Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308918 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pls everyone, I have a question to ask.
After changing my mind about VIU, Yvete and others said I have to write the SAT and TOEFL exams but the problem now is I don't know how to go about dat. The next TOEFL exams in lagos is on d 25th of January and I dunno abt SAT yet, but I want to enroll for the Fall session. Do U think I can still meet up or should I just go for another session? I learnt the SAT exams takes close to four months for preparation... Please advise Me 'coz I know You all have gone thru dis stage before. I will be applying as an Undergraduate to study Business Administration. Thanks for your help always.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
olarwarlay: Pls everyone, I have a question to ask.
After changing my mind about VIU, Yvete and others said I have to write the SAT and TOEFL exams but the problem now is I don't know how to go about dat. The next TOEFL exams in lagos is on d 25th of January and I dunno abt SAT yet, but I want to enroll for the Fall session. Do U think I can still meet up or should I just go for another session? I learnt the SAT exams takes close to four months for preparation... Please advise Me 'coz I know You all have gone thru dis stage before. I will be applying as an Undergraduate to study Business Administration. Thanks for your help always.

Go to google and read about these 2 exams..... Am 150% sure I told u to take the 2 exams earlier on today... When I become rude, ppl would say am mean

Your 27yrs old, I expect that its easy for you understand somethings... It should only take a month to prepare, except you no know book
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli:

Lol..... If we can find a bride before then wink

But bros even if, prepare to go to Naija, am not marrying any girl in this country so she can use my sweat as AC.... God forbid... Taking oaths under Nigerian law

I'm branded and strictly Naija and Naija cells are in my blood. I'm marrying a Nigerian but I'm not working in Nigeria and I'm not the first or the last. Anyone can build mansion with mouth but I won't.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
olarwarlay: Pls everyone, I have a question to ask.

You don't need to rush yourself. I still believe much in Fall interview having much success rate. Do the SAT last(sometime around May before your school deadline) and plan your interview against fall 2013. You should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm branded and strictly Naija and Naija cells are in my blood. I'm marrying a Nigerian but I'm not working in Nigeria and I'm not the first or the last. Anyone can build mansion with mouth but I won't.

Of course am marrying a Nigerian but the venue of my wedding will not be here.... Am not buying that 50-50 rubbish in case she wants to divorce... Hope u get me now?

All the akata females I have met since I got here were once males... So mehn am not adventuring into anything here in America... I love my Naija girls... And about working, wherever God opens a door for me, I will go... I will not work as a prison guard all in the name of staying here like that dude in the other thread...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by iykrion(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
ferdimako:

So u can see he is funding his studies? Some people are well off here already or will be when they return. My brother is bringing in a condition we return after studies.He's well-off here and doesn't see the need to roam abroad.I don't think I will kill myself to live abroad ooo.Get d citizenship and move on.

That's what imperiouxx & co, have refused to see. Well, I won't over-flog the issue. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
iykrion:

That's what imperiouxx & co, have refused to see. Well, I won't over-flog the issue. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Hey! Stop all this. I'm trying to tell you that issue of coming or not has always derail this thread. You got your visa without saying a word here, your first comment on this thread was bizarre and still ranting imperiouxx. Get to US first and signify you are in Nigeria after 2 years of your program then I'll will take you as a man of his words but if not.......Abeg! Don't mention imperiouxx again......Ok! I'll say nothing to you on this issue anymore. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by iykrion(m): 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's the starting point, I just don't want to say that. Everything starting N will change. How many we haven't seen or heard of? Abeg!

Nigeria is a gold mine waiting to be tapped. With an American degree, the sky is my limit. I did research this b4 deciding to invest millions of naira in this venture. FYI, I graduated from the University in 2003 and did my first MA in Strategic Studies in 2007. So, I am not looking for an escape route. So, u can see that I am not a child as u may assume.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

Hey! Stop all this. I'm trying to tell you that issue of coming or not has always derail this thread. You got your visa without saying a word here, your first comment on this thread was bizarre and still ranting imperiouxx. Get to US first and signify you are in Nigeria after 2 years of your program then I'll will take you as a man of his words but if not.......Abeg! Don't mention imperiouxx again......Ok! I'll say nothing to you on this issue anymore. angry
iykrion:

Nigeria is a gold mine waiting to be tapped. With an American degree, the sky is my limit. I did research this b4 deciding to invest millions of naira in this venture. FYI, I graduated from the University in 2003 and did my first MA in Strategic Studies in 2007. So, I am not looking for an escape route. So, u can see that I am not a child as u may assume.

Truth is that both of you have your points but in this argument, they can not be a winner.... So put down ur swords and pop champagne.... I am sipping my vodka, dunno about u cool

And egbon, Nigeria is a gold mine that can only be tapped by few.... It's not a PLC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by iykrion(m): 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli:

Truth is that both of you have your points but in this argument, they can not be a winner.... So put down ur swords and pop champagne.... I am sipping my vodka, dunno about u cool

And egbon, Nigeria is a gold mine that can only be tapped by few.... It's not a PLC

That's great!! I commend ur sense of judgement. I can't but agree with u. It shall be well!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
iykrion:

I always respect everyone. No one is a kid, you got your story I got mine. It's not how far but how well.....sometimes we don't recount our age because it's nothing without achievement. What do you called escape route? Is it coming to US, studying, looking for job and stay back or coming to US on F1 and not attending school at all? If the first is your escape route, then US govt won't bother giving F1 visa to any nationals...... Abeg! I've long evading exchange of words on this thread.

imperiouxx:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
kpolli:

Well said kpolli!

@iykrion, big question is are you among the fortunate few? If YES, then I can understand your position on the issue. If NO, then you'll soon begin to see reason with "imperiouxx & co". Different strokes for different folks!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by iykrion(m): 11:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
imperiouxx:

I always respect everyone. No one is a kid, you got your story I got mine. It's not how far but how well.....sometimes we don't recount our age because it's nothing without achievement. What do you called escape route? Is it coming to US, studying, looking for job and stay back or coming to US on F1 and not attending school at all? If the first is your escape route, then US govt won't bother giving F1 visa to any nationals...... Abeg! I've long evading exchange of words on this thread.

You fail to understand me, and I am worried about your aggressive responses. If u take a close look at my posts, u will get to know that I detest acrimony. Do have a nice time. It's almost midnight here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 12:08am On Jan 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

You don't need to rush yourself. I still believe much in Fall interview having much success rate. Do the SAT last(sometime around May before your school deadline) and plan your interview against fall 2013. You should be fine.

Thanks @imperiouxx and kpolli - pls how do I get the SAT and TOEFL scores sent to the schools as I'll have to write the exams before applying, I see all the schools I've checked are requesting for the scores to be sent to them and I guess this can only be done when registering for the exams. I'm so sorry for bothering U guys, I am a novice in the field and just want to have good testimonies to give on this thread at the end of it all. God bless You.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2013
ferdimako:

So u can see he is funding his studies? Some people are well off here already or will be when they return. My brother is bringing in a condition we return after studies.He's well-off here and doesn't see the need to roam abroad. I don't think I will kill myself to live abroad ooo.Get d citizenship and move on.

iykrion:

If someone thought the best thing that could happened him/her after spending much to school in US is the first bold words, then such person has no vision about life and such person doesn't worth coming to US as a student. Also if someone uses this as point of reference.....it's so so pathetic at such age.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:13am On Jan 06, 2013
Hmmmmm!!! I have just been reading and reading and reading today.....so many useful comments, aggressive comments, funny comments and confusing ones too.....I really enjoyed reading tonight and it has really change and adjusted my mindset, STEM and co.....I say thank you for the arguments because I derived some useful info from it. Thanks and right now na sleep sure pass.....Good night folks 2mozz na church.....First mass! grin smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 12:14am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

Of course am marrying a Nigerian but the venue of my wedding will not be here.... Am not buying that 50-50 rubbish in case she wants to divorce... Hope u get me now?

All the akata females I have met since I got here were once males... So mehn am not adventuring into anything here in America... I love my Naija girls... And about working, wherever God opens a door for me, I will go... I will not work as a prison guard all in the name of staying here like that dude in the other thread...

Are u serious about the bolded? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

If someone thought the best thing that could happened him/her after spending much to school in US is the first bold word, then such person got no vision about life and person doesn't worth coming to US as a student. Also if someone uses this as point of reference.....it's so so pathetic.

Go and sleep.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2013
olarwarlay:

Thanks @imperiouxx and kpolli - pls how do I get the SAT and TOEFL scores sent to the schools as I'll have to write the exams before applying, I see all the schools I've checked are requesting for the scores to be sent to them and I guess this can only be done when registering for the exams. I'm so sorry for bothering U guys, I am a novice in the field and just want to have good testimonies to give on this thread at the end of it all. God bless You.

I said u shuld forward d toefl materials to me @ benjamin_tosin@yahoo.com...tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:16am On Jan 06, 2013
ferdimako:

Go and sleep.

loool at what time?? 4:15pm that I'm still going to stop a reaction in the lab? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2013
bigfrancis21:

My brother, you have spoken very well. Your message was quite insightful.
So far the talk here has been on landing jobs in the US - the foremost reason being as a path to getting the green card. Fine. Now, for those immigrants with the entrepreneurial mindset, how about the idea of the immigrant being the employer instead? I mean starting up and running a company, business, enterprise? I'm aware that owning and running a business is also another path to the green card in the USA (through the E2 visa category). What are the prospects of such a venture STARTING UP and SUCCEDING? Please drop any insightful thoughts on this. Our other able house members are free to drop their thoughts as well.

Everybody wants to work for someone. When u bring in a job to America that employs 7 Americans...that is a clear path to PR or Citizenship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 12:29am On Jan 06, 2013
Seunbunmi:

I said u shuld forward d toefl materials to me @ benjamin_tosin@yahoo.com...tanx

Forwarded as requested!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 12:29am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 12:32am On Jan 06, 2013
Seunbunmi:

@Seunbunmi - let's relate if U dnt mind, maybe We culd both share experiences and knowledge about this whole thing.. I'll send U my contacts in another email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jaypee207: 12:34am On Jan 06, 2013
geodarmy: I have been following this thread for long and I must commend you guys for a job well done.

I decided to register again today (after several unsuccessful attempts to retrieve my lost password)to atleast advise people who believe studying any of the STEM majors would automatically fetch them a Green card or good pay.

For those who care to listen, if you are a foreign student and you are not into IT or Oil and Gas, your chance(s) of making good money or getting a H-1B/Green Card after studies is so slim, unless you have a PhD. Even at that, you can and will never earn up to what the oil and IT guys with just a masters earn.

I have many friends who studied Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry in my school (UT Austin) but couldn't get a job or a company to sponsor after their studies. They were left with no other choice than to start their PhD in order not to fall out of status.

I would strongly advise anyone coming for a graduate study in the USA to consider such majors as Geological Sciences, Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering/Networking. Those who will be considering going into the IT sector should try as much as possible to bag plenty certifications such as the CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Certified Ethical Hacking e.t.c. I have friends who make 6 figures having some of these certifications. I came into the USA to study Geological Sciences, got hired upon graduation and got my green card after. There is a guy who I met through this forum in 2010 who is also a geologist and working in an oil company now in California. We even met each other at the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Conference somewhile ago in Long Beach. I also know some guys who are reservoir engineers who got hired right after school too. One out of every 100 "metabolites" would get that luck - for those who understand the "code"......lol.

For those considering schooling here: Yes, STEM is the way, but which of the STEM majors? Please study anything related to Health, Oil and Gas and I.T.

@ Mamacita: I saw your posts and I think your "people" actually want the best for you. It is a known fact that Doctors, Nurses and those in the health line make a lot of money in America. They may be right after all. One thing you may have to consider are the following factors?

- As an Int'l student, will I get a job upon graduation with a MA or MS in Human Resources?
- If Yes, will the company be ready to sponsor me?
- From records, how many int'l students with a MS in HR got their company to sponsor them? What is the ratio? Is it a ratio of 1:20? 1:100?
- Will I make enough money to be financially okay?

I will advise you to answer this deep inside you and make up your mind once and for all. I wish you the very best of luck.

NOTE: I don't expect anybody to hold me on these. This is just my own opinion - I may be wrong.

Goodluck to all prospective VISA applicants.
Very valid and insightful points u raised here.very much in line with my discussion with my cousin.He has a background in microbiology,Pet.eng fr his graduate degree nd he's ballin big time with one of d big oil coys over there.doesn't stll mean that those not in d mentioned majors can't make it after their various studies.It all depends on ur vision,determination,focus and most importantly,God.I was lucky to be one of the selectees fr d DV visa lottery enabling me to hv a green card,hv a Bsc in geology nd hope to major either in Geophysics/Pet.eng/Reservoir eng when I finally arrive,God help me.
Geodarmy any advise,contribution or suggestion you think I might need?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 12:37am On Jan 06, 2013
olarwarlay:

@Seunbunmi - let's relate if U dnt mind, maybe We culd both share experiences and knowledge about this whole thing.. I'll send U my contacts in another email.
okay no p
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 12:42am On Jan 06, 2013
Seunbunmi:
okay no p

Pls check ur mail, just sent U ma contact details... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:49am On Jan 06, 2013
olarwarlay:

SAT and TOEFL would handle that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 12:52am On Jan 06, 2013
webstradamus:

Are u serious about the bolded? grin

Yes oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:
All the akata females I have met since I got here were once males...
What?!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 1:00am On Jan 06, 2013
moroh:
What?!

Well after meeting the first 2, I don't even smile at anyone of them.... So I haven't had the chance to meet any other one

It would shock you the amount of the females u see here were once males, and now adam's apple doesn't even differentiate them again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olarwarlay(m): 1:04am On Jan 06, 2013
kpolli:

SAT and TOEFL would handle that

Okay, but how is that possible since I have not applied to any other school after the VIU ish?
Do I need to apply to the schools now and get the scores sent to them after the exams?. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.