Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. (13660 Views)

Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? / Whqt Should I Do Please?am Seriously In Love With My Sister-inlaw / Would You Let Your Brother Marry A Girl You Slept With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by lafad11(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2012
Since i got married, my sister inlaw has been putting up with us (my wife and I)
My younger brother came back after frm uk to visit us and found my sis inlaw attractive. He told me his intentions and I cautioned him immediately. He went ahead and asked our parents and they also cautioned him. Why i refused in the 1st place i can't give a geniune reason.
My question is dis: is it wrong for dem to get married, Why? Cos dats d question he asked us.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by eddy42k(m): 11:41am On Jul 21, 2012
from my point, i tink deres notin wrong
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Rocktation(f): 11:47am On Jul 21, 2012
No, it isn't wrong because they aren't related by blood. I believe that you just feel that it will be kind of awkward if they start playing love and all under your roof. Yeah, it will be. And it'd be worse still, if after the love play and all, he doesn't marry her.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Mynd44: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2012
If a father can marry his son's step-daughter, then there is noting wrong here
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by slimyem: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
two sibs marrying into the same family is equal to plenty expanations and awkward situations!
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
Nothing wrong but complexities
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by MrsChima(f): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
How solid is their relationship? Are they ready to marry each other and weather any storm without flee?

If yes....I don't see an issue because incestuous families do it all the time. wink
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by cog1: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Its not the best at all.
Why its not usually done is due to a number of reasons:
(This is not exhaustive)
(1) Genetic;
(2)Socio/cultural
For the genetic,if they have any hidden genetic disorders
In their family,it means it could be passed into your
Family tree by not just one but two routes!!! That is
Your route and your brother's route if he eventually
Marries her!!!
(2)Socio/cultural;one could instigate the other to cause
Serious problems in the family for a flimsy perceived
Injustice against that one!!!!
Abeg,girls full road,he should pick one there!!!
Or better still,send him on another trip!
How can 2sisters marry into the same family? Na only una
Family dem see?!!!
Pple like your bro dnt usually listen;so shuk mouth small
Small o!
Blessed day.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by cindyrella(f): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
slimyem: two sibs marrying into the same family is equal to plenty explanations and awkward situations!
Oh yes I agree!
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by RuuDie(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
Of course. . . they're not "blood-related"!
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Yorisb: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
Eww! Talk of the abhorrent of vulgarity? No thanks.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by esolutionpoint(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
NOTHING is wrong with that. my brother can marry my sister in-law. i think tradition doesn't forbid that. meanwhile F.U.CK that dead tradition that will come against it.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Ybutterfly: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
^^^^^^n0^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by chelseabmw(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2012
As for me,its not cool at all.Forget about being related or not
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Mynd44: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
It is not illegal, it is not morally wrong, so its fine by me
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by tpapi: 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
Be sincere, do u know of any family in nigeria dat is into it,
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Mynd44: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
So because of lack of precedence, you will not do something? Dude stop using other peopl's yard stick
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Amya(f): 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mynd_44: It is not illegal, it is not morally wrong, so its fine by me
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Amya(f): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mynd_44: It is not illegal, it is not morally wrong, so its fine by me

Aside the obvious awkwardness between all the parties involved, it'll in more ways than one complicate the life of the Op and the whole family.

Imagine a situation where his brother and his wife are having some marital problems and he sides his brother, and she sides her sister. . .

It's not impossible just mightily weird.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Mynd44: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
Amya:

Aside the obvious awkwardness between all the parties involved, it'll in more ways than one complicate the life of the Op and the whole family.

Imagine a situation where his brother and his wife are having some marital problems and he sides his brother, and she sides her sister. . .

It's not impossible just mightily weird.
A lot of things we do these days would be called weird to those who lived decades ago. About the marital issues, they should be matured enough for that and I personally am not one who will support taking your marital issues outside
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by lafad11(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2012
eddy42k: from my point, i tink deres notin wrong
Kk, thanks
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by lafad11(m): 7:44am On Jul 22, 2012
cog1: Its not the best at all.
Why its not usually done is due to a number of reasons:
(This is not exhaustive)
(1) Genetic;
(2)Socio/cultural
For the genetic,if they have any hidden genetic disorders
In their family,it means it could be passed into your
Family tree by not just one but two routes!!! That is
Your route and your brother's route if he eventually
Marries her!!!
(2)Socio/cultural;one could instigate the other to cause
Serious problems in the family for a flimsy perceived
Injustice against that one!!!!
Abeg,girls full road,he should pick one there!!!
Or better still,send him on another trip!
How can 2sisters marry into the same family? Na only una
Family dem see?!!!
Pple like your bro dnt usually listen;so shuk mouth small
Small o!
Blessed day.

Thanks, really appreciate the way u explained it.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Mynd44: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by kittykat1(f): 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
Haven't u seen identical twins marrying identical twins? It happens all d time joor.

Femi and dotun Oyewole. Who used Intg Science by Stan in second schl? They were part of d authors and also lectured in the then Fed Science Lagos before d biafran war.

I can now confirm that NLD is full of kids.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by tellwisdom: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
Please dont let her take the punny out of your family circle embarassed embarassed
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by MMM2(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
Op

If d road is good u re permitted 2 go twice
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Mynd44: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
M M M:
Op

Nice
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by lafad11(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
M M M:
Op

Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by Chriscero(m): 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
People be acting like they haven't heard of one set of twins marrying another set of twins on the same day. How is this any different please? There is zero awkwardness or any other thing wrong with this scenario.
Re: Can My Brother Marry My Sister Inlaw. by exporttraining: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
lafad11:
Since i got married, my sister inlaw has been putting up with us (my wife and I)
My younger brother came back after frm uk to visit us and found my sis inlaw attractive. He told me his intentions and I cautioned him immediately. He went ahead and asked our parents and they also cautioned him. Why i refused in the 1st place i can't give a geniune reason.
My question is dis: is it wrong for dem to get married, Why? Cos dats d question he asked us.
. I don't see anything wrong in it so far both love each other very well. There is chemistry between them. If you find out, both stars match each other. Ask for their date of birth. I don't need the year just day and month. I will tell you what they share in common.
If you deny them now. They might ask themselves out later in the future and it will cause more problem than you expected.
What if they meet themselves outside unaware and eventually got pregnant before both family find out? Will you kill them or disown them?
This issue happen in my family in both my father and mother family. My mum was not aware before, but they take it as a cross.
My advice is just that if it later happened, both families should distance your location from each other.
It's nice and it will strengthen cooperation between both families. Infact, I wish i could witness their wedding day.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Can You Date This Lady? / Angels Of Death: A Peep Into A Brothel In Ijora Badia / Hot South African Woman Shows Off Big Butts In Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.