Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (308703 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls house, which is more difficult or which is it easier 2 get a higher score GMAT or GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by webstradamus: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
Yvete: ^^@Square: Yea, I had to put it out there for those with career indecision so they don't think that the easiest way to get sponsored is to become an IT guy overnight and they get served on a platter.

Please tell them! The category of people sponsored in IT are highly competent and/or experienced programmers/developers/analysts with great potential ... now you don't get that overnight, do you?

Yvete: I think the STEM bill would make it. Seems like the major proponents of this bill are Republicans (Kinda surprising)

It appears the Republicans are not totally against immigration after-all. They just want highly skilled migrants (for obvious economic benefits) which is why they are strongly in favor of the new I2 act ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
edun.o:
Pls house, which is more difficult or which is it easier 2 get a higher score GMAT or GRE

I think is GRE but what to do depends on what is required by your school. GRE is majorly for Science and Engineering related courses though it includes Economics. Can't say if others require it in place of GMAT but ask from your graduate coordinator or graduate school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduno: 9:42pm On Feb 08, 2013
I wanna pursue an msf. Most schools I checkd require either of the 2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2013
Holla House,
please i need TOEFL materials ASAP.
wizdaninc[at]gmail[dot]com
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by chukasongun23(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
hola house..morning to y'all..pls i really need TOEFL materials..oranuck9647@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by crespo67: 10:10am On Feb 09, 2013
Hi all,wanna thank all those who av taken d time out 2 send d gre,toefl,and gmat materials..especially bigfrancis,God bless u all..wanna ask dose dat av requested for d materials like my self,wen we planning on taking d gre exams,and wat admission windows u planning for..hw can we be of greater help 2 each oda in dis pursuit..tanx y'all...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by idoo4love: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2013
walex57:
MSc...abeg please come to my school ooo...e be like say na so so Texas everybody dey go...make you come California jare, I need padis for here too nah..
lolzzz... Chicago is my poe and its likely I move to NY cos my uncle assured me of feed and ama stay wit him for at least 6months... To continue mu Bsc overthere, is it my last semester transcript I need or transcript for each semester from year one.... Cos am planning on coming over dis month .. Thank and God bless ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by crespo67: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2013
Hello every1,tanx somuch for all ur great contributions..i wanna ask all dose already dere,wat are d ingredients of a stellar SOP...@Yvete,heard u in UH,av gat alot of questions for u since UH is my first choice...cud i contact u apart from dis forum..tanx very much..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by japans: 11:02am On Feb 09, 2013
Greetings, can any one help with information on Uni in US that accept HND marketing for MSc/MBA/MA Marketing.

I graduated with a Distinction Honours (3.62) on a four (4.00) scale. I have a professional diploma in Marketing of chartered institute of marketing (level 6) UK and presently doing the Chartered postgraduate stage (level 7).

Will appreciate info regard the subject matter with affordable tuition reference.

Thanks

Japans
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:42am On Feb 09, 2013
Looks like stem is the way o.....I'm happy though because na information technology be my way o....although its a 2nd degree...first degree was Mech. Enginerring for 9ja here. Na God go help us all....I'm really packing for my journey Next month.....Obama land.

S/o to Yvette , imperiouxx, kpoli, mamacita et. al..... One love Mehn.... wink
I no forget my Nwanne bros......big Francis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
Anthonymighty: Looks like stem is the way o.....I'm happy though because na information technology be my way o....although its a 2nd degree...first degree was Mech. Enginerring for 9ja here. Na God go help us all....I'm really packing for my journey Next month.....Obama land.

Ehh...nwanne m o, udo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2013
idoo4love: lolzzz... Chicago is my poe and its likely I move to NY cos my uncle assured me of feed and ama stay wit him for at least 6months... To continue mu Bsc overthere, is it my last semester transcript I need or transcript for each semester from year one.... Cos am planning on coming over dis month .. Thank and God bless ..
You are going to need all your results/transcripts from first semester first year till the last semester you concluded fully in your UG school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2013
talk2D: Holla House,
please i need TOEFL materials ASAP.
wizdaninc[at]gmail[dot]com
Thanks
Sent.

chukasongun23: hola house..morning to y'all..pls i really need TOEFL materials..oranuck9647@gmail.com
Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2013
japans: Greetings, can any one help with information on Uni in US that accept HND marketing for MSc/MBA/MA Marketing.

I graduated with a Distinction Honours (3.62) on a four (4.00) scale. I have a professional diploma in Marketing of chartered institute of marketing (level 6) UK and presently doing the Chartered postgraduate stage (level 7).

Will appreciate info regard the subject matter with affordable tuition reference.

Thanks

Japans
From your records you have good academic records. Many US schools don't discriminate between B.Sc and HND certificates from Nigeria. Many HND holders like you have gotten admission in the US with their HND certificates. You're good to go. You'll definitely get admission.
As for the list of schools, you'll have to do the research yourself. Nobody will spoon-feed you with the list except on rare occasions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 2:42pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hello house
Can anybody get me an appointment date for march I av to Be in skul @most 15th april and every date is filled up till october only few days in feb which is too close..... Abeg anybody in the house!!! Help a broda in need na family we Be Ooo°˚˚˚° tanks
Twale!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Just4mide: 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hello guys am 20 just been admitted to herzing university maidson expecting my 1-20 please as an undergraduate applicant hope I won't have any problem at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
webstradamus:

Please tell them! The category of people sponsored in[b] IT[/b] are highly competent and/or experienced programmers/developers/analysts with great potential ... now you don't get that overnight, do you?

It appears the Republicans are not totally against immigration after-all. They just want [b]highly skilled migrants (for obvious economic benefits) which is why they are strongly in favor of the new I2 act ...
[/b]

It's not about being an IT personnel at all, the good news is that America is bringing back all their jobs from overseas companies such as china back home, for instance General Motors makers of Cadillac and other fancy cars are bringing their full plant back to America, oil companies and other manufacturing industries are also doing same ( I think this is one of the reasons for wanting to pass the STEM bill) so the economy is going to see a major boom in a few. In fact We have a career fair at my school on March 1st this year, and more engineering companies than before are coming to recruit for full time, part time or internship positions, Either the STEM bill makes it or not, the truth is that the economy here is shaping up really good now and they'll definitely sponsor more H1B visas that before if the bill doesn't make it (of course I pray that it does make it...who no want green card?) *now don't start jumping up on your seat or dancing oooo...wait until it happens...na news wey I get from my school career dept be this ooo*

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by idoo4love: 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:
You are going to need all your results/transcripts from first semester first year till the last semester you concluded fully in your UG school.
am still in school here and I wanna comeover to complete my first degree .. So I don't av my final trascript.. @all in d house pls contribute... Is it my transcript from my first year or jst for the latest one... (I wanna continue in d states )..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2013
inspirizu: Hello house
Can anybody get me an appointment date for march I av to Be in skul @most 15th april and every date is filled up till october only few days in feb which is too close..... Abeg anybody in the house!!! Help a broda in need na family we Be Ooo°˚˚˚° tanks
Twale!!!!

Help dis guy abeg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:03pm On Feb 09, 2013
inspirizu: Hello house
Can anybody get me an appointment date for march I av to Be in skul @most 15th april and every date is filled up till october only few days in feb which is too close..... Abeg anybody in the house!!! Help a broda in need na family we Be Ooo°˚˚˚° tanks Twale!!!!
inspirizu: Help dis guy abeg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Refresh that page very often. Be flexible with dates by March 1 (a week before and 2 weeks after). Timing should be the least of your worries. Have great answers ready for the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by idoo4love: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Yvete:

Refresh that page very often. Be flexible with dates by March 1 (a week before and 2 weeks after). I'm aware that some people sell appointment dates for about 45K - Not worth it! Timing should be the least of your worries. Have great answers ready for the VO.
am still in school here and I wanna comeover to complete my first degree .. So I don't av my final trascript.. @all in d house pls contribute... Is it my transcript from my first year or jst for the latest one... (I wanna continue in d states )..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
Anthonymighty: Looks like stem is the way o.....I'm happy though because na information technology be my way o....although its a 2nd degree...first degree was Mech. Enginerring for 9ja here. Na God go help us all....I'm really packing for my journey Next month.....Obama land.

Wow! Why the move from Mech. Eng to IT? grin grin
So you're one of 'those' hustling after IT money ehn?? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2013
idoo4love: am still in school here and I wanna come over to complete my first degree .. So I don't av my final transcript.. @all in d house pls contribute... Is it my transcript from my first year or jst for the latest one... (I wanna continue in d states )..thanks

I-doo-4-love cool
Kpolli and I explained it to you on the laptop thread. Come with whatever transcript you've got (that shows grades from your first year till wherever you're at right now). You need to start applying to schools towards Summer/Fall '13. If you don't get accepted to a college in NY, stay open to affordable schools anywhere in the States. You can always move back to NY when you're done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
Here's a great opportunity for those that want to mingle professionally with African students & professionals. They usually have a mixer afterwards - eat, drink, talk, party...whatever. I won't be attending this year, but I was there in 2010 when they had Naeto C. This year its going to be Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and M.I (♫ ♬ Short black boy ♫ ♬) grin

http://www.hbsafricaconference.com/
15th Annual Africa Business Conference, 15th-17th February, 2013 at Harvard Business School, Boston MA hosted by the Africa Business Club, a member of Student Clubs of HBS, Inc. The Africa Business Conference is the world's largest student-run event focused on business in Africa. It brings together about 1,200 participants and is the ultimate networking opportunity for business and community leaders, corporate sponsors, students, educators from around the world and anyone passionate about business opportunities in Africa.

The theme for this year's Conference, "Re-defining Africa: The Emergence of a New African Story", is in recognition of the fact that as Africa evolves, so too must the World's perception of Her. The aim of this Conference is to showcase those who continue to shape and influence the African story through business and enterprise, and to create an environment for like-minded individuals to meet, exchange ideas and spur one another on to action.

[flash=425,344]http://vimeo.com/user15416019/httpvimeocomafricastraightup[/flash]

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Adroitbabz: 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2013
@imperioxx
Please sir kindly send me all d necessary GRE and Toefl materials. Adroitbabs@yahoo.com. Will really appreciate it. Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by cambercharles: 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hi everyone, I graduated with a CGPA of 2.3 out of 4. Most of the schools I've bin checking out require a mininmum of 3.0 or at the very least, 2.7 out of 4. I'm very troubled and bothered right now, Please, what do you guys advice I do? Does anyone know any school that can admit me with my CGPA?
I look forward to you guys helping me out.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
cambercharles: Hi everyone, I graduated with a CGPA of 2.3 out of 4. Most of the schools I've bin checking out require a mininmum of 3.0 or at the very least, 2.7 out of 4. I'm very troubled and bothered right now, Please, what do you guys advice I do? Does anyone know any school that can admit me with my CGPA?
I look forward to you guys helping me out.
Thanks

Your options:
1. Start all over - 4 years
2. Transfer credits for a new bachelors - 2years
3. Second-degree bachelors - 1 year/16months
4. Second-degree bachelors -> Masters program - 33 months
Got exams throughout next week... Need to get OFF this site ....If you see me on here, chase me away!!!Argghhhh!! sad angry

EDITED.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by cambercharles: 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
Yvete:

Your options:
1. Transfer for a second bachelors - 2years
2. Post-bacc/Second degree-bachelors - 1 year
3. Second-degree bachelors-Masters program - 33 months
Got exams throughout next week... Need to get OFF this site ....If you see me on here, chase me away!!!Argghhhh!! sad angry

Thanks so much. Please can you suggest schools that offer the 2nd and the 3rd options?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by inspirizu(m): 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2013
Yvete:

Refresh that page very often. Be flexible with dates by March 1 (a week before and 2 weeks after). Timing should be the least of your worries. Have great answers ready for the VO.
Yvete:

Tanks sooo much av been trying it but still the same

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.