Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

What The Bible Say About Muhammad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Say About Muhammad (4387 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
According to the Bible, God said to Moses, on whom be peace: I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. (The Holy Bible, New International Version, Deuteronomy chapter 18, verse 18). The prophet described in the above verse must have the following three characteristics: 1. He will be like Moses. 2. He will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites. 3. God will put His words in the mouth of the prophet and he will declare what God commanded him. Let us see which prophet God was speaking of. 1. The prophet like Moses Some people feel that this prophecy refers to the prophet Jesus, on whom be peace. But, although Jesus (peace be upon him and all of God’s prophets and messengers) was truly a prophet of God, he is not the prophet spoken of here. He was born miraculously, and finally God raised him up miraculously. On the other hand, Muhammad is more like Moses; both were born in a natural way and both died natural deaths.

2. From among the Ishmaelites Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis, chapter 21). Ishmael became the grandfather of the Arab nation. And Isaac became the grandfather of Jewish nation. The prophet spoken of was to come not from among the Jews themselves, but from among their brothers, the Ishmaelites. Muhammad a descendant of Ishmael, is indeed that prophet. 3. God will put his words in his mouth ‘Neither the content of the revelation, nor its form, were of Muhammad’s devising. Both were given by the angel, and Muhammad’s task was only to repeat what he heard.’ (Word Religions from Ancient history to the Present, by Geoffrey Parrinder, p. 472). God sent the angel Gabriel to teach Muhammad the exact words that he should repeat to the people. The words are therefore not his own; they did not come from his own thoughts, but were put into his mouth by the angel. These are written down in the Qur’an word for word, exactly as they came from God. Now that we know that prophet we must listen to him, for, according to the Bible, God says: ‘I will punish anyone who refuses to obey him’ (Good News Bible, Deut. 18:19). Jesus (on whom be peace) In the Glorious Qur'an The Qur’an tells us many wonderful things about Jesus. As a result, believers in the Qur’an love Jesus, honor him and believe in him. In fact, no Muslim can be a Muslim unless he or she believes in Jesus, on whom be peace. The Qur’an says that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that he healed the blind and the leper by God's leave and that he raised the dead by God's leave. What then is the significance of these miracles? First, the virgin birth. God demonstrates His power to create in every way. God created everyone we know from a man and a woman. But how about Adam, on whom be peace? God created him from neither a man nor a woman. And Eve from only a man, without a woman. And finally, to complete the picture, God created Jesus from a woman, without a man. What about the other miracles? These were to show that Jesus was not acting on his own behalf, but that he was backed by God. The Qur’an specifies that these miracles were performed by God's leave. This may be compared to the Book of Acts in the Bible, chapter 2, verse 22, where it says that the miracles were done by God to show that he approved of Jesus. Also, note that Jesus himself is recorded in the Gospel of John to have said: ‘I can do nothing of my own authority' (5:30). The miracles, therefore, were done not by his own authority, but by God's authority. What did Jesus teach? The Qur'an tells us that Jesus came to teach the same basic message which was taught by previous prophets from God – that we must shun every false god and worship only the One True God. Jesus taught that he is the servant and messenger of the One True God, the God of Abraham. These Qur'anic teachings can be compared with the Bible (Mark 10:18; Matthew 26:39; John 14:28, 17:3, and 20:17) where Jesus teaches that the one he worshipped is the only true God. See also Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:13, and 4:27 where we find that his disciples knew him as ‘Servant of God’. The Qur’an tells us that some of the Israelites rejected Jesus, and conspired to kill him, but God rescued Jesus and raised him to Himself. God will cause Jesus to descend again, at which time Jesus will confirm his true teachings and everyone will believe in him as he is and as the Qur'an teaches about him. Jesus is the Messiah. He is a word from God, and a spirit from Him. He is honored in this world and in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to God. Jesus was a man who spoke the truth which he heard from God. This can be compared with the Gospel According John where Jesus says to the Israelites: ‘You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God’ (John 8:40).

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Ozegbe(m): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
i really dont care anymore who GOD actually sent all i know is that i prefer jesus to muhammed because he preach more abt love.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ozegbe: i really dont care anymore who GOD actually sent all i know is that i prefer jesus to muhammed because he preach more abt love.

Abi oh!
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ozegbe: i really dont care anymore who GOD actually sent all i know is that i prefer jesus to muhammed because he preach more abt love.
Islam preaches love and tolerance muslims might not be perfect but islam is a perfect relgion from Allah.
Apart from the quran which other religious book talks about science and confirmed by scientist
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
We are talkn about reality of religion u are talkn about love when God himself in the bible to follow prophet muhammed because its him who is replica of moses.
Islam preaches love and tolerance too.
muslims might not be perfect but islam is a perfect relgion from Allah.
Apart from the quran which other religious book talks about science and confirmed by scientist
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
We are talkn about reality of religion u are talkn about love when God himself in the bible to follow prophet muhammed because its him who is replica of moses.
Islam preaches love and tolerance too.
muslims might not be perfect but islam is a perfect relgion from Allah.
Muhammed an unlettered prophet who teaches accurate science and this is confirmed by modern day scientist
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
THERE IS NO ''GOD'' in the Jewish bible. Can people start to used their BRAINS for once please.

The Jewish bible is just a history book for Jews written by ordinary men like you. NOTHING MORE.

The ONLY reason you think that this Jewish history book is the 'word of God' is that this is what your were taught since you were a child. Now that you're grown up with adult brains, ISN'T IT TIME TO SHED SUCH STUP.ID AND IGNORANT BELIEFS??

Do you have to go to your grave brainwashed??
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by tobechi20(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Dat means muslim and christians worship the same God

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by stillme(m): 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Muslims can never and will never understand bible scriptures. Bible is not just a book. It is an holy book. Anybody that must interprete the scripures must have holyspirt.
There is no scripture that refer to Mohammed. Stop decieving yourself. Quran, itself didn't refer to mohammed the way it refers to Jesus christ the messih.

4 Likes

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 21, 2012
stillme: Muslims can never and will never understand bible scriptures. Bible is not just a book. It is an holy book. Anybody that must interprete the scripures must have holyspirt.
There is no scripture that refer to Mohammed. Stop decieving yourself. Quran, itself didn't refer to mohammed the way it refers to Jesus christ the messih.
it means u are not reflectn on ur bible when u read it to see the direction it pointing u to
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by buzor(m): 6:46am On Jul 21, 2012
tobechi20: Dat means muslim and christians worship the same God
pls we dont worship d same God. muslim gods encourages them to bomb their neighbours while God advises us to love one another and be in peace with all men

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by free123: 7:05am On Jul 21, 2012
muslims and dreams
at times they will say Jesus didnt die, other times they will say He actually died and God raised Him up miraculously - a case of double standards.

Why is quran not enough book to prove the coming of mohammed?

Claiming that the Bible is corrupt and in turn use it, is disgraceful.

stick to ur book and brainwash urself d more cos christians will never buy d story of mohammed and his belligerent nature

5 Likes

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by MrAnony1(m): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2012
lekibraky:
Islam preaches love and tolerance muslims might not be perfect but islam is a perfect relgion from Allah.

Hmm "love and tolerance". Please tell me this: does Allah love you? Does Allah truly know what it means to love??
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by laykhorn(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2012
buzor:
pls we dont worship d same God. muslim gods encourages them to bomb their neighbours while God advises us to love one another and be in peace with all men
Foools like you annoy me cos are you deaf and blind to still understand that this stup1d BH boys are ethnic mor0ns. Terrorists are terrorists!!! I can't remember a time durin the terrorism done by 9ja delta boys in wich they were labelled CHRISTIANS. I'm sure you've got some1 around u who is a muslim.. Why nt ask that person b4 typin this. Our main problem in Nigeria is Ignorance. When yorubas nd igbos were busy sendin their kids 2 skul, didn't they sense a danger in d illiterate nd ignorant hausa kids who are goin 2 for b idle for the rest of their life and may try bein rebellous as their revenge. Better knw 2day that those helpless kids on ur street gonna du sumtin 2 ur kids 2mao. In the south-west here, most of them become touts, southern bcom naijadelta boys, nd in the north,they gt no other choice than Boko.
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Delafruita(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2012
islam is a religion of peace.unfortunately for allah,his worshippers are naturally warlike people.i want to ask a simple question from the Op,why does the quran claim that a book,injil was revealed to jesus when we all know jesus didnt write the injil(bible).it wasnt even written till many years after his death.however during the time of muhammad,the bible was already in existence and it was believed to have been written by jesus.is it that allah doesnt have the facts or was muhammad just reeling out a lot of hocus-pocus

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by laykhorn(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2012
tobechi20: Dat means muslim and christians worship the same God
The two religions are almost indiffrent. I'm tryna picture sumtin outta my life. My Dad's muslim nd mum's christian. Since the 20yrs i've bn in d family, i can't rememba a tym our family relations have got a big fallin-out. We've lived in peace all that tym. I've checked both religions nd it fascinates me that the two holy books have got a lot alike than their diffrence. Almost all stories in the bible are the same thing in the Quran, except 4 d names. Talk about Moses, Joseph, jonah, birth of jesus nd lots of em. I come 4rm a family of five(parents excluded) nd we got 3muslims nd 2christian. We've together celebratd Eids, xmas, new year, easter, nd whatever.. My christian 6ta wuld remind me when its Salat tym. I would visit church on new year nd xmas days. I'll pray solemnly wherever i am believin in God. My mum would distribute eid's meat to her church members. My family is d best in d world; my dad set forth some great steps i do not mind followin. If i end up marryin a muslim, fine! a xtian, no problem. If evry1 s lyk my bros nd 6ta, we would have long forgoten tribe or religious rubbishes.
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by laykhorn(m): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Hmm "love and tolerance". Please tell me this: does Allah love you? Does Allah truly know what it means to love??
Pls! Do not go there. There are alot of occasions in d hadith where muhammad preached ' luv ur neighbour as urself' nd evn there is a verse in d quran that says 'if u do things you dnt lyk 2 b done to u to ur neighbors, u are nt a real muslim'. It baffles me alot wen pipu say things they gt no hint of.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by MrAnony1(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2012
laykhorn:
Pls! Do not go there. There are alot of occasions in d hadith where muhammad preached ' luv ur neighbour as urself' nd evn there is a verse in d quran that says 'if u do things you dnt lyk 2 b done to u to ur neighbors, u are nt a real muslim'. It baffles me alot wen pipu say things they gt no hint of.

You missed the point of the question. If you say that Allah is one alone and eternal, who or what was Allah loving before creation? You cannot know the taste of chicken without ever actually tasting it.
If Allah only had himself tho love, then his love stems from selfishness and is not what we know to be true love.
If Allah began to love after he had created, then he fell in love and therefore is subject to love
If love is subject to Allah, then it is his creation and not an attribute of his nature therefore he doesn't really love and he is a hypocrite if he demands that you love selflessly because even himself is incapable of selfless love.

This selfish attribute of Allah ties in with the core of what islam is. Islam is all about submission to Allah's will.
It is because your god is not capable of selfless love that the story of Christ sounds alien to you. If your god was capable of love, then it wouldn't have been a problem for you to believe that He loved you enough to die for you.

God is love.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by free123: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2012
This mohammed was an intelligent man; he talked about peace when his army was in minority but when he gained more men, fight, war and violence were revealed to him.

This is why few verses talk about peace and how allah loves people in d quran just when mohammed knew that he would lose battles if he'd started any because they were small in number.

But we encounter numerous verses talking about wars, killing etc just when mohammed gained more men to fight and engage in wars, lootings etc.

this is why some muslims argue and show us how peaceful islam is. they think people do not know when those verses were revealed to mohammed

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by mskata(m): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2012
grin[quo ;Dte author=Delafruita]islam is a religion of peace.unfortunately for allah,his worshippers are naturally warlike people.i want to ask a simple question from the Op,why does the quran claim that a book,injil was revealed to jesus when we all know jesus didnt write the injil(bible).it wasnt even written till many years after his death.however during the time of muhammad,the bible was already in existence and it was believed to have been written by jesus.is it that allah doesnt have the facts or was muhammad just reeling out a lot of hocus-pocus[/quote][color=#006600][/color]

Well, am nt rili good at ds bt lemme jes add dat, d injil dat was revealed to jesus was the old testament and nt the new testament writing by paul or however dats y u find many similarities btwn d old testament and d quran. (Abeg make una no scatter me with questions O̲̣̣̥ na d small one wey i knw be dis
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by LagosShia: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

a Muslim that goes to bed while his neighbor is hungry is not a believer-Prophet Muhammad (sa)

i can find tons and tons of these sayings.even Prophet Muhammad said: "i was not sent except to complete teachings on good conduct (manners)".

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by Delafruita(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
mskata: grin[quo ;Dte author=Delafruita]islam is a religion of peace.unfortunately for allah,his worshippers are naturally warlike people.i want to ask a simple question from the Op,why does the quran claim that a book,injil was revealed to jesus when we all know jesus didnt write the injil(bible).it wasnt even written till many years after his death.however during the time of muhammad,the bible was already in existence and it was believed to have been written by jesus.is it that allah doesnt have the facts or was muhammad just reeling out a lot of hocus-pocus[color=#006600][/color]

Well, am nt rili good at ds bt lemme jes add dat, d injil dat was revealed to jesus was the old testament and nt the new testament writing by paul or however dats y u find many similarities btwn d old testament and d quran. (Abeg make una no scatter me with questions O̲̣̣̥ na d small one wey i knw be dis
you think we're ignorant people abi.the oldtestament is called the torah by jews and the quran refers to it as ataorat.the torah was revealed to moses a.k.a musa.
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by mskata(m): 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
@delafruita

Owk torah, law of moses old testament, same tin, alryt.

Brb will try and ans u q
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by LagosShia: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
"Who Is The "comforter" In The Bible And Why"?
https://www.nairaland.com/871478/us-christian-jewish-actor-director-sean#10351101

"The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820160.0.html

The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book " DANIEL 2" Is Islam!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772940.0.html

"The Event Of Mubahila:Surrender Of The Christians To The Prophet Muhammad (sa)"
https://www.nairaland.com/836589/event-mubahila-surrender-christians-prophet

"Nestor:the Christian Monk In Syria Who Bore Witness To Muhammad"
https://www.nairaland.com/597768/nestor-christian-monk-syria-who

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by MrAnony1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

a Muslim that goes to bed while his neighbor is hungry is not a believer-Prophet Muhammad (sa)

i can find tons and tons of these sayings.even Prophet Muhammad said: "i was not sent except to complete teachings on good conduct (manners)".
Is Allah capable of selfless love?
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by stillme(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
lekibraky: it means u are not reflectn on ur bible when u read it to see the direction it pointing u to

Lol. You are very funny. Mr Man go and read your quran very well and stop spitting blasphemies about the holybook.
Honestly I don't see what u are tryin to point out when your quran confirmed the Jesus christ as the breath of God,saviour and his coming back. Guy try and spend your quality time to find out what quran talks abt Jesus,it will do you a lot of good.
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by LagosShia: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Is Allah capable of selfless love?

so you dont believe God is capable of selfless love? why you didn't He created you and then watches over you disobey Him and talk nonsense?

"Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful" [Holy Quran 76:3]

" Did you suppose that We created you aimlessly, and that you will not be brought back to Us?'" [Holy Quran 23:115]

"Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."[Holy Quran 3:31]

"He, who created death and life that He may test you [to see] which of you is best in conduct." [Holy Quran 67:2]
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by LagosShia: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
stillme:

Lol. You are very funny. Mr Man go and read your quran very well and stop spitting blasphemies about the holybook.
Honestly I don't see what u are tryin to point out when your quran confirmed the Jesus christ as the breath of God,saviour and his coming back. Guy try and spend your quality time to find out what quran talks abt Jesus,it will do you a lot of good.

what is your own point?

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by MrAnony1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

so you dont believe God is capable of selfless love? why you didn't He created you and then watches over you disobey Him and talk nonsense?

"Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful" [Holy Quran 76:3]

" Did you suppose that We created you aimlessly, and that you will not be brought back to Us?'" [Holy Quran 23:115]

"Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."[Holy Quran 3:31]

"He, who created death and life that He may test you [to see] which of you is best in conduct." [Holy Quran 67:2]
Perhaps your allah is capable of some semblance of love but it is definitely not selfless.
I'll ask you this, Who was Allah loving before the creation?
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by LagosShia: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Perhaps your allah is capable of some semblance of love but it is definitely not selfless.
I'll ask you this, Who was Allah loving before the creation?

firstly,if you want to talk like an idi.ot i will not continue this discussion.i am sure you will disagree that christianity makes people stupid,blind and ignorant.therefore talk respectably and with some sense and dont portray yourself and speak like an imbe.cile.

He is not "my Allah".in Islam and to muslims unlike in christianity and to christians,God is not a monopoly for any one group of people or community.He is the universal unique one unseen almighty Creator of all.by the time you bring Him down to that level of a "local god",you're not talking about God the Almighty Creator,unique one unseen and supreme.and cannot therefore agree with a Muslim by trying to bring down God Almighty to a possessed being or imagination of a local level.

to answer your question,about who Allah was loving before the creation,in Islam Allah (swt) or God Almighty is self-sufficient.He is al-hayyul qayyum.He does not need to love,to eat,drink or sleep.He does as He will.these are basic concepts a Muslim is taught about God.so that should make man ever more thankful to God because he really does no good and adds nothing to God and His greatness.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by MrAnony1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
LagosShia:

firstly,if you want to talk like an idiot i will not continue this discussion.i am sure you will disagree that christianity makes people stupid,blind and ignorant.therefore talk respectably and with some sense and dont portray yourself and speak like an slowpoke.

He is not "my Allah".in Islam and to muslims unlike in christians and to christians,God is not a monopoly for any one group of people or community.by the time you bring Him down to that level,you're not talking about God and cannot therefore agree with a Muslim by trying to bring down God Almighty to a possessed being or imagination.

to answer your question,about who Allah was loving before the creation,in Islam Allah (swt) or God Almighty is self-sufficient.He is al-hayyul qayyum.He does not need to love,to eat,drink or sleep.He does as He will.these are basic concepts a Muslim is taught about God.so that should make man ever more thankful to God because he really does no good and adds nothing to God and His greatness.
Good, it is exactly those basic concepts that I am indeed questioning. How can a self-sufficient one not be selfish? How can he do anything outside himself? How can he love selflessly?
I am not arguing that he does not need to, I am arguing that he is incapable of selfless love.

Btw, I apologise for saying "your Allah"
Re: What The Bible Say About Muhammad by LagosShia: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Good, it is exactly those basic concepts that I am indeed questioning. How can a self-sufficient one not be selfish? How can he do anything outside himself? How can he love selflessly?
I am not arguing that he does not need to, I am arguing that he is incapable of selfless love.

Btw, I apologise for saying "your Allah"

you are talking of God here and not man.if you imagine a rich man with enormous wealth he has accumulated,you can rightly question if he is capable of self-less love.and even at that,there are men who are very rich and selfish and yet capable of self-less love in relation to their wife and children.so now imagine God that possesses everything and the power to create and bring into existence from where nothing existed save Him.put creation in the form of children or wife and then maximize your vision of God that does not acquire but creates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monster Energy Drink Is A Satanic Drink - 666 / My First Time Attending Celestial Church Or Christ (CCC) / Mzbel: 'I Don't Believe In Jesus Christ Anymore'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.