Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309694 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :
Hello, I read a past mail wn someone was talking about high school transcript ..pls I need that info on how to do that..I'll b glad if d person can send me a mail (ogunfowora_oluwaseun@yahoo.com)..
Are spring applicants preparing thr document and getting ready to claim the green trophy? Just like me !!!
With the favor of God , he'll help us all..
*peace
we're oo..God will grant us all our wish..the high skul transcript is ur sec school result from SS1-SS3 ..someone on this forum once said its ur result from jss 1- ss3 but when my school issued my transcripts twas from SS1..so just go to ur sec skul n ask them for ur transcript..u r going for under grad too right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by WeezyKrack: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2012
franklynx: u can Either wif a Nigerian(normal or domiciliary) account..bt its xpected dt as a resident in anoda country,u shud have an operating bank account of dt country which of cuz underscores the fact that u have a valid/running residence permit..so u can as long as u have a residence permit of d country u want 2 apply 4rm..tot i xplained dis earlier..

Yes I understand your comment about the residence permit, I don't know if I'd be asked for a bank account from here but even if I did have one.. I don't think it'd have enough funds to qualify me for a visa, So I'm getting my popz bank statement from Nigeria and its in Naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ollydon: we're oo..God will grant us all our wish..the high skul transcript is ur sec school result from SS1-SS3 ..someone on this forum once said its ur result from jss 1- ss3 but when my school issued my transcripts twas from SS1..so just go to ur sec skul n ask them for ur transcript..u r going for under grad too right?

Yes for undergraduate transfer cz I have an HND, mistake on my part I didn't get my transcript evaluated , not my fault actually cz it took my school too long to get my transcript ready and I really don't want to miss this spring semester, besides the few schools I was able to find don't accept HND, didn't hv an option..
And its not possible to get my secondary school transcript cz its a long way from lagos, and not in d mood to travel , looking for another way out though..and I think I have ..just mailed d school if they accept a waec scratch card and I'll send my registration number..
..had my toefl scores already..sad ..quite low scores ..above 65 thou....
Still thanking God !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Sent.

@mikky4all
I'm not on bbm. However you could e-mail me what exactly is the problem.

Thanks
But whats the rar password
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

Yes for undergraduate transfer cz I have an HND, mistake on my part I didn't get my transcript evaluated , not my fault actually cz it took my school too long to get my transcript ready and I really don't want to miss this spring semester, besides the few schools I was able to find don't accept HND, didn't hv an option..
And its not possible to get my secondary school transcript cz its a long way from lagos, and not in d mood to travel , looking for another way out though..and I think I have ..just mailed d school if they accept a waec scratch card and I'll send my registration number..
Still thanking God !

From HND to Undergra? I thought you should go for PGD or Masters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
ferdiii:

From HND to Undergra? I thought you should go for PGD or Masters.
Didn't find any school that does post graduate and for the masters the schools I found cnt accept HND for msc ,
Maybe someone on here can pls gv me a list of schools that accept HND for pgd or msc..I'll really appreciate, not too late cz I can still apply for dt..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

Didn't find any school that does post graduate and for the masters the schools I found cnt accept HND for msc ,
Maybe someone on here can pls gv me a list of schools that accept HND for pgd or msc..I'll really appreciate, not too late cz I can still apply for dt..

I wish I could...I will surely ask around but that TOEFL score won't sell.It will be better you get a cover letter on ur English Language proficiency.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

Still thanking God !
its all good. But it only takes wes 3wks to complete the verification,evaluation of the transcript n even sending it to ur proposed schools..I'm going for spring semester too n I just wanna send them my transcripts on tuesday through dhl..op everything works out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ollydon: its all good. But it only takes wes 3wks to complete the verification,evaluation of the transcript n even sending it to ur proposed schools..I'm going for spring semester too n I just wanna send them my transcripts on tuesday through dhl..op everything works out
Well said, its not only about evaluating my transcript, like I said earlier most schools I mailed require a Bsc and not an HND , and if I checked correctly , wes don't accept transcript sent through Dhl or sthg cz I read It in thr site , just saying thou not certain is real...
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

What course did you study for the HND programme and in what institution? And I hope you would be bold enough to post your GPA as well?

The reason I asked the questions above, is because as far as I know the United States educational institution give the same recognition to Nigeria Bsc and HND education. So it sound strange to me that your HND was not accepted for admission. However, I am aware that a low GPA can hamper ones chance of securing admission. Pls I would like to know the name of that school.

I await your response, so that we can shoot from there. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
deevick246:

What course did you study for the HND programme and in what institution? And I hope you would be bold enough to post your GPA as well?

The reason I asked the questions above, is because as far as I know the United States educational institution give the same recognition to Nigeria Bsc and HND education. So it sound strange to me that your HND was not accepted for admission. However, I am aware that a low GPA can hamper ones chance of securing admission. Pls I would like to know the name of that school.

I await your response, so that we can shoot from there. Best of luck.
Lol! What's thr to hide ? Majored in chemistry, from yabatech, with CGPA of 2.9 of 4, sure its low ..
So can we move ahead from thr now that I've given my details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

Lol! What's thr to hid ? Majored in chemistry, from yabatech, with CGPA of 2.9 of 4, sure its low ..
So can we move ahead from thr now that I've given my details

Oh Yabatech! That's where I also graduated from and if I disclose my identity you might even know me.

Your GPA is good and should get you admission into a good number of schools. if you say you didn't get any school to give you admission, I will put it you that you didn't do a good search. So please, do a thorough search and you will be baffled at your findings.

Just an advice, I will advice you also search for courses related to chemistry and not just chemistry alone. I don't know what major you want to major in for the masters though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
deevick246:

Oh Yabatech! That's where I also graduated from and if I disclose my identity you might even know me.

Your GPA is good and should get you admission into a good number of schools. if you say you didn't get any school to give you admission, I will put it you that you didn't do a good search. So please, do a thorough search and you will be baffled at your findings.

Just an advice, I will advice you also search for courses related to chemistry and not just chemistry alone. I don't know what major you want to major in for the masters though.

Oh really, so how do I go about my search? Cz I did that for almost 2 weeks and had no good result , I'll b grateful if u can just gv me a list of those schools to make it easier, and for my major still chemistry bt probably forensic, organic , environmental, I have lots options to choose .
I'm waiting pls .
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

Oh really, so how do I go about my search? Cz I did that for almost 2 weeks and had no good result , I'll b grateful if u can just gv me a list of those schools to make it easier, and for my major still chemistry bt probably forensic, organic , environmental, I have lots options to choose .
I'm waiting pls .
Thanks
visit braintrack.com or/and msinus.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

I'm waiting pls .
Thanks

Seriously anyone picking schools for anyone is doing bad to the person rather than the opposite. I mean at graduate school level, the individual should be able to bend down and do the search. Even if it warrant burning candle self lol.

When it comes to the choice of a university, a lot of factors comes to bear and a lot of these factors have been mentioned here a lot of times. Lemme just cite some. One, cost of the programme. Two, cost of living in that state. Three, the weather condition of that state ( in case of earthquakes and hurricane) etc. So you see, considering these factors and other issues, if anyone (graduate student particularly) is depending on anyone to make the choice of university for him or her, I need no suit-sayer to tell me that such an individual isn't ready for the graduate school hard work yet.

I would be nice to you by giving you this site where all the universities in the US are listed by state. This is because we both graduated from same school.

www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ayoadeade1: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
s-beauty :

I'm waiting pls .
Thanks

Hi,
Never mind if you don't get a Masters offer, you will be fine with B.sc. I would even recommend B.sc for someone who has H.N.D from Nigeria. Far easier to get a job with B.sc. , Plus it makes more sense to have a B.sc than H.N.D + PGD/Masters from my own experience, at least in the UK. I also graduated from Yabatech in 2007, NYSC in 2008, got a 100k job in 2009 and worked till 2010. Wasn’t contented within myself with the H.N.D, came to the UK 02/2011 for B.sc, joined halfway because of my prior higher learning. Finished my studies in May, Bagged my B.sc with a fantastic result in June, Started attending interviews and got a decent job in July. Two months in it now and I can tell you its very beautiful here...like some 600% incement in my salary as at 01/2011. You may also get the opportunity for internships etc in undergrad.

Don't worry too much, just make sure you get a good result, B.sc/M.sc/PGD.. you'll be fine..Do some research on the university and the course as well, thats very important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 12:05am On Sep 30, 2012
Thanks to everyone that contributed , that's one of the good reasons I love to express my feelings on here , even if I get criticized , I believe I'm still learning..
The decision is mine to make ..
Much appreciation!!!
Good night!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2012
s-beauty :

Well said, its not only about evaluating my transcript, like I said earlier most schools I mailed require a Bsc and not an HND , and if I checked correctly , wes don't accept transcript sent through Dhl or sthg cz I read It in thr site , just saying thou not certain is real...
thanks
they do..it must be sent from the school directly and the address for courier delivery is just diff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 12:36am On Sep 30, 2012
Ollydon: they do..it must be sent from the school directly and the address for courier delivery is just diff

*Note taken
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by gaquilani: 3:18am On Sep 30, 2012
moroh:
O boy what have you been doing? Why do you speak up just two days to your interview? Anyway at this point, we can only commit you to God in prayers o, because it's already weekend and I doubt if your school will still reply you.

They have replied me(ie d skul), and dey gave me a letter. d main issue nw is d SEVIS fee receipt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:10am On Sep 30, 2012
Chemistry in US is a mother field of many courses unlike in British curriculum such that is practice in Nigeria. MS in Chemistry will be awarded for studying any field related to Chemistry such as Ind. Chem, Analy. Chem, Org. Chem, Biochem etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 4:15am On Sep 30, 2012
gaquilani:

They have replied me(ie d skul), and dey gave me a letter. d main issue nw is d SEVIS fee receipt.

As someone said, na only pray you need at this time because they will ask for the SEVIS like you owe them large sum of cash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 4:36am On Sep 30, 2012
s-beauty :

Still thanking God !

You can also get your transcript evaluated and send it to the school before resumption to upgrade your admission. You would be surprised that your school can waive so much credit hours for you and then you can start with at Junior/Senior Year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 5:42am On Sep 30, 2012
house pls is it possible for someone that has a ukraine bsc in engineering field to pursue his or her masters in the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 6:47am On Sep 30, 2012
madeit2thetop: house pls is it possible for someone that has a ukraine bsc in engineering field to pursue his or her masters in the US
Funny question. Why not?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by yomifola(m): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2012
madeit2thetop: house pls is it possible for someone that has a ukraine bsc in engineering field to pursue his or her masters in the US

why not... U can pursue it even if u v ur Bsc @ Kenya or Madagasca..lolzzzz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
GboyegaD:

You can also get your transcript evaluated and send it to the school before resumption to upgrade your admission. You would be surprised that your school can waive so much credit hours for you and then you can start with at Junior/Senior Year.

Thanks , I intend doing that before I begin classes cz I applied for another transcript to be sent to WES already ..happy Sunday!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kelly4top: 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
HI ALL, PLEASE I WANT TO CHANGE MY SURNAME IN MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE IN LAGOS I CAN DO IT AND HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO CHANGE MY SURNAME? PEOPLE SAY I CAN ONLY DO IT IN ABUJA. IS THAT TRUE?

PLS REPLY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2012
HND =B.S . Don't ask how. Let WES decide.
When you tell the school you have a Higher National Diploma, they'll probably ask you what that means. I know quite a handful of people in the US with HNDs from Nigeria who are heads of big agencies at the moment and hope to move further up on the ladder. Do not let HND hinder you. If anyone chooses to go back for undergrad after having obtained one from a polytechnic, it should not be because they were not given a chance like their university counterparts. It should be because they chose to make a first impression the second time.....

Good luck!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ayoadeade1: 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
biofem2000: HND =B.S . Don't ask how. Let WES decide.
When you tell the school you have a Higher National Diploma, they'll probably ask you what that means. I know quite a handful of people in the US with HNDs from Nigeria who are heads of big agencies at the moment and hope to move further up on the ladder. Do not let HND hinder you. If anyone chooses to go back for undergrad after having obtained one from a polytechnic, it should not be because they were not given a chance like their university counterparts. It should be because they chose to make a first impression the second time.....

Good luck!!!!!

The author wants to further his/her education and he/she is finding it hard to get a masters offer with HND. That suggest to me the HND is hindering him/her already. ALL TOP UNIVERSITIES around the world would only admit students with a good UNIVERSITY FIRST DEGREE into post graduate studies (Masters & Above) and not students with a college/polytechnic diploma except those with some long years of experience, research etc. You'll agree with me he/she needs to dig really deep like someone has already suggested here to get one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2012
^^^ That shouldn't hinder him, another person that graduated from his school had said that shouldn't be problem. He got admitted with his HND without any problem than online searching. I advice he keep on the search.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.