketable here, maybe they can creatively find/export fossil remains to museums in the US for business purposes. H1b not needed for that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:10am On Jan 06, 2013
Yvete: @ Geoarmy.

Don't mind kpolli. You meant well with your posts though like he rightfully said, people with low reasoning will think that its STEM or nothing. Well, if they are moving back to Nigeria or confident in their future goals with a degree like Anthropology for instance, there is nothing to worry about. To be marketable here, maybe they can creatively find/export fossil remains to musuems in the US for business purposes. H1b not needed for that.

Sorry I didn't talk to you today....I was so pissed. At bold, you're bad you know I told you grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:13am On Jan 06, 2013
geodarmy:

Where in my post have I advised people to switch career? I am only talking from my own personal experience. If I am to advise people to switch careers, it won't even be nursing. I assume you already know what career I would advise people to switch to.

In any case, a prudent BSN holder will successfully set up a business back home if he/she wants.

Or are you telling me that the IT guys or engineers who earn 6 figures can't save up and set up a business if they want?

Let's be realistic bro.

So ur post was about what? I am being realistic... Not everyone can be into IT, an engineer n co. Yes the profession is in hot demand now but when the market is saturated, the so-called not hot degrees would become the new green card applicants... As I said earlier, I believe in sticking to your dream... If your not happy in your profession, how would you grow? Never work for the money, a rich successful man would always tell you that....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 3:18am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

Well after meeting the first 2, I don't even smile at anyone of them.... So I haven't had the chance to meet any other one

It would shock you the amount of the females u see here were once males, and now adam's apple doesn't even differentiate them again
Me sef I go dey ration and control my smile from now ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:21am On Jan 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sorry I didn't talk to you today....I was so pissed. At bold, you're bad you know I told you grin grin grin

My one and only imperiouxx out of all Imperiouxxes! Lol. I'm in Dallas for the weekend. Doing nairaland with my phone. Howz your weekend? Take it easy. You seem kinda upset today, unlike you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 3:22am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

So ur post was about what? I am being realistic... Not everyone can be into IT, an engineer n co. Yes the profession is in hot demand now but when the market is saturated, the so-called not hot degrees would become the new green card applicants... As I said earlier, I believe in sticking to your dream... If your not happy in your profession, how would you grow? Never work for the money, a rich successful man would always tell you that....

Yvette said it all, no further comment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:27am On Jan 06, 2013
geodarmy:

Yvette said it all, no further comment.

Looool don't take his comment personally. Your original comment came across as oil and gas or nothing, but for you to take the time to type all that shows that you mean well. Just accept criticism and move on. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 3:31am On Jan 06, 2013
Ehn...while we are on this topic o...what's anybody's experience with PhD in Ecology? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 3:33am On Jan 06, 2013
Yvete:

Looool don't take his comment personally. Your original comment came across as oil and gas or nothing, but for you to take the time to type all that shows that you mean well. Just accept criticism and move on. grin

I don't take peoples comment on social forums personal.......I will be stupid to be "beafing or fighting" someone I don't know or can see... grin

I am accepting criticism now and moving on.....lol.

Kpolli: What is your major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:34am On Jan 06, 2013
Yvete:

See Yvete forming peace maker... cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:38am On Jan 06, 2013
Yvete:

My one and only imperiouxx out of all Imperiouxxes! Lol. I'm in Dallas for the weekend. Doing nairaland with my phone. Howz your weekend? Take it easy. You seem kinda upset today, unlike you.

Don't make mess of someone's long dreamed career!
Don't make mess of someone's interest!
Face your own business!
If you got nothing good to say, lipsrsealed the fucck off!

Comply with these, I'll be in peace with you. All my altercations on this thread right from Part 1 is people doing any of those.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:38am On Jan 06, 2013
geodarmy:

I don't take peoples comment on social forums personal.......I will be stupid to be "beafing or fighting" someone I don't know or can see... grin

I am accepting criticism now and moving on.....lol.

Kpolli: What is your major?

I don't have a problem with u but considering the Nigerians I have met here in this post, I feel your write up would confuse them more.....

Imagine seeing ppl come here n ask how they can apply to a uni and what course? Now everyone would ask what STEM course... Sorry to say most Nigerians are confused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 3:39am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli: See Yvete forming peace maker... cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Man, its a priviledge and I'm so happy to do so. Loooool. Me of all people?? God is good!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:40am On Jan 06, 2013
Mystiqme: Ehn...while we are on this topic o...what's anybody's experience with PhD in Ecology? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Loooool....you get leaf card! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 3:43am On Jan 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Loooool....you get leaf card! grin
Taink God ooo. At least e get green colour.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MsNas(f): 3:44am On Jan 06, 2013
Yvete:

You're perfectly fine with physics. Don't worry about it. Having witnessed frustration from many friends here owing to the H1b thing, I always advise people to major in something marketable in the US. I've know Nigerians with MBAs that are doing well and know a lot that have moved back to Nigeria with frustration. The question is, what concentration or focus did you major in? Think about it this way, its you against the pool of applicants most of which are authorized to work. How do I make myself worthy of sponsorship by my Employer? That's the idea. With your degree, you'll be alright.

That's whatsup!! Thanks B. One thing that just irks me on this forum is some people that adopt the know-all attitude and talk as if everyone that ask questions on here are scatterbrained! I know what I want and imma go all out for it, shikena!
Btw....the nursing sacarsm directed at me is... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:45am On Jan 06, 2013
Mystiqme:
Taink God ooo. At least e get green colour.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na dry leaf color I mean o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 3:46am On Jan 06, 2013
Ms Nas:
That's whatsup!! Thanks B. One thing that just irks me on this forum is some people that adopt the know-all attitude and talk as if everyone that ask questions on here are scatterbrained! I know what I want and imma go all out for it, shikena!
Btw....the nursing sacarsm directed at me is... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ahn ahn.... Sister T**a is taking it P
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 3:49am On Jan 06, 2013
Ms Nas:

Please, go for rocket science. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 3:59am On Jan 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Na dry leaf color I mean o grin
Hahaha,that's not nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by MsNas(f): 4:11am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

Ahn ahn.... Sister T**a is taking it P
Hehehe! *clapping my hand* and how you take know my name o? Brooooos! wink
geodarmy:

Please, go for rocket science. grin
Oga....after you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bukahands(m): 4:12am On Jan 06, 2013
Geodarmy check ur mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by geodarmy: 4:22am On Jan 06, 2013
bukahands: Geodarmy check ur mail

I did already. NL only notified me of you trying to contact, and that was all

Ms Nas:
Oga....after you.

Person go don know say you be "Lasgidi" girl. I can smell it... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 4:34am On Jan 06, 2013
Wheeeew!

Where do I start from? It's like I have so much to respond to since I've been lurking around as usual but will only say this much.

I seem to understand everyone's opinion on the STEM, going back home issues, etc., and agree with all of them to a large extent.

One thing I've learned and I've always advised anyone coming down here is "HAVE A PLAN" (with its contingencies). Of course, "TO EACH HIS/HER OWN".

Another thing I've learned about America is that there is a system that works but you have to make the system work for YOU. How to achieve this is a function of so many things (STEM, Phd, marriage, return home, etc)including luck which I really don't rely on anyway. (I already assume God is a constant factor).

I don't doubt anyone who claims (s)he will return home neither do I criticise those who decide to stay back. I just assume that's what the person has worked out to be the "best" for him/her based on (s)he knows at that moment. (plus, unless it has been made so, I don't think it should be much of my business).

When I was about to wed a few months before my visa interview, I heard a lot of things that should've discouraged me but right now, with my precious little daughter, all I know is that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life! I would make that choice over and over again if I had the chance.

Just to note that as for me, on whether staying here or going back home, I think I share the same thinking with Kpolli. "Na anywhere belle face!" (but I've a serious bias for here of course).

DISCLAIMER
Anywhere does not include Afghanistan, Yemen and the likes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:36am On Jan 06, 2013
Ms Nas:

Everyone knows who you are. Your NL profile linked with your twitter linked with your facebook and your facebook privacy isn't set so I can link it with your email which linked with your home address, date of birth, marital status, friends and phone number.....on and on. This is internet, nothing is safe. Set your privacy abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:41am On Jan 06, 2013
Ms Nas:

Oga....after you.

Watching CSI helps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:41am On Jan 06, 2013
geodarmy:

I did already. NL only notified me of you trying to contact, and that was all

Person go don know say you be "Lasgidi" girl. I can smell it... grin

Spot on, thought I was the only one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:42am On Jan 06, 2013
Square65: Wheeeew!

Where do I start from? It's like I have so much to respond to since I've been lurking around as usual but will only say this much.

I seem to understand everyone's opinion on the STEM, going back home issues, etc., and agree with all of them to a large extent.

One thing I've learned and I've always advised anyone coming down here is "HAVE A PLAN" (with its contingencies). Of course, "TO EACH HIS/HER OWN".

Another thing I've learned about America is that there is a system that works but you have to make the system work for YOU. How to achieve this is a function of so many things (STEM, Phd, marriage, return home, etc)including luck which I really don't rely on anyway. (I already assume God is a constant factor).

I don't doubt anyone who claims (s)he will return home neither do I criticise those who decide to stay back. I just assume that's what the person has worked out to be the "best" for him/her based on (s)he knows at that moment. (plus, unless it has been made so, I don't think it should be much of my business).

When I was about to wed a few months before my visa interview, I heard a lot of things that should've discouraged me but right now, with my precious little daughter, all I know is that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life! I would make that choice over and over again if I had the chance.

Just to note that as for me, on whether staying here or going back home, I think I share the same thinking with Kpolli. "Na anywhere belle face!" (but I've a serious bias for here of course).

[b]DISCLAIMER

Anywhere does not include Afghanistan, Yemen and the likes.[/b]

Gbam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:42am On Jan 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

Everyone knows who you are. Your NL profile linked with your twitter linked with your facebook and your facebook privacy isn't set so I can link it with your email which linked with home address, date of birth, marital status and phone number.....on and on. This is internet, nothing is safe. Set your privacy abeg.

And imperriouxx blows our cover undecided angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:43am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

And imperriouxx blows our cover undecided angry

looool, I want her to set her privacy ni grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.