Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? (54802 Views)

INFO About The Immigration Service Recruitment The Second Stage / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Firs Second Stage Of Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
Without any form of reservation(of words), the KPMG recruitment process is fair and well organised except of course the fact that it could drag for sometime, close to or more than a calendar year atimes. If you guys have been told by the lady in question that recruitment for MC would commence next year, then I'd rather you take her for her word. That's usually the case when it comes to recruitment into Management Consulting(MC), infact some of you guys may be advised to switch to audit if need be(that's from past experiences). You've got to pray and work hard brother, KPMG isn't easy to get into albeit you can be sure that it would be 100% merit-based.

A piece of advise for you: If by any chance you're advised by the HR to switch to audit or tax, grab the opportunity with both hands and legs. MC recruits only a few(comparatively) each year which reduces applicants' chances of making it through. Be upbeat brother- you'ld certainly get called, be it on the postive note or otherwise.

I hope I've been able to clear your fears in no small measure? If you've got any more doubts anyway, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to give answers to the best of my knowledge(this reply could take some time anyway as we've been very busy lately). Bless your soul brother. Wish you the very best

1 Like

Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2012
@ Mcstan, tnx so much 4 finding tym 2 reply. I appreciate also every word of encouragement 4rm u. Av a luvly week ahead bro. Tnx 1nce again. Cheers!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
MY PLEASURE
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Tingles(m): 11:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
I need help people...the column provided for undergraduate courses in their graduate trainee form can not even accomodate a semester's list of courses, how do I do it?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 20, 2012
Just write the courses in which you had your best grades. You can send your transcript to them later.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Tingles(m): 7:24am On Dec 20, 2012
@Fortissimo: Thanks!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Westlord: 10:29am On Dec 20, 2012
KPMG
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Westlord: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2012
mcstan_18: Without any form of reservation(of words), the KPMG recruitment process is fair and well organised except of course the fact that it could drag for sometime, close to or more than a calendar year atimes. If you guys have been told by the lady in question that recruitment for MC would commence next year, then I'd rather you take her for her word. That's usually the case when it comes to recruitment into Management Consulting(MC), infact some of you guys may be advised to switch to audit if need be(that's from past experiences). You've got to pray and work hard brother, KPMG isn't easy to get into albeit you can be sure that it would be 100% merit-based.

A piece of advise for you: If by any chance you're advised by the HR to switch to audit or tax, grab the opportunity with both hands and legs. MC recruits only a few(comparatively) each year which reduces applicants' chances of making it through. Be upbeat brother- you'ld certainly get called, be it on the postive note or otherwise.

I hope I've been able to clear your fears in no small measure? If you've got any more doubts anyway, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to give answers to the best of my knowledge(this reply could take some time anyway as we've been very busy lately). Bless your soul brother. Wish you the very best
U might be right to an extent '***% merit based' so how can you explain a science degree product scaling thru to d final (Partner) then being told d@ not been 4rm an accounting background was d reason 4 my disqulification after asking & being assured d@ it wont be an hindrance @ every stages of d interview. The 100% is for the procedure & organisation bt it is 50% of d general process. I still like KPMG even when dey fell short of my expectatn; bt (KPMG NG) they ar Dream creators/terminators; life is al abt start & stop so I dont blame dem.
2 all still tryng KPMG NG, its worth it if U can bear it, good luc
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Yknight: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
so any recent news on this? some of us are still on our second interview..
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Tingles(m): 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
^ Some of us just passed the aptitude test, waiting for the first interview, what should we expect?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Westlord: U might be right to an extent '***% merit based' so how can you explain a science degree product scaling thru to d final (Partner) then being told d@ not been 4rm an accounting background was d reason 4 my disqulification after asking & being assured d@ it wont be an hindrance @ every stages of d interview. The 100% is for the procedure & organisation bt it is 50% of d general process. I still like KPMG even when dey fell short of my expectatn; bt (KPMG NG) they ar Dream creators/terminators; life is al abt start & stop so I dont blame dem.
2 all still tryng KPMG NG, its worth it if U can bear it, good luc

I understand the way you feel brother, many others have been through same heartbreak. I guess the non-accounting graduate reason for not progressing you past the partner interview was only a seeming more lenient means of dropping you for someone else- there must've been a more telling lapse detected during your interviews which relegated you to a second choice when juxtaposed with other applicants (this is only my opinion from what I've seen). This ought not to deter you but spur you into developing your interview skills

Remember, the competition is so stiff among the high-flying graduates that only about 1 in 50 who make it past the aptitude tests eventually get hired. Dust yourself up my man and walk into that promising career path. Getting to the partner level means you're SOUND. Wish you the very best in your career endevours.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by mcstan18(m): 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
Tingles: ^ Some of us just passed the aptitude test, waiting for the first interview, what should we expect?

Expect an open and friendly chat session. Wish you the best.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Tingles(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2013
mcstan_18:

Expect an open and friendly chat session. Wish you the best.

Thanks...I hope it is as easy as you make it sound. Thanks for lifting my fears bro.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
Had my first two interviews in December 2012 for audit.Waiting to be called for Partner Interview.The HR guy told us then that the positions for audit would be filled by this month so one expects to start latest beginning of next month.Keeping fingers crossed.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Mocreations(f): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Also had manager interview in Audit in Dececember. The wait is getting so long. I'm really hoping in hope.
@ Phonon, were you sent an update on the status of your manager interview via email afterwards?
Guys already in there, would u advice me to call the 'Hr' to know the status of my last interview and when I can be
I can be scheduled for the partner interview?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by koolvin12(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
pls guy,what can you tell me about this my peculiar scenario? I got an email from KPMG for an interview today though i called them to reshedule it to wednesday. I have been wondering why i was invited for an interview without taking an aptitude test. I can only remember forwarding my cv to this email bankingindustrycss@ng.kpmg.com. Pls guys,i need your help asap.thanks all
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
I think you should call them.I had to hound them for days before they finally decided to send me a mail saying I passed the manager interview stage and I will be contacted 'shortly' for the next stage.Still waiting till the end of the day and tomorrow I will call Kunle from HR.

Mo creations: Also had manager interview in Audit in Dececember. The wait is getting so long. I'm really hoping in hope.
@ Phonon, were you sent an update on the status of your manager interview via email afterwards?
Guys already in there, would u advice me to call the 'Hr' to know the status of my last interview and when I can be
I can be scheduled for the partner interview?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ Koolvin12, d interview is 4 d Banking Industry Customer Satisfaction Survey(BICSS). It's a survey conducted by KPMG annually, so u dn't nid 2 write a test. I'm already gearing up 4 my interview scheduled 4 2mao. Al d best bro
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
Where you invited for your interview this year and what unit?Still waiting since Dec.21 for Partner Interview.
polipompom: @ Koolvin12, d interview u wer scheduled is 4 d Banking Industry Customer Satisfaction Survey(BICSS). It's a survey conducted by KPMG annually, so u dn't nid 2 write a test. I'm already gearing up 4 my interview scheduled 4 2mao. Al d best bro
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by jerekul: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
@polipompom, am also preparing for the same interview, pls what are the likely questions to expect?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
@ Phonon, dis isn't d normal KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment. Like I earlier noted, it's 4 a Banking survey dey conduct annually.
@ jerekul, I guess u shd google "KPMG BANKING INDUSTRY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY" den read up wot d survey entails. And of coz av a general knowledge of d coy (KPMG) itself. Wen is ur interview nd wot's ur discipline? Good luck!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by koolvin12(m): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
polipompom: @ Koolvin12, d interview is 4 d Banking Industry Customer Satisfaction Survey(BICSS). It's a survey conducted by KPMG annually, so u dn't nid 2 write a test. I'm already gearing up 4 my interview scheduled 4 2mao. Al d best bro

thanks soo very much bro for ur quick response,i feel so much beta now....pls u got more info as regards interview tips and pay package,it will be will appreciated....thanks once again
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by jerekul: 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2013
@polipompom, thanks for the insight. The mail they sent to me said I should expect a call between 7th and 9th. it seems yours is 2mao. please any idea about their pay package and duration of the survey?
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 12:11am On Jan 08, 2013
@ jerekul, nt rili. I'l try 2 get d info 2day.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by jerekul: 12:22am On Jan 08, 2013
polipompom: @ jerekul, nt rili. I'l try 2 get d info 2day.
Ok....best of luck in ur interview.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 1:06am On Jan 08, 2013
Tnx bro! U 2.
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ Koolvin12 nd Jerekul, had my interview 2day. Quite ok. Xpect qstns lyk; Can I meet u?, are u presently working?, av u eva lied b4?(funny ryt?), wot do u know abt d banking industry?, do u av an idea wot d job(BICSS) entails?
In additn, d survey is xpected 2 last for 3wks(21 days) nd one is xpected 2 administer abt 250 questionnaires. Is sum1 itchn abt d pay? Well, she wsn't specific, only said in addition 2 d pay, we'l b given tp allowance. Good luck guys!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by koolvin12(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
polipompom: @ Koolvin12 nd Jerekul, had my interview 2day. Quite ok. Xpect qstns lyk; Can I meet u?, are u presently working?, av u eva lied b4?(funny ryt?), wot do u know abt d banking industry?, do u av an idea wot d job(BICSS) entails?
In additn, d survey is xpected 2 last for 3wks(21 days) nd one is xpected 2 administer abt 250 questionnaires. Is sum1 itchn abt d pay? Well, she wsn't specific, only said in addition 2 d pay, we'l b given tp allowance. Good luck guys!

@polopompom,thanks a lot for the tips....I pray we all succeed ooooo
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by koolvin12(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
koolvin12:

@polopompom,thanks a lot for the tips....I pray we all succeed ooooo

Pls how do I get to the venue from iyanaoba Urgent reply is needed pls...thanks once again
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by polipompom: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dunno d@ area of lag though. In any case, find ur way down 2 CMS. @ CMS, u board a bus goin 2 Bar beach-Eko Hotel, alight @ round about(d bus stop after Eko hotel). Walk up d@ road wer u alighted, ie, Ademola Adetokunbo. Bishop Aboyade Cole St is on d first turn by d ryt. Hope dis helps? Good luck!
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by koolvin12(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
polipompom: Dunno d@ area of lag though. In any case, find ur way down 2 CMS. @ CMS, u board a bus goin 2 Bar beach-Eko Hotel, alight @ round about(d bus stop after Eko hotel). Walk up d@ road wer u alighted, ie, Ademola Adetokunbo. Bishop Aboyade Cole St is on d first turn by d ryt. Hope dis helps? Good luck!

Well received and understood,thanks soo much bro
Re: KPMG Second Stage Interviews, What Is It Like? by Phonon: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
This wait is tiring...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FG MDAs That Are Currently Recruiting/Replacing [2016] / 26 Best Websites To Learn Incredibly Useful New Skills / ******

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.