Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892064 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by casimirchocho(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Hi everyone, pls help me with this. My Honda accord 1998 engine sometime goes off while the car is on motion, and refuses to common on when I start it, I then will need to wait for almost 5 minuetes before the car can start. Can anyone help please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Autoinfoz(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2012
I subscribe the new discussuin currently
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
casimirchocho: Hi everyone, pls help me with this. My Honda accord 1998 engine sometime goes off while the car is on motion, and refuses to common on when I start it, I then will need to wait for almost 5 minuetes before the car can start. Can anyone help please?
Your fuel pump is most likely faulty
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
Ha, I have come again O! My car is killing batteries, I don't know if the alternator is charging them, but how can I test this? this is the second battery O, and my auto alarm sound doesn't go off immediately I lock it *auto-lock*, the light on my speedometer board, even after I have increased the intensity isn't coming going brighter, some portion of it is off, I have told an electrical repair to help me take a look at it but they just seem lost, what can I do please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by calculusx(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
olajide_07: Ha, I have come again O! My car is killing batteries, I don't know if the alternator is charging them, but how can I test this? this is the second battery O, and my auto alarm sound doesn't go off immediately I lock it *auto-lock*, the light on my speedometer board, even after I have increased the intensity isn't coming going brighter, some portion of it is off, I have told an electrical repair to help me take a look at it but they just seem lost, what can I do please

Do you have a Tracker on your Car? Some tracking device drain batteries if not properly installed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
ATF DW-1 is available from a company in Yaba, Lagos. They also sell 5w-20 and 5w-30 engines oils which are recommended for Hondas. The name of the company is SOLUTIONS PLUS LTD. Their nos are 07067009400, 07081609482, & 09096851969. i hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumme: 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
grimadult: I currently bought a 1999 acura tl frm automania of nairaland. Bt whn drivin bck to owerri wit it,it started shifting into 2nd gear violently.I tot d transmissin wz faulty or dat d oil needed change. Whn I got to owerri I googled d prblm and registerd on acurazine(a site with registerd acura and honda technicians)dey replied my mail and said my selonoid switch and seloniod pressure pumps were clogged up with dirt and give intructions on hw to get it fixed. Did it and my transmissin shifts so perfect nw.

can u pls send me the intructions to drumme2000@yahoo.com tnx. am waiting
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumme: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2013
my honda bullet 97 model tiger face....... couldnt climb hills n wont run well, also would jerk wen deccelerating , took it to my nissan meko, he said it was my gear that had issues...... a friend recommended a honda expert in ibadan for a second opinion....... the guy drove it for 20 secs n stopped and said my gear is ok... that he'll just service the nursles and changed plug wires. now my car speeds normally and am enjoying it.

he said bad engine seat is responsible for the jerking...... i'll fix that also.

moral is always seek for an expert. i hope that will help someone here too

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dandollar1: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Please someone should recommend a good honda mechanic around agidingbi,ikeja.I need to run a diagnostic test and do the necessary servicing of a newly aquired honda EOD before I start using it.

Thanx.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agabaI23(m): 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Honda baby boy
The story

Before I changed the engine, I discovered that the car shaked violently when the ac was turned on and gets worse when the reverse gear is engaged. That I think started when I changed the AC compressor.

This continued with the new engine. Each time this happens, I noticed that the RPM goes close to 0. Mechanics have tried to raise the RPM but the sound continued.
One morning, I noticed that the sound and vibration was on even when the Ac was not on. NB, this sound disppears on top speed

One mechanic removed the rear sensor on the throttle body (what the mechanics called the injector mouth) and the vibration stopped for while stationary but the rpm was always high and driving was unplesant. I was advised to change the throttle body which i did. Vibration stopped momentarily and started all over again. I changed the throttle body again apparently because they had broken the knob that is used to rregulate the RPM.

Still no soilution.

I also changed the inner shaft cup that fits into the gearbox at one point.
Anyone has an idea what is going on? Any suggestions please?

I discovered that my two fans were connected directly so that both fans work on turning on the ignition. This has been rectified
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumme: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2013
i need help/advice....... i drove my honda bullet 97 model from ibadan to abuja spent 7hrs but wen i got to my street in abuja the D4 started blinking and sometimes wen i press the trothle no matter how hard the car wouldnt run. i want to know the cause and solution b4 i get a rewire to check it for me........

has anyone had this issues b4?

@luvinhubby: Thanks for the idea of changing the 3rd switch.....my d4 light is stable n car moves well....... Just that it started over heating wen I use ac wit it and the 2 fans are working...... I use it with ac b4 without overheating...... Pls wats the solution.

I noticed while they were changing the switch the fan wire cut and the connected it bak...... Could they av connected it the wrong way?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:24am On Feb 13, 2013
@drumme
Tell your rewire to switch the wires or alter the sockets of your fan, it's blowing in the wrong direction.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
calculusx:

Do you have a Tracker on your Car? Some tracking device drain batteries if not properly installed.
Yep! I think so but I brought it like that I think about 2 trackers one on the dash board the other around the radio, but how do I disconnect something I don't know how it was connected, and these auto-electrical guys in abuja here are crazy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Help my baby boy 2002 wont start after few hours of driving if the engine is turned off e.g if I stop at the ATM or at the petrol station, I have to wait for it to cool down before the engine will start work again. The mechanic said it is the fuel pum which has been changed but the problem still persists please help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SUJYDEE(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
my 2002 baby boy exhaust is leakin fluid...i dont know whether its water or fuel
pls what could be caused
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by drumme: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
luvinhubby: @drumme
Tell your rewire to switch the wires or alter the sockets of your fan, it's blowing in the wrong direction.

ok thanks. the issue wit it now is it doesnt climb hills well......it slows to climb. could be so embarrassing wen other cars just climbs easily. any advice pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agabaI23(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
No one wants to say anything about my post above. Not fair. Pls somebody help.
@luvinhubby, abeg attempt to say something
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 10:24am On Mar 01, 2013
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 10:27am On Mar 01, 2013
@ dan dollar

Honda Mechanic - 0803 305 5366 ( Hope )
Honda Diagnostic - 0803 579 6181 ( Rafiu )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2013
Honda chart.pdf

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by edoyad(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
This una 5w-30 no easy to find o. I have been using Total 5w-40 for my civic since that's the only thing I can find that's close to the recommended.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
5W-20 & 5W-30 is available from a company in Yaba, Lagos. The name of the company is SOLUTIONS PLUS LTD. Their nos are 0803 555 9999 & 0808 537 3626. i hope this helps.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hen6kay(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
I Did a Scan on my Honda Accord 2005 and got the following codes: P2185: Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage, P2195: HO2S (A/F Sensor) Sensor 1 Signal Stuck Lean and P0171: Fuel Metering Too Lean. Pls Car Gurus in the House can anyone help me out with the Right Parts to purchase to Fix my EOD. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agabaI23(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
anneki: @agabaI23 Call 08033055366. Guys name is Hope. He is a bit of a Honda Magician.
Thanks man!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Marpol: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Please where can I get the back seat head-rest of 2003 EOD to buy? Black colour.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
edoyad: This una 5w-30 no easy to find o. I have been using Total 5w-40 for my civic since that's the only thing I can find that's close to the recommended.

I also use a Civic 2002 Ex. I've been using a multigrade SAE 20w - 50 which burns slightly in my engine. And I always do my oil change every 2months as I do not get to hit recommended 3000k miles. Edoyad the 5w - 40 is close to whats recommended how does it perform in your Civic?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by edoyad(m): 2:18am On Mar 08, 2013
MrMexs007:

I also use a Civic 2002 Ex. I've been using a multigrade SAE 20w - 50 which burns slightly in my engine. And I always do my oil change every 2months as I do not get to hit recommended 3000k miles. Edoyad the 5w - 40 is close to whats recommended how does it perform in your Civic?

So far I think it's been a excellent. It's Total 9000 which ironically sells for about 5k for 5 liters. The guys at total said I could drive for 9k kilometers or 9 months before another service but I only go for 5 months then I will change.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cardoctor(m): 4:19am On Mar 08, 2013
edoyad: My mechanic wants me to change the Condenser of my A C, he said a bigger one would be better than the one it came with. Is this sound advice?

The condenser is like a small radiator, usually mounted at the front of the car right in front of your big radiator. Sometimes the condenser will have its own electric cooling fan, too. The hot, compressed a/c gas passes through the condenser and gets cooled. As it cools, it becomes a liquid again and continues the cooling cycle that makes cool air blow into your car's cabin.

Though you havent really stated the problem that you are having with your car ac, I would only advice you to use the condenser size as the same fitted by the car's manufacturer.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cardoctor(m): 4:28am On Mar 08, 2013
lacasa: Hello all,

i drive a. 2k5 honda accord, ii αve a problem.

While i'm driving i notice dat after i slow down or wen i want ϯo re-accelerate sometimes, the engine vibrates (shakes) until i lift my foot off the throttle completely, bt wen i put my foot back on the throttle it moves normally.

i thought it was the spark plugs causing this, but i've changed the 4 plugs with new ones but it still does same.

a mechanic said it's probably from the fuel pump.

Any ideas wat it is

You need to have this car properly checked by an expert. There are a thousand and one reasons for engine vibration while under acceleration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.