Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309524 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
jimtosam:

The name of the school is Western Illinois University (www.wiu.edu). Their tuition is even cheaper compare to other American Universities.Most of Naija guys here are on GA cos it's not easy to pay the tuition with 20hrs on campus job. And most of the times their GA here is not about grade. Cos, 2.2 guys even get GA. It's about department. I know about 4 sure departments; Communication, Economics, Mathematics, Physics. Unless if the student does not apply. They get lot of research grants from Federal Government. Others get too but a little competitive. Others may require interview but those 4, they don't always interview. I still know about 3 more in Illinois that gives GA a lot...The stipend goes to the tune of 1.1k (full).Two-third (900).
Thanks a lot for this info bro. I'll check out the school. At the risk of soundin like an Oliver Twist cheesy I won't mind u mentionin those other schools too o. Thanx man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
Find Out!:

Thanks a lot for this info bro. I'll check out the school. At the risk of soundin like an Oliver Twist cheesy I won't mind u mentionin those other schools too o. Thanx man.
Na so bros
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Shoccs: 1:08am On Sep 08, 2012
Please I need urgent answer am applying for a school in Oregon as a undergraduate. The school need my high school transcript send direct frm the school or testing centers. My problem was I have GCE cause while I was in secondary school, they Seized my waec result so I did GCE. Please what can I do to send my high school transcript. Pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:05am On Sep 08, 2012
Shoccs: Please I need urgent answer am applying for a school in Oregon as a undergraduate. The school need my high school transcript send direct frm the school or testing centers. My problem was I have GCE cause while I was in secondary school, they Seized my waec result so I did GCE. Please what can I do to send my high school transcript. Pls

Your secondary school transcript won't include your Junior waec and Senior waec.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 4:36am On Sep 08, 2012
Shoccs: Please I need urgent answer am applying for a school in Oregon as a undergraduate. The school need my high school transcript send direct frm the school or testing centers. My problem was I have GCE cause while I was in secondary school, they Seized my waec result so I did GCE. Please what can I do to send my high school transcript. Pls

Transcript is like your report sheet from JSS1 to SSS3. It has the breakdown of all the subjects and their scores.

Go to the Secondary School where you had your Secondary Education and request for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 4:51am On Sep 08, 2012
abijah007:

I'm glad to come across this Forum Trend, I have a sponsor she's a citizen of United State and she stayed at Flint, MI but I don't know anything about this, but she's ready to pay for the school fees and other expenses. Can you help me out how to apply for student visa or you give me a guide line.

@Abijah...
First Stage:Exam stage. This will depend if you are going for Graduate or Undergraduate studies.Toefl + SAT for Undergraduate. Toefl + GRE/GMAT for Graduate. GRE for Sciences. GMAT for business/Management.

Second Stage: Decide on the school you want to apply to.You can get admission even if you have nobody in America. Will you like to be in Michigan with your sponsor. If yes, explore schools overthere. When you get admitted, the school will request for the bank statement of your sponsor.This will be used to prepare your I-20 which is a paramount document to take to the embassy.

Third Stage: Embassy stage. Using a sponsor in America is not always advisable but if you searched and searched and get no other person, you have no choice. But, if your sponsor in Michigan is a Nigerian, beg her to allow you use her account that domicile in Nigeria..Why some people are so skeptical about foreign sponsor is that consular may think you are just using student runs to join your family member in the states. But, if there is no choice you will defend it and God that helped me will help you. I used a company account that does not relate to me. The owner of the company was the only one that was ready to help. I knew it was a red flag but I have no rich family members that can have some huge cash in account and I decided not to manipulate stuffs. Check my past post around April/May that Imperiouxx encouraged me that if I have no other choice, then I should used it cos Nairaland encouraged 'Integrity and Truth'. In the interview date, I deviated the consular to my undergraduate project. We spent lot of time on this and he didn't even ask for the statement.

This is just God's favour and I give Him all the Glory.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:26am On Sep 08, 2012
If I have no family but got a friend that's ready to help then he becomes my uncle. Aged man who is not a family member becomes my step father who raised me.....lolz grin It's just to pass the interview and to present original documents but after interview many things are still looming ahead o. No money no peace. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yoyob: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2012
Please I need an urgent answer, I was deneid in july and am going for another. Appointment this month, do I need another ds 160 form and confirmation? Since nothing. Changed in my profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 08, 2012
jimtosam:

Transcript is like your report sheet from JSS1 to SSS3. It has the breakdown of all the subjects and their scores.

Go to the Secondary School where you had your Secondary School Education and request for it.

Nigerian rural and urban sec.schools have no clue about a transcript. If he needs a sample I will mail it to his mailbox ASAP. I did that shiit myself when I was made to understand that they can't do it and do not have an idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2012
Pls check me out if i'm gud 2go 4d interview wt d followin:I-20 form,sevis receipt,visa applicatn receipt receivd 4rm gtbank,leta of sponsorshp 4rm my father,bank details acct,back up leta 4rm bank,printd appointment form,transcript,my schl certificates,intnl pasprt,busines name reg wt C.A.C and pasport photograph. Is there anythn left out? Quick response pls. Tanx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
LOL i did it myself too because my school don't have any ideal of how a transcript do look like.
ferdiii:

Nigerian rural and urban sec.schools have no clue about a transcript. If he needs a sample I will mail it to his mailbox ASAP. I did that shiit myself when I was made to understand that they can't do it and do not have an idea.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ovap: Pls check me out if i'm gud 2go 4d interview wt d followin:I-20 form,sevis receipt,visa applicatn receipt receivd 4rm gtbank,leta of sponsorshp 4rm my father,bank details acct,back up leta 4rm bank,printd appointment form,transcript,my schl certificates,intnl pasprt,busines name reg wt C.A.C and pasport photograph. Is there anythn left out? Quick response pls. Tanx

TOEFL + GRE Score Sheets?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
imperiouxx: If I have no family but got a friend that's ready to help then he becomes my uncle. Aged man who is not a family member becomes my step father who raised me.....lolz grin It's just to pass the interview and to present original documents but after interview many things are still looming ahead o. No money no peace. grin

You are right boss. Original Documents are the real thing. It has a way of boosting one's confidence. Truly, no money no peace.

Let me give options to people that are coming. I won't totally discourage you from coming if you don't have tuition, no Undergraduate Scholarship and no Graduate Assistantship for Graduate. But, you will really pay through nose. Cos, you have to thinking many options.But, America can be sweeter if you know that you are not owing.When you come in;

1. Most schools give you chance to pay for each semester at the end of the semester. Even some in GA allow after session. Without offsetting your bill, you can't register for Second Semester. If you don't register in School, you are out of status. This still pay anyone that come in Spring. Cos, you have whole of Summer to do some stuffs but Fall (just 3weeks break), your 20hrs on campus job per week can't raise the cash. Like my state, the minimum wage is $8.25/hr. Most food services company on campus that employ std pay this. Multiply this by 15/16hrs cos they won't give you the 20hrs.So, It takes God whom I can't rule out to raise. If you discover you can't pay, start searching for very very cheap colleges/training institute that admit Int'l std then you place a I-20 Transfer.

2. Get an on campus job for you to get your "Sola Sola" and start applying for Credit Card. Who knows, God can just favour you. A guy here has collected up to a tune of 9k and he does not have any special credit score or a high-pay job. While people they apply together are just collecting $500. Remember US syatem is a credit system, they are always happy to give you even loan. Most challenge with Int'l stds is that we are not qualify. Though is not good to live on credit.

3. If you are not 'm' in Naija or promise a lady, well you can go 'M' option especially if you meet a cool headed one you think you can leave with it forever. Cos, I think 'M' should be forever not contract.I don't always support this cos Akata gets craze o.The Oyibo are still a bit reserve. The level of moral here is at zero level.Sex, Smoking, drinking are like normal things. Guys, we are spiritual in Nigeria. You know we still get some level of fear of God. I concluded that, these people are just enjoying the relationship that their fore-fathers had made with God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
ferdiii:

TOEFL + GRE Score Sheets?

Good to go. Never forget number one, God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jim hw far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
@jimtosam,

I don't and always discourage that option 'M'. Most get desperate about it and it bites them badly at last. I will rather go for M to N than to A.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kanayogod(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
abegi oo, which one be M, N and A?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
kanayogod: abegi oo, which one be M, N and A?

Lol. Me don decode already. U gast decode urself o.lol. @ Imperiouxx, how abt M to BA.lol @ Jim, still awaiting more names of generous schools in IL o. Thanxxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by product: 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
kanayogod: abegi oo, which one be M, N and A?

Marry to a Nigeria than to an American

Hope u r clear

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kanayogod(m): 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
I no understand una paraticals oo! Which one be BA again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
obusco4lyfe: they usually wait 4 mail going to a particular destinatn 2 get bulky b4 dey deliver it nt even concernd if itz a mata of urgency. I'm sure my doc z wit dem bt dey waitin 4 more mails b4 delivering it

This is the greatest blunder ever. How did you come to a conclusion on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by genxris: 7:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
biofem2000: My sister got her visa earlier this week.
A few lesson for anyone in a similar situation:
1. You can have as many sponsors as are available to you. As many as.......
2. She had a visiting visa she never used. That was not a problem to her. The CO was more than friendly to her.
3. School started 2 weeks ago. No problem. Deja Vu.
4. She barely passed GRE. It was a requirement by the school. The CO asked for it and she handed over her not so good score.
Your sister was really lucky,i posted my first interview in june in which i didn't get visa,i tried again d 2nd time in july & i stil didn't get it (this time around my interaction with d vo more of centerd on my low score GMAT). And i hardly see any body here talk of their score in gmat or gre & that makes me think am alone on d score thing..now reading of your sister's interview shows me that on a good day at the embassy somethings may not count against u....i am presently studying d gmat again so i can rewrite and hopefully get a higher score (even though am not good in the quatitativs)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
Any prospective graduate students for the US fall semester 2013 here? Lets gather and discuss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
@bigfrancis,I am in for fall 2013.It seems far away bt nt.First things first,hv u written the GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Shoccs: 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
ferdiii:

Please bros send it to my Email, yinksdave@yahoo.com And someone told me to go to WAEC office to ask for my school transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Shoccs: 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
ferdiii:

Big thnaks to all the gurus in the house, Please bros send it to my Email yinksdave@yahoo.com, And someone told me to go to WAEC office to ask for my school transcript. Is that necessary?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
^^^^Bros ye! The one wey you scatter A three times na im you come block! Se na Yoruba Engineering? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.