Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892706 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by yinnocent32: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Thanks my oga. Any idea how much I can get the V6,
Luvinghubby your attention is needed
GAZZUZZ:

Replace engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 11:51am On Oct 12, 2017
honmusa:

Check the VTEC switch!!
thanks,l did another scan today and this codes were detected VTEC system circuit fault(bank 1) P1259 and 02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1 (P0135).I have ordered for them both as l wanted to confirm the code
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
princejones:
thanks,l did another scan today and this codes were detected VTEC system circuit fault(bank 1) P1259 and 02 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1 (P0135).I have ordered for them both as l wanted to confirm the code

and if problem is caused by low oil pressure due to a blocked strainer? grin

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
yinnocent32:
Thanks my oga. Any idea how much I can get the V6,
Luvinghubby your attention is needed

08029255299. 08039121412

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

ok my oga,l will revert back after the parts are change

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 6:32am On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=samdollas2004 post=61290878]Pls can you whatsapp me on 08160405657[? /quote]Allright.. Sorry for the delay.. I was robbed AND lost my phones.. Still interested in the scanner
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 6:32am On Oct 14, 2017
[quote author=samdollas2004 post=61290878]Pls can you whatsapp me on 08160405657[? /quote]
.. Sorry for the delay.. I was robbed AND lost my phones.. Still interested in the scanner
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2017
samdollas2004:
Pls can you whatsapp me on 08160405657
Allright
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 6:37am On Oct 14, 2017
fullman:

Please which of the scanbers will you recommend..
Well... Both are awesome but I prefer the Bluetooth one cos that gives me a lot of data to analyze Onn my phone... I haven't really used the wired one thou.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Move2(m): 1:52am On Oct 17, 2017
hi.please kindly help out with this issue. our 2003 Honda EOD stopped moving,so we gave it a person to fix.he said it was the brainbox,that he needed to collect another one to trace the fault.now,he said he got another brainbox ,that rats ate the previous one and is now claiming a rather high amount. he said there is IBO brainbox and European. though the car is moving now,but are the claims he made true?I seriously doubt them.thanks in advance
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:23am On Oct 17, 2017
Move2:
hi.please kindly help out with this issue. our 2003 Honda EOD stopped moving,so we gave it a person to fix.he said it was the brainbox,that he needed to collect another one to trace the fault.now,he said he got another brainbox ,that rats ate the previous one and is now claiming a rather high amount. he said there is IBO brainbox and European. though the car is moving now,but are the claims he made true?I seriously doubt them.thanks in advance

stop taking your car to a herbalist please.

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:52am On Oct 17, 2017
Move2:

In patience Jonathan's voice: will u keep qwayet? na only u Waka come?

1: ayam running upandan trying to understand how rats ate Brain box.

2: ibo Brain box and European? ayam deeply "corn fused"

3: what is the name of the mechanic handling this issue cos I think we have been really underestimating the knowledge of kazeems and I think we have found that one name that crowns it all! I sincerely don't think a kazeem can make such ambiguous claims.

I'm silently hoping this Mech's name is ghanian and not Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:56am On Oct 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

asin ehn egbon gazuzz, are u able to fathom the logicality of such diagnosis. well maybe with ur level of expertise and experience u can, as for me..... I Neva reach that level, I still dey kindergarten and the jargons used are University level and above.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 6:16am On Oct 17, 2017
Move2:

Did the person replace your car key after he replaced your 'brain-box'?

Did he uninstall the 'bad' brainbox and install the replacement in your presence?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ugreat(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Epic!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by teeboy99: 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
Move2:

Ibo brainbox and European! Lol! Wahala dey oooo. The one that American rats ate, e show you the reminants. Abi dem chop am finish?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Have been laughing all morning. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
CAPTAINBLACK01:
Good day to the house, Oga gazzuzz,kingrein, luvinhubby et.al greetings. Pls I need your advice on this, I had my regular oil change and noticed my mechanic having issues with the oil drain plug at the end of the tussle it got bent and was replaced with something different from this,

1. Should i replace with same, did he damage anything, will it cause leaks?

2. Power steering fluid is found on the passenger side tire and near the condenser I can't spot where it's coming from but Am guessing somewhere at the bottom

Honda Accord 03 V6. Thanks..

Finally found this drain nut at an auto part store ,butterfly nut, it's not to be used on Honda, who fixed it I don't knw.. and I got convinced to try DIY Ecoplug magnetic Drainplug, No oil leaks Two weeks now..

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kkon(m): 5:52am On Oct 21, 2017
CAPTAINBLACK01:

Finally found this drain nut at an auto part store ,butterfly nut, it's not to be used on Honda, who fixed it I don't knw.. and I got convinced to try DIY Ecoplug magnetic Drainplug, No oil leaks Two weeks now..
please where did you buy it am facing similar issue with my crv
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ugreat(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello gurus,
After changing my Honda Bullet shaft(drivers side) I'm experiencing a grinding motion on the same side,like two metals are having friction against each other and the movement is not smooth at all. Please any suggestion please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2017
ugreat:
Hello gurus,
After changing my Honda Bullet shaft(drivers side) I'm experiencing a grinding motion on the same side,like two metals are having friction against each other and the movement is not smooth at all. Please any suggestion please?

check your brake caliper or wheel bearings on that side.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sandysprax(m): 10:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
hi guys,

I noticed a problem with my honda accord 2008/2010 model. Sometimes the accelerator does not respond when i step on it. Like the engine doesn't rev at all and the car doesn't move. I have to turn the car on and off like 4 times before it picks again. I also noticed my A.C causes it to happen too. Sometimes when i turn on the AC, it happens and just loses power. Any ideas as to what could be the matter?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by princejones(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

thanks sir,have change the 02 sensor and the VTEC solenoid but the VTEC fault code still comes back.please what could still possibly be the issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2017
kkon:
please where did you buy it am facing similar issue with my crv
Amazon.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2017
Guys abeg help me out. Yesterday I was traveling and my engine went off on it's own when I was in a hold up. I switched on the engine and it came alive again but after 3 minutes in the same hold up it went off. I tried switching it on but to no avail. When I turn the ignition the dashboard lights come on but when I try to crank the whole lights go off.

I later saw a guy carrying motor battery on his head and I begged him to allow me use his battery to start my engine (as I suspected my own was dead) When he put his own in it still acted the same way. Then he had an idea and connected the two batteries together and when I cranked the car it came alive and I could continue my journey.

So, due to the above I could deduce that my battery life was weak but the issue is that in the course of the guy trying to troubleshoot why our batteries couldn't individually start my engine (he claimed his battery was strong and he was a diesel generator technician) he touched many places on and around the wiring and hoses on my engine.

As I was driving I noticed that my gear took a bit longer to change and my idle was different with the engine jerking intermittently in motion and on idle.

I reached my destination and the next morning checked my engine to discover that I have a small tear on my air intake hose only. I blocked this tear and the jerking and fluctuations stopped but my idle rpm isn't what it used to be anymore.

I don't know any mechanic here in uyo so I went online and did that pin/wire Obd2 connection trick to pull codes and this is what I got:

Mil codes

7. TPS - throttle position sensor

23. Knock sensor

Abs codes

11. Right front wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)

13. Left front wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)

61. Ignition voltage

I know where my throttle position sensor is but if I adjust and reconnect it the mil still throws a code. I don't know what to do about knock sensor or where it is.

I am not too bothered about the abs codes as I've been using the car with abs for a while.

See the pictures of my idle at cold start and warm. Plus my transmission oil level (I know it's above the max mark but if I start the car and check it again it will drop to the low mark so I didn't bother) I changed the oil in June last year and it's been fine every since.

Abeg what can I do? What should I change? So when I take it to kazeem I will direct him accordingly. It's an Accord 2004 i4

GAZZUZZ
Kingreign
Honmusa
Kashif
Everyone else

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
Someone please help me na!

While accelerating, just when it's supposed to change gears, it will rev really high before upshifting suddenly, causing the car to jerk forward.

Also, occasionally it will upshift, downshift, then upshift again.

How can I solve this issue?

Azanor:
I drive a 2003 Honda Accord automatic and recently, it started jerking while shifting between gears (especially 1st to 2nd) after a cold start (not driven the car for several hours). It stops after I've driven the car for some minutes.

Please what could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by stealth2: 8:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Oga Gazzuz pls help. I need you to hook me up with a very good AC technician in Abuja. I've fallen victim to too many fake ones out here. Thank you in advance sir. (Honda Accord 2007)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
Azanor:
Someone please help me na!

While accelerating, just when it's supposed to change gears, it will rev really high before upshifting suddenly, causing the car to jerk forward.

Also, occasionally it will upshift, downshift, then upshift again.

How can I solve this issue?

Drain and refill your transmission fluids first.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Conner44:
Guys abeg help me out. Yesterday I was traveling and my engine went off on it's own when I was in a hold up. I switched on the engine and it came alive again but after 3 minutes in the same hold up it went off. I tried switching it on but to no avail. When I turn the ignition the dashboard lights come on but when I try to crank the whole lights go off.

I later saw a guy carrying motor battery on his head and I begged him to allow me use his battery to start my engine (as I suspected my own was dead) When he put his own in it still acted the same way. Then he had an idea and connected the two batteries together and when I cranked the car it came alive and I could continue my journey.

So, due to the above I could deduce that my battery life was weak but the issue is that in the course of the guy trying to troubleshoot why our batteries couldn't individually start my engine (he claimed his battery was strong and he was a diesel generator technician) he touched many places on and around the wiring and hoses on my engine.

As I was driving I noticed that my gear took a bit longer to change and my idle was different with the engine jerking intermittently in motion and on idle.

I reached my destination and the next morning checked my engine to discover that I have a small tear on my air intake hose only. I blocked this tear and the jerking and fluctuations stopped but my idle rpm isn't what it used to be anymore.

I don't know any mechanic here in uyo so I went online and did that pin/wire Obd2 connection trick to pull codes and this is what I got:

Mil codes

7. TPS - throttle position sensor

23. Knock sensor

Abs codes

11. Right front wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)

13. Left front wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)

61. Ignition voltage

I know where my throttle position sensor is but if I adjust and reconnect it the mil still throws a code. I don't know what to do about knock sensor or where it is.

I am not too bothered about the abs codes as I've been using the car with abs for a while.

See the pictures of my idle at cold start and warm. Plus my transmission oil level (I know it's above the max mark but if I start the car and check it again it will drop to the low mark so I didn't bother) I changed the oil in June last year and it's been fine every since.

Abeg what can I do? What should I change? So when I take it to kazeem I will direct him accordingly. It's an Accord 2004 i4

GAZZUZZ
Kingreign
Honmusa
Kashif
Everyone else

Camshaft position sensor, throttle body sensor (may replace the complete unit) and loose battery terminal.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
luvinhubby:

Drain and refill your transmission fluids first.

Thanks for your response.

I've heard that there's a lot of fake and substandard Honda ATF on the market these days. Can you recommend where I can get some to buy, and what the price is?

Also, is there any way I can identify the original ATF DW-1?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
luvinhubby:

Camshaft position sensor, throttle body sensor (may replace the complete unit) and loose battery terminal.

Oga when you say throttle body sensor is it different from the throttle speed sensor?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
Azanor:

Thanks for your response.

I've heard that there's a lot of fake and substandard Honda ATF on the market these days. Can you recommend where I can get some to buy, and what the price is?

Also, is there any way I can identify the original ATF DW-1?

There is a black computer generated batch number at the back bottom of the container of original DW1, if in doubt, call - 08029255299

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.