Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,163 members, 7,845,826 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309298 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2012
Anthonymighty: Hello guys. I am having my interview next week too. Abeg make una pray for me o. Here are the items I'm going with. Please if I am missing anyone kindly signify:

Admission letter
I-20
Travel Passport
2 passport photo with white background
Mrv (visa fee) receipt from GT bank
DS-160
Sevis fee Original receipt
Original Waec cert.
School's statement of result
Transcript for ssce and ond
Ond Certificate
Letter of Sponsorship
Statement of account.

Please I need to know if I'm good to go with all the following above and if I'm still missing any, kindly tell me. Thanks

You are good to go man.... God first sha ooo shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2012
Anthonymighty: Hello guys. I am having my interview next week too. Abeg make una pray for me o. Here are the items I'm going with. Please if I am missing anyone kindly signify:

Admission letter
I-20
Travel Passport
2 passport photo with white background
Mrv (visa fee) receipt from GT bank
DS-160
Sevis fee Original receipt
Original Waec cert.
School's statement of result
Transcript for ssce and ond
Ond Certificate
Letter of Sponsorship
Statement of account.

Please I need to know if I'm good to go with all the following above and if I'm still missing any, kindly tell me. Thanks

Cool.I think you are prepared.Just answer your questions based on your D160 and be hopeful.Could you get in a sample of your sponsorship to my e-mail addy:ferdimako@yahoo.com I will be very grateful, am just gathering my documents before time.Am going for graduate study next fall or Jan 2014.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2012
@tony,

Though you got no test score, still you are good to go like seedord said. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
Please guys, how important is the essay writing when applying for an undergraduate admission inton USA University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
dnpasion: Please guys, how important is the essay writing when applying for an undergraduate admission inton USA University?

As how? test score or admission entrance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2012
Admission entrance.
imperiouxx:

As how? test score or admission entrance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by amilimos: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2012
I hail everyone ooh. I'm new here but I've read several pages already. Are there any potential undergraduate candidates around? I'm in quite the situation at the moment and need suggestions and ideas

P.s Wonderful Forum that must have aided so many that have come and gone. Truly pleasing to see such unity in helping each other out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2012
dnpasion: Admission entrance.

You mean when you get to US? Like some schools will ask that you take their English entrance exam. Such will be based on your overall score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 11:57pm On Sep 04, 2012
ferdiii:

Cool.I think you are prepared.[b]Just answer your questions based on your D16[/b]0 and be hopeful.Could you get in a sample of your sponsorship to my e-mail addy:ferdimako@yahoo.com I will be very grateful, am just gathering my documents before time.Am going for graduate study next fall or Jan 2014.

Thanks dude...What do you mean by the bold text there. does the DS 160 have questions to be based on? As for the sponsorship, its just an official letter from my Dad stating he is my dad and he will be the one sponsoring me and after my study i will return to take a strategic and leading role in his company. which is also part of the ties needed. and it is accompanied with the statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 12:14am On Sep 05, 2012
imperiouxx: @tony,

Though you got no test score, still you are good to go like seedord said. Best of luck.

imperiouxx, I didnt take the test because initially, i did not really think it was needed until i saw everyone here talking about it, I tried to quickly do one but the dates i saw were far from my appointment date, so i had to rest my case to God. And another reason i wasnt serious abt the test was because about 3 of my friends that has gone successfully to Yankee, during their interviews, the VO never asked. One just traveled to New jersey last week friday, he had his interview at abuja last 2 weeks and he wasnt asked about any test too. I just pray i wont be asked too. Favour of God is all i seek. and i will be alright because i have learnt so much from this forum. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10am On Sep 05, 2012
Anthonymighty:

imperiouxx, I didnt take the test because initially, i did not really think it was needed until i saw everyone here talking about it, I tried to quickly do one but the dates i saw were far from my appointment date, so i had to rest my case to God. And another reason i wasnt serious abt the test was because about 3 of my friends that has gone successfully to Yankee, during their interviews, the VO never asked. One just traveled to New jersey last week friday, he had his interview at abuja last 2 weeks and he wasnt asked about any test too. I just pray i wont be asked too. Favour of God is all i seek. and i will be alright because i have learnt so much from this forum. grin

Sure! they deny even with the test and approve without the test. Since you got to know about it late, I don't support you writing it in haste. Best of luck with all you've got.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:30am On Sep 05, 2012
@house i sent my app doc since 8th of aug via NIPOST, til 2day my sch hs nt received my doc nd spring deadline z oct15, i tink itz tym 2 switch 2 planB. Pls i wnt 2 ask which courier service z cheaper 4 sendin doc frm naija 2 yankee ups,fedex or dhl?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house i sent my app doc since 8th of aug via NIPOST, til 2day my sch hs nt received my doc nd spring deadline z oct15, i tink itz tym 2 switch 2 planB. Pls i wnt 2 ask which courier service z cheaper 4 sendin doc frm naija 2 yankee ups,fedex or dhl?

As a plan C: I dont know this'obusco4lyfe' but I've read several of his posts about sending his docs. My point is this - I'll like suggest that if there's any of you guys that got your visas and will be traveling shortly, you may just be able to give him a helping hand. All you need do is to help him post from the US. Trust on either side is salient.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2012
phy:

As a plan C: I dont know this'obusco4lyfe' but I've read several of his posts about sending his docs. My point is this - I'll like suggest that if there's any of you guys that got your visas and will be traveling shortly, you may just be able to give him a helping hand. All you need do is to help him post from the US. Trust on either side is salient.
dts a gud idea bt dt means i'm gonna hv to fill d app form again, ther z a part in d form dt my dad has to fill bt currently hez nt in d country. Even me sef, my planB can only be executed wen he comes back. Anyhw sha tanx atleast i nw hv a planC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 8:04am On Sep 05, 2012
@phy nd house
Regardin d question i askd b4, who has an idea on hw much ds courier services charge cs i only knw of fedex dt charge 9600naira. Who knws of ups,dhl e.t.c?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2012
Anthonymighty:

Thanks dude...What do you mean by the bold text there. does the DS 160 have questions to be based on? As for the sponsorship, its just an official letter from my Dad stating he is my dad and he will be the one sponsoring me and after my study i will return to take a strategic and leading role in his company. which is also part of the ties needed. and it is accompanied with the statement.

Okay I thought they will ask questions from D160.I can do the letters myself although we don't share the same last name. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @phy nd house
Regardin d question i askd b4, who has an idea on hw much ds courier services charge cs i only knw of fedex dt charge 9600naira. Who knws of ups,dhl e.t.c?

Fedex is the cheapest and i guess the fastest for .5kg international priority mail. DHL = 12,500 UPS =11,500..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
king1_00:

Boss i dey , you suppose do enter na. try email me your phone number so we fit dey talk wella.

Cheers
sent
bros i don enter o. Trying to settle down. we are having a career fair today as well as a quiz in class just to tell how my day could be. i sent you my phone no. How your ends now. pls email me your phone no so as to call you.
@ I hope to see some nairalanders at the spe conference in san antonio......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
demmyrulz:

Please I need GRE and Toefl materials. Kindly please assist by sending through my mailbox adeoluborode@hotmail.com or ademolaoluborodeyahoo.com

Thank you.
Pls i need some as well pls i beg u all, this is my email add: dfadipe2003@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2012

Try EMS Speedpost. Last time I sent documents to atlanta it was about 5,500naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2012
fadinus:
Pls i need some as well pls i beg u all, this is my email add: dfadipe2003@yahoo.com

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by amilimos: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
cryAbeg I hail and greet everyone. Great forum

Abeg house,I need advice and suggestions for my complicated situation. I will explain as briefly and as accurate as I can. Please bear with me

I have a huge gap for the past 4 years of my life. It will be hard to believe but for the past 4 years I haven't done anything to better my life and the sad part is that I was in Canadasad

Graduated in 04, got admitted to a 4year Uni in Elec. Engr. in Canada in '06, completed 2 years and then that's when everything came crumbling down. My mother(my only support) lost all she had so I couldn't afford to continue schooling at the time and as a result, I lost my study permit and work permit in '09.

I couldn't legally do anything since I had no permits for three years.I then made the biggest mistake of my life by overstaying instead of coming back home and trying to find a way to stay via lawyers, friends and relatives. I eventually returned home only a month ago when after an aunt came out of the blue(God bless her) and vounteered to cover my fees if I wished to study in the US or china if they were affordable.

I have my admission now to North American College(4yearUni) in Computer Science in Houston where my brother, who is a citizen, resides. I've done everything that needs to be done while I wait for my SEVIS fee to reflect and then I can apply for an emergency interview because my interview is too far off in Jan2013.

Abeg house including the veterans @imperiouxx n co, AM I DOOMED? What can I possibly say to convince them after such a resume for the 8 past years

Please help!
Amilimos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
fittty:

Try EMS Speedpost. Last time I sent documents to atlanta it was about 5,500naira
hw lng did it take 2 get there cs i'm sendin mine 2 texas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
Theyjih:

Fedex is the cheapest and i guess the fastest for .5kg international priority mail. DHL = 12,500 UPS =11,500..
is dt d price 4 there lowest kg cs fedex lowest kg amount is 96000naira as i stated earlier
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house i sent my app doc since 8th of aug via NIPOST, til 2day my sch hs nt received my doc nd spring deadline z oct15, i tink itz tym 2 switch 2 planB. Pls i wnt 2 ask which courier service z cheaper 4 sendin doc frm naija 2 yankee ups,fedex or dhl?

DHL n yankee don't rhyme, do not use them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
ferdiii:

Sent
Thanks you so much, i jst got it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
obusco4lyfe: is dt d price 4 there lowest kg cs fedex lowest kg amount is 96000naira as i stated earlier

mine was .5kg so i guess it is the least
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2012
kpolli:

i'm at dhl office nw nd dey said its gonna cost me 12,610naira nd it wil b delivered in 48hrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
kpolli:

y do u say so? My dad uses dhl al d tym nd he has neva complained of incompetency frm there side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by phy: 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2012

I used NIPOST all through. What I use to do was to take my mail to the NIPOST office at MMIA and that worked for me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2012
phy:

I used NIPOST all through. What I use to do was to take my mail to the NIPOST office at MMIA and that worked for me.
i went to d nipost at medical road ikeja....hw lng did it take 4 urs to be delivered nd to wat destination?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
phy:

the question is hw long wld it take nipost to deliver?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.