Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? (10362 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by emiye(m): 4:08am On Jul 23, 2012
The Federal Govt keeps over 52% [/b]of the total revenue, and [b]shares the remaining 48% or less amongst state and local government in 36 states of the federation and 774 local governments.

If we try to break it further, Lagos state govt. will be earning realistically[b] 1% or less[/b] of the total revenue to the federation.

Where are the COMPLETED projects commisioned ?
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 4:10am On Jul 23, 2012
emiye:

Can you please shut up about this "well defined agric policy" ? is that part of the project commissioned?

Na today nigeria dey get "well defined agric policy"? he don tey !

Green Revolution .... Operation feed the nation ..... Food for all ..... Better life for rural women.......

They were all "well defined agric policy" at one point or the other in Nigeria's history.

Hey !, Are you simply dumb or being paid?
^^ Probably both.
I will never forget the stupid argument that helped me make up my mind back before the election of 2011. Jonathan Goodluck proposed a change from 6-3-3-4 to 9-3-4. This came in here to argue that by simply changing from 6-3-3-4(which is technically 6+3-3-4) to say 9-3-4, the problems in the Education system would be solved. Fast forward about 2 years after the change, we now know that was a dumb suggestion as it has made no difference of any kind and no one in the administration seems to want to talk of the "successes", if any, because even those who suggested it knew it was dumb to begin with.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by emiye(m): 4:17am On Jul 23, 2012
^^^ It is slightly okay if he is paid, but really terrible if not.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by EkoIle1: 5:13am On Jul 23, 2012
GEJ commissioned the new one and only AGIPA international ladder airport.......lmao.

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by emiye(m): 5:41am On Jul 23, 2012
edicolove: While I think scoring GEJ now will be too early, I can jumpstart that with the following:

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads I think i have passed through this road severally, what has GEJ done since he came,any evidence or link, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin
Council also approved the re-awarding of the contract for the dualisation of the Oyo-Ogbomosho section of the Ibadan-Ilorin Road. The Minister of works explained that contract for the dualisation of Ibadan-Ilorin road section II Oyo-Ogbomosho was initially awarded in favour of Messrs P.W. Nigeria Ltd and Messrs RCC Nigeria Ltd as a joint venture in 2003 in the sum of N14.3 billion with a completion period of 30 months.
Obasanjo must have listed this as his achievement when the road contract was awarded in 2003, ENUGU-Onitsha (another awarded contract ?) , completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports (This is not the first time we have heard of MASSIVE rehabilation in the nations airport, infact the Enugu airport was opened with MASSIVE celebration after massive rehabilation in 2010 or 2011)

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively (more of a political move than developmental one, are the public universities really improving? ). Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north (What has been the impact so far?, how many almajiris have now enrolled in to the schools,or are now out of the street? wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities (you mean NUC has not been deaccrediting courses before GEJ, stop using rhetorics jo !). Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70 ( No biggie about this, it could easily be argued in some quarters to be a negative trend).

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign (This is not true, Obasanjo started this, in actual fact many stakeholders are not carried along yet(bakers, legislators,consumers ) as regards the cassava policy, needed machineries are also not available yet . The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers (Can the farmers within the short while meet the needed level of production and quality ?, Nigeria is the second largest importer of rice worldwide, we import over 90% of our consumption. The increase in import duty is ill timed,at least if 60% of the demand can be met locally, maybe that can be laudable) The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers (What is the access rate to the loan? news like this are so common,but those who need it do not have access to it). Farmers database is being compiled nationwide and improved seedlings are being distributed to them. (i would have love to see an electronic database of Nigerian farmers )

The power roadmap is on as you know and PHCN has been unbundled. The PIB has been sent to the NASS and is expected to be passed into law as soon as it scales the NASS.( Till then, the PIB was hot in the news in the 6th republic and back to square one )

Like I said, we hope he succeeds for the benefit of Nigeria but I will prefer to start accessing him at least, after 2 to 3 years.(he has spent over 2 years already, maybe a year more to access him would have been more appropriate)
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 23, 2012
omosexy1: I am no Fashola supporter neither do I support GEJ. However, when people claim Fashola is working, I look to the left and right and ask how. Lagos is a fortunate state because of its previous status as FCT and no doubt supports the Nigerian economy. So it is very clear that the Federal Govt will never neglect Lagos, like they have done to other state, because of this support. I want to ask Fashola's supporters what has he done in Education (private schools have taken over Lagos educational system, parents pay from their noses to send their children to good schools because the public schools are written off. Guess what Fashola has done, he renovated, sorry repainted public schools, increased LASU school fees). I also want to ask what Fashola has done in housing. He passed the one year tenancy bill, without providing housing units. Now landlords have skyrocketed their tenancy rates x2, people now pay rent of 2 years in 1 year. Please Fashola's supporters tell me if Fashola provides the water you drink? Also tell me if Fashola has done something about the nuisance called Area boys in Lagos. The BRT is a public-private venture. I have never seen a government that provide public service yet tax them for it (Lekki-Epe expressway). I have never seen a government that neglects LGAs because they don't provide enough revenue for the government (go to Alimosho LGA, that place is a village you can use to act the Gods must crazy-kind of movie). Fashola has concentrated more on Victoria Island, Ikoyi and Lekki and he has neglected poorer LGAs. Now He wants to pass a traffic law (aimed at generating revenue) without putting things in place, such as directional signs, traffic lights and educated traffic wardens.

I live in Lagos, I pay my taxes as at when due without owing neither the Federal Govt nor Fashola and his hand-stiffed collector Babatunde Fowler yet I do not enjoy privileges due to a decent citizen. Now if you tell me Fashola is working, I think you need to re-examine your senses first then go and get a performance criteria worksheet and list out all his achievements. 60% are private-public joint ventures initiated by private businessmen and some where initiated by the Federal Government (please I don't mean GEJ cos I don't care about that man). Now tell me what has Fashola done?
.Alimosho?May ur conscience judge u.After all your rant the question still remain,What Are The
Projects Commissioned
By Gej?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 23, 2012
People are asking what have I accomplished since I took office, they should first off all answer what their fathers had accomplished when my papa be Fisherman at the Creek.

Well, I'm currently your president that's an accomplishment. Haters gon hate as for say me self be fine babe..

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by brabus(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2012
What has GEJ done or achieved? Nothing meaningful

Because:

1. I still burn fuel everyday to power my house
2. The 34 years old Lagos/Ibadan expressway (the busiest and one of the oldest road in West Africa) has suffered total neglect. I use the road everyday. I know foot soldiers are quick to mention war-torned-northern-states road projects as success.
How bad are these roads they're giving priorities compared to Lagos/Ibadan expressway?
How busy are the roads compared to Lagos/Ibadan expressway?
How old are the roads compared with Lagos/Ibadan expressway? How many roads in Nigeria is 34 years old?
3. Nothing has been done on Otedollar vs Facrook saga. Yet, Arumah Oteh (another villain) was recalled despite all allegations levelled against her.
4. Refineries are not working
5. Naira is N165 against $1 dollar
6. BH rules, President shivers
7. Bombing everywhere!!! Genocide, Suicide, Homicide on the rise.

GEJ doesn't give a damn.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by bibina: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2012
[quote author=nairawall]Can we list some of the successful projects gej has been able to commission done by his government? I am talking about projects his government initiated and implimented.

[b]If lagos government can constantly commission world class projects with the limited access to oil funds, one is forced to wonder what really is GEJ and his team doing with our oil revenue.[/[/b]quote]

which are the world class projects commissioned by lagos state govt? please list them. banana like u
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by abes(m): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
warrior01:
do you live in nigeria? If no, then, how do you know that the so called 'epistles' are lies without you being on ground to asses them? I doff my hat for the road constructed from Abakaliki to Ogoja; it was really awesome

Please, can you tell us more about this particular road?
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2012
bibina: which are the world class projects commissioned by lagos state govt? please list them. banana like u

Why do want wish to compare Lagos State, and what happens in the State, with Nigeria(the Nation) as a Whole, and what the Federal Government does? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Eziachi: 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
warrior01:
do you live in nigeria? If no, then, how do you know that the so called 'epistles' are lies without you being on ground to asses them? I doff my hat for the road constructed from Abakaliki to Ogoja; it was really awesome
So it means that next time you made comment about U.S and others that you only see on TV that we should stone you to death because you haven't been there or lived there?
Only in NIGERIA that people still thinks that road construction, drinking water, constant energy supply counts as an achievement in office. Those are basic or minimum requirement from every govt on any land be it democratic or dictatorship.
Some idiots even say that its their dividend of democracy and I asked them whether the good roads in Cuba was built by some angels from heaven or by our democratic Castro and his brother Raul?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: I'm Shocked Education Ministry, Union Didn't Resolve Crisis - Ngige / Artisans Promise Tinubu 5.3 Million Votes / Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.