Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. (898 Views)

My Wife Got Pregnant For Another Man.. I Need An Advice / My Father Hates Me! / Her Fiancé Hates His Mother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. by Ziprisy: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2012
Pls i'm desperately in need of advice frm matured pple in d house. There's this guy i want 2 get married 2. He's my ideal man(God fearing, caring, responsible and intelligent) but the problem is that everyone i know hates his home town, they said they are wicked, pretenders, stingy, too traditional cautious etc and he jst lost his well paid job but later got a lower paying one. I know things are nt easy wit him now, as he has 4 younger siblings he's takin care of, but wants us 2 get married ending of d yr. I'm really disturbd abt wat pple (including my relatives) are sayin abt his town and his financial state as i'm yet 2 get a job after youth service. Pls advice me like i'm ur sister.
Re: The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. by EfemenaXY: 3:51am On Jul 21, 2012
Hmmm...

You're marrying him not his hometown.

Is he the first born son of his parents? My main concern here is that he already has a lot of responsibilities, and a not-so-great job from what you've written here. My instinct would be for you to run far and not look back, as this one na real suffer head o!

But then again, love conqueres all. If you're absolutely sure that deep down, he's the one for you, and he's got the potential to succeed, then by all means follow your heart.

Now, if you were my sister, I'll advice you to wait a bit - till you get a job. There's no need rushing to get hitched unless of course you're pregnant or desperate or both...
Re: The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. by ifyalways(f): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2012
Are you marrying the man or his village?
What's stopping you from getting a job?
If you are convinced the man is a good man, go ahead and look for a job then marry him.
Re: The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. by tpia5: 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
If you' re afraid of his hometown then figure out what you want to do.

Either ignore the fact or find someone else.

But if you're convinced you want to be with him, then concentrate on finding a job and remove your mind from the negative info.
Re: The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. by tasandra: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
@ ify,i wonder my sista..
Op,why not careless abt gossip,and hold unto ur luv?
Re: The Man I Love: Everyone I Know Hates His Home Town. by Abali1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
The story of my life. Though mine is a bit different,(SS added to it, minus responsibiltiy).

@topic, why is it such a hard thing for ladies to make up their mind about what they want(i.e. a million dollar question).
Op, please tell me who will live with regret if you make a bad choice? Most ladies I ve come across always have one thing in common.... that is what will pple say.
S/he who wears the show knows where it pains most... nuff said.

(1) (Reply)

World Top 15 Safest Places To Live / Who's Worthy Of A Role Model? The Camilla Mberekpe (mama Eko) Example / Baby’s Eyes, Private Part Removed In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.