Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Does It Still Exist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Still Exist? (1878 Views)

Do Virgin Men Still Exist?? / Photo: Do Guys Like This Still Exist? / Love Still Exist In Nigerian Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Still Exist? by lickylicky(f): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
Peeps, pls in dis our 21st century... Do parent still ve the right to choose or decide who their children marries. My mum's friend wants me to marry her son!!! I feel like screaming, dis people are choking me!!!
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
Scream o! If hin prick na artificial nko? Abeg shout like d Nigerians were shouting during subsidy.Wot nonsense!
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Mynd44: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
It is wrong and you are the only one who can do something about it
Re: Does It Still Exist? by DeBlunt: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
Idowuogbo: Scream o! If hin prick na artificial nko? Abeg shout like d Nigerians were shouting during subsidy.Wot nonsense!

grin
Re: Does It Still Exist? by boomssey(f): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
Arrant nonsense!dnt allow it,dnt allow any1 choose 4 u.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 21, 2012
Mynd_44: It is wrong and you are the only one who can do something about it

Gbam.com. No one can choose for you.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Mynd44: 12:45am On Jul 21, 2012
ogugua88:

Gbam.com. No one can choose for you.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by chelseabmw(m): 1:06am On Jul 21, 2012
@Poster

Are they rich? Pls let me know asap so that I can send ma beautiful cousin over to ur mom's friend

I want to ask u a question...Do u like guy? Have u seen him? Is he ur type of person... Give me ans asap
Re: Does It Still Exist? by 190: 1:14am On Jul 21, 2012
OP

U better marry that dude
Remember ur parents blessings and besides
D boy is rich and ur current BF isn't and he's a drug addict

#chews gum#
Re: Does It Still Exist? by chelseabmw(m): 1:21am On Jul 21, 2012
190: OP

U better marry that dude
Remember ur parents blessings and besides
D boy is rich and ur current BF isn't and he's a drug addict

#chews gum#

Go tru her profile n take a look at her pics there....she's not even fine self
If u check now,u will discover dat the guy beats her down... A perfect gentleman for that matter
Opportunity they say come but once,u better grab it now
Re: Does It Still Exist? by 190: 1:47am On Jul 21, 2012
OP

Is dat true
Ur current BF beats u

I didn't even know - u see 190 is always right
Well thank ur parents and better date dat new dude dey want
Or u cud find urself running down 2 seek my advice in a few yrs time

#chews gum#
Re: Does It Still Exist? by chelseabmw(m): 1:50am On Jul 21, 2012
190: OP

Is dat true
Ur current BF beats u

I didn't even know - u see 190 is always right
Well thank ur parents and better date dat new dude dey want
Or u cud find urself running down 2 seek my advice in a few yrs time

#chews gum#

Beats her hands down(meaning the new guy is finer than her)
Re: Does It Still Exist? by chelseabmw(m): 1:52am On Jul 21, 2012
@190
I think d gum u r chewing is affecting ur brains that's if u got one
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Princeparix(m): 2:01am On Jul 21, 2012
Is neva an idea in this 21st century;THINK WIT UR BRAIN ND MOVE WIT UR HEART>LOVE SURELY STANDS D TEST OF TIME.
Chill out>we are in d same situation.
§WHATYAMACALLIT§
Re: Does It Still Exist? by 190: 2:03am On Jul 21, 2012
chelseabmw: @190

LOL
Re: Does It Still Exist? by 190: 2:04am On Jul 21, 2012
chelseabmw: @190

LOL

#sips water#
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Mynd44: 6:01am On Jul 21, 2012
You really need that water dude. Nobody would want you to dehydrate
Re: Does It Still Exist? by cog1: 8:56am On Jul 21, 2012
One would think you are being forced by the guy's mum!
Whereas the lady only asked you,all you do is politely
Decline if you 're not interested!!
Don't start shouting 'wolf' where there's none.
Fish never finish for water.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2012
U can meet ur husbd anywhere_whether recomended or u met hm ursf_check d dude out ist_who knws
Re: Does It Still Exist? by amyg(f): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2012
@OP,wot makes u think d dude is interested in u sef?
Wot v u got 4 dem?cm back next year,if ur tale remains same
we ll knw wot 2 tel u.rubbish
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Phartymah112(f): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

If u check now,u will discover dat the guy beats her down... A perfect gentleman for that matter
guess ur girl wnt fyn pass her!! grin
chelseabmw:

guess ur girl wnt fyn pass her!!
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
tongue
Re: Does It Still Exist? by rush2mac(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

If u check now,u will discover dat the guy beats her down... A perfect gentlman for that matter
guy,u dae c wella.d babe na apology na im make her mumsy wan dash am out!
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Onegai(f): 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Well, I've seen this situation happen at least 3 times in my family, and in every situation, the parents were right. See, they are seeing us clearly, they know things about us we don't see and other places of us, they don't know, but they might suspect. So they pretty much have an idea of what suits us. Take their advice into consideration. The cases I saw, the guy/girl rejected the parent's candidate (and you know how children can be, in order to prove that they are in command of their own lives and their NO was NO, they went in the other direction and married all manner of stupi.d wahala. Mschewww)

Be careful sha: my friend married her husband when she saw how much her mother-in-law loved her (the babe was crazily in love with him and ignored every warning sign that he was bad). But it was because their son was a wild one and they were hoping a good girl would train him. Alas, it didn't.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
Onegai: Well, I've seen this situation happen at least 3 times in my family, and in every situation, the parents were right. See, they are seeing us clearly, they know things about us we don't see and other places of us, they don't know, but they might suspect. So they pretty much have an idea of what suits us. Take their advice into consideration. The cases I saw, the guy/girl rejected the parent's candidate (and you know how children can be, in order to prove that they are in command of their own lives and their NO was NO, they went in the other direction and married all manner of stupi.d wahala. Mschewww)

Be careful sha: my friend married her husband when she saw how much her mother-in-law loved her (the babe was crazily in love with him and ignored every warning sign that he was bad). But it was because their son was a wild one and they were hoping a good girl would train him. Alas, it didn't.
Always on point, well almost always. @OP, there you have it. Our parents usually know what's best for us. Still they can't force a decision down our throats. It would serve you well to at least use corner eye to check the guy out and see if there's some merit to him. Don't reject him because his mom is trying to match make you, if you reject him it should be because he's not up to snuff. Don't let ego inform your decisions in matters such as this.

1 Like

Re: Does It Still Exist? by Mynd44: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
My mum tried this with my senior brother and failed miserably
Re: Does It Still Exist? by lickylicky(f): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2012
chelseabmw: @Poster

Are they rich? Pls let me know asap so that I can send ma beautiful cousin over to ur mom's friend

I want to ask u a question...Do u like guy? Have u seen him? Is he ur type of person... Give me ans asap

I am just getting 2 knw d guy, I like him. But I dnt knw if d idea is cool n reasonable. I dnt want anything dat I will do dat will cause dispute btw d 2 families. Am nt dating any1 now
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Phartymah112(f): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2012
lickylicky:

I am just getting 2 knw d guy, I like him. But I dnt knw if d idea is cool n reasonable. I dnt want anything dat I will do dat will cause dispute btw d 2 families. Am nt dating any1 now
since you are not dating any1 and you like him,it seems he is your type,so,you had better go for him...opportunity comes but once.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Tyche(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2012
fresh_dude: ... @OP, there you have it. Our parents usually know what's best for us. Still they can't force a decision down our throats. It would serve you well to at least use corner eye to check the guy out and see if there's some merit to him. Don't reject him because his mom is trying to match make you, if you reject him it should be because he's not up to snuff. Don't let ego inform your decisions in matters such as this.
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2012
@OP
what kind of "Lickylicky" have you done to make his parents demand that you marry their son?
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
what kind of "Lickylicky" have you done to make his parents demand that you marry their son?
Jayyyyyyy!!!

Behave! grin
Re: Does It Still Exist? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
^^^with a name like that, i understand why parents want MARRIAGE before she gets too close.
because of "lickylicky" in the right places, some men have abandoned their family, some have been declared bankrupt and many many many have died! lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Want Me To Engage And Propose To Her In Front Of Her Mum / Am So Confused.. My Life Is On Hold Right Now / Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.