Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? (54800 Views)

INFO About The Immigration Service Recruitment The Second Stage / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Firs Second Stage Of Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chylo:

For me, i have a degree in economics. In my partner interview, he asked me questions like, what is inflation, how is it calculated. What is gdp, how is it calculated. What is the difference between gdp and gnp. If you were d president's economic adviser, how would u advise him to improve our economy, especially our balance of payments, trade deficit, foreign reserves and currency depreciation.
Note: i have an msc. So twas quite tasking for me, but glory be to God. Waitin for trainin school.
Aiit bro! Dat'z a big one...@ ur Msc! Tnx 4d info.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
yetseyi:
nope 1st name is Yetunde. wats up
If u can send ur number as a PM I'll appreciate it so I can call u and ask d details tanks
I av sent u a mail.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chylo:

For me, i have a degree in economics. In my partner interview, he asked me questions like, what is inflation, how is it calculated. What is gdp, how is it calculated. What is the difference between gdp and gnp. If you were d president's economic adviser, how would u advise him to improve our economy, especially our balance of payments, trade deficit, foreign reserves and currency depreciation.
Note: i have an msc. So twas quite tasking for me, but glory be to God. Waitin for trainin school.
Specifically, pls can u help with info on ques asked during the MANAGER INTERVIEW (2nd interview) lyk: "can u talk about a time when you went the extra mile to get a job done" and "describe a case where u showed innovation". U knw those kind of questions...as many as u can rememba pls. Waiting 4 ur response. Tanx bro!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Chylo(m): 11:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
^^^ I will be honest. These behavioural questions where only asked me in the first interview. D one wit the manager was quite routine. Just like a chat or a friendly discussion. He asked me about d essay i wrote during the test, which was on Mandela. Den we started discussing about leadership in nigeria and on how things could be better. Then, he asked about how kpmg fits into my future career. Why i chose audit and how economics relates with finance. Dat was basically it. Just be yourself and speak confidently and with passion. One more thing: please and please read about the current conversion going on now in the audit industry from nigerian sas format to the international ifrs, cos dat will be d major job for new guys. Cheers.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Chylo: ^^^ I will be honest. These behavioural questions where only asked me in the first interview. D one wit the manager was quite routine. Just like a chat or a friendly discussion. He asked me about d essay i wrote during the test, which was on Mandela. Den we started discussing about leadership in nigeria and on how things could be better. Then, he asked about how kpmg fits into my future career. Why i chose audit and how economics relates with finance. Dat was basically it. Just be yourself and speak confidently and with passion. One more thing: please and please read about the current conversion going on now in the audit industry from nigerian sas format to the international ifrs, cos dat will be d major job for new guys. Cheers.
Helpful hint there. Thanks! I'm not interviewing with the audit unit tho...'tiz forensic. However, I stil hope the behavioural q's, as u referred to 'em, don't feature.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 12:16am On Jun 11, 2013
Furthermore, I learnt from a reliable source that the managers and partners try to test candidates for team work abilities or skills. U had any such experience?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Chylo(m): 10:28am On Jun 11, 2013
lobito 007: Furthermore, I learnt from a reliable source that the managers and partners try to test candidates for team work abilities or skills. U had any such experience?

Yeah bro, they're always looking out for that. Durin our leadership discussion, I was asked whether i had led a group b4, aw many ppl nd aw i handled dissenting voices. Also, he asked wat type of sport i played nd wen i said football nd chess, he took up football nd asked wat position, i said defence and added dat i will throw my body on d ball b4 i allowed a goal, lol, he smiled nd wrote smthn on his paper, dunno if dat meant anythn. Cheers.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Chylo:

Yeah bro, they're always looking out for that. Durin our leadership discussion, I was asked whether i had led a group b4, aw many ppl nd aw i handled dissenting voices. Also, he asked wat type of sport i played nd wen i said football nd chess, he took up football nd asked wat position, i said defence and added dat i will throw my body on d ball b4 i allowed a goal, lol, he smiled nd wrote smthn on his paper, dunno if dat meant anythn. Cheers.
Interesting...@ d football ish. I wish such would come up @ mine too...lol Now I can't even wait 4d next interview. Ur tips have been helpful. Lyk d fictional Oliver Twist, I would fancy more.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by yetseyi(f): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
lobito 007:
I av sent u a mail.
I didnt get the mail ooh pls just send @
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Tingles(m): 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
lobito 007:
Woah! Accounting and economics! Do u hav a social science or pure science background? Can u rmemba some of d questions or under wat topic they are? If yes, PLS write 'em out. Tanx!

I am sorry for my late response, I have been occupied lately and I am glad that Chylo has answered most of your questions.

The interviews don't really take a particular direction, the moment I mentioned "reading" as my hobby in one of the interviews, I was asked to mention the name of my favourite author, the last book I read, what makes a good book.e.t.c, I mentioned elasticity in one of my answers too and the conversation switched to economics, GNP,GDP, differences between the two, effect of savings on GDP and GNP, how it is measured...so, expect anything, and if you don't know the answers to all the questions, you should say something intelligent to distract the interviewer, it takes being really intelligent to pull that off though. You might wanna go through this thread from the beginning or search for similar threads, it helped me. Goodluck.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tingles:

I am sorry for my late response, I have been occupied lately and I am glad that Chylo has answered most of your questions.

The interviews don't really take a particular direction, the moment I mentioned "reading" as my hobby in one of the interviews, I was asked to mention the name of my favourite author, the last book I read, what makes a good book.e.t.c, I mentioned elasticity in one of my answers too and the conversation switched to economics, GNP,GDP, differences between the two, effect of savings on GDP and GNP, how it is measured...so, expect anything, and if you don't know the answers to all the questions, you should say something intelligent to distract the interviewer, it takes being really intelligent to pull that off though. You might wanna go through this thread from the beginning or search for similar threads, it helped me. Goodluck.
Aiit...thanks.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by oxygen25: 5:51am On Jun 12, 2013
doofanc: What is d pay like?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2013
Hello peeps! It's been quiet here lately. Any recent activity?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 12:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Tingles: I had my partner interview last week and I got a success mail this afternoon, thanks phonon, mcstan and other people whose advise and hints helped through the interview stages. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in person.

@Chylo: Don't be so sure, the fact that some of us didn't pass through the group stage doesn't mean that there is no group exercise.

Congrats Tingles. We look forward to meeting you in the big family. Which unit did you apply to by the way? I'm sorry I've been away for a while now to follow up on those who desired it.

If there are still any issues that require clarifications, you can beep my line
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by lobito007(m): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
mcstan_18:

Congrats Tingles. We look forward to meeting you in the big family. Which unit did you apply to by the way? I'm sorry I've been away for a while now to follow up on those who desired it.

If there are still any issues that require clarifications, you can beep my line on 08093137951
Gud 2 hav u bac macstan. Please what's your whatz app digits?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by oxygen25: 4:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
@fortissimo, I don catch u today, I knw you are in the Tax unit of KPMG, abeg, na tax me sef dey pursue o, pls the quest wey I get for you be say, 'what next after the manager interview and how many weeks does it take them to feed one back after the manager interview?' Thanks bro. You rock!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2013
Please people,I wrote my test 1st week in march and got a success mail shortly after,since den,all I v gotten from dem is a biweekly update twicw,I applied for forensics,donno if to kip my calm or put a call or mail through to them.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by cocodayor: 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
hi,pls i also wrote their assessment test in jan...passed and submitted my application in feb....first choice in audit....i was called last week invited for what they called an exercise.....is that suppose to be an interview and what should i prepare for....pls urgent reply.....God bless you
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
oxygen25: @fortissimo, I don catch u today, I knw you are in the Tax unit of KPMG, abeg, na tax me sef dey pursue o, pls the quest wey I get for you be say, 'what next after the manager interview and how many weeks does it take them to feed one back after the manager interview?' Thanks bro. You rock!

Hahaha see this man oh!
Well, after the manager interview is the 1st partner interview. They should get back to you within a week if your interview was successful. However, your subsequent interview may be scheduled a while after that. This depends on how urgently they are recruiting.

All the best
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Tingles(m): 12:20am On Jun 25, 2013
mcstan_18:

If there are still any issues that require clarifications, you can beep my line on 08093137951

Thanks, I can't wait join you guys...I think I know how busy you guys get, no need for apologies man. I applied to Audit unit...see you in September
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by oxygen25: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Fortissimo:

Hahaha see this man oh!
Well, after the manager interview is the 1st partner interview. They should get back to you within a week if your interview was successful. However, your subsequent interview may be scheduled a while after that. This depends on how urgently they are recruiting.

All the best
Thanks man, I have been contacted. POSITIVE
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
Which one is 'first' partner interview again?Please, explain o.........Also those familiar with this 'benchmarking' brouhaha should let us know o...PHEW

Fortissimo:

Hahaha see this man oh!

All the best
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2013
lobito 007:
Gud 2 hav u bac macstan. Please what's your whatz app digits?

Yes brother. My digits as requested is 0803517****
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
It's exactly 1year since this thread was created by me and I thank God for helping through all stages and ultimately into KPMG. It's not been an easy one year but the Lord has been gracious towards us.

To all those seeking to join the firm, may your heart desires come true. Amen

3 Likes

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2013
Celebrating with you bro.Do you know if there would still be any other stage after the Partner interview?

mcstan_18: It's exactly 1year since this thread was created by me and I thank God for helping through all stages and ultimately into KPMG. It's not been an easy one year but the Lord has been gracious towards us.

To all those seeking to join the firm, may your heart desires come true. Amen
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by yetseyi(f): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
@lobitto wia are u
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
Phonon: Celebrating with you bro.Do you know if there would still be any other stage after the Partner interview?

There's no other stage after that brother. You only need to await the success mail and then proceed to medicals. God's grace brother

1 Like

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
I hope so brother.I only asked because HR had mentioned something about 'benchmarking' after the Partner interview.Waiting patiently.....

mcstan_18:

There's no other stage after that brother. You only need to await the success mail and then proceed to medicals. God's grace brother
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2013
Phonon:
I hope so brother.I only asked because HR had mentioned something about 'benchmarking' after the Partner interview.Waiting patiently.....

There's no other stage after the partner interview. Benchmarking is only a process whereby HR compares all successful candidates by juxtaposing your resumé, credentials, and performances at each of the stages of the recruitment process with that of your contemporaries.

This is usually done to ensure that the 'best' of all qualified candidates are selected from the pool of talents available for employment at each point in time (there isn't a foolproof assurance that this would be the case afterall, just a thing of professional judgment).

However, if the HR perceives that a person isn't good enough for his/her preferred unit due to better candidates vying for the same position, an offer to make an alternative switch to other units where there is/are available space(s) is usually made.

Don't fret too much over this brother. It shall come good. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
You couldn't have expressed it better. Thanks so much for the insight;looking forward to seeing you in September/October. grin grin grin

mcstan_18:

There's no other stage after the partner interview. Benchmarking is only a process whereby HR compares all successful candidates by juxtaposing your resumé, credentials, and performances at each of the stages of the recruitment process with that of your contemporaries.

This is usually done to ensure that the 'best' of all qualified candidates are selected from the pool of talents available for employment at each point in time (there isn't a foolproof assurance that this would be the case afterall, just a thing of professional judgment).

However, if the HR perceives that a person isn't good enough for his/her preferred unit due to better candidates vying for the same position, an offer to make an alternative switch to other units where there is/are available space(s) is usually made.

Don't fret too much over this brother. It shall come good. Bless you.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Chylo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
This my official sign-off from this thread. Got an offer for a phd in economics in the uk. Will be going to do that in September instead. I rilly tried waiting for pwc or kpmg as long as I could, but it's prob for the best.

Thanks to evryone; phonon, mcstan etc who've been giving advice and hope. Wishing u all d veri best @ kpmg.

3 Likes

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS MAN.The best of everything lies ahead for you;go grab it.We will be here keeping it real. My regards to the Royal pikin. cool grin

Chylo: This my official sign-off from this thread. Got an offer for a phd in economics in the uk. Will be going to do that in September instead. I rilly tried waiting for pwc or kpmg as long as I could, but it's prob for the best.

Thanks to evryone; phonon, mcstan etc who've been giving advice and hope. Wishing u all d veri best @ kpmg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FG MDAs That Are Currently Recruiting/Replacing [2016] / 26 Best Websites To Learn Incredibly Useful New Skills / ******

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.