Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (893636 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lanre2009: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hi all,

I have been using my honda accord 1998 model(babyboy) for a little over three years now and i would still love to use it for the next two years, i am planning on refurbishing (fine tunning) the engine, what do i need to do? Every advise would be highly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kemasdaniel(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
luvinhubby: @yomex
I think u need to change the ATF u are using. Our local ABRO can be used for steering but never for Honda gear box. Try using the Z1 or DW1, u will notice an improvement.
thanks 4 ur information
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chilug(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
dpresido: Nice thread....Pls I nid tip on my Baby Boy 2000, The steering is a bit stiffed. Used to be flexible than this before. Have topped de transmission fluid and still same. Thanks
Your power stering pomp maybe bad. Its nt expensive I tink is 8k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
Behind bobo: What could cause my batteries not to last more than 7 months.The last two brand new batteries I purchased did not last long before they packed up.The last one I bought was a trane battery with adequate rating.The one before was also good. Is there a reason for this?
Check the battery capacity in relation to your enginine capacity, the higher the engine, the bigger the battery(2.0 engines - 65amps).
Also replace your alternator with a new battery purchase.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by highlandre(m): 8:13am On Apr 01, 2013
numen: My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:40am On Apr 13, 2013
lanre2009: Hi all,

I have been using my honda accord 1998 model(babyboy) for a little over three years now and i would still love to use it for the next two years, i am planning on refurbishing (fine tunning) the engine, what do i need to do? Every advise would be highly appreciated.
Change your nozzles & injector mouth alongside your frequent servicing.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 6:27am On Apr 13, 2013
I did a head gasket change and cooling system flush but noticed that my honda 99 accord ex(auto tran) drags when accelerating. Fuel consumption rose as a result cos it revs @ high rpm to gather speed. What are the possible remedial actions please. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aychadas: 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2013
Please where can I get Z1 honda gear oil, I looked for it all over Port harcourt but couldn't find it, n how much pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 10:04am On Apr 25, 2013
@luvinhubby, how many litres of oil will it take to service a 2003 EOD V6 engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by simontempler: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2013
Oyingbo is the best place.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by teeebest(m): 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
simon templer: Oyingbo is the best place.
Do you know of a good Honda Mechanic you can refer me to @ oyingbo? I need to service my baby boy and I'm skeptical about these 'jack of all trade' Mechanics.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayomury: 9:37am On Apr 26, 2013
My Honda CRV 2004 drive light just started flashing on motion even when I shift to a lower gear, the D light still keeps flashing.
While it does this, the gear doesn't really select, but rather drives at very low speed with the engine revving. At first, switching off the engine for a while fixes this temporarily, but now, it hardly solves the problem. My mechanic is telling me that i need to replace my gear
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
aychadas: Please where can I get Z1 honda gear oil, I looked for it all over Port harcourt but couldn't find it, n how much pls.
I brought a litre jug for #2,500 mehn my car just dey fly in P.H I don't know where u caan get it but in abj that's how much I brought it sha!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
Marpol: @luvinhubby, how many litres of oil will it take to service a 2003 EOD V6 engine?
1 4litre gallon & an extra 1litre to gauge.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
teeebest:
Do you know of a good Honda Mechanic you can refer me to @ oyingbo? I need to service my baby boy and I'm skeptical about these
'jack of all trade' Mechanics.
Call me on 08029255299
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
ayo.mury:
My Honda CRV 2004 drive light just started flashing on motion even when I shift to a lower gear, the D light still keeps flashing.
While it does this, the gear doesn't really select, but rather drives at very low speed with the engine revving. At first, switching off the engine for a while fixes this temporarily, but now, it hardly solves the problem. My mechanic is telling me that i need to replace my gear
It's an electrical fault, change the switch & your transmission fluid, if you can, buy ATF-DW1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
aychadas: Please where can I get Z1 honda gear oil, I looked for it all over Port harcourt but couldn't find it, n how much pls.
It's N2,500 per can but DW1 is better and it's N3,000 per can.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
luvinhubby:
It's N2,500 per can but DW1 is better and it's N3,000 per can.
How many cans will a honda 1999 accord EX require ? you may also help find d cost of shipping to north and let me have the total cost. Am in yola now. Thanx
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2013
@luvinghubby: Pls, how much gear oil will a 2003 accord LX require to gauge?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nixo: 2:29pm On May 01, 2013
Hello all, I use a honda babyboy. The issue I have is that anytime I start the engine and want to move,the gear hesitates always before it changes to the next gear, this happens when it is meant to change from 1 -2. It is an automatic transmission and that happens only when I switch off and restart the car. What could be the issue with the car? Car gurus, am waiting for responses. Thanx
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MicroBox: 7:42am On May 02, 2013
belu: I use honda bulldog. I just change my transmission oil with HOLT transision. I notice my car light flahes at D4 instead of bein permanet
Have your problem being solved,if yes pls educate me on what you did. I drive honda academy and the D4 flashes continously and i have to drive a bit far before it would select another gear. I have abardoned my car cos the mechanics here keep giving me a different story.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by omodara2: 1:49pm On May 04, 2013
I need advise. Presently i am driving honda babyboy 2001 v6 and i ave an option of buying an honda civic 2007 or 2009 nigeria use. What shld i watch out for in these cars b4 paying for it and which one is more economical in maintenance.
Thks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by viazi: 12:31am On May 05, 2013
@ All, kindly state clearly where one can get the Z1 OR DW1 ATF, is there a Particular Fuel Station dat sell it? Is it Ap, Oando,TOTAL, CON OIL ETC? OR HONDA PLACE? KINDLY SPECIFY THE PEOPLE THAT SELL THIS STUFFS. THANK U.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by funlover1(m): 6:24am On May 05, 2013
My honda babyboy(2000 model) overheats after I have used the Ac continously for abt 2 to 3 hrs...the temperature indicator moves up and the car drags..but I can drive it all day without overheating if I do not use AC..what could be done ?

Also,is the use of coolant recommended,if yes,what type?

My steering also locks if I switch off the engine totally in order to put of the car stereo..what can I do?..as a result of this,I leave the radio light on..is this healthy for d car?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 10:36pm On May 07, 2013
@luvi I need your help O! Before my technicians would destroy my car!!! HELP -
Let me start like this, I make it a habit to change my ball joints 1ce every 2 months max 3mths, because- I don't want any disappointments, I changed them over the weekend and everything was fine except I was hearing this sharp noise (thou very faint) of a needle rubbing iron, I complained, but they said their was nothing wrong, until yesterday lo-and behold my greatest fear my ball joint nut, flew oFf just like that and my car parked well -right in the middle of the road, some road side mechanic worked on it and I moved it home and returned this morning to my mechanic, they de-assembled and reassembled the arms and legs of my car, I told them I was going to test run the car myself, believe you me I put the gear in R, and my car and tyre had not done a 360 rotation when the shaft pulled off, they insisted they tighten it well and they had to re-jack the car and run it while hanging it was vibrating as if the engine seats had cut so they changed the gear seat remaining one which they could loose that was extremely stiff, nah so O! I allowed them to test drive the and when they came back they said it was not going to affect the car, but lo- and behold the more I increase speed the from 0-40mph the car vibrates; as if the tyre is bad, 1. I hope its not the shaft cups, what. Should I tell them to look out for thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumme: 3:09pm On May 14, 2013
i had same issues with my 97 honda. after several ideas given, what fixed it was the guage/dashboard switch........ my problem now is my battery runs down wen i pack it. av changed alternator and bougth new battery .....it still goes down, anyone knows whats sapping my battery?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:31am On May 16, 2013
@Olajide
Ball joints are not what you change frequently if you get good ones.
Bring the vehicle down, we need to look at the legs very well.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2013
drumme: i had same issues with my 97 honda. after several ideas given, what fixed it was the guage/dashboard switch........ my problem now is my battery runs down wen i pack it. av changed alternator and bougth new battery .....it still goes down, anyone knows whats sapping my battery?
Get a good electrician to look the car, a light, fan, radio or some device runs even when the engine is dead.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:39am On May 16, 2013
viazi: @ All, kindly state clearly where one can get the Z1 OR DW1 ATF, is there a Particular Fuel Station dat sell it? Is it Ap, Oando,TOTAL, CON OIL ETC? OR HONDA PLACE? KINDLY SPECIFY THE PEOPLE THAT SELL THIS STUFFS. THANK U.
It's only sold by Honda dealers, call me if you need DW1. 08029255299.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2013
luvinhubby: @Olajide
Ball joints are not what you change frequently if you get good ones.
Bring the vehicle down, we need to look at the legs very well.
I would be in lagos soon, I have noted the number, thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 1:48pm On May 16, 2013
@lovinhubby, please I need honda coolant.how much does it cost and how many litres will I need.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by numen(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2013
Nixo: Hello all, I use a honda babyboy. The issue I have is that anytime I start the engine and want to move,the gear hesitates always before it changes to the next gear, this happens when it is meant to change from 1 -2. It is an automatic transmission and that happens only when I switch off and restart the car. What could be the issue with the car? Car gurus, am waiting for responses. Thanx

Possibly your gear-switch needs cleaning. There's a filter inside it when you loose it. It might be dirty. Try it and see if it works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.