Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,873 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

A Difficult Question About Allah - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Difficult Question About Allah (6388 Views)

Beautiful Story About Allah's Forgiveness / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus / Lets Talk About Allah Or Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
fellis: @Lagosshia, What is it with you? Can't people simply commend my post without having ulterior motives?

You didn't understand what I wrote there. I meant that there is both faith and logic involved in religion but faith plays a bigger part in keeping it thriving. Religion without any form of logic would be completely insane so I could not possibly have meant that.

It's always Shia Islam, Shia Islam, Shia Islam with you.
Why did you pick out Shia Islam when you wanted to speak against what I said? Why didn't you defend the generality of Muslims? Are non-shia Muslims not also Muslims and therefore your brothers? Do they not also follow the Sharia which you used to buttress your point? You could have said the concept of faith without logic is wrong in Islam, rather than bringing Shia into the matter.
I really don't intend to cause any offense with this post so please don't take offense.
Peace.

i do not take offense.but it would take you time to understand what i am saying.i wont go further into it.but for you to see my point and since you sound like someone intellectual,i would recommend you do something.

please read "Al-Muraja'at" (A Sunni-Shia discourse).you can find it by yourself or you can follow the link (below) to read the entire book.it is an eye opener:

http://www.al-islam.org/murajaat/

Al-Muraja'at is a series of letter exchanged between Sayyid Abdul-Hussain Sharafiddin al-Musawi (a prominent Shia Muslim scholar from Lebanon) and Sheikh Salim al-Bishri (an Egyptian Sunni scholar and head of al-Azhar).

about the book from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Shi'i-Sunni_dialogue
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2012
I'm sorry, I don't have time to go through all those letters/links; I have studies to attend to. But keep the following Qur'anic verses in mind. They talk about forming divisions and sects.
Qur'an 3:103
Qur'an 3:105
Qur'an 6:159

Peace and love. smiley
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
fellis: I'm sorry, I don't have time to go through all those letters/links; I have studies to attend to. But keep the following Qur'anic verses in mind. They talk about forming divisions and sects.
Qur'an 3:103
Qur'an 3:105
Qur'an 6:159

Peace and love. smiley

you can find time to read it.it took me a week to read and comprehend the entire book when i first attempted to read it.if you do,good for you.if not,next time you talk ignorance your apology not to offend me would not be acceptable.we go fight grin
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
LagosShia:

you can find time to read it.it took me a week to read and comprehend the entire book when i first attempted to read it.if you do,good for you.if not,next time you talk ignorance your apology not to offend me would not be acceptable.we go fight grin
So what? I'm supposed to also dedicate an entire week of my life to reading the book?
I will read neither the letters nor the links and I will continue to speak against forming divisions in Islam, something even the Qur'an does.
If you like fight me.
I'm not scared of whatever Shia wrath you are planning to unleash on me. grin
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by vedaxcool(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
LagosShia:

please review:

Truly, it only confirmed my statement "the intellect" was missing in all the crap u wrote, and I think if u were told that one carrying poo on his head is part of ur deen u would find an "intellectual justification for such absurdities! Beating oneself lightly or harshly makes no sense, Husayn couldn't have lived past the day Allah set for him besides many muslims died on the path of Islam beating oneself over Husayn's death makes a mockery of his death, as the intellectual muslim response to such issue to learn the lesson and as such live the lesson not engage in senseless beating and wailing that reduces religion into a body of absurd practices!
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

Truly, it only confirmed my statement "the intellect" was missing in all the crap u wrote, and I think if u were told that one carrying poo on his head is part of ur deen u would find an "intellectual justification for such absurdities! Beating oneself lightly or harshly makes no sense, Husayn couldn't have lived past the day Allah set for him besides many muslims died on the path of Islam beating oneself over Husayn's death makes a mockery of his death, as the intellectual muslim response to such issue to learn the lesson and as such live the lesson not engage in senseless beating and wailing that reduces religion into a body of absurd practices!

you really need to seek medical care.so even when i presented explanations and another a fatwa for people not to hurt themselves,now you are still talking as if i supported that.there is no one who beats himself.hitting oneself (which is done lightly on the chest or thigh for females) is a symbolic sign of mourning in Islam.and i can bring for you proof from your Sunni hadiths if you wish so and show you how your mother,Aisha use to hit herself when in mourning.

and please intellectual discussions are for intellectuals who can read and udnerstand the point of views of others without trying hard not leaving any stone unturned and any bad expression unused to make sure they impose their own one sided views and condemn everything others say.that is wahhabism and not Islam.in the other thread,tarawih is proven to you that the Prophet (sa) prohibited it in congregation.regardless of why he prohibited it,you should not pray in congregation if it is truly the Prophet (sa) you follow.but you insist to pray it in congregation because that is what you do and how you do and what you feel is right.at least if you cannot justify your beliefs and acts,respect the fact that others can think,reason and present explanations for what they say and do.

PS: commemorating the matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) on Ashura is a sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (sa) and the Ahlul-bayt (as).keeping the revolution of Imam Hussain (as) alive is keeping the spirit of Islam alive.remembering Imam Hussain (as) is remembering the Prophet (sa) because Prophet Muhammad (sa) said:"Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain.may Allah love those who love Hussain".no matter how hard the wahhabis try to conceal the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) and kill us Shia Muslims everywhere in the world with their terrorists and suicide bombers on Ashura day,we will continue to commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as).wahhabis like their ummayyad ancestors and following the legacy of Yazid,will never succeed against the legacy of Imam Hussain (as) which we follow.the Prophet (sa) said:

"When Imam Husain (A) came to the Holy Prophet (S), he looked at him, hugged him and said: 'Martyrdom of Husain will generate such a fire in the hearts of believers which will never be extinguished.' Then he said' My parents be sacrificed for him who is the fountain-head of all mourning'. When the companions asked 'What does it mean?' He replied 'That no believer will remember him but mourning and weeping.'
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
fellis:
So what? I'm supposed to also dedicate an entire week of my life to reading the book?
I will read neither the letters nor the links and I will continue to speak against forming divisions in Islam, something even the Qur'an does.
If you like fight me.
I'm not scared of whatever Shia wrath you are planning to unleash on me. grin

lol grin

you really made me burst into laughter there.

well,i did not use 24/7 to read the book.perhaps it could take you less than a week or more.

i am not either in favor of divisions in Islam.Islam supports uniting around the truth.but Islam does not support unity around falsehood.if unity means supporting falsehood then such unity is against Islam.by what i am propagating i only wish to propagate what i believe,understand,support and can explain is the truth.

also,it is in the spirit of Islam to acquire knowledge.so regardless what you believe or think,there is definitely no harm to acquire knowledge.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool: It is beneath Allah's majesty to move a rock! Period! And just because u r too unsound to think and draw the right conclusions will not invalidate that fact!

....LmL..
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by vedaxcool(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2012
LagosShia:

you really need to seek medical care. so even when i presented explanations and another a fatwa for people not to hurt themselves,now you are still talking as if i supported that.there is no one who beats himself.hitting oneself (which is done lightly on the chest or thigh for females) is a symbolic sign of mourning in Islam.and i can bring for you proof from your Sunni hadiths if you wish so and show you how your mother,Aisha use to hit herself when in mourning.

and please intellectual discussions are for intellectuals who can read and udnerstand the point of views of others without trying hard not leaving any stone unturned and any bad expression unused to make sure they impose their own one sided views and condemn everything others say.that is wahhabism and not Islam.in the other thread,tarawih is proven to you that the Prophet (sa) prohibited it in congregation.regardless of why he prohibited it,you should not pray in congregation if it is truly the Prophet (sa) you follow.but you insist to pray it in congregation because that is what you do and how you do and what you feel is right.at least if you cannot justify your beliefs and acts,respect the fact that others can think,reason and present explanations for what they say and do.

Lol! grin Still intellect is missing from the above! Remember I am not complaining about you slapping urself silly, I only pointed out it DOES NOT MAKE SENSENE . . . The fact that the crap u wrote made no sense is what I pointed too! Pls feel free to slapp urself, atleast it is the least price one can bear when following such a divisive path that teaches u insulting people's parents as a righteous act, while u are free to post ur response, the intellectual muslims will point to flawed thinking that they inherently contain! This nasibi never learn!
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol! grin Still intellect is missing from the above! Remember I am not complaining about you slapping urself silly, I only pointed out it DOES NOT MAKE SENSENE . . . The fact that the crap u wrote made no sense is what I pointed too! Pls feel free to slapp urself, atleast it is the least price one can bear when following such a divisive path that teaches u insulting people's parents as a righteous act, while u are free to post ur response, the intellectual muslims will point to flawed thinking that they inherently contain! This nasibi never learn!

i am sure you did not read the last part of my previous post i added before you quote it and reply.please review it.

i have nothing to add to the above idle-speech.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2012
How do i go about Joining Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by maclatunji: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:

Why are you particular about the Muslim Brotherhood? As for becoming a Muslim, it is better to meet with the Imam in your area. The minimum requirement is to testify that There is no God except Allah and that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is his messenger, good luck!

1 Like

Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Cheers01: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:

Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by vedaxcool(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:

First step is to say the kalimatu shahada: the declaration of faith:
Ash-hadun alla ilaaha illallah
(I bear witness and attest that there is no god worthy of worship but the One God Allah (swt))

Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar- rasool ullaah
(I bear witness and attest that Muhammad (saaw) is the messenger of Allah (swt))

I will advise if there is a mosque close to where u live, u could introduce yourself to the Imam or any muslim there about your intentions so that u could be guided thru the rest of the process.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:

recite with your lips and believe in your heart:

Ash-Hadu Al La Ilaha Il-Lal-lah,Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammad Rasulullah.

that means you believe there is no god except Allah (the Universal Unique One Unseen Almighty Creator of all) and that Muhammad is his messenger.

the above makes you a Muslim.there are other optional recitations you utter to testify to the truthfulness of Islam.you can see an example of a christian becoming (Shia) Muslim in the below video and how the ceremony was conducted (with all the recitations botht the above stated and the supplementary ones) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31OtANUKJdQ
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Cheers01: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
LagosShia:

that means you believe there is no god except Allah (the Universal Unique One Unseen Almighty Creator of all) and that Muhammad is his messenger.

the above makes you a Muslim.there are other optional recitations you utter to testify to the truthfulness of Islam.you can see an example of a christian becoming (Shia) Muslim in the below video and how the ceremony was conducted :

You dey craze? Why are you answering a muslim brotherhood fanatic on my thread?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Cheers01: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

(I bear witness and attest that there is no god worthy of worship but the One God Allah (swt))

(I bear witness and attest that Muhammad (saaw) is the messenger of Allah (swt))

I will advise if there is a mosque close to where u live, u could introduce yourself to the Imam or any muslim there about your intentions so that u could be guided thru the rest of the process.

You dey craze? Why are you answering a muslim brotherhood fanatic on my thread?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool: I will advise if there is a mosque close to where u live, u could introduce yourself to the Imam or any muslim there about your intentions so that u could be guided thru the rest of the process.

First Progressive steps are to enter a Mosque, introduce myself and they will help me find the right Path of Life and Spiritual Enlightenment?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
Fanatic?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
Cheers you are disrespecting Allah right now, Allah is more important than your primitive "thread"....Allah is greater than you...

Therefor Allah Comes First.

Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
LagosShia:

the above makes you a Muslim.there are other optional recitations you utter to testify to the truthfulness of Islam.you can see an example of a christian becoming (Shia) Muslim in the below video and how the ceremony was conducted (with all the recitations botht the above stated and the supplementary ones) :

vedaxcool:

I appreciate this. cheesy
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

Vedaxcool no offense intended,but you do not pronounce the shahada correctly grin grin grin

you said:
"Ash-hadun alla ilaaha illallah"

it is not "ash hadun";it is "ash hadu".

also you said:

"Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammad-ar- rasool ullaah".

it is not :

"anna Muhammad-ar- rasool ullaah".

it is:

"anna Muhammad Rasulullah" or "Muhammadur-Rasulullah".

i pray you take correction and not argue it. grin
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
~Royal~:

I appreciate this. cheesy

welcome!

are you thinking of becoming Muslim?
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
yes, i am thinking of becoming Muslim[b]s[/b]
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2012
Lagosshia, The verse of the Quran says we should avoid forming sects or face a dreadful penalty.

Qur'an 3:105 "Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear signs; for them is a dreadful penalty.

LagosShia:

lol grin

you really made me burst into laughter there.

well,i did not use 24/7 to read the book.perhaps it could take you less than a week or more.

i am not either in favor of divisions in Islam.Islam supports uniting around the truth.but Islam does not support unity around falsehood.if unity means supporting falsehood then such unity is against Islam.by what i am propagating i only wish to propagate what i believe,understand,support and can explain is the truth.

also,it is in the spirit of Islam to acquire knowledge.so regardless what you believe or think,there is definitely no harm to acquire knowledge.

The thing about any large group of human beings is that there will most definitely be people in that group that would want to deviate from the established norms or that would want to interprete those norms in ways that are pleasing to them instead of following what they are told.

Similar thing in Islam. There will be people that want to do as they please and what is not considered proper in the religion. What you should do is avoid them in doing those things you think are wrong, you don't have to brand yourself and others that share your views as members of any sect. You can do what you think is right without creating sects.

For instance, some Muslims claim that killing non-Muslims was stipulated in the Qur'an and I don't agree with them. I can simply acknowledge that I don't support their falsehood or their wrong beliefs, I wouldn't have to start forming a brand new sect (The Non-Boko Haram Muslims sect) to make sure I am not one of them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Just do what is right and free your mind of sectarian thoughts.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
fellis:
Lagosshia, The verse of the Quran says we should avoid forming sects or face a dreadful penalty.

Qur'an 3:105 "Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear signs; for them is a dreadful penalty.
this was revealed at a time when the Prophet (sa) was among the Muslims.it refers to the followers of Musa (as) who divided among themselves.however,it does not mean that if the Prophet (sa) is not with us we should divide for the sake of it or out of quarrelling.

it also doesn't mean that in order to be united we should follow falsehood and lies.the Quran also tells us that we should "enjoin in virtue and forbid evil".

The thing about any large group of human beings is that there will most definitely be people in that group that would want to deviate from the established norms or that would want to interprete those norms in ways that are pleasing to them instead of following what they are told.

Similar thing in Islam. There will be people that want to do as they please and what is not considered proper in the religion. What you should do is avoid them in doing those things you think are wrong, you don't have to brand yourself and others that share your views as members of any sect. You can do what you think is right without creating sects.
but by calling myself a "Shia of Ali" is not forbidden or a sin.it is not even becoming a sect.the Prophet (sa) said "only a believer loves Ali and only a hypocrite hates him".so by virtue of that hadith,every Muslim who is a true believer should subscribe to being a "Shia" especially after the Prophet (sa) addressed Imam Ali (as) saying:"you and your Shia shall be the saved one on Qiyama".

those who made themselves a "sect" are those who call themselves "sunni".the Prophet (sa) did not name anyone "sunni".in order to oppose the virtue in being a Shia of Imam Ali (as),it was Muawiya (an enemy of Imam Ali) who first used the term "ahlus-sunnah wal jama'ah" to make people different and divide the Muslims.by virtue of the hadith i earlier quoted all Muslims should be "Shia of Ali".going by the meaning of "ahlus-sunnah",there is no need for any muslim to call himself "sunni" or "follower of the sunnah" because all muslims follow the sunnah.in fact we Shia calling ourselves Shia is a sunnah of the Prophet we are following like the Quran describes Prophet Ibrahim (as) as a "Shia of Noah";"Shia" means lover/follower/partisan.and we do admit that and every Muslim must follow the "sunnah" of the Prophet (sa).so there is no need to use the word "sunni" to divide the muslims from the true path and form a sect.

For instance some Muslims claim that killing non-Muslims was stipulated in the Qur'an and I don't agree with them. I can simply acknowledge that I don't support their falsehood or their wrong beliefs, I wouldn't have to start forming a brand new sect (The Non-Boko Haram Muslims sect) to make sure I am not one of them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Just do what is right and free your mind of sectarian thoughts.

but what if the wrong party instead of following the truth form itself into a sect? killing innocent people be they muslims or not is haram.it is not allowed in Islam to kill non-muslims simply because they are exercising their god-given free will to believe whatever they will.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
Brb Lagosshia, I'm busy right now.
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by Logicbwoy: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
Maclatunji, how can you ban me? How?

Your friends are derailing my thread with dawah and talk of muslim sects.....are these things related to the topic?

And I am the one getting banned for my comments? Kai.

(cheers01 got banned)
Re: A Difficult Question About Allah by LagosShia: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
Logicbwoy: Maclatunji, how can you ban me? How?

Your friends are derailing my thread with dawah and talk of muslim sects.....are these things related to the topic?

And I am the one getting banned for my comments? Kai.

(cheers01 got banned)

my brother,you know i do not defend Maclatunji and i do not believe in him from experience.but your words are wrong.how can you stop Muslims from spreading their faith in this forum,when this forum is called "Islam for Muslims"? it is even specified "muslims only".so even you opening threads here is a privilege and not a right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab / How To Complete The Qur'an This Ramadan / Don't Forget To Give Your Zakaat Fitri Before Eid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.